Hello Parents

The Ex-Girlfriend

I turned around only to see this ugly tan giant, Kai. He walked closer to me and pulled me into a comforting hug. I tried to pull away because he might infect me with his dark skin germs. Joke. Hey, I’m just kidding. I just like playing around with Jongin.

“Sooji… why are you such a fool, huh?” He heaved a low sigh, “You think by wiping your tears and telling yourself that you’re okay, people would believe you? Who are you fooling? You still love Luhan hyung.”

“Jongin!!!” I cried at his shoulder. He should stop doing this or I’m going to cry even harder. “Ah… I don’t know what to do.”

“I thought you have forgotten about him when you left.” He shook his head and patted my back. “As your brother, I advise you to just let the feelings grow out of you. I mean the more you control it and fight it back the m-“

“Why didn’t I just fall in love with you?” I asked. I mean seriously, Jongin’s been there for me through everything. He's like a father, a mother, a sister, a brother and a best friend to me! And he’s done a lot for me even though we only see each other as siblings.

“That would be !” He pulled away and flicked my forehead. I flinched. His flicks were a little painful now, compared before, when he was still shorter than me. “I only see you as my little sister and you see me as your big brother. Unless… you feel otherwise!”

“No!” I slapped his arm. “I’m just saying, it would be a convenience if I fell for you instead of Luhan!”

“Not really. You see, I like this one girl…” He trailed off.

“WHAT???” My eyes sparkled. Jongin likes someone. That’s new! I mean his past girlfriends were just plain girls to him, not someone he really had feelings with. “Who? Yah! Kim Jonginnnn! You like someone, huh? Why are you not telling me!”

“You don’t know her. So it’s no use.” He stuck his tongue out and I suddenly felt something cold on my cheek. It was a Yakult bottle. Only Kai knew that I love Yakult more than Banana Milk. If anyone else knew about it and would report to Taemin, I’d be dead!

“Thanks, bro!” I snatched it from him. “I’ll find out soon.”

“You won’t. Besides, you’ve kept secrets from me too. That’s fair!” He chuckled. “Where were you when you were suddenly missing in action for two years? Do you know I was really worried! But I didn’t know how to contact you because you never told me about yourself!”

 

No one’s POV

“I’m not an idol for you to be interested with my life okay!!!!” You stuck your tongue at him and threw the empty bottle of Yakult onto his face. Kai shook his head and laughed. He was pleased, that somehow he had lightened up your mood and managed to bring back your old lively character.

 



 

“I’m finally going to see Xiao Lu gege!” Sehun clapped his hands and ran away with his bubble tea.

“Xiao Lu?” You crinkled your eyebrows, and tried to recall your little knowledge in Chinese language. However, you couldn’t recall anything. “Dammit! I should’ve continued learning Chinese.”

“Sooji-ssi, are you coming with us?” Suho asked. “We’r—“

“No.” You replied and walked out of the practice room.

Suho looked down and pouted. ‘Meanie. You’re all meanies! Nobody ever listens to me!!! This said life of Kim Junmyeon. Uwaaaaaaaaaah.’

“Where is she going?” Chanyeol asked Baekhyun, who was readying his things.

Baekhyun shrugged. “I’ll see you guys later, okay.”

“Eh? You’re not coming with us?” D. O.’s eyes widened. Wait, no. His eyes are too wide for him to widen. “I thought we’re going to fetch EXO-M together? Uri duuuuuuri~”

“Eww, Kyungsoo. Stop learning aegyo with Kai. You’re being creepy!” Baekhyun shuddered, “I’ll just see you guys later. Bye!”

“Hmmp. As if! Your Chanyeol is waaaaaaaaay creepier than I am.” D. O. pouted his big plump lips.

“Now that you’ve said it, D. O.-yah, you do look creepier than Chanyeol hyung.” Kai smirked and gave D. O. a pat on the head.

 


 

Baekhyun’s POV

I managed to catch up with her at the hallway. How can she walk that fast? When she realized that I am already walking beside her, she quickened her pace and in no time she was meters away from me.

What the.

Is she Usain Bolt?

I ran after her and as soon as I reached her, I grabbed her wrist. Ha! You’re never going to run away from me now. I’m not some germ, okay.

She stopped and glared at me.

“What?” I glared back at her.

“Just because you’re my fiancé doesn’t mean you should get close to me physically, mentally, socially, or whatever water lily. Understand?” She tutted and cleared , looking at my grip on her wrist.

Supposed, I am to release my grip on her wrist. But, excuse you! I’m Byun Baekhyun. So I tightened my grip on her wrist and walked to the parking lot, dragging her.

“Damn you ugly dog! I’m not a luggage bag!” She screamed and threw multiples curses at me. I do not care. You look like a luggage bag to me.

