Distraction

The Ex-Girlfriend

WARNING: A DASH OF MOZZARELLA  CHEESE COMING AHEAD.


 

“Is this from me?” You raised a brow at him. If it was you, then the contact name would have been Sooji or Lee Sooji but who’s Dora Rat Killer? “And, why are you making a mockery of Dora, huh?”

“Yes and yes, I am making a mockery of Dora.” Baekhyun chuckled. You hurled a throw pillow at him, hitting his eye. “Owww… what was that for? Fine… I’m not cooking!”

In all honesty, Baekhyun wasn’t blessed with D. O.’s cooking skills. He was someone who can only fry eggs and microwave food.

“Okay.” You gave him a shrug and used his phone to call for pizza delivery. He was supposed to snatch his phone from you when you named the account on his name but you stood up on the couch, making it impossible for him to reach.

“Yah! Give it back!” He reached out for his phone, standing on his toes.

“Bye.” You ended the call and jumped off the couch to give him his phone. “Here, midgie. Nine-thirty on the dot. Get the door, and the pizza, pay for it and give the pizza to me.”

 


 

“AHHHHHHHH….” You yelped, clutching your stomach in pain. This had to be the effect of eating a 16” pizza all by yourself. “MY STOMACH’S BREAKING!”

Baekhyun just looked at you with an amused expression and laughed. He was rather pissed that you didn’t share even a slice of the pizza, despite him being the one who paid for it. However, now that karma has got you, he feels contented.

“OWWWW! DAAMIT JUJUJOJOKOKOLOLPOPBUAIE!” You ran to the bathroom, still holding your stomach. You quickly shut the door and did the dirty business with the toilet bowl. “AIGOO FUUUU—”

“Hey watch your words, missy.” Baekhyun smirked. “That’s what you get for not sharing.”

“I was hungry.”

“That was gluttony.”

“Shut up. I’m going to fork your later!”

“Do you want me to spoon yours?”

“Talking dirty, are we, Byun Baekhyun?” You scoffed and finally the brown poopie was released. “Pheww.”

“Ugh, it stinks!”

 


 

“Don’t snore again, okay?” Baekhyun warned you, wagging a finger in front of your face. “And, have you brushed your teeth?”

“Uhuh. And your breath stinks.”You pushed his chest and ran to the bed, inserting yourself under the warm duvet.

“I don’t stink.” Baekhyun pouted and brushed his teeth before joining you in bed. (EHEM. NO Y THOUGHTS! ESPECIALLY YOU!)

You placed a pillow in the middle of the bed, separating you and Baekhyun. “Respect boundaries. Yours, mine. Night.”

“What if I want to hug you?” Baekhyun teased. He thought you’d somehow blush and well I don’t know.

“No thanks. I’m not a teddy bear.” You gave him a captious smile. “Your mouth still stinks.”

Baekhyun breathed to his palm and smelled it but it smelled like mint. “I don’t. Let me smell yours.”

You opened your mouth and exhaled a bunch of air to his face, “HAAAAH!”

“Smells like… toothpaste.”

“Of course. I teeth my brush.” You grinned at him.

“What?” Baekhyun chuckled. “You teeth your brush?”

You pinked, realizing your mistake.

“You tooth your brush!!!” Baekhyun laughed, “HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA YOU TEETH YOUR BRUSH OHMNORWEGQE.”

“Stop it. I said, I brushed my teeth!” You pulled his chin and said, “Your turn.”

Baekhyun exhaled and you quickly fanned your nose and pinched it as if it smelled like garbage.

“EWW…”

“You’re bluffing!” Baekhyun glared at you. “I just brushed my teeth.”

“It forking stinks. It smells like—did you eat poop for dinner?” You creased the bare skin between your eyebrows.

“I ate kimchi, you idiot.” He slapped your arm.

“Eww kimchi.” You make a face. You never appreciated kimchi. It simply stinks like hell, tastes like hell and burns your throat like hell.

To Lee Sooji, Kimchi = HELL.

