Because of Jealousy

The Ex-Girlfriend

 

“What are you talking about?” Baekhyun leaned back, scoffing. Maybe he should just drop whatever he found out from Luhan and bring it up on the day you make sense.

“Just some piece of advice, old folk.” You chuckled, bringing your hands to your faces showing a v-sign. “Peace out!”

Baekhyun shook his head. He decided to leave you for there would never be a day you’ll be a sensible talker. To him, that is.

You caught up with him and asked, “Are you going to see Jongin?”

“Maybe?” He shrugged, “If the—”

“I’m coming with you.” You mused, whipping out a white envelope from your pocket. The envelope was crumpled, somewhat destroyed as if someone attempted to rip it into pieces. You took out the letter and showed it to him. “Am I cool or am I cool?”

 

Seoul National University

Gwanak, Seoul, South Korea

“진리는 나의 빛”

Hello Jujuballs.

We are glad to inform you that you, Byun Sooji, passed the university entrance examination. And blablablablayadyadyaydyaydaya. If you wish you enter our university please wear your animal costume for our tea party. We shall make deformed horses and send unicorns to outer space. This has been verified by the South Korean Government. Thank you.

 

“What did it say?” You peeked at the letter.

“Is this for real?” Baekhyun gaped at the letter. It sounded too informal. “They sent this to you?”

You nodded. “Anything wrong? I did not pass? Okay, I already expected that.”

“You took a test at SNU?”

“Why so surprised?”

“I never thou—”

“Let me clarify, I AM NOT STUPID.”

“I didn’t say anything.” Baekhyun shook his head, a cynical smile plastered onto his face. “It says you passed. However, this letter is too informal to be legit.”

“Of course it’s not legit. I made that up.” You stuck your tongue out, erupting into laughter. “Okay, here’s the real letter. I haven’t read it. I’m nervous.” You chewed on your lip, handing him another white envelope. This time, not a single wrinkle was evident.

Baekhyun opened the letter and scanned the piece of paper with his eyes. He nodded his head and frowned, giving you a pat on the shoulder. “You did your best anyway.”

“So I didn’t pass?” You sighed, shoulders deflating. “I tried so hard. I reviewed in secret. I made so much effort for that exam in fact I haven’t been serious over anything except for that damn test and I failed? All my hopes and dreams crash and burn, just like that.”

“It’s okay, Sooji.” He smiles apologetically, handing the letter back to you. “You should check what it says though.”

“Why would I?” You wiped a stray tear from your eye. “I didn’t pass an—WOAH WHAT THE? I PASSED? I PASSED!!!! HOLY MOTHER OF BACON AND EGGS BYUN BAEKHYUN I PASSED!!! I PASSED SNU!!!”

Baekhyun laughed, getting pulled into a tight hug.

“I passed the exam!!!! Baeeeeeeeeeeekhyun!!! UWAAAAAAAAAAAH!” You squealed in delight, pulling back and slapping Baekhyun’s arm. “Why did you tell me I didn’t?”

“I didn’t say you didn’t.” He smirked. “Can’t I troll your for once? This is so worth it.”

“I PASSED!!! WOOHOOO!!!” You jumped and punched the wall. The sudden impact creates a big force that creates a hole in the wall with the size of your fist. “Ooooops.”

“RUN!!!” Baekhyun yelled, firmly gripping onto your wrist and running for your dearly sweet lives.

“Hey! Who did this?” A choreographer walked out of the practice room, staring at the hole.

 


 

 

“Grats man!” Kai slapped your back, “You’re going to be busy now.”

“Oh my goodness, you’re going to get eye bags and that’s not okay.” Tao tutted, “Anyway, I think Kris ge can recommend you creams and stuff… you know cosmetics.”

“Yuck.” You shuddered.

“This calls for a celebration!!!” Xiumin twerks, “Steamed buuuuns!”

“Minseok hyung, you’re on a diet, right?” Sehun gave Xiumin the look. Xiumin frowned, mumbling a little okay.

“Oh hey guys!” Luhan waved to your group, walking inside the café you and EXO where lounging. However, Luhan wasn’t alone. He was with a girl. Not just a girl but Seohyun. “Oh, thank you sunbae.”

“Sure.” Seohyun bowed and left. The reason she was with Luhan was because Luhan asked him where his bandmates went. It just so happened, that Seohyun saw EXO in the café earlier so she accompanied him there.

