14

I think I love you

 

Later that day

Jihyun POV

I dont understand. What date is Doojoon-oppa talking about?’ I asked myself looking outside the window of the apartment. Rain was falling down and I felt a little sad.

When was the day we met?’ I tried to remember the day but only flashy scenes came to my mind from sort of days.

I, standing like a monument in front of the Cube Building feeling so afraid to go in that I almost turn around and leave. Then, I, looking for the auditions room. I, waiting for the turn to go into the room to sing and dance. A guy trying to calm my nerves. Who was that guy? So many times I’d try to remember his face but I always fail in evoking this particular aspect of him. His voice though, I remember it like if I have listened him yesterday. It sounded a little like Doojoon’s…

I remember he tried to cheer me up with an imitation of… ‘OMG! It was Doojoon!’ I shouted out of nowhere. The members got scared.

‘What is it?’ Jiyoon and Hyuna jumped off their seats.

‘Are you ok unnie?’ Sohyun asked running towards me.

‘What Doojoon did to you?’ Gayoon came to the living room in a hurry.

‘Oh…’ I felt stupid for shout that way. ‘It’s nothing, I just remembered something’

‘Huh?’ the members were confused.

‘Don’t worry, I’m fine’ they nodded and turned their attention to what they were doing before.

Gee… what was that Nam Jihyun? I said inside my head.

Now, the day I perfectly remember the date. It was 7th of January of 2007. Tomorrow it will be exact three years of it…’ I looked to the notes I’ve take of the code Doojoon had sent me. ‘If I put this here and this other thing here…’ I started to write.

‘OMO!’ I stared at my notes blankly. The code fit perfectly with the date of we met. ‘Is this the special date for him?

I remember that because of him, my nervousness disappeared for a moment before the audition. I actually have a big blank on the audition part. I was so scared and nervous inside that room that I have no idea how it turned out. Apparently good because I’m here, right? But I do remember that the memory of his hilarious imitations relaxed me a little.

Doojoon-oppa, I deciphered it!’ I texted him.

Really? What is it says? he replied almost immediately.

Quickly I started to move my fingers through my mobile’s board. I dont know if Im right but Ill try it anyways. The symbols said 7th of January of 2007, the day we met, right? That day you helped me to calm my nerves before go into the audition room I waited patiently for his response.

You got it right! I wanted to remember you that specific day because I want us to hang out tomorrow, you can?

Is he asking me out?’ I thought a moment before texted him back. ‘Is this for real? Why now? Last year he wasnt like this…’ My heart started to beat fast with every letter I pressed. Yeah, sure

Great, then I pick you up tomorrow after schedule. Be ready for an intense day! :P

Is this serious? This better not be one of his jokes or Ill kill him’ I thought in a flash transcribing my thoughts into a text.

This better is not one of your jokes or Ill kill you

Of course not, is serious. Be prepared then

I sighed feeling the anxiety seizing my body.

Ok

Tomorrow then?

End POV

---

The next day

‘Bye’ said Jihyun walking to the door.

‘Where are you going?’ wanted to know Jiyoon that was lying lazy on the living room floor.

‘I’m going to hang out with Doojoon-oppa’ the leader replied knowing exactly the kind of reactions she will cause with this. She rushed to the door.

‘What?!’ Jiyoon and other three girls jumped off their seats and looked at the girl. But before any of them could stop their leader. She was already out.

‘Bye’ the girl said grinning and closed the door behind her.

‘Wait!’ she heard the members shouting but was already out and running to the elevator.

---

‘What the hell was that?’ shouted Jiyoon pointing at the door from where the leader had gone.

‘She’s going out with Doojoon-oppa?’ Sohyun let herself fall onto the floor.

‘What the hell is happening to the world lately…?’ Hyuna sighed.

Gayoon giggled. ‘Someone is going to get a boyfriend soon’

The girls laughed at this and got back to their duties.

---

A cell-phone vibrated onto the living room floor.

‘Maknae! It’s your phone!’ Jiyoon yelled still lying lazy on the floor. Sohyun came running and picked her phone. It was a text message from Dongwoon.

Sohyun-ah! Wanna play X-BOX?

‘Why is Dongwoon-oppa never asks me out?’ said Sohyun under her breath. Jiyoon overheard.

‘Because he’s a baby and doesn’t know how to ask you’

‘Unnie, you heard?’ the girl was clearly surprised.

‘Well, if you want that no one knows what you are thinking, then don’t say it out loud’ the maknae stuck out her tongue and pouted. Jiyoon giggled.

Junhyung want to play too, tell Jiyoon-na to come too

‘Unnie, Dongwoon-oppa wants US to go play with him and Junhyung-oppa’

‘Huh? What is that all about?’ Jiyoon rolled over her body and questioned Sohyun with her eyes.

‘I don’t know I’m just transmiting the information’ the girl defended.

‘Fine, tell him we’re on our way’ the charisma girl said standing on the floor and heading to the bedroom to get change.

---

Another phone rang but this time was Gayoon’s.

‘Hi baby!’ the girl answered. ‘Sure, I’m free… Great, then see you in 10… Kisses… Bye’

‘Girls, I’m leaving’ Gayoon declared out loud.

‘So do us’ said Jiyoon walking to the door.

‘Where?’

‘X-BOX. Beast dorm. You?’

