09

I think I love you

 

4minute’s dorm

Sohyun POV:

‘What are you doing?’ asked Jiyoon looking over my shoulder.

‘Texting’ I replied without take the look out of the screen of my cellphone.

‘With who, Dongwoon?’ she wanted to know.

‘No, with Mir’

‘What?’ Jiyoon shouted in surprise. ‘Are you guys dating?’ she said almost giggling.

‘Of course not, we’re friends’ I said frowning. ‘What is wrong with her?

‘Do you like him?’ she asked grinning mischievously.

I got pissed so I frowned. ‘Huh? What is wrong with you unnie?’

She laughed. ‘Nothing, I just want to know’

‘Do you like Seungho-oppa?’ I strike back.

‘I asked first’

I hesitated. ‘Fine!’ I said and she looked at me with inquisitor eyes. I felt weird by her look but I tried to ignore it. ‘I don’t know…, Mir-oppa is cute and funny but… I don’t know, sometimes he’s too childish’

‘Araso~’ she nodded. ‘You like Dongwoon better, huh?’

I blushed. ‘Unnie!’ I pushed her slightly. She laughed amused.

‘Now it’s your turn, you like Seungho-oppa?’ I asked smirking.

‘Not really, I mean, he’s nice and all but we don’t have much chemistry, you know?’ I nodded.

‘You lik-’ I started but was interrupted.

‘What are you guys talking about?’ asked Hyuna entering the bedroom and throwing herself in Jiyoon’s arms.

‘Boys’ I answered smiling at the view of my two unnies hugged.

‘Yah! Don’t you guys talk about anything else?’ asked Gayoon sitting next to me.

‘Oh, unnie, you talk about guys too’ I complained. She laughed.

‘Yah! What are you guys doing all lazy? Come on, move on! We have schedule’ we heard NamJiji shouting from the door. We stood up and started to change our clothes. When we finished we went to the kitchen to have something to eat before start our activities.

‘So, how was your first date with Seobie last night?’ Jiyoon addressed Gayoon smirking.

‘Yah! Why do you ask that all of a sudden?’ we laughed at her reaction.

‘Because you haven’t told us yet’ Jiyoon said still grinning.

‘What happened?’ wanted to know Hyuna getting excited.

‘Nothing happened ’ started Gayoon. ‘And it wasn’t a date, we were just hanging out’

‘Ok then, so how was your “hang out” with Seobie last night?’ asked Hyuna imitating Gayoon’s expression.

‘I’m not telling you’ she said all arrogant.

‘Come on, tell us something’ whined Hyuna.

‘What do you want me to say, we eat and we talked, that’s it’

‘Oh come on!’ we complained. Hyuna pouted.

She sighed defeated. ‘Fine…Gosh, you’re impossible’

We smiled and gathered around her.

‘Well…, it was really nice. Yoseob is really sweet. I never thought he would be such a gentleman’

‘See? Told you he’s not that bad as you thought’ said Jiyoon smiling and then, my phone started to ring. I picked up without looking the ID.

‘Hello?’

‘Annyo kiddo’ Dongwoon greeted me in the other side of the line. My heart started to beat faster.

‘Annyo oppa’ I answered smiling unconsciously.

Jiyoon saw that and made a surprised face. ‘Dongwoon…?’ she whispered and I nodded shyly. The members choked their laughs. I glared them.

‘Where are you?’ asked me Oppa.

‘In the dorm, we have schedule in like an hour so we were about to leave, why?’ I wanted to know.

Dongwoon took a second before answer. ‘…I wanted to see you…’

‘What?’my heart almost stopped with his words. I blushed. The members saw that and they spazed.

‘W-Why?’ I stuttered.

‘Well, the members are going out and I’m gonna be by myself for like the whole day and…’ I felt heat in my ears and face. My pulse was clearly accelerated. ‘…I wanted a partner to play X-BOX’ he finished the sentence.

What?

‘What?’ I spoke my thoughts feeling disappointed.

‘But since you have schedule, I guess I will have to play by myself’ he complained at the other side of the line. I got angry.

‘Yeah, you’ll have to play alone!’ I shouted. ‘I have to go now, bye’ I hanged up without letting him say anything. I pouted.

