Merry Christmas?

The Ex-Girlfriend

 

“Sooji?” Jessica appeared beside you. You two were sitting on the cold sidewalk, filled with snow caps. “Why are you here alone?”

“I don’t know.”

“Let’s take a picture!!!” Jessica brought her phone out and started taking selcas.

Baekhyun went out of the dorm building and found you and Jessica looking like idiots as you took selcas. He admired you from the back, watching you take pictures with Jessica.

And when he was supposed to approach you, a white van stopped in front of you and Jessica. Baekhyun recognized it immediately as one of SM’s vans. One of your father’s men went out of the van, holding Christmas gifts in his hands.

“What are these?” Jessica raised her eyebrows.

“Ah… the gifts.” You placed your gifts on the road and took the gifts from the man. “Okay… shoo shoo.”

“Are those for me?” Jessica reached out for the gifts but you swatted her hand away.

“For everyone, stupid!” You snickered and handed her nine gifts with Girls’ Generation’s names. “The one with your name is yours. Merry Christmas!”

“Awww… how sweet of you.” She feigned a dreamy sigh and took the gifts from you. “I’ll just bring these up and we’ll continue o—Oh, you’re leaving now since you’re husband’s here.”

You looked up and saw Baekhyun standing by the glass doors of the dorm building.

“Bye, Sooji.” Jessica waved goodbye and greeted Baekhyun before entering the dorm building.

You scowled at Baekhyun before reaching out for the gifts on the floor and walking home with heavy fast-paced steps.

“Wait up!” Baekhyun yelled and tried to catch up with your pace. “Hey… slow down please.”

“Not my fault, that your legs are oh-so weak!” You slowed down and walked normally.

“Need help?” He offered, taking the other gifts from you.

“Give them back.” You tried to reach out but because you were holding a lot of gifts, they fell onto the snowy ground. “Ugh… look what you’ve done.”

You crouched down and picked the gifts one by one.

“Let me he—”

“GO AWAY!” You yelled at him, “I don’t need your help. Just go away.”

“Why are you so mad? What have I done?” Baekhyun whined, “I just came to their dorm to fetch you and then you’re suddenly mad? Everyone at home was so worried because we thought you were lost.”

“Ugh.” You stood up and adjusted the gifts so they wouldn’t fall off your hands. 'Because you'll just throw the one I gave you because Taeyeon already gave you one. And Taeyeon's much more special to you! ARGHHHH.'

“Sorry if I was concerned enough to walk in this snowy night just to fetch you from their dorm. Next time I won’t even bother if you’re missing.” He scowled.

You shut your eyes and opened them again, walking faster than anyone could. You took long strides even if it was so hard because the road was slippery and you were freezing because your winter coat wasn’t thick enough to warm you.

“Aish… what the heck is your problem?” Baekhyun ran towards you. He was supposed to shout at you for being so ignorant about his concern when he realized that you were freezing. He placed a hand over your shoulder to stop you and placed down the gifts on his hands before taking off the scarf around his neck.

He went in front of you and leaned in. Your eyes widened. Is he trying to kiss you? You tried to lean back but he chuckled and placed the scarf around you. You flinched at the closeness. Your faces were a few good centimeters apart. And if one wasn’t keen enough, they would’ve thought that you were kissing.

The scarf did a good job into hiding your flaring cheeks though.

“The scarf won’t do it but it could help a little.” Baekhyun said and reached out for the gifts on the floor. “Just stay close to me, so you wouldn’t feel so cold.”

“And how is that possible?” You scoffed. ‘Argh… fudge brownies! I hate you Byun Baekhyun. I’m heating up so much thanks to your greasiness. My cheeks are burning like hell.’

“I don’t know.” He shrugged and flashed you a bright smile. “Just stay close because we have a long road ahead.”

 


 

 

“MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!” The EXO boys hollered as soon as you and Baekhyun arrived home. “Finally! You’re home! HAHAHHAHAHA!”

“You didn’t tell me you had a bag with you.” You eyed Baekhyun’s bag that was on his back.

