Sweet Dreams Sunmi

I planned my own love story

 

"Yes, that is my name. Please call me if you need anything else." Chanyeol said mono-toned staring blankly at Sunmi. She didn't know what to feel about Chanyeol acting as if he didn't know her. *What's up with him?* Sunmi stared at Chanyeol's back view serving another table.

"Sunmi." L snapped his fingers in her face. Sunmi's eyes averted to L's right away and she blinked.

"Hm?" She asked.

"Something wrong?" L asked full of worried and curiousness. *They obviously know eachother.* L glanced at Chanyeol then at Sunmi. Sunmi was staring at the menu with her brows knit together.

"I'm just gonna get pasta." She smiled at L and shut the menu. L pushed out his lips and stared at the menu more.

"Then I will get...spaghetti." L said. *Spaghetti.* That food hit her in the head. She thought of Chanyeol, and that particular day they were cooking together.

"It's good." Sunmi beamed.

"Of course it is." Chanyeol said full of confidence.

"How did you learn how cook anyways?" Sunmi asked curious.

"I was interested in cooking ..-"

Sunmi stopped thinking about it when L began calling Chanyeol over. Sunmi stared the other direction and acted like she was pre-occupied. It was awkward since Chanyeol liked her but hated her boyfriend.

"Ready to order?" Chanyeol said with a forced smile staring hard at L. L gave a fake smile back and nodded.

"I'll have spaghetti." L said and Chanyeol jotted it down. Chanyeol and L both looked at Sunmi, but she wasn't aware. So L spoke for her. "My girlfriend wants to get pasta." L said emphasizing the first part. Chanyeol smiled with his teeth clenced tight.

"Shrimp or chicken?" Chanyeol asked. Sunmi finally looked up at him. "Chicken right? You don't like seafood, and I'm guessing no mushrooms in your pasta either?" Chanyeol asked with a teasing smile. Sunmi grew speechless and L watched with envy.

"Yes please." Sunmi said not breaking eye conact with Chanyeol.

"And what do you want to drink?" He asked. Sunmi found it funny how Chanyeol was the one serving her and now she got to around too.

"Um, what is there to drink?" Sunmi asked directly. Chanyeol let out a sigh.

"We have almost any drink." Chanyeol smiled.

"Give us some wine then." L said glaring at Chanyeol. Sunmi and Chanyeol both looked at L suprised. *Wine?!* Sunmi thought in her head. Chanyeol looked at Sunmi's suprised expression.

"Are you sure y--"

"Yes, now please go away." L said firmly. Chanyeol's face went bitter and he walked away to tell the kitchen thier order.

"L, that was rude." Sunmi furrowed her eyes at her calm boyfriend.

"What? Does he mean something to you?" L asked with his eyebrows raised. Sunmi grew silent at the question.

"N-no." Sunmi shook her head glumly. L leaned back in the chair and it was silent for awhile.

-----------

Two minutes later Sunmi couldn't stand the silence and she didn't to have another problem with L.

"So do you have any plans this weekend?" Sunmi asked hoping he would say no. Just then Chanyeol arrived with a wine bottle. He had already heard the question and knew why she asked it. So he stood by the table behind thiers and acted like he was working.

"Yeah, I do. Why? Something going on?" L asked pouring the wine in two glasses. Sunmi stared at the velvet colored wine.

"Oh. You do. Um, nothing. I was just wondeering. Is it important?" Sunmi asked taking the glass from L's hands.

"Well...you could sort of say that." L nodded sipping the wine. Sunmi's face fell.

"I see." She said and looked into the wine glass. *Ah,what's there to lose.* Sunmi thought and gulped down half the glass L stared amazed.

"First time?" He asked with an amused smile. Sunmi pursed out her bottom lip and nodded.

Chanyeol sighed, he knew Sunmi's birthday was coming up,and now she's depressed because L doesn't know. *What kind of boyfriend is he? Seriously.* Chanyeol picked up thier tray of food and began walking to L and Sunmi's table.

"Here is your food." Chanyeol said.