‘Yoseob’

‘Unnies! Are you leaving me alone?’ Hyuna complained but then her phone rang. ‘Hello?...Oh Kikwang-oppa!... Ice cream? Sure!… Then I’ll see you there’

‘Well, seems like we are not leaving you alone’ Gayoon said patting Hyuna’s head. The girl smiled shyly and all the girls went out the dorm to their respective dates.

---

A couple of days after (2010-01-09)

Jihyun’s secret birthday party

‘Hyunseung-oppa… Hide in here…’ Hyuna whispered and Hyunseung moved to where she said.

‘Thanks for texting me…, even this late’ he said in a whisper too.

‘No problem’ the girl gasped. ‘Hey, you know where is Doojoon-oppa?’

‘Schedule’ the boy answered coolly.

‘Ok…’ Hyuna decided to leave the Doojoon topic right there. It was too evident that both Hyunseung and Doojoon where disputing Jihyun’s heart and she didn’t want to have nothing with it.

‘She’s coming’ one girl of the staff warned everybody in the room. They remained silent until Jihyun’s body showed up inside the room.

‘Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you!’ everyone started to sing at unison.

(A/N: you can see this in here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhXHWX8LhEs)

‘Waa~! Thank you!’ Jihyun was really touched by her friend’s surprise.

‘Make a wish’ said the maknae holding the cake in front of her leader. She did and blew the candles.

After a little cream cake battle. The greetings and the words started.

‘I’m here in represent of Beast. The boys are in schedule in this moment. Everyone send you their best wishes for you in this special date’ Hyunseung said solemnly. Jihyun smiled widely and gave thanks to him.

Once everyone said something, the party started.

‘Oppa’ Jihyun called Hyunseung. He turned his attention to the girl.

‘Thank you for coming here today. I know you must be busy too. You have Music Core today and yet you are here… Thank you’ and with this, the girl tiptoe and kissed the boy’s cheek. He immediately blushed really hard. He didn’t know what to do so he simply smiled stupidly and tried to hide his face of her look. Jihyun giggled at the boy’s response. ‘Don’t be silly’ she said hitting his arm softly.

You have no idea how I feel!’ screamed the boy inside his head. He bowed at her, gave her a little gift and left really fast.

How strange…’ thought Jihyun looking at the empty space the boy had left in front of her. ‘Id never saw him behave like that before…’

‘Jihyun-na! Come here! Join us!’ the girls shouted calling her attention.

‘Coming!’ Jihyun said and placed the little gift in her pocket to open it later.

---

‘Hyung, where were you?’ Yoseob called Hyunseung when he saw him approaching them.

‘Jihyun’s surprise party, remember?’ the just arrived boy replied.

‘Oh yeah…’

‘What? There was a party?’ Doojoon got surprised.

‘Yeah, you didn’t know?’ Hyunseung said and Doojoon shook his head. ‘Well, they’re still in the practice room if you want to go’ the leader didn’t say a word and started to run toward the practice rooms.

Doojoon ran as fast as he could because he knew he had schedule but it was Jihyun’s birthday too and that was more important than anything else.

Why didnt the girls tell me nothing?...and why Hyunseung knew about it and said nothing either?’ thought angrily the boy while he was running. Finally he got to the right practice room and entered breathless.

‘Jihyun-ah!’ he panted heavily.

‘Oh! Doojoon-oppa!’ the girls got surprised by his presence.

‘Where is Jihyun?’ he asked trying to catch his breath.

‘Bathroom, she’ll be here in a bit… Oh, there she is’ Sohyun pointed at the door.

‘Doojoon-oppa…?’ Jihyun said when she saw him.

‘Happy birthday!’ he said trying to breathe normally.

‘Thank you’

‘Here’ the boy said taking out a little box and placing it in her hand. ‘I have schedule so I have to go now, but I really hope you enjoy this day as no other before…’

‘Thanks’ she said confused but smiling. He took a step to the front and hugged her briefly. Then he let go, said goodbyes to everybody and started to run back again.

Jihyun had paralyzed the moment Doojoon put his arms around her. She couldn’t think anymore, she just stood there without breathing.

The members of 4minute were spazzing out in the entire practice room laughing hard and making mimics of the situation.

After a couple of spazzing minutes, the girls returned to their normal states and went to see the statue Jihyun.

‘Hey leader, are you ok?’ Jiyoon moved her hand in front of Jihyun’s face. The girl blinked returning to reality.

‘Welcome to the present’ Gayoon mocked.

‘Doojoon-oppa is sooo into you unnie’ Hyuna said all smiley. Sohyun nodded happily.

‘No he is not! It was just a friendly hug’

‘Yeah, and because it was a friendly hug you paralyzed completely, right?’ teased Jiyoon laughing.

‘Yah!’ Jihyun had a delayed effect so she blushed and covered her face with her hands. The others just laughed amused at the cuteness of their leader.

‘Nam Jihyun and Yoon Doojoon sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G’ sang the girls laughing really hard. ‘First comes love, then comes marriage-’

‘Yah! Stopped! Don’t finish the song!’ yelled Jihyun feeling more embarrassed than before. 4minute girls just didn’t take it anymore so they let themselves fall onto the floor still laughing.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello guys! This was the other filling-blanks chapter so, from the next one, the good thing starts...keke

Stay tuned please.

Thanks for reading

Comments or anything is always welcome

Have a nice afternoon.