Baekhyun blinked and realized that he had a bag all along. “Sorry. I forgot.”

“Moron.” You chuckled and placed all your gifts into his bag and taking out those that you are going to give.

“Merry Christmas Sooji!!!” Chen and Xiumin appeared out of nowhere and dragged you to their circle along with D.O. and Chanyeol.

“Where is our gift, huh?” Chanyeol sounded demanding.

“Here!” You shoved them everything that was in your hands, you didn’t care even if those weren’t all for them. They would probably give it to the others anyway. “I’ll just get Jambaluja okay!”

“Who’s Jambaluja?” Tao guffawed and everybody laughed.

After a few minutes you came back into the dorm, carrying a white fluffy dog.

“That’s Jambaluja??!?!?” They gawked at the dog, sans Baekhyun.

“I pity the dog.” Suho shook his head.

“I pity you for having an ugly name too.” You spat and brought the dog with you to the balcony. “Wow! Are they fans?”

Bark!

“Yah!!! Shush, they might hear you! Sasaengs would take pictures of us and post it online saying Exo has a dog. And then those who are smart enough could get it HD and they’ll see our faces. And when they see our faces, they’ll bash us. Do you want that?” You warned the dog.

“What are you doing here outside?” Someone pulled you to sit down on the floor so the fans wouldn’t see you.

“I want peace!” You faced him and flashed him a derp face, with a peace sign. “Eww… Baekhyun.”

“You are really crazy. Can’t you be nice for once? Maybe just this Christmas Eve be nice to me and I’ll thank Santa Claus.” Baekhyun flailed his arms.

“You believe in Santa Claus?” You choked on your saliva, “YUCK! Baekhyun! Just yuck! How old are you? Three?”

“Hey, I don’t. And believing Santa is part of everyone’s childhood.”

“Not mine.”

“You !”

“You more.”

“I only lollipops.”

“Eww…” You muttered, seeing where this might go. You propped your knees up and crossed your arms, placing them over your knees as you watched the snow fall from the sky. “If rain hits the ground within 9.8 meters per second, then does snow hit the ground within 9.8 meters per second too?”

“Huh?” Baekhyun gaped at you. The question seemed to be a question only asked to intellectual ones.

“I believe so. 9.8 meters per second is the average acceleration of a free-falling object hitting Earth. So if rain hits the ground at the speed of 9.8 meters per second, then so is snow.” You chuckled, “Now you probably figured out how much of a nerd I am.”

“No. No. Not really.” Baekhyun shook his head although he was quite surprised that those words came out from you. He never expected you to sound a little too intellectual. “Just surprised.”

“Considering that we are 40 meters from the ground, if we fall we’d probably hit the ground in approximately 4 seconds.” You cringed, “So if you fall from this balcony, don’t expect that you’ll be able to live. That is, unless your fans would serve as giant trampolines to catch you. Now, if I fall… for me. I have no fans as trampolines.”

“Don’t worry. I won’t let you fall unless you fall for me.”

You slowly turned your head towards Baekhyun who was smiling cheekily. “Greasy.”

“Nerd.” He stuck his tongue out.

“What did you say?!?!?!” You lifted your head up and punched his arm, “Do you want me to push you off?”

“Sure. I’ll pull you so we’ll fall together but I’ll make sure I’ll hit the ground first so I’ll be able to catch you.” He winked flirtatiously.

You stayed silent, having no clever words to throw back at him. You didn’t like it when people were being greasy but you could always make a good come back. However, when it came to Baekhyun, you always fell silent. You didn’t even know the reason why.

Watching you from inside the dorm was Luhan. He heard your conversation, everything. A pang of jealousy hit him. He badly wanted to be in Baekhyun’s place right now. Because in his eyes, you two sounded like real couples.

“Maybe she has moved on…” Luhan muttered silently.

A hand was placed onto his shoulder. He turned around and flashed Sehun a weak smile as the latter replied him with an apologetic one.

“Hyung, I think you still have a chance with her.” Sehun proudly said, “Just approach her and ask her if she’s give you a chance. She may say no, but I know you still have the chance, hyung.”

