KaiSoo's Birthday

The Ex-Girlfriend

 

“Do you really miss me that much, huh?” Luhan snickered. You asked him to accompany you to the mall today, for the excuse of buying Kai and D.O. a birthday gift. But today, was the day Yoojung and Baekhyun are going to have their ‘date.’

You had opposed onto the date yet Yoojung found her way to make you say yes.

“Ha-ha-ha.” You placed a hand on your mouth, laughing sarcastically. “If Baekhyun was free, then I would ask him to come with me. He wouldn’t tease me about that.”

“Oh really?” He raised his eyebrows, inserting his hands in his pockets. “If I know, Baekhyun’s the cockiest person on Earth.”

“Shut up.” You muttered, realizing your mistake. Why did you even mention Baekhyun in the first place? “Can you help me? What would I get for Kyungsoo?I already have ideas for Jongin. But Kyungsoo…”

“Baekhyun!” Luhan piped up.

“Baekhuyn?” You gawked at Luhan. “I’ll give Baekhyun to Kyungsoo?”

“No.” He shook his head and placed his hands on your shoulders, turning you around. “Baekhyun!”

“Oh…” You slightly pouted. Baekhyun and Yoojung were walking around, chatting with each other. Baekhyun occasionally smiles whenever Yoojung says something and nod his head, making a short comment. “Tch…”

“Aww…” Luhan cooed, wrapping an arm around your shoulder, “That’s alright. No matter whoever he’s with during the whole day, he’s still going home to you at night.”

“Do you know how masochistic that sounds?” You cleared your throat.

On the other side of the mall, were the oblivious Baekhyun and Yoojung. Yoojung kept sharing different stories that didn’t really interest Baekhyun. He just tried to at least show her that he’s listening even though his brain has flown away from South Korea.

“And then last night, I almost tripped on a rock. Aigoo… I have really turned clumsy.” She shook her head, giggling.

‘If Sooji was here, she’d say you should have tripped and died.’ Baekhyun snorted, earning attention from Yoojung.



 

 

“Are you serious? You’re getting Jongin whitening creams?” Luhan gulped when you stopped in front of the whitening creams section.

“Of course. So you guys won’t be making fun of his tan.” You gripped tightly onto the bottle and took another one with a different type. “Which is better?”

“I don’t know.” Luhan shrugged.

“Okay then.” You took one of each type and paid for them at the counter. “Should I get some more from a different brand?”

“You’re wasting your money!! Kai’s not going to use all of that.” He shook his head, “That’s going to expire.”

“But what if Etude House’s is better?” You titled your head, “Or… The Body Shop’s? Or Clinique’s? There’s Kiehl’s, Garnier and the—”

“Stop okay.” Luhan held his temples at the whirlwind of brands. “It’s not like Kai’s going to use them. He barely puts anything on his face!!!”

“Aish… I forgot.” You bit your lip, “I was just trying to help.”

“Tss…” Luhan smiled, ruffling your hair. “Hey, why don’t we greet Baekhyun and his friend? We’ve been seeing them around since we got here.”

“No….!” You said panicky and realized how weird you probably looked. You relaxed and repeated, “No. How about we just sneak on them?”

“Aha. I like that.” He smirked, “Are you trying to check if he’s cheating on you?”

You showed Luhan your tightened fist and he kept silent. You two followed Baekhyun and Yoojung around. And Yoojung was aware of that. That was the initial plan. You were supposed to be following them so Luhan could watch you feigning jealousy.

However, it wasn’t feigning jealousy anymore.

‘I should be the one walking beside him.’ You mentally sighed, ‘He spends too much time with that girl. Ugh…’

“Aww…” The deer beside you cooed teasingly. He seemed like he wasn’t even moved at all. “Look at you being jealous!! So cute.”

“Shut up.” You glared at Luhan.

They continued on walking around, checking out shops and talking while you and Luhan kept following them like spies. There were times when you felt like Baekhyun was already aware of it, but then why would he even notice you if Yoojung is there?

“Argh… I’m going to strangle her!!!” You grunted. “I haven’t even bought my gift for Kyungsoo. Let’s stop this, jeez.”

“Let’s go.” Luhan smiled. ‘It hurts so much, seeing you getting this upset because of another guy.’



 

 

“Happy birthday to youuuuuuu~” The fans ended the song as Kai and D.O. blew their cakes. You watched from above with your father as EXO-K celebrated Kai and D.O.’s birthday with fans in front of the SM building.

“Do they usually do this?” You asked your father, pulling his office chair near the glass windows and sitting on it.

“Uhuh.” He answered, not looking away from his laptop. He was busy finishing some document and he wouldn’t even let his secretary or anyone work on it.