‘What happened?’ Hyuna asked concerned.

‘Nothing, Dongwoon-oppa is a babo…’ I said frowning.

---

Dongwoon POV:

‘Huh? Hello? Hello? Sohyun?’ I asked without get any response.

She hanged up on me?’ I thought surprised. ‘What is wrong with her?

‘So, what did she say?’ asked Yoseob sitting next to me.

‘She hanged up’

‘What?’ asked Yoseob surprised.

‘I know, how weird is that?’ I said incredulous at what just happen.

‘What did you say to her?’ he wanted to know.

‘That I wanted to play X-BOX with her’ I replied innocently.

‘What?’ he exclaimed.

‘What!’ I defended myself.

‘You really are a babo…’ he stated. ‘If you wanted to ask her out why don’t you just ask her out? Why make such a silly excuse?’

‘It’s not a silly excuse, I really wanted to play X-BOX with her…, but after we went out for a while’

Yoseob sighed. ‘You’re hopeless hyung’ he said patting my shoulder. I got confused.

‘Huh? Why?’

‘Nevermind’ he said and left the room.

I dont understand…’ I thought pouting. ‘Im not a babo…’

---

4minute’s van

‘You seem pretty concentrated, what are you doing?’ asked Sohyun trying to look at what her leader was doing.

‘Doojoon-oppa wants me to decipher something’ replied Jihyun.

‘Huh?’

‘I’m not pretty sure…, he just texted me saying “decipher this” and with it, he send me some weird symbols… Look’ the leader of 4minute showed Sohyun the phone.

‘Doojoon-oppa is really strange…’ said the maknae frowning confused by the strange text message.

Jihyun didn’t answer to that, she just kept concentrating in decipher Doojoon’s text message.

---

‘Oh, Hyunseung-oppa texted me something’ Hyuna said looking at her phone.

‘What?’ wanted to know Gayoon.

‘OMO!’ Hyuna choked a surprised scream.

‘What?’

‘Hyunseung-oppa is asking me about what are we going to do to NamJiji for her birthday’ replied Hyuna in a whisper.

‘That’s strange…’ started the fashion girl. ‘He’s not the type of guy that asks that kind of stuff…’

‘I know…’ said the rapper thinking for a moment. ‘What if Hyunseung-oppa have a crush on our leader?’

‘What?’ asked Gayoon surprised at what the rapper said.

‘Yeah, I mean, he’s being kinda weird lately’

‘What do you mean by that?’Gayoon was really confused now.

‘Well, I notice that since they had this dance battle with MBLAQ in December, he’s being looking at her more often and he smiles every time she says something or even if she doesn’t say anything, he smiles’

‘I never notice that…’ said Gayoon trying to picture Hyunseung doing what Hyuna says.

‘Yeah, he was really subtle then, but lately he’s being more evident’

‘Really?... Well, if it’s like that, there are going to be some troubles between him and Doojoon-oppa…’ said Gayoon a little concerned about the situation.

‘Yeah…, probably…’ Hyuna was trying to figure out what to do. ‘So, what should I answer him?’

‘I don’t know…, don’t tell him anything yet… We need to think about it first…’ suggested Gayoon starting to think really hard. Hyuna agreed.

---

BEAST dorm

Hyunseung POV:

Hyuna is not answering…’ I thought looking at my phone. ‘Why doesnt she answer?’ I started to get impatient.

‘Hyung, what are you doing?’ asked Kikwang climbing the berth.

‘Nothing…’ I replied hiding my mobile under the pillow hoping Kikwang didn’t notice my move.

‘Hyung, can I talk to you about something?’ he asked taking place in Doojoon’s bed.  

‘Sure, what is it?’ I answered relieved that my friend didn’t want to ask me about my lately behavior.

‘You know I like Hyuna, right?’ I nodded. ‘Well, it’s kinda embarrassing but… I feel like I have to confess her…’

Something is wrong…’

‘Why are you telling me this?’ I asked suspicious.

‘Huh? What do you mean?’ Kikwang got confused.

‘Well, you never talk to me about this’

‘Well, I’m telling you now’ he said in a matter-of-fact way.