“Nah… Hunnie, look at them!” Luhan ed his arm to you and Baekhyun, “They look so happy. Sooji has probably moved on and fell in love with Baekhyun. And Baekhyun too has fell in love with her. It’s not hard, considering that they always see each other.”

“When hyung still lived in this dorm, I see him everyday too but I never fell in love with him.”

“It’s different, Hunnie.” Luhan shook his head, laughing. “She’s a girl and Baekhyun’s a bo—”

“I never fell in love with our coordi-noona, not with my girl classmates and not with my mom, too!” Sehun stubbornly replied, “And also not with Sooji. I see her every day, just so you know.”

“Oh Sehun… it’s hard to explain.”

“It really is. It’s so hard to explain to you that you still have a chance with Sooji!” Sehun hissed, “Now man up and them! Try to get rid of Baekhyun hyung now and talk to her. Hyung, even if you look like a pedo with her, I still think you and Sooji are for each other.”

 


 

 

“Are we still not going to eat?” Baekhyun looked behind him, rubbing his stomach.

“You’re already fat!” You , “Don’t you need to diet, or something?”

“I’m not fa—”

“HEY GUYS!! It’s time to eat!!!” Luhan came out to the balcony. Baekhyun stood up and mumbled a little yes before entering the dorm to eat. You stood up to follow him but Luhan held on your wrist. “Wait.”

“What?” You gave him an impatient look. This time you weren’t going to cry.

“Let’s talk.”

“Aren’t we talking now?”

“Okay… uhh… Sooji… Merry Christmas!” He beamed awkwardly. He didn’t know what to tell you even.

“Merry Christmas, Luhan.” You greeted him and started to walk away but he tightened the grip on your wrist. “What the hell, Luhan?”

“C-can’t… can’t you give me another chance?” Luhan bit his lips. ‘Dammit. This is so embarrassing.’

“Look, I’m not a game so I only give a chance. And boy, you lost it.” You gave him a pat on the head. “I suggest look for another girl who’d give you millions of chances even if you insult her.”

And with that, you left him in the balcony with your dog.

Luhan’s shoulder’s dropped. Maybe, maybe Sehun is wrong.

 


 

 

“You and Baekhyun are so yucky!!!” Kris made a comment after catching you slip your hand and intertwine it with Baekhyun’s.

“Why are you holding my hand?” Baekhyun asked, whispering.

“It’s soft!” You shrugged and scanned the table for food that would appeal soooo much to you. “And it’s Christmas… I’ll be nice.”

“Why do I feel like you’re being sarcastic to me again?” He raised his eyebrows. “Hm… I think you owe me something. Did you forget my gift, so you’re being nice to me now?”

‘Moron. Why won’t you just play along? Luhan is looking!’ You mentally scolded him. “Nah… I’m just being nice, Baekhyunnie.”

“HIYAAAAAAAAAK!” Lay made some gagging noises. “Get a room you two!”

“Yah! Yah! No touchy in my house!” Kai separated your hand with Baekhyun and continued on eating his cake messily.

“This isn’t your house, Kim Jongin!” You stuck your tongue out and filled your plate with food before wrapping your free hand around Baekhyun’s neck. “Let’s go, peasant!”

“I said no touchy in my house!” Kai shouted, pointing his finger at you and Baekhyun.

Luhan winced. The sight of you and Baekhyun acting all lovey-dovey was breaking his heart. He wanted the floor to swallow him now if he wouldn’t be in Baekhyun’s place.

 


 

 

“MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!” The noisy ones: Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Chen, Xiumin and Luhan hollered when the clock struck twelve.

“IT’S PARTY TIME!!!!!!!” Chanyeol blew a horn, which he found on the floor. “YEAH YEAH PARTY TIME!! DANCING DANCING PARTY TIME! CHRISTMAS PARTY! DANCE PARTY! PARTY PARTY!!!”

“Yah Sooji! These aren’t all mine!” Chen pouted, dropping all the gifts that didn’t have Chen on the tag, onto your lap. “And I would’ve appreciated it if you called me by my real name, which is Kim Jongdae and is much prettier than CHEN!”

