Happy New Year!

The Ex-Girlfriend

 

“Mnnnggggg…” You grunted, stretching your arms and rolling off to the side. Thump! You fell on the floor. “Aww… aish… I slept on the couch.”

“Hahaha… loser.” Someone a few meters away chuckled and continued eating his breakfast.

You furrowed your eyebrows and stood up, glaring at Baekhyun. He was smiling while eating his breakfast. You gaped at him. It couldn’t be that Baekhyun cooked them. So where did the food come from?

a.) Delivery?

b.) Do Kyungsoo

c.) None of the above

“Yah!!! Did you get that from Kyungsoo?” You hopped over the couch and sat on the dining table. “Waaah… pancakes? He knows English breakfast too?”

“I made them.” Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

“Ha-ha… great joke, Baek.” You stuck your tongue out and poured a minimal amount of maple syrup onto your pancake.

“I really made that!” He pouted, shoving a piece into his mouth.

“I am so convinced.” You scoffed, “The kitchen’s too neat.”

Baekhyun widened his eyes and swatted your hands, taking the plate. “Fine. Then don’t eat this!”

“Okay okay! You made them.” You said half-heartedly, for the sake of getting your plate back. Baekhyun cocked his head to the side and you gave him a reassuring look. He mumbled a little ‘okay’, handing the plate back to you. “Did you really make these?”

“Why? Does is taste so good, huh?”

“Nah…” You shook your head, “...just edible, nothing special.”

“Nothing special?”Baekhyun mumbled, “But you ate more than I did.”

“By the way,” You swallowed the last piece of pancake and put your fork down, “I’m inviting friends over tonight.”

You figured you’d be alone for New Year’s Eve so you planned to call some company for later. You would’ve spent it at home with your parents but they’re probably busy, as always.

“You’re not coming to watch me?” Baekhyun frowned. He had no idea why he was expecting you to come tonight. Why would you even bother?

“And freeze in the cold?” You shook your head, “No way! Sorry, Baek. But I’m much more concern for my health.”

Of course, you wouldn’t come.



 

 

“Brr…. It’s so cold, hyungs.” Sehun shivered, rubbing his forearms. “Can’t we just skip this?”

“Kaiiiiii~ teleport us to Sahara Deserrt.” Chanyeol hugged Kai’s arm and swayed it back and forth.

“Hyung!!!” Kai groaned, prying his poor arm off the giant’s grip.

MBC Gayo Daejun was just about to start and they were waiting for their turn. It was snowing really hard and it didn’t help that they are going to perform outside with their usual costumes.

“I just pray we don’t screw up.” Suho exhaled, breath vapor coming out from his mouth because of the weather.”I feel so sleepy.”

“Me too…” D.O. yawned. He noticed Baekhyun being unusually silent. “Baekhyun hyung, you’re quiet.”

“Huh?” Baekhyun blinked, as if he was awakening from sleep.

“Hahahahahaha… maybe because Sooji’s not here!” Kai taunted him, high-fiving D. O. and Chanyeol.

“Huh?”



 

 

Meanwhile at home, you were sitting on the couch while your invited guests watched you sit down. Pretty boring, huh? I was kidding.

I GOT A BOY MYEOTJIN! I GOT A BOY CHAEKKAK! I GOT A BOY HANDSOME BOY…

“Were you talking about me in this music video?” You cockily asked, earning a glare from Sunny, Jessica and Tiffany.

“Of course, they weren’t talking about you.” Kyuhyun, the only boy in the house, chuckled. You weren’t sure how he got invited but you didn’t care. “They were talking about me, duh!!!”

The glares’ direction turned to Kyuhyun.

“Okay maybe not the kind boy. But handsome boy and awesome boy counts, right?” He sneered.

“You’re such a loser.” You rolled your eyes, “How did you even get invited? You’re the only boy in this house, moron.”

“You called me, stupid!” He shot back, “And look around, you have no one your age. Who’s the loser now?”

“What was that supposed to mean?” You glared at him.

“Hey hey guys, knock it off!” Hyoyeon tried to stop you from quarrelling.

“You don’t have friends your age.”

“I have!!!” You frowned, “There’s Jongin, Taemin and Kai!!!”

“You mean Jongin and Taemin. Kai and Jongin is the same person.” Sooyoung beckoned, shoving popcorn into .

“Whatever.” You rolled your eyes. “Aish… I don’t know anyone outside SM Entertainment.”

“Loser.” Kyuhyun scoffed.

“Hey, stop it!!! I’m trying to sleep here!” Jessica snarled.

“Yah! We didn’t bring you here to sleep!” Taeyeon brought her up. “Sooji… don’t you have movies?”

‘I only have cartoons and Dora and Pororo…’ You thought, ‘Aha!! Maybe Baekhyun has… nah maybe they’re adult videos or SNSD music videos.’

“You see!!! This is so loser!!!” Kyuhyun made a face, “Wow!!! Who’s that? She’s even a minor, are you out of your mind?” He scowled when you opened Skype on your laptop and video called Sadako.

“What was he saying?” The girl said in Japanese.

“And she even speaks in Japanese! Way to go!!!”

“YOU KEEP COMPLAINING!!! WILL YOU SHUT UP??” Tiffany yelled at Kyuhyun, who now stayed silent. “Thank God, I prepared movies.” She took some DVDs out from her bag and handed them to you. “There. I supposed that’s going to last until tomorrow.”