“Aish… whatever you say. Just go to sleep.” He grew agitated and pushed your head down to the pillow before lying down to sleep. “Good night Sooji.”

“Make sure you have seen enough light for today because you might not see the light of the day tomorrow.” You smirked and turned the lights off. “Sleeping with him’s like sleeping with a dog. Ew. I might get rabies to—”

“I can hear you.”

“Of course you can. Your ears are bigger than a bloodhound’s.”

“At least I don’t snore like an old man and create a pool with my own saliva when sleeping.” Baekhyun scoffed. That was a bit exaggerated though, considering that you weren’t drooling at all.

“I snore and drool?” You widened your eyes and covered your mouth immediately.

“Yep.”

“I’m not going to sleep.” You said in a muffled voice.

“Why not?”

“Embarrassing.”

“Suit yourself.” Baekhyun rolled his eyes and went to sleep.

Moments later, you heard a soft yelping sound that, you were sure, belonged to a puppy. You freaked out and held onto the headboard of the bed. First up, it’s probably sometime in the middle of the night and second, you had no dog in the house unless Baekhyun…

You heaved a sigh when you realized that the yelping sound only came from Baekhyun.

“I’m so going to use this against him tomorrow.” You smirked as an idea popped inside your head. You turned the lamp on and took a video of him yelping like a puppy with your phone. “If I sell this to the public, how much would I get?”

Hours later…

You yawned, the feeling of sleepiness dawning at you. But, you forced your eyes to open. You don’t want to sleep. And even if you want to, you shouldn’t because Baekhyun said you snore and drool. Even if he had said it with exaggeration, you were still embarrassed. Simply because, it was unfeminine.

Ever since that break up night with Luhan, you had gone self-conscious. You never wanted to look bad in front of people because maybe if you do get comfortable with them, they’ll insult you like Luhan did.

“You can do this Sooji. No sleeping.” You chanted to yourself. “For the sake of your femininity. No one would ever insult you again.”

You continued this little mantra until Baekyun woke up. He sat up and rubbed his eyes, seeing you in a drowsy state.

“S-sooji…? You’re still awake?” He asked with his sleepy voice, sending shivers down your spine.

You can say that it’s guilty pleasure that you really find men’s sleepy voices attractive. Especially now that it’s Baekhyun’s sleepy voice you’re hearing.

“Go to sleep.” He ordered and looked at the clock on the nightstand, “It’s two in the morning.”

You shook your head.

“Sheesh. Is this becau—Sooji, I was kidding.” He groaned, followed by a yawn. “Now go to sleep.”

“No.”

“Soo—”

“No. You go to sleep.”

“Eeeesh! Don’t make me make you go to sleep.”

“Don’t mind me. I’ll be fi—” You stopped your sentence when Baekhyun took the pillow that separated you. “Hey! That’s invasion of privacy.”

“I warned you.” He smirked, pulling you down with him. He wrapped his arm around our neck and lied down on his stomach. “Sleep now, Sooji.”

“No.” You said, only to get your eyes covered by Baekhyun’s hand. You tried to pry it off, but he’s much more stronger than you. Or maybe just heavier. “Baek! I can’t see.”

“SLEEP!”

“But I can’t see!”

“Do you need to see to sleep? Dude, you need to close your eyes. Now, just sleep because I don’t want you having eyebags tomorrow.”

“You’re concerned, huh?”

“Go to sleep.” Baekhyun groaned.

“Okay… okay.” You chuckled. “Can you just take your hand off now?”

Baekhyun took his hand off and brought his arm back to your neck, trapping you in bed. And being the stubborn Sooji you are, you still forced your eyes open even if sleep was slowly taking over you. You mind was half-asleep, but you still tried to keep your eyes open.

“Sooji… sleep.” Baekhyun peeked at you, “Do yo—”

“It’s really embarrassing…”

“Just sleep. I was kidding.” He yawned, “I only said it to make you feel bad.”

“Really, now, Baekhyun?” You faced him and gave him a look. “You’re lying.”