I know Kikwang would never talk to me about this hes up to something…’

‘Ok then, tell me… why do you feel you should confess her now? Like all of a sudden’ 

He hesitated. ‘I don’t know man, I just feel like it…’

Hes totally lying

‘Hyung… why don’t you tell me the truth?’ I gasped impatient.

‘Huh?’ he made a confused face but his acting skills were lacking so I could read beneath the “surprised” eyes.

‘You’re pretty bad at lying, so, why don’t you tell why are you really here’ I said calmly.

Kikwang looked at me like I have thrown water to his face. He was pale.

‘Don’t worry hyung, I’m not mad or anything, just tell me… what do you want to know?’ I patted his shoulder. He sighed nervously and pleaded with his eyes.

‘I’m sorry hyung, is not my fault, Yoseob-’ Kikwang started but was interrupted.

‘Yah! What are you saying! It was your idea!’ Yoseob yelled entering the room.

‘It was not!’ Kikwang complained jumping off the berth.

‘YES IT WAS!’ Yoseob screamed making face at Kikwang.

‘ENOUGH!’ I shouted and my two friends stopped the screaming. I jumped off the berth. ‘I don’t care who got the idea first, I want you to tell me NOW what were you trying to do’

Both my friends looked at the floor repenting. A couple of seconds passed and I began to feel irritated.

‘Well…?’ I insisted tapping my foot against the floor.

‘We just wanted to know if…’ Kikwang tried to start but suddenly he remained in silence.

‘…if…?’ I was getting really annoyed.

‘If…, you know, Jihyun-na…’ Yoseob said and I felt a hole in my stomach.

They noticed?

‘What about her?’ I asked as cool as I could.

‘I don’t know!’ Yoseob exploded. ‘Lately you seem very talkative with her, you smile every time she’s around and even if she’s not around, whenever her name is said, you smile!’

I got pale… ‘…’

‘Are you into Jihyun?’ asked Kikwang talking the word after Yoseob.

I hesitated. ‘Where do you get that from?’ I tried to sound like if they had said something ridiculous but I failed.

‘Hyung!’ Yoseob shouted at me frowning. I looked away.

‘What!’ I tried to avoid the question.

‘Tell us the truth’ my friends demanded. I tried to walk out the room but Kikwang put his body in front of me preventing me to get out. I sighed.

‘Hyung, we’re not going to say anything if you accept it’ Yoseob said behind me.

‘…I…I’m not into her, really’ I said honestly. ‘The truth is… I don’t know what is wrong with me’ I got frustrated. Kikwang and Yoseob exchanged worried looks. ‘I know Doojoon likes Jihyun, and I know I’m not supposed to feel anything for the girls my friends like but… I can’t help to think about her every five seconds or smile at the sound of her name or her voice... I… I just don’t know what is wrong with me…’

I sincere for the first time about this topic with my band mates and it felt good somehow. It felt like a heavy weight I’ve been carrying with me had disappeared. Yoseob patted my shoulder and Kikwang hugged me. I smiled.

‘There is nothing wrong with you hyung…’ Kikwang started. ‘Sometimes things like that happens’

‘How can it never happens to any of you?’

‘It does…’ Yoseob said with sadness in his voice.

‘What?’ Kikwang and I asked at unison.

‘I… Never mind’ Yoseob dismissed his words with his hands.

‘What? No “never mind” us’ I said facing him. ‘I just open my heart with you guys. I expect the same thing from you’ Kikwang nodded.

Yoseob hesitated. ‘I just… sometimes I feel Doojoon-hyung likes Gayoon-na too…’

‘What? What make you think that?’ Kikwang asked concerned.

‘I don’t know, he’s always close to her to and stuff…’

‘Doojoon like to tease everybody’

‘I know, but why does he never tease Jiyoon-na that way? Or Hyuna? Or Sohyun? Even less Jihyun?’

We think for a moment.

‘I think he doesn’t tease Jiyoon because she could shut him up with just a stare’ Kikwang said and we laughed.

‘You’re right, she so scary sometimes… The only one who can take her looks is Junhyung-hyung, who is as scarier as her’ I said and we laughed again. ‘They make a good couple’ Yoseob and Kikwang nodded still laughing.