“I also want that one.” You sighed, “I’d like a birthday party with fans.”

“You don’t have fans, though.”

“ to be me.” You rolled your eyes. “I celebrated 16 birthdays with big birthday parties without my parents but a lot of visitors who I barely even know. And two birthdays spent alone.” You sighed, “I want a fun one like these boys have.”

“Your mother and I are busy with work. Promise, this year, we’ll be spending your birthday with you.”

“Nah. I’m old enough for birthday parties with parents.” You scoffed, “I want with fans!!! But I don’t want to be an idol like them. I just want fans.”

“Should I buy you fans then?”

“No thanks. I can buy my own…” You sneered, “...electric fans.”

“Aish!!” Your father groaned, throwing a crumpled paper at you. “Why don’t you go down and join them?”

“And get tackled by those fans? No way.” You shuddered, “They’d take pictures of me and then all I see on tv and magazines and papers are rumors about me and some EXO dude.”

“Just blend in with the fans. Pretend you’re one of them.” He suggested.

“No!!!” You complained. “Too many people. I don’t like passing through crowds.”

“I don’t know with you!!!” He shook his head, “Just go home. You’re being annoying.”

“Can you not?” You glared at him and stood up from the seat. “I’ll go then.” You stormed out of his office, “Eeeesh. That old man.”

“Hi Sooji-ssi.” Yoojung greeted you when you saw each other in the hallway.

“What are you doing here?” You raised an eyebrow at her.

“Going home.”

“Ohh… anyway, from now on you don’t have to do your job.” You started, “Don’t worry. You’ll receive a big pay for doing a good job.”

“But why???” Her eyes widened, “Did I do something wrong? Should I—”

“No. I just don’t need you anymore.” You smirked, handing her the envelope, “Besides, you’re very unprofessional.”

“Bu—”

“Look. A job is not forever so be thankful I even chose you to work for me.” You gave her a small pat on the head. “So… tomorrow I expect not to see you anywhere near Baekhyun.”

Yoojung gritted her teeth and gripped on the envelope tightly. She mumbled a little ‘you’ll get this’ before turning on her heels and taking the elevator down to the basement. All she wanted what to be friends with Baekhyun. Well, maybe a little more than that.

When she found out that the job you asked her to do was to stick to Baekhyun like rice cakes, she felt happy. She knew it was her chance. During Baekhyun’s trainee days, they were really close friends because the others won’t socialize with him. All because he was casted into EXO. A lot of old trainees got mad and ranted about how unfair it is for someone, whom workers just found on the street, debut right away.

“Me and Baekhyun can still be friends.” She said sternly. “Who are you to tell me that?”

 

Sooji’s POV

PHEWWWWWW

I can finally breathe easily without the need of oxygen mask.

“Jambaluja!!! I missed you!!!” I squealed, when this fluffy little creature ran up to me as I walked inside the unit. “Sorry. I was so caught up with stupid things, reviews and exercising I barely had time at home. Did you miss me?”

Ooops. I just hope no one installed a hidden camera inside this house or I would be the next big laughing stock.

“Aigoo… I’ll just leave these in EXO’s dorm.” I looked down on the wrapped presents on the table. They were for D.O. and Kai but since they’re out celebrating their birthday, I haven’t had the chance to give it to them.



 

 

“4… 8… 1… 2!!! Bingo!” The door clicked open when I punched in the password. I knew it. This was the password. Baekhyun told this to me a long time ago but I forgot about it.

“Who is—Sooji?” Kris was in front of me, wearing a pink apron I assume to be Kyungsoo’s. Or Luhan, since he likes pink. “What are you doing here?”

“I was going to drop off Kyungsoo and Jongin’s gifts.” I rubbed my neck, lifting the gifts. Kris really looked intimidating. It was as if he’s staring right into your soul with those angry bird-like eyes of his. “Are the other members here too?”

“Hi! We’re here!!!” Chen and Xiumin waved from the couch. I quickly, slipped off my shoes and squished myself in between them.

“Did you miss us that bad?” Xiumin chuckled, turning his head back to the television.

“No. Just that you two would be really fluffy!!!” I grinned at him and leaned my back on the backrest. “LUHAAAAAAAANA!”

“Yo!!!” He appeared from Sehun and Suho’s room. “Hey Ji. What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be wit—”

“There are fans there, remember?” I scoffed, “What are you gujys watching? Jackie Chan with Chinese subtitles? This is horrible. Why would you—you’re not even Chinese!”

“We’re learning Chinese, dope.” Chen whacked my head. “We need this to improve our Mandarin. I swear, you don’t want to hear manager-nim ranting about our little Mandarin skills.”