“Sleep. You’re ruining mine already.” He whined, “Sleep now, okay? Sooji?”

“Hmm…. Fine.” You close your eyes but before you could even drift off to dreamland, you noticed that Baekhyun had grown fond of mentioning your name.

 


 

Baekhyun’s POV

“And five, six, seven, eight.” Greg clapped his hands as we danced to our new routine for the comeback. He’d constantly make a comment about whoever his eyes land on and walked around the studio, clapping. We’re not yet dancing with the music but the beat of his claps and mental counting. “…Kyungsoo, stretch your arms! Alright Chanyeol, left foot! Left!”

On the first few runs of the routine, I was doing exceptionally well. Not until, Sooji, that freak-o, decided to pop inside my brain like a mushroom. Should I call her mushrooji now?

Flashback

Surprisingly, when I woke up, Sooji was already awake. Not that I’m saying that I wake up earlier than her but she’s always sleeping in the morning. Her back was facing me, knees propped up and I assume she’s watching some gag show in her phone.

She kept laughing like an idiot and mumbling incoherent words.

I sat up, looking over to what she was watching. I blinked and widened my eyes, rubbing it until all the eye boogers out of the corners of my eyes. Was I still dreaming? She is watching a video of me yelping like a puppy with eyes closed.

And boy, I did look stupid.

Very stupid.

Like you.

Joke!

So, she took a video of me. How embarrassing. I admit, I have that weird sleeping habit. Chanyeol has told me multiple times however, I don’t think he took a video of me. And if he did, it would be okay. I trust Chanyeol. He may be a big-mouthed dupe but he wouldn’t spill secrets like that unlike Yixing-hyung.

But, Sooji… I don’t think I can trust her like Chanyeol.

“YAH!” I startled her. As expected, she jumped and her phone almost fell on the floor.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! YAH! What’s your problem!!??!?!” She gave me an annoyed look. Wow. How dare you feel annoyed at me when you’re the one being oh-so-annoying! When she finally composed herself she smirked at me, saying, “You really look good with your eyes closed.”

“I do?” My eyes brightened in astonishment. I usually hear compliments so I’m quite used to it but when it came from her, it felt different. Really really different. As if, that’s all that mattered.

“Yeah… but you look better with my eyes closed.” She devilishly laughed at me and walked away.

I look better with her eyes closed?

Then it hit me.

It was a pun.

She was being sarcastic.

Lee Sooji, HOW COUL—

My train of thought was interrupted by Greg’s sudden loud yell. I cringed, being brought back into reality. He was looking directly at me and so were the others. Shoot. I screwed up, didn’t I? Now I’m going to practice for two hours late night tonight.

“Baekhyun, you’re distracted!” He shouted at me. “Clear your head off. Five minute water break!”

 


 

Sooji’s POV

I really need to get out of this place. Boredom has taken over me, I rummaged through Baekhyun’s things and found out that he’s a big fan of Girls’ Generation. Call me bad and disrespectful but I glued the pages of his album together. I’m really bored.

And now, I just need to get out of here. I don’t care if those guards are going to block my way, I’ll go out. I need to breathe fresh air.

“It’s now or never!” I told myself as I stepped out of the elevator. I casually walked out of the building, hoping that none of these guards would notice me. But they did.

“Miss, you’re not allowed to get out of this building.” One of them said, his arm blocking you.

“Do I look like I care?” I pointed to my face, “If I do, please remind me. I don’t want to give the wrong impression.”

I pushed him away and sprinted off the streets.

“Miss! I’m going to lose my job!!!”

I stopped in my tracks. He probably thought that I feel pity towards him. I turned around and said, “How about you choose? You lose your job or I’ll fire you? Which one sounds better?”

 


 

“FREEDOM!!!” I hollered as soon as I got inside the mall. I don’t really like going to malls but I have no choice. I’m not someone who’s travelling a lot. I prefer to stay home unless I get bored.