When we reached the car, I opened the front door for her and pushed her inside before entering the car. Oh yeah, haven’t I told you? We’re going to meet my parents.

“You better fix your attitude.” I told her and started driving.

“I don’t see the need to.”

 

Your POV

In the name of Hwang Miyoung’s , can I squash this ugly dog with a pumpkin? He’s holding my wrist and dragging me like I’m some pulley or luggage! Seriously, if I weren’t a runner I would fall on the floor and look helpless... and UGLY!

He’s really pissing the hell out of me! He even pushed me inside the car. I looked down at my wrist with pity. It was red and sore. How am I going to meet his parents with a red wrist?

Oh wait, that sounds good.

Looks good.

Feels good.

If they see my wrist, they’ll think that Baekhyun abuses me before marriage. Therefore, our marriage would be cancelled! Ha! Lee Sooji, you’re a smartass.

“You better fix your attitude.” He said as he started driving.

You better fix yours.

“I don’t see the need to.” I rolled my eyes and rested my head on the window. I really need the sleep. Ever since, I came back from Japan I’m having double triple quadruple stress. And don’t get me started with Baekhyun. He’s stressing me.

And right now, he’s really stressing me. I hadn’t even have a proper sleep and now he’s shaking me awake!

“Wakey wakey, sleepyhead!” He beamed at me, annoyingly. “WAKE UP SOOOOOJI!”

“Aish!” I slapped his hands away, “What do you want? I haven’t even slept for a minute!”

“You’ve been sleeping for an hour!” He chuckled and soon his expression changed. “Now, get out.”

An hour?

I gawked at him and walked out of the car. I rubbed my eyes and saw the full view of their house. Wow. I gulped. I wasn’t expecting this puppy-looking guy to be filthy rich.

“Do you have good food here?” I asked monotonously, as we walked inside their house. Okay, I probably should change it to mansion because it’s too big for a house.

“Of course.” He bragged.

“Let’s hurry up!” It was my turn to hold his wrist and drag him to wherever. And because I do not know where we are supposed to meet his parents, I practically walked around their house. Their maids and the butler were looking at me like I’m a mad woman.

I don’t care.

I want food.

“Oh sheesh, where are your parents Byunbaek?” I stopped walking and half-yelled at him. And just now, that I realized that his parents has been here all along. Crap.

I’m screwed.

 

Baekhyun’s POV

I laughed to myself when her eyes grew wide like plates. Her reaction was priceless. However, my parents would really talk to me about this. But it’s amusing! She’s amusing me at most times even though she’s a stubborn .

“I’m so sorry, Mr. Byun and Mrs. Byun.” She quickly apologized and bowed. “Sorry, Baek.”

Wow. This girl knows how to apologize, huh?

“It’s okay.” My mom slapped the air, laughing. “You can call me mom, if you please. And we shall continue this talk by the dining table. Come, come.”

We followed them and settled at the dining table. I can witness Sooji drooling over the food prepared on the table. If we were in an anime, her eyes would either be stars, sparks or hearts.

"It's good that you two look very comfortable with each other." My father said, "Anyways, me and Mr. Lee have talked about the wedding plans. It should be settled this week."

"That early?" Sooji's eye widened, she almost spat out the pork inside . "I mean it's too fast."

"The faster the better." Mom sheepishly smiled.

“Eomma, do you know that Sooji likes to eat galbi tang?” I piped up. “And she likes to eat a lot!!! Appa, you should see her eat. It’s really funny. She looks like a food-deprived whale!”

Sooji turned her head towards me, giving me a glare.

“Oh really? Eat up then.” Mom offered to give her a serving of galbi tang.

“Eat a lot. You look skinny.” My father chuckled, “I apologize for Baekhyun. He’s really… talkative.”

“It’s okay, Mr. Byun.” She smiled and took a sip from her soup. “I’m not surprised. He looks quite the talker. When I first saw him, I thought he was a living megaphone.”

“He really is a living megapho—Oh my gosh! Sooji, what happened to your wrist?” My mom’s eyes grew wide and worried. My father looked at Sooji’s wrist and had the look of worry on his face too. I turned my head to look at her wrist and gasped.

A bright red mark was encircling her wrist. It must’ve been my hand. Did I hold onto her that tight?

“Well… uhhh…” She bit her lower lip. Cute. Wait whaaat? No. No. Eww. “…I think I hit something. I’m a very clumsy person, so this isn’t much of a shock.”

“It doesn’t seem to be like it to me, though.” Dad shook his head. “Eat up first. Baekhyun, there’s an ice pack in the fridge. You know what to do, later.”

I nodded.

I’m so sorry, Sooji. I didn’t mean to hurt you.