‘Hyung, I don’t think you should worry about Doojoon liking Gayoon, I’m pretty sure she doesn’t like him’ I said smiling at my friend and patting his shoulder.

‘You think?’ Yoseob looked at me with shiny eyes. I nodded.

‘Yes, besides, maybe he doesn’t tease the other girls because their relationships are different, I mean, with Hyuna is very careful because she´s really sensitive; Sohyun is a baby to him and sometimes she too so I guess he like to tease not be teased; and Jihyun…, well, when she’s angry she can be really scary too’ Kikwang said and I nodded.

Gradually Yoseob got back to his normal self.

‘Please don’t tell anything to Doojoon…’ I begged my friends.

‘Don’t worry hyung, we’re not going to say anything, but, what are you gonna do about Jihyun?’ said Kikwang.

‘Nothing, I’m just going to wait… maybe she realize that the one she likes isn’t Doojoon but me instead’ I said giving me hope. My band mates smiled and patted my back.

---

Jihyun POV:

‘…This symbols are just incoherent How am I going to decipher this without any hint?’ I thought while I looked at my cell phone’s screen.

‘Still can’t decipher that?’ Sohyun asked looking over my shoulder again. I nodded. ‘What is it with Doojoon-oppa anyways? Why the mystery?’

I shrugged and after a couple of more minutes I shouted. ‘Yah! I surrender! I’m not going to waste any more energy in this!’ I threw my mobile in the front seat. Sohyun laughed and got back to her seat.

Seriously, what is it with Doojoon?’ I started to look outside the window. ‘What is he trying to say to me that cannot tell me in a normal way?

‘Thinking about someone?’ I heard Jiyoon saying behind me. I turned and she was smirking.

‘What is wrong with you these days?’ I asked frowning.

‘What?’ she got confused.

‘Yeah, you’re all smiles and teases all day lately’

‘Huh? Of course not, this is my normal self’ she said with an offended face.

‘Well, then, your normal self never showed up in the year we’d been sharing together’ I said in a matter-of-fact way.

She faked a surprised face and then laughed. ‘Yah! Then you prefer me serious and absent?’

‘You are almost never like that… besides, I don’t say that, I’m just asking you what is it that makes you being this way lately’ I said smiling.

‘Nothing, I just feel happy, that’s all’

‘Happy?’ I looked at her suspiciously. ‘What, Junhyung-oppa finally decided to confess to you or something?’

‘What?’ she exclaimed. ‘What are you talking about unnie?’ I laughed.

‘Oh come on Jiyoon-nie it’s too obvious that Junhyung-oppa likes you’

‘NO IS NOT!’ she screamed frowning. I laughed again.

‘Yah! Stop screaming!’ Gayoon shouted. Jiyoon pouted.

‘You look so cute when you are angry’ I pinched one of her cheeks. She moved her face away. I laughed. ‘Why it bothers you so much anyway?’

‘Because we’re just friends and everybody misunderstands that’ she said with a bit of bitterness in her voice.

‘I believe that you are just friends, but that doesn’t impede Junhyung to likes you’ she didn’t answer to that. She just looked away. Apparently I had touched some nerves.

‘Think about it’ I patted her leg and return to my seat.

That is a big truth’ I thought looking outside the window again. ‘I like Doojoon who is my friend and only that…’ I sighed. ‘Sometimes I wish I were more than that to him but at times it’s so awkward to talk to him I got embarrassed too easily when he’s around…’ I looked at the streets and the people passing by. ‘Gosh, I have to make it better; I have to try to talk to him like I do with everyone else Yes! Thats what I have to do!

I smacked myself out of the stupor I were and looked around. All the girls were lost in their own thoughts. Are we all having boy problems?

I looked attentively at all the girls. Hyuna was looking absent at her phone. Sohyun was drawing in the window. Gayoon had her eyes closed but she wasn’t sleeping, and Jiyoon was listening music in her iPod with an absent face.

Yes, I think were all having boy problems…’

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello guys!!

It took me forever to think of something to write. I wasn't exactly inspired but, in the end it occured to me that I should write about the other couples too so...anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'll try to make it better for the next one :)

Comments or anything is welcome as always.

Thank you for reading ^^