“Hmm… should I call Soonkyu to accompany me?” I tapped my chin and took my phone from my skirt pocket. I suddenly regret throwing away all my pants and replacing them with skirts and dresses. Ugh if it weren’t for… whatever!!!

Sunny wasn’t answering her phone so I sent her a text message.

To: Soonkyu

Oii! Get your here. I’m in the mall.

Come or you’ll never grow taller.

Never.

I creepily smiled at myself before entering a random shop. While waiting for Sunny, might as well look around. After looking through three racks of clothes, that I really found no interest in, my phone beeped.

From: Soonkyu

Aigoo. Sooji-ah, unni can’t come. I’m in Japan for Flower Power promotions.

Sorry. >///< I’ll make it up to you next time.

“Tch…” I rolled my eyes and got out of the shop. So, I’m going to stroll in the mall alone like a moron? I’m such a loser. Why don’t I have any friends? Wait, I do but they’re all busy and they’re all guys. I never really found conversing with women comfortable except for those in SM.

I grew up with them especially with Sunny’s group members. They were my friends. But, of course it wasn’t enough. I need friends around my age. And in school, I tried. I really tried my best but they didn’t want to make friends with me.

Not because I look like a sore loser or something.

Only because I looked intimidating.

“Aish… why do I even have a face?” I stomped my feet, earning a few stares. Heh. Look away and scram. Soemtimes, I really want to shout to the whole world that I’m Lee Sooman’s daughter so these people would fear me.

But, there’s a possibility that I’ll have fake friends that needed me to get into SM Entertainment.

What a great life, I have.

And speaking of great life, I saw Baekhyun in one poster of a boutique.

“He’s a model? Oh… with his group. I see Jongin.” I shook my head andentered the boutique. It was Ivy Club I think and what greeted me in there wasn’t pleasing. In fact, my blood’s boiling and my anger’s raging.

WHO'S THAT SITTING BESIDE MY HUSBAND?!?!??!?!!

 


A/N: Hai guys!! Took long for me to update, eh? My school's really bad. As in, BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD! :(( I have two quizzes tomorrow and it . But here I am, updating hohooh XDXD Oh and, do you guys know the meaning behind this:

it's THIS:

ODG HAHAHAHHA XDXD LOL I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING DKNFNE 

@naomi073: i get mine from cherrykoko and i make posters in adobe photoshop ^^

@pinkie: KAI'S HAIR IS JUST RIDICULOUS! the stylist was probably mad at them hohohhoh XD 

@ParkHeeRa: hindi naman! medjj lang ^^ they're having a comeback in a few, that's what i heard. but not sure :( OMG KAISOOO!!! wala na makikipagpatayan ako for kaisoo! i love kaisoo 456789ever!

@Nicole-: well... er... Baek's haircut really looks funnny to me. o___e sorry :/ i knoww but the manager shouldn't have gone to that extent. poor chen >< feel free to do her pranks just don't blame me if anything happens. PORORO!!!

@pandagirl753: LOL was it? xD

@sunflee_: er... sorry about that :/ awww... i miss your comments too!! more replies to come soon. Kai probably pissed off their stylist :( and just take a look at this. sehun looks like a mop with cheese and kai... SMH!

@an0nymous: kai and his unending desire to strip :( QUEEN HYOYEON :P dora's even better than you joke!! HAHAHAHAHA eye disease! stop this abbie i can't stop laughing!! XD yeah :( poor chennie! NO. ISN'T HEALTHY! NO BABIES!!

@ehminnie_18: nakakamatay? OVER =))) di naman! grabe kaaa hahahha love ko din sarili ko pare! jk 

@MsTrollolol: yes according to sooji, it's a reason lmfao xDXD

@iamEXOTIC8: you think so?? thank you. but i think's sooji's a little feminine. -____- that's the reason why the female lead in my stories are trolls and somewhat different. i'm just tired of the sweet innnocent and annoying crap i always see. not that i complain about it but it gets a little over board L( although some stories are really good even if they have those types of leads ^^ lol i spoke too much :)) thank you!!!