"YAY. Food!" Sunmi beamed with her hands clasped together. Chanyeol looked at Sunmi while he was placing her plate down. Her strawberry cheeks were redder than normal and she had on the goofiest smile ever,and to top it off,she was swaying side to side. *Was this his plan? To get Sunmi drunk?* Chanyeol glared at L as he put down his food.

-------

30 minutes later ~

The resturant still had some customers, but the resturant was near closing time and L and Sunmi were still seated.

L and Suni had already ate enough for thier stomachs to be full.

"More." Sunmi held out her glass. L stared at her with a smirk. *She's so cute.* He thought. Sunmi's eyes were drooping and her hand that was holding the glass was wobbly. He began pouring her more, but a hand stopped his actions.

"That's enough." Chanyeol's eyes were shooting daggers into L's scared eyes. Sunmi tilted her head and looked up at Chanyeol.

"Heyyyy, it's Chanyeol ~! Wanna join us?" Sunmi was speaking in a high tone. Chanyeol sighed and he grabbed Sunmi's arm.

"Sorry, but I'm taking her home." Chanyeol said putting his arm around Sunmi's waist and his hand holding her wrist. Sunmi was weak in the knees and she leaned against Chanyeol, unaware what was happening.

"She's my girlfriend. I can take her home." L said standing up. Chanyeol looked back at L.

"Is she really?" He asked with a hooded gaze. L went silent and he froze at his place, and he watched as Chanyeol carried Sunmi away.

-------

"Aigoo. It's cold." Sunmi pouted, snuggling closer to Chanyeol. Chanyeol's face softened and he held on tightter to her. He took her by a nearby bench and sat her down. Sunmi could atleast sit up but her eyes were still drooping. Chanyeol took off his black work jacket and placed it around Sunmi's shoulders. She felt somewhat warm and was about to lay on the bench. But Chanyeol picked her up bridal style and groaned.

"You are heavier than you look, you know that?" Chanyeol spoke to Sunmi even though she was too drunk to make out the words he was saying. Chanyeol walked to the bus stop and sat down with Sunmi still in his arms. "That L guy isn't a very good boyfriend. Why would he make you drink on a school night? And to top it off, you both ditched the whole day. I can't believe what he's turning you into Sunmi." Chanyeol whispered to Sunmi. The street light reflected on her red cheeks and pink lips. Chanyeol looked away trying to resist. The bus came and they boarded it while Sunmi was still in his arms. Chanyeol suddenly didn't care if he was getting stares or Sunmi was getting heavy. At least she was safe with him and not with L. That's all he cared about.

------

Chanyeol gripped onto Sunmi tighter as they walked up the stairs,in front of Sunmi's door. He rang the door bell and there was no answer. Chanyeol let out a sigh and he sat Sunmi on the porch's swinging chair. He searched for a spare key on top of the door but there was none.

*Of course there isn't a spare key up here, Sunmi's too short.* Chanyeol shook his head and searched under the welcome mat. *Typical.* Chanyeol thought as he put the key in the door. He swung the door open and went to carry Sunmi once again. This time Sunmi wrapped her arms around his neck and she laid her head on his chest. Chanyeol hoped she wouldn't b able to remember the sound of his heart beating fast when she wakes up.

He shut the door and walked up the stairs. He looked at both white doors parallel to eachother and went to the one with a red heart sticker on it. He entered Sunmi's room without hesitation and breathed in the coconut scent that Sunmi always smells like. *Even her room smells like her.* Chanyeol went to put Sunmi on her bed. He pulled the covers over her and flicked her forehed.

Sunmi's eyebrows knit together and she frowned. Chanyeol smirked when her forehead went red.

"Pabo." He stuck his tongue out at her. He was about to exit when he heard Sunmi bgin to mumble words.

"Mom... Sworrie.(sorry)" Sunmi's arm reached out of the blanket and her frown trembled. Chanyeol's face fell and he kneeled besides Sunmi's bed. He put her arms back into the blanket and her hair.

"It's okay. Go to sleep." Chanyeol's voice became soothing to Sunmi's ears. Sunmi's expression loosened up and she relaxed her body. Chanyeol smiled at her.

"Sweet dreams Sunmi." He kissed the spot where he had flicked her and shut her door quietly.

And this was a night only Chanyeol knew of. It was his little secret that no body would know.