“Oh…” You raised both of your eyebrows discreetly. ‘Since when were they close?’

“Oooooh… man, you hitting on sunbae?” Chanyeol snickered, pulling an empty chair from the other table and giving it to the shorter male.

“Seems like someone has to work out again.” Kai mumbled, his lips forming a smirk,

Luhan shook his head, “Was I interrupting something?”

“Nothing actually.” Lay rubbed his palms together, “We were just congratulating this little dope who passed SNU.”

“You did?” Luhan stood up from his seat and engulfed you into a hug. “Congratulations!!!! Wow.”

“Thanks.” You awkwardly unwrapped his arms that were around you. It looked so wrong to be hugged by someone, let alone a guy, in front of your husband. “Anyway, if you guys were thinking I’d be treating you… dream on.”

“Aww…” They cooed.

“I thought we were going to eat out tonight.” Suho pouted, resting his head on D.O.’s shoulders.

 

Sooji’s POV

I know I said I have no feelings for Luhan anymore or maybe, I don’t feel the same way for him like before. But when I saw him enter the café with Seohyun, I felt like Atlas dumped the whole world on my back.

I felt jealousy. And what the most is that I know I have nothing to brag against her. I am good-looking. She’s good-looking. I’m tall. She’s tall, too but shorter. I’m younger. She’s older but young enough for Luhan. She’s talented, I’m not. She’s everyone’s ideal girl, I’d never be anyone’s ideal girl.

Do you see where I’m going?

I don’t know if I feel this way because Luhan has found a better girl and he’s my ex-boyfriend so it’s natural to feel that way. Or it’s because, I still have feelings for Luhan.

“If I still have feelings for Luhan, then what about Baekhyun?” Creases formed on my forehead. This is ridiculous. I don’t have feelings for them both. Okay, let’s admit this very obvious thing that I have fallen for Baekhyun, HARD.

I mean, who wouldn’t fall for him? I couldn’t help myself because he’s adorable and good-looking and really really funny. We might have the same characteristics being cocky and bastards but he’s more talkative. He’s not my ray of sunshine but my whole sun, moon and stars. Haaaa? Wait… we’re not supposed to talk about this.

Okay back to topic.

If I had fallen for Baekhyun then why did I get jealous when I saw Luhan with Seohyun?

“ARGHHHHHHH… WHY???” I moped, sitting at the end of the bed and burying my face on my hands. “So hard. Sooo sooo hard.”

Can I dissect myself and open my heart to see who’s inside? Is it Baekhyun or Luhan? It can’t be both. That’s just impossible. There’s only one guy I romantically see. At the back of my head, I know who he is. But I’m still confused.

“No more. No more. No more. I hate life. I WANT TO DIE!!!!! DIE DIE DIEEEE!!!” I screamed, flapping my arms and falling on the floor. “Aigoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.”

“UHHHHHHHHHH WHO IS WHO?? BAEKHYUN OR LUHAN!?!?!?” I growled, rolling on the floor.

“Luhan again?” I hear someone scoff and the door creaking open. I lazily shifted my eyes to look at him and gasped. Baekhyun. His half-lidded eyes stared at my, now, wide ones. “Luhan Luhan Luhan Luhan Luhan ge. What’s so good about him, huh?”

“Ha?” Was all that came out from my mouth. I tried to stand up so we can talk properly yet he stormed off and came back, carrying a black bag. He was furious and I didn’t have the guts to talk to a mad person.

He set the bag on the vanity table and opened it, taking out make up from the bag. “Is it because he’s taller? And good-looking? Aren’t I good-looking too?”

He applied so much eyeliner under his eyes, making him look like he was having a stage performance. But that didn’t last long because he dabbed so much blush-on making him look like a porcelain doll with red as tomato cheeks. He smeared lipstick all over his lips messily and looked at me.

I choked and laughed. What did he just do? Create a clown of himself?

“What’s your problem?” I cackled, not realizing the seriousness in his face. He looked hideous. Was he trying to tell me that he’s gay? Wait so that means I fell for a gay???!?!?

“Why are you laughing?” He yelled at me. “Didn’t you want this? I thought you like Luhan. He’s pretty. He looks like a girl. Now, I look like a girl with makeup too. WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING AT ME??!??!?!”

“Huh?”

