40

I think I love you

 

Gayoon POV

‘He didn’t even want to listen, he simply walked away…’ Jiyoonie was sobbing… I felt my heart aching for her.

‘That pabo…’  I thought in a flash.

‘Give him time… He’ll listen…’ I said so she stops crying but it was useless, she buried her face on my shoulder and cried harder…

I hate watching Jiyoonie cry; she’s always so cheerful and full of life that seeing her cry is like all the happiness in the world disappeared… and is like I can feel her pain too…

After a few minutes, she calmed down and I accompanied her to the dorm. I asked Jintaek-oppa to take us there so she could be more relaxed. She slept the whole trip to the apartment.

‘What happened?’ asked Jintaek-oppa with a serious expression. I simply shook my head and looked outside the window. ‘Hey, I’m asking in case I can help with something…’

‘No one can help in this matter…’ I said nonchalantly. He remained silent after that…

‘Sorry oppa, I know you want to help but I can’t tell you…’  I thought looking sympathetic at my manager’s face…

When we arrived to the dorm, I took (almost drag) Jiyoonie to the room.

‘Stay here’ I said sitting her on the bed.

‘Why? Where are you going?’ she asked with a scared expression.

‘Don’t do that face, I’m just going out for a while’ I said smiling to my friend. She pouted.

‘Are you going to see Yoseob-oppa?’ she asked popping out her lower lip. I laughed.

‘Don’t do that! You know I can’t resist it!’ I scolded her. She giggled and lied down on her bed.

She remained silent for a moment and then she sighed. ‘This is exhausting…’ she said more to herself than to me, but I played along.

‘What is exhausting?’ I asked a bit confused.

‘Love…’ she said in a whisper…

I gave it a silent thought for a moment and then I sat next to her.

‘Are you tired of anything in particular of this huge word called “love”?’

Jiyoonie turned around and looked me in the eyes. ‘Everything and nothing at the same time…’

I understood perfectly what she said but I wanted to make her smile so I played dumb.

‘Gosh, you’re such a weirdo’ I shook my head.

‘Yah!’ She complained playfully and smiled widely. A sincere smile. She knew I was playing.

‘Ok, stop the chatting. I gotta go’ I stood up but immediately I felt a huge weight on my right hand. It was Jiyoonie clinging on it. ‘Let go, monkey girl, I have to go’

She was giggling silently.

‘Let go~’ I said again, this time tickling her. She laughed and moved trying to block me but at the end, she let go my hand.

‘I’ll be back in a few’ I said standing up the bed. She nodded and cuddled in her bed.

‘Don’t cry too much or your face will be swollen’ I let out right before going out the room. I heard her scoffing at the back. I half smiled knowing she’ll be just fine… Ok I lied; I wasn’t THAT sure Jiyoonie was going to be ok so I rushed to the living room where Jihyun-unnie was.

‘Unnie, take care of Jiyoonie, I’ll be back in a few’ I whispered to Jihyun-unnie on my way to the door. She nodded and bid goodbye.

When I went out the dorm, I immediately ran to the elevator. ‘Pali, pali’ I tapped hastily the calling button. When it finally arrived and the door opened, I rushed inside and pressed “1” as fast as I pressed the closing door button. ‘Oh God, why this things has to be so slow…?!’ I cursed to the man that invented such a slow machine.

The moment it touches the first floor, I stormed out the building.

‘I need to find Junhyung and kill him for being stupid!’  I shouted inside my head running towards Cube as fast as my skinny legs could take me.

Once there, I started searching for him room by room. ‘Where are you Yong Junhyung?!’

‘Yah…’ I suddenly heard a familiar voice coming from behind me. I turned and saw the person I was looking for right in front of my eyes!

‘You!’ I said almost threatening. He took a step back. ‘Why are you so difficult?’

He blinked once trying to understand my angriness but then he put a dark expression. I knew he understood…

‘I’m not her toy’ he said coldly. ‘She can’t come to me and treat me like I’m this guy she can play with any time she wants!’ he was hissing… meaning, he was really pissed and hurt…

‘You have no idea what you’re saying!’ I said before I could stop.

He got surprised. ‘What do you mean…?’

I got aback… ‘Oh … I just said what I wasn’t supposed to…’

End POV

 

Junhyung POV

‘You have no idea what you’re saying!’ Gayoonie shouted at me with furious eyes.

I got surprised by this. ‘What do you mean…?’ I asked observing her closely…

She bit her lower lip nervously and looked around trying to escape my eyes.

‘Gayoonie… tell me…’ I said slowly. She refused to look at me so I make her to look at me. She took a deep breath.