“I’m going to buy food!” Sooyoung stood up, pulling Jessica with her. “We’ll be back in a few.”

“Chick-flick…” You mumbled, choosing between the movies. “Horror… comedy… romantic comedy… romance… suspense… act—ACTION!!!” You squealed, opening the case and playing the movie.

“I suppose that’s not a chick-flick because that would be so unfair. I’m going home if that’s The Breakfast Club, The Last Song, Mean Girls, When in Rome, A Cinderella Story, Another Cinderella Stor—”

“You keep complaining.” Sunny groaned, “Just sit down and watch.”

“What is th—Johnny English? Are you ser—” Kyuhyun shut up when all the girls, including your dog glared at him. About how the dog glared at him, I don’t know. Don’t ask me.

“I remember when Sooji had a crush on Rowan Atkinson and called herself Mrs. Bean… hahahaha…” Hyoyeon trailed off.

“Shut up.” You glared at her and focused back on the television.



 

 

“Hey, is your husband coming?” Jessica asked, lazily. “Because if we go home, then who are you going to be with?”

“My dog.” You answered curtly.

“But shouldn’t he be here doing the countdown with you?” Sunny joined the conversation. “It’s not long before New Year, I think he’s going to make it.”

You silenced and pondered about it. Would Baekhyun make it before New Year or you’ll just see him when you wake up? Of course it’s the latter. OR maybe you wouldn’t even see him because he’s off for another schedule. Things were always like that.

“Nah… he’s not going to make it.” You exhaled deeply and rested your back on the couch. But inside, you were hoping he would.

“Hey guys!! Countdown to new year!” Sooyoung cheered, “Pause the movie!!”

“10…” They started the countdown and thoughts flooded your brain.

‘Nah he’s really not going to make it…’

“9…”

‘But what if he does?’

“8…”

‘No!!! He’s probably freezing in the cold.’

“7…”

‘I wonder how he is now?’

“6…”

‘I bet he’s sick…’

“5…”

‘He should come home now so he can rest well.’

“4…”

‘What am I even saying?’

“3…”

‘Three seconds… is he making it?’

“2…”

‘Nah! BUT BUT…’

“1…”

‘I knew it.’

“HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!” You all cheered albeit, yours was half-hearted.

“Next movie!!!” Kyuhyun announced, when the credits flashed onto the screen. However, no one got up to change the movie. You were the only one who kept standing up to change the movie. But now, you were fast asleep.

“Oh… she’s asleep.” Taeyeon pouted and changed the movie.

“She slept through a horror movie?” Kyuhyun’s mouth agape.

Ding dong!

“Omo! Who is that?” Tiffany’s eyes widened. “What do we do? Sooji’s asleep?”

“Who would even visit her at this time?” Sunny chewed on her lower lip, worriedly.

“Guy, chill. That’s Baekhyun.” Hyoyeon said, knowingly. She stood up and got the door, “Hi guys. Happy new year!”

Baekhyun came in, together with Exo-K and Taemin, who just came back from MBC Gayo. They swiped the snow off their shoulder pads and walked inside.

“Yah!!! Sooji-ah!! Wake up!!” Taeyeon shook you. “Wake up, Sooji.”

“Baekhyun’s here!!! WAKE UP!!!” Jessica yelled, “NOW!!”

Taeyeon and Jessica tried their best to wake you up but you were such a heavy sleeper, even an intensity 6 earthquake wouldn’t wake you up.

“Let us handle that.” Taemin and Kai presented themselves. Taeyeon and Jessica moved away as Taemin and Kai lunged forward to wake up you. “SOOJINA!!”

“Holy fudgers mothers… stop!!!” You groaned, feeling your sides being tickled. You immediately woke up and slapped Taemin and Kai’s face. “YAH KIM JONGIN! LEE TAEMIN WHAT THE HELL!!!”

“I knew that would wake her up.” Taemin smirked and high-fived Kai’s both hands. “Happy New Year!!!”

“You woke me up just to greet me?” You scowled, “Argh… you’re just as annoying as Kyuhyun.”

“Why me?” Kyuhyun shot up from his seat. “Yah! Do you want to be eliminated from the Kyu Line?”

“Well, there’s someone else who wants to greet you a happy new year.” You heard Chanyeol’s deep voice from behind.

You turned around, only to get face to face with a smiling Baekhyun.

“Happy New Year!” He waved in front of you.

“AHHHHHHHHHH!”



 

A/N: CHEESY >< belated HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS! sorry i wasnt able to update soon. i got lazy ><

@babykpopgirl: HAHAHAHA aww. yes he does have his fans and sehun and xiumin and kris!! lol

@Tarsier: EWAN KO SAYO! NAKADROGA KA NO?? HAHAHA SORRY NGAYON LANG AKO NAKAUPDATE T___T

@ParkHeeRa: hahahhha timang! awwww... gusto ko talaga pumunta kaso hayy >< punta ka ba dkfc??

@Vip0202: Why? What happened? o__o

@BestfriendInspirit97: Awww... me too! I hope I can kiss that doog too :(( HAHAHA THANK YOU!!! <:

@pandagirl753: mehe thanks ^^

@boyfriendistheone: THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! T__T

@jetidalwave: hahaha don't worry about that bb! <3

@sunflee_: hahahahhahahaha maybe maybe

@143SakuraLove: HAHAHA HAYYY! thank you!!! :> nakakaloka kasi kayo

@capitalHS: IKR!!! They're unfair towards EXO-M i'm cryy T___T