“ for you.” I frowned at him.

“Manager’s going to know about this.” Luhan smirked, sitting beside Chen. “Yah Sooji, are you not going to take college applications?”

“I will. I’m just waiting for the call from the universities.” I answered. “I’m probably going to take the test before I graduate highschool.”

“You’re not reviewing?”

“Course not.” I scoffed. Why would I review? I’m a freaking genius. Like hell, I am okay. And I can’t just tell him that I review for exams. That would seriously blow off my cool image.

YEAH I AM COOL.

Cooler than your oppars.

“Aish!!! You two are so noisy!!” Chen groaned, gesturing me to switch places with him. I did and Luhan and I continued talking obnoxiously, annoying everyone especially Chen and Xiumin.

“Weren’t you originally enemies before??” Tao glared at us. “And you,” He pointed to me, “Weren’t you super quiet before?!?!? What the hell happened?”

“Didn’t you tell them that we were best friends?” I slapped Luhan’s thigh. “We just got awkward and all because Luhan’s a jerk. He replaced me for Sehun.”

“You removed me from your best friends, though!!” He complained, “Jongin’s your only best friend now.”

“Can’t blame me. He’s actually my favorite person in the world.” I shrugged.

“Oh yeah, way to treat your favorite person in the world.” Kai snickered, entering the dorm. “You didn’t even come to my birthday party. Where were you?”

“JONGIIIIIN!!!” I jumped off my seat and hugged him. “Happy birthday. Oh yuck ewww.” I pulled away, “I’m being on crack today.”

“You’re jinxing my birthday.” He squinted his eyes at me. “Don’t greet me in advance. Greet Kyungsoo hyung!” He pushed Kyungsoo forward.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY DONUT!” I patted his head.

“MY BIRTHDAY IS JINXED YOU IDIOT!!!” He threw a fit, pushing me aside and running to his lovely kitchen.

Das right, Kyungsoo. Cry. Bleh.

“Where’s Baekhyun?”

I really miss seeing him. Alone and not with Yoojung.

I

Need

To

See

Him.

I’m hyped up to have a boxing match with him today.

LET’S GET READY TO RUMBLEEEEEEEEEEE!

 


A/N: YAY!!! Happy birthday kaisoo!!! DO KYUNGSOO AND KIM JONGIN!

Oh yeah and you guys are probably mad at Sooji now. Well, don't. A little reminder, don't hate on the character because there are different twists where you though t he or she is like this but ir really this. Okay!!! ^^ Now about paying Yoojung to do that, is probably one of the unique ideas I've ever thought about. I mean what kind of protagonist would hire her own antagonist O___O but yeah... In this stage, Sooji is still in denial or unware for her feelings for Baekhyun. All she knows is that she's up for revenge on Luhan. But maybe not anymore...

It's surprising that you didn't expect this one when in one of the previous chapters, it was mentioned that a Han Yoojung is now working for Sooji =)))

@JonzkMaalum: HAHAHAHHAHA palabas. parang tv lang ah

@kaerlana: :>

@SMTownLOVER123: Very unexpected

@cath_kpop: eeeeep is it really that shocking?!?!

@PurpleangelSJ: Awww thank you <33

@AkaruiHoshi: HAHAHA THANK YOU! I'm glad you love Sooji. Because I really love her too. She's actually the best character for me :))) aww cutie!

@shin_kyung: LOL! XD only sooji would do that!

@iamshainekawaii: oo nga ate mo ko T__T kaedad mo sister ko omg .___. WAHHAHA naglolokaret

@myADDiCTION22: HAHAHAH idol! XDXDXD

@hearthips: HAHHA yes and be the ^^

@ParkHeeRa: OY BUKAS AH! hahahahahha wag ka sana maligaw basta text mo ko kung nandun ka na :)))

@Vip0202: She paid Yoojung to make her jealous by sticking close to Baekhyun. Since it would hurt Luhan to see the girl he likes being jealous over another guy! And Sooji is aware that Luhan still likes her :))) So, it's just for revenge but look she's missing Baek now!!

@lei-jjang: Hmm... are you implying that sooji is the bad guy here? (((judging you))) loljk

@ChunjiLover: HAHAHAHA we'll see ^^

@pandagirl753: HOOHOHOO i hope you're not disappointed!

@JungSeulRin: That dog is actually the inspiration for Jambaluja! <: BAEKHYUN IS SO CUTE I DIEEE

@han_byul: awwww it's alright. don't feel bad. wait do you hate sooji now? :O

@143SakuraLove: HAyy ganyan talaga! Kakaiba e XD sana di naman kayo galit kay Sooji .___.