‘Look, the only thing I can say is that… you should listen to Jiyoonie the next time she wants to talk to you’

‘Why should I…?’ I frowned and crossed my arms.

‘Because…’ she hesitated. ‘Just, because!’

I squint. ‘What do you know…?’

She was caught aback, I could sense it… ‘I don’t know anything so stop asking’ she said desperately. ‘And even if I knew, I wouldn’t say a word…’

I shot her my best killer gaze but Gayoonie was as immune to it as Jiyoonie was, so it didn’t really work…

After a second, I just gave up. When Gayoonie doesn’t want to say anything she is like a tomb…

‘Fine…’ I muttered walking away. ‘Later…’

‘Promise me…’ said Gayoonie holding my wrist. I turned to look at her. ‘Promise me you’ll listen…’

‘I cannot promise you anything, but I’ll try…’ I said releasing my wrist from her grip.

She looked at me for a couple of seconds. Her stare was so intense that I felt weird.

‘What!’ I asked defensively.

‘If you still love her, listen to her carefully next time…’ she said with a deep voice. I couldn’t manage to answer to this so I simply stood there like a statue…

‘Bye…’ I heard Gayoonie saying before she started walking away from me.

I observed my friend going to the exit of the building and I just couldn’t move.

‘If you still love her, listen to her carefully next time…’

Her words started ringing in my head… ‘What does she knows…?’

After a couple of minutes, I obligate myself to move. I dragged my feet to the studio room. I feel safe there. Is the only place where I can go to clear my head…

‘If you still love her…’

Of course I still love her! I always will! But, there is something Gayoonie was suggesting… What was it…?

‘I broke up with Sungkyu!’

Suddenly I heard Jiyoonie’s desperate voice in my head.

‘Is this what Gayoonie was suggesting? She thought that because I said to Jiyoonie that I don’t care means that I stopped loving her?’

I hit the table in front of me. ‘Crap, what if Jiyoonie is really thinking that? What if there’s no next time to talk to Jiyoonie?’  I started to panic. The bare thought of Jiyoonie ignoring me and walking away from my life scared me more than I have ever been.

‘Why did I say that I don’t care? Of course I care!’  I thought about the answer I gave her… There was a reason behind that “I don’t care”… I felt offended… It offended me the fact that she thought that with telling me that she had broken up with that guy I would go running to her arms asking her to marry me now that she’s available…

‘I have a pride too…’

Suddenly, all the memories started to pass through my mind like a film. All the moments together when we were trainees, how we were always together, we were inseparable… I remember perfectly the day we met. She, with a face that expressed how confident she was, that strong look when we first cross looks, the smile she gave me after that… I remember everything… ‘Does she remember…?’

I started to feel that longing for the old times, before she started dating that guy…, before everything was this complicated…

‘I miss her…’  I thought looking at the console that was at one side of the table. ‘How did we get here?’

Memories began to dance through my mind again. This time from when she started dating that Sungkyu… Our fights, our conciliation, my encounters with him, and finally, all the moments we shared when we started to travel together…

There was something different this time… all the memories were filled with subtle things…

‘Did I miss something?’

Sometimes, there were moments that we shared that I feel the world around us disappear, well, I feel like that frequently when I’m with her, but this time there is something else in the air. I feel like I miss something crucial in those moments…

‘Did she feel that way too?’  A flash thought cross my mind. ‘Nah, maybe I’m just imagining things’  although… I can swear she had looked at my lips several times now…

‘Were those moments any kind of a sign?’  the idea hit me like a lighting bolt. ‘Is she starting to have feelings for me?’  I stood up the chair like a spring.

‘Gayoonie did know something!’ I said out loud with a big smile growing in my face, but then that smile disappeared. ‘And I just misunderstood everything and now she’s thinking I don’t want her anymore…’

‘IDIOT!’ I hit my forehead, but before I could storm out the room, I had a second thought. ‘But, what if I’m only seeing what I want to see?’

I sighed sonorously and let myself fall onto the chair again. I put my elbows on the table and my head on my hands.

‘So, the only thing I could do for now is wait until she wants to try to talk to me again, huh?’

End POV

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello guys~

Faster update this time, YAY!! Even thought I had crappy weeks, I found that writing relief me stress, so I wrote this chapter and part of the next very fast.

Now, guys, about the story, well, it is getting to an end. Maybe the next chapter will be the end of it, I'm not quite sure about it... anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Prepare your hearts for the next chapter because something unexpected may be happen :)

Have a nice week guys~

I love you all and thank you always for the comments.

PS: Check 4minute's comeback MV, is AWESOME! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsWl1--Niyg