“Your name is Kim Jongdae?” You blinked, “So you’re not Chinese.”

“Excuse me, we have four Chinese members.” Tao nudged you and took his gift from your lap. “Thanks, Sooji. Here’s yours.”

“Thanks, Tao.” You gave him a nod and received the gift. “So… wow! I thought you were Chinese.”

“That’s what you thought. But yeah, I’m Korean. Full blooded Korean, Kim Jongdae, the troll!” Chen beamed and gave you his gift. “Merry Christmas! You should give your gifts to the others now.”

“Okay…” You blew a raspberry and stood up. You scanned the gifts and looked at the tags, before giving them to each member not forgetting to greet them the same usual Merry Christmas.

“Yah, Byun Baek-moron!” You called for Baekhyun’s attention and threw your gift at him, hitting his head. “Bull’s-eye! Merry Christmas!”

“BULL’S EYE!” He groaned and threw his gift at you too but unfortunately you caught it with your hand. “Tss… Merry Christmas.”

“Maybe next time.” You stuck your tongue out and looked at the last gift on your hand. It was for Luhan. You shoulders dropped. Why did you even mention his name to your father? Oh wait… Luhan got a gift for a girl! Okay, maybe you should give this to him now.

He was sulked on the couch alone, with gifts surrounding him. You cleared the space beside him and sat down.

“Luhan!” You elbowed his side and placed your gift on his lap. “Merry Christmas.”

He looked up and widened his eyes. He prayed that you would give him something but he didn’t expect that his prayers would be answered. “Thank you.”

“Thank you? That’s it? I have no gift?” You pretended to sound offended.

Luhan felt energy rise upon him when you pretended to sound offended. Of course you had a gift from him, it’s just that maybe you’re already fine with talking to him. “I did not, weirdo. Merry Christmas.”

“There!!!” You chuckled, taking your gift from him. You brought it close to your ear and shook it. “Yah what is this?”

“Just open it tomorrow.” Luhan smiled, and suddenly you transformed into an ice cream and melted.

“Okay but you should open my gift now!” You jabbed your finger onto your gift for him. It seemed like you were more excited for him to open the gift. “Go!!! Hurry up, Lulu!!!”

Luhan snickered and tore the Christmas wrapper only to find a makeup kit set with makeup on his lap. At the sight of the gift, you started laughing hysterically and Luhan sobbed.

“What the hell Sooji!” He faked a sob.

“Oh my… HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA! Don’t you like it? It’s pink, too!” You continued laughing, clutching on your stomach. “Your favorite color! You should put this on everyday so you’ll look prettier!”

“YAH!!!” Luhan pushed you lightly. “You’re such a troll.”

“It’s Christmas, anyway.” You stopped laughing, “Hey I’m serious. Don’t waste that, okay! It took me forever to look for a perfect present for you!” ‘Which did not happen because I did not buy that for you.’

 

“Hey, look at those two.” Suho nudged Baekhyun. Baekhyun looked over where you and Luhan were. You were laughing and pushing each other like little kids. “Kids.”

“Yeah… kids.” Baekhyun chuckled emptily. He felt discomfort engulf him. The fact that he knew that you and Luhan were ex-lovers, and now you were together feeling comfortable laughing with each other didn’t look really nice to him. He felt his adrenaline rush inside him and wanted to beat the hell out of Luhan now. ‘Argh… why am I even feeling this?’

 

 


 

A/N: HA I MANAGED TO DO A FAST UPDATE!! Double update?!??! HOHOHOHOHOHOHO!!! Let's get this on!!! and btw, the 9.8 meters per second thingy... I  got that from a fanfic I read a year ago... i think. you probably know what it is, if you have read it since 9.8 isn't just a number :D

@pandagirl753: HAHAHA really??? lol. Mehehhe clever is clever!

@Vip0202: I did!! Didn't I?

@AkaruiHoshi: HAHHAHAHAH really nice :)))

@lei-jjang: maybe it's fart! loljk