After eating, I took her hand softly and walked into the kitchen to get the ice pack from the fridge. I pulled a stool and she sat down. I was about to put the icepack on her wrist, when she grabbed it from me.

“It’s okay. I’ll do this myself.” She said. Ugh, again with the monotone voice.

“Sure, suit yourself.” I shrugged but I took it from her again and softly touched her wrist. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

“That..?” She titled her head up and looked at me. “Oww…”

“That I was holding your wrist too tightly.” I snapped at her. I hate hurting people. Physically, mentally, whatever!

“Well…” She trailed off and chuckled, “…you seemed to enjoy dragging me like a luggage bag. Just thank me, I didn’t tell your parents the truth. Your mom might spank you!”

Hey! I’m not a five year old boy!

“But, you could’ve told me. Then, you wouldn’t get hurt.”

“It’s okay. I’m quite used to it.” She mumbled and smirked, “But… don’t expect that you wouldn’t get revenge from this.”

I pressed the ice pack hard on her wrist, making her jump and scream.

“YAAAH!” She slapped my arm and took the ice pack from me. Phew! Good thing she stopped. I was on the verge of losing my arm. My y flawless arm. “You’re making it worse. If my wrist gets amputated, I will cut your fingers off!”

Sometimes, I think I should have agreed to marry Nam Joohyun. But then again, she’d mock me with her height. Ugh, why did I have to be so short.

“Are you guys alright?” We saw Dad peeking his head into the kitchen. “Baekhyun, did you hurt her again?”

“Appa!” I wailed. “I did not.”

“Oh yeah?” He walked inside and smirked. “I’m really sorry for my son, Sooji. I hope none of these comes to your father. It would be such a shame.”

“Of course it would be!” She exclaimed, in a sarcastic manner. “It’s okay, Mr. Byun. I guess, Baekhyun is just sadistic, that’s why.”

“I’m not sadistic.” I pouted.

“Thank you, Sooji. Me and my wife are thankful that you accidentally signed the contract.” He grinned, enough to make Sooji’s cheeks blush in embarrassment. “You’re really nice.”

“Nice my . She’s a devil, appa! Can we not get married? Just rip the marriage contract!” I balled my fists.

“I’ll leave you two, okay? Baekhyun, be nice. She’s a girl.” He said and left.

Wow. She has given my parents a very good impression. This liar. Big fat liar!

Wait, she’s not big. Not fat either but, she’s A LIAR! HEH!

“Poor Baekkie.” She guffawed. “What happened to ‘I want to sign that contract’ huh?”

“It’s because I thought it would be better if I married you instead!” I rolled my eyes at her. She’s really annoying. One minute, she’s this girl who speaks in monotone and then another minute, she becomes a devil who’s making fun of me. How bi-polar. “Turns out, it’s worse.”

“Then, go marry her! It would be a biiiig convenience. I wouldn’t have to put up with a dog!” She stuck her tongue out and laughed. Shut up! I'm not a dog.

“Nah, I’ll just settle with you.” I shook my head. It’s hard to admit but, I’d rather. Even though, I would really rather marry someone else! Like some fan girl of mine.

“But, why?” She pouted. “I thought I was a worse option?”

“In terms of character, yes. But, she’s too tall for me.” I cringed. The thought of being a centimeter shorter than her was hunting me alive. I’m a guy okay. And it’s practically normal for guys to feel this way. Just take a look at Suho hyung. He may not seem to be problematic about it, but he whines about it when we’re at the dorm. “Just a centimeter though.”

“Oh…” She nodded, “Midget.”

 


A/N: There! Long update! :> Exams are over!! Yippeee! It went great. I mean the review wa hard but the exams went smoothly. Just erase the fact that I cried when I was reviewing geometry. I just hate logic! But, it's okay now! I'm surprised I was able to answer all the questions in the exam. HOHOHOHOHOHOHO!

Okay, yes Nam Joohyun, is your troll. Woohooohoo. I just thought of adding her here, to spice it up. More surprise characters are going to appear, okay!! ^^ Wait so, Exo-M's in Seoul hohohoho. Do you think Luhan and Sooji will meet, huh? flkjebwfuegvfukebq WEEEHOOO!!! HAHHAHAHAHAHA

@an0nymous: Go on! Marry your Kai!! :)) Well, it's Kai! Wahahahahahahahahahaha XDXD Thanks ^^

@pandagirl753: AWWW! Don't worry, you'll love him soon. I guess... or not! XD

@achayoung: Yes ^^

@Nicole-: WAAAH! Really? Thank you so much! That's too much for a compliment, you know!! :3 Aww I agree with you!!! Heeheehee! Well, I'm getting excited but sometimes I just wish they'd never come here. I might not control my feels!!! T___T Thank you!!! ^^