30

I think I love you

 

Four weeks later

Airplane to Seoul

Jiyoon POV

So, our agreement only lasted three weeks… who am I kidding? It lasted two weeks top… then, the fights started again… In fact, we had a fight yesterday, and it wasn’t pretty… much of the same though… 

(A/N: Blue=Sungkyu; Pink=Jiyoon)  

– “When are you coming back? It’s been over a week…”
– “Tomorrow”
– “Why didn’t you call me yesterday? Were you with him?”
– “What? What are you talking about? Oppa, I got at the hotel FROM WORK at 3am to sleep and woke up at 6am this morning, when do you want me to call you?”
– “You know what? This isn’t working…”
– “What do you mean?”
– “You travel too much, I’m tired of not seeing you”
– “I’m tired too but there’s nothing I can do…”
– “…”
– “Oppa, we’ve been through this…”
– “I know but, I can’t do this anymore…”
– “What are you trying to tell me? You want to break up with me?”
– “…”
– “Answer me!”
– “Let’s talk tomorrow…”
– “Why do you want to make me suffer until tomorrow? Tell me now!”
– “Let’s not talk about this over the phone”
– “So now you’re the one complaining about “not talking about important things over the phone”?”
– “You’re being y…”

– “Hey! Respect! Don’t forget you’re talking to your girlfriend!”
– “…I’m tired of fighting, please, let’s meet tomorrow and talk…”
– “Fine, whatever…”
– “Bye…”

I didn’t say “bye” back, I was so pissed that I simply hanged up…

I can’t be like this anymore, I mean, I’m in this roller coaster of feelings every day. When we argue or have a fight, I feel like crap, but then we reconcile and I feel happy again… This isn’t healthy…

And on top of that, I was with Junhyung-oppa when I had this fight with Sungkyu-oppa, and I was so angry at my boyfriend that I did something REALLY stupid…

(A/N: Blue=Junhyung; Pink=Jiyoon)  

– “Jiyoon-ah, are you alright?”
– “No, I’m not alright!”
– “Jiyoon-ah…”
– “I think this is it… This is as far as our relationship can go!”
– “…”

I was so pissed I wanted to scream, but then I glanced at Junhyung-oppa and he looked so damn hot with all that mysterious attitude that I had the urge to kiss him instead, so I leaned closer but the moment he noticed, he moved back…

– “I’m not the rebound guy…”

His voice sounded so hurt… and the way he looked at me was so hurtful that I knew that moment that I had screwed everything… He stood up glaring at me like he had never done before and went away from me…

Now, we’re on the plane back to Korea, and Junhyung-oppa chose the farthest seat from me… I stole glances at his head (that was the only thing I could see from where I was) once every few minutes, but he never turned to see me…, not even once…

‘Gosh…, I’m a terrible person… I hate myself right now…’ I thought leaning my head to the back of the seat.

No one knows the stupidity I made yesterday…, not even Gayoon-nie. I don’t want her to feel disappointed at me… that would be too much to bear…

‘Hey!’ I heard Gayoon-nie’s irritated voice beside me. I snapped out of my thoughts and turned my attention to her.

‘What is it?’

‘Did you even listen to anything I’ve been telling you?’

I closed my eyes apologetic. ‘I’m sorry unnie…’

She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms in front of her. ‘Whatever…’

‘I’m sorry, please don’t be mad at me, is just… I have too many things in my head right now…’

‘I know, Sungkyu-oppa…’

I felt a knot in the stomach. I haven’t thought about him in all day, the only thing I’ve been thinking about is how to apologize to Junhyung-oppa…

‘So, what’ve you decided?’ she asked me once she noticed my mutism.

I tried to organize my thoughts in that matter. ‘I can’t keep on going like this…’ she nodded, ‘and neither does he…’

‘So, you’re going to break up’

‘I guess…’ I said feeling pain in my chest…

‘And Junhyung-oppa?’ she asked suddenly.

The question let me without floor. ‘Does she know?’

‘What?’ I asked defensively. ‘What about him?’

She narrowed her eyebrows. ‘Relax, I’m just asking because you like him now so, are you going to tell him?’

I felt relief but then, I hesitated when I was going to answer. ‘He hates me now… that’s for sure…’

‘I don’t know…, maybe he doesn’t like me anymore…’

‘Of course he still likes you, why do you think he’s always beside you?’

‘Because he is my friend…’

‘Don’t be silly. I think you should tell him how you feel’

‘Yeah… maybe I should…’ I said leaning my head to one side.

‘Don’t worry, it’ll be fine’ she said squishing my hand lightly. I tried to smile but I guess my face wasn’t convincing.

‘Is there anything bothering you?’ Gayoon-nie asked me looking directly at my eyes. I looked away and shook my head. She was about to open again so I stood up quickly.

‘I’m going to the bathroom’ I said and started to walk towards the front of the plane.

I noticed I was heading to Junhyung-oppa’s seat. My heart started to beat faster and faster by every step. When I got exactly at his seat, I stole a quick glance at him and saw he was completely asleep. I sighed and kept on walking.

I entered the bathroom and stared at the mirror. I was pale and I had circles under my eyes.

‘Gosh, I have to put on my sunglasses when I go out the plane, no one can see me like this…’

I opened the tap and splashed some water on my face. The cold liquid brought some calmness to my agitated state.