“You spend so much time with Luhan. What’s so good about him? Didn’t he break your heart? Why do you keep going to him, when I’m always here?” He hissed.

So that’s what he’s worked up for.

“Always here?” I bitterly laugh. “No. You were always with Yoojung! Yoojung here. Yoojung there, Yoojung everywhere. And so I stick to Luhan.”

“But Yoojung’s just a friend.” He retaliated. “JUST!”

“Maybe MORE than a friend. Baekhyun, she likes you. That’s so obvious and you do nothing about it.”

“Luhan likes you too! And you still stick to him. You’re always with Luhan. You never told me you took exams to SNU until you got your result. And the day, I remember, when Yoojung and I went out, I knew you were there. WITH LUHAN, of course.”

“You saw me?” He saw me. I knew it. We locked eyes once but I thought he was looking at something else, so I thought I was only assuming. “Then why didn’t you approach us?”

“Because you were busy flirting with Luhan. You let me date her so you can have Luhan for yourself.” He smirks, “Just like that nigh—”

“Stop bringing up things. Why are you even being like this, huh?” You spat, “What’s your problem? Why??!?! Just why Byun Baekhyun?”

“You’re so stupid. You’re numb, you’re always with Luhan. You make me jealous. And I love you! Get it?” He pushes my shoulder and walks out of the room, with heavy steps.

Did he just say he loves me?

I swallowed a lump in my throat and followed him outside.

“You know, you’re unbelievable. I thought you felt the same way for me too.” He says, wiping tear. Did I make him cry? Oh no. “I know that night happened. That drunken confession. I know it’s real and you lied. It’s okay maybe because you’re shy but… maybe y—”

“Baekhyun, you can’t love me. You’re not supposed to love me.” I bit on my lower lip. I know I’m supposed to comfort him because he’s crying but he’s not supposed to love me. He should love someone else. Not me.

“And who are you to tell me who to love?” He grits his teeth. “I don’t care if you don’t or if you love someone else. I don’t care if you’re in love with Luhan. I’m in love with you and I’m going to make you mine. Got that?”

 


 

A/N: ooopsies :)

@SuperGirl1315: Ayun. Sabi na e ikaw yun ayoko lang isabi mamaya mapahiya ako di pala ikaw pero yeah ikaw!!! THANK YOU ULIT!! SOBRA!! <33 

@viqueen: HAHAHHAHA thank you

@kaerlana: bebe brownie :D

@jetidalwave: baekji <3 luji <3

@Biginshattest: omg what kind of father would baek be lol

@icesapphire96: hiii!!! thank you so much :D awwww omg <333

@an0nymous: abbie no! omg why would they name it jambaluja? that's just.... taken already. and no. just abbie. just kaisoo. nothing hurts :P

@LUckyLuhan: misconceptions lol

@nana-light: poop ^^ thanks

@trollingtrishy: pmsl baka di ka na makakain ng brownie kasi lagi mo maisip na tae! siraulo!! pulgoso T____T mamaya biglang lumabas si donya angelica dito jowkkkk! awww thank you thank you! i work hard for my readers!!! <33

@pandagirl753: HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH!

@AkaruiHoshi: I pity sooji's son/daughter. What weird parents Baekhyun and Sooji will be hahahahahah XD awww thank you so much!

@myADDiCTiON22: sige sige nakatira ako sa puso ni baekhyun <3333 punta ka dito dali. OO TALAGA!! pag tumatae whooo ilabas ang lahat ng hinaing! bwahahhahaha. oo bakla meron ^^ 

@seo_kyu159: uy natawa ako talaga sa sinabi mo!!! jdsbkfhflkshsdkfhsdkfd bakit ka ganyan!!! SHOCKING KA! WITH ASO HOOOOY! sdfkjdgajkfdgs magkakaanak si sooji ng tikbalang loka! muka lang aso si ate baek pero lalaki yan! 

@Vip0202: ohhh... lol idk i've seen a lot of that in tumblr so yeah xDXDXD hmm... do you want them to have a physical fight or..?

@capitalHS: but i like to call it bebe brownie :(((( HAHAHAHAHA

@Im-Not-Thin-Im-TINE: AHHAHAHA MADRAMA TALAGA SI TAO PAGPASENSYAHAN MO NA!!

@lenusui: jkdsagdldhsakhdlksa XD

@143SakuraLove: Thank you!!!! Ang ganda mo! :D