‘Ok Jiyoon, you have to stop betraying yourself and everyone around you…’ I thought with my head down, looking the drops of water fall onto the sink. ‘I need to stop lying… starting with Gayoon-nie and the girls…, then Sungkyu-oppa… finally Junhyung-oppa…’

I raised my head and looked into the mirror once again. My washed face looked paler and some pain was starting to show through it. ‘I’m afraid…’ I said to myself in a whisper. ‘What if-’

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock in the door. ‘Jiyoon-nie, are you ok?’ Was Gayoon-nie…

‘She’s gonna hate me…’I though in flash still looking at myself in the mirror.

‘Jiyoon-nie?’

I opened the door and the moment I saw her preoccupied face, I felt like crying. ‘Gayoon-nie…’ I said in a whisper.

‘What is it?’ she said coming closer. I looked at her for a second and then, I dragged her with me into the bathroom.

‘Yah! What are you doing?’

‘Shh…’ I said putting my index finger in my lips indicating her to keep it low. She looked at me confused.

‘What are you-’

‘Sit down and listen’ I interrupted her attempt to do another question. She obeyed still looking confused. She managed to seat onto the toilet lid.

I hesitated for a second but then, I took a deep breath and told her everything that happened after I fought with Sungkyu-oppa. I told her how angry I was, and that I didn’t know what I was doing, that I was confused… and I that I did the stupidest thing I ever did… I told her how I almost kiss Junhyung-oppa…

Her face expression changed immediately, her confusion turned into surprise in a second.

‘I know…’ I said looking down, ‘and the worst was his face… he looked at me with the most hurtful expression he ever gave me… The way he glared me before he left was… tsk… I screwed it… everything…’

‘Yes, you did…’

I didn’t dare to raise my head. I kept on looking at the floor until Gayoon-nie stood up and pulled my chin up to meet her eyes. I avoided them.

‘There’s no excuse for what you tried to do, so, Junhyung-oppa doesn’t need any explanation, he needs your apology…’

‘I know…, I just don’t know how to approach him…’ I mumbled still avoiding eye contact with her.

‘Well, figure a way soon…’ she said coolly and moved me aside to open the door. ‘Let’s get out of here, is weird…’ I didn’t complain nor say a word; I simply followed her out the small cubicle.

The rest of the flight we keep quite. I knew Gayoon-nie was upset, I felt like crap… like I’ve predicted, too much to bear… I wanted to cry so I put a jacket on my face and gave Gayoon-nie my back… I started crying in silence until I fell asleep…

End POV

 

Junhyung POV

‘I’m not her toy!’ was what I thought yesterday when she tried to kiss me after she fought with that brat. I stormed out of the room we were and didn’t talk to her in the rest of the day… ‘How can she did something like that?’ I kept on thinking when I was in the hotel room. I avoided any conversation with my members. I didn’t want anyone to know my pain…

Today, I changed seats with Doojoon-hyung so I won’t be by her side in the airplane…

‘This is how she sees me? Like the rebound guy? The one she can play with whenever she’s pissed with him?’ I tightened my fist and my jaw. ‘Why did she do it…?’

My seat was ahead from hers so I really had the urge to turn my head several times. I knew she was looking at me, I can feel her stare from a mile away, but I resisted, there’s a reason why I chose Doojoon’s seat, was the farthest from her…

God, I’m so offended… I have no idea what was going on inside her head when she did what she did but it hurt me… I am not the rebound guy, I’ve never been, never will be…

‘I want to be THE guy…’

‘Hyung, why are you so quiet?’ Hyunseung voice brought me back to reality.

‘I don’t feel like talking today’ I simply said and leaning my head to the back of the seat, I closed my eyes and pretended to be sleeping.

I really wanted to sleep though, I had a terrible night last night, my head was just too busy and I couldn’t get to sleep until 3am this morning…

My brain is still too busy to shut down. I keep on thinking and replaying everything that had happen until now… all the moments we shared since we started to travel together…

‘Jiyoon-nie, are you ok?’ Gayoon´s voice sounded loud and clear in my ears.

I opened my eyes immediately. ‘Jiyoon-nie is near?’

‘Jiyoon-nie?’ Gayoon called again. She was in front of the bathroom.

‘Is Jiyoon-nie alright?’ I got alarmed.

I heard the door being opened and Gayoon-ah’s face turned preoccupied. ‘What is it?’ she said stepping closer to the bathroom entrance. Then, Gayoon disappeared. ‘Yah! What are you doing?’ was the last thing I heard.

I sat at the edge of my seat looking eagerly at the bathroom. ‘What is happening?’

I waited until I heard the door being opened again and Gayoon-ah went out with a serious look and Jiyoon-nie following her with a sad face.

‘What happened in there…?’

Jiyoon-nie didn’t give me a single look, she simply walked behind Gayoon looking at the floor. This time I followed her with my eyes but right before she sat on her seat, I turned my head.

‘What happened…?’ I started to get anxious. My head started to ramble. Many things came to my mind but none stayed enough for me to analyze it.

After a few minutes, I turned my head and saw her with a jacket on top of her head. ‘Is she sleeping?’ I thought in a flash, but then, I felt someone watching me. I moved my eyes and made contact with Gayoon-ah’s eyes. It was a brief moment before she looked away, but I swear she wanted to tell me something with that look… What was it?

End POV

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there everyone!

It's been a while, I know, I'm sorry, is just, I'm working now so it's kinda hard for me to write as frequently... -_- ...boo... but well, I'm here again so, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. I really hope you liked it. Thank you so much for reading!