32

I think I love you

 

‘I don’t really want to go on with this relationship, our love faded away so, why am I so scared of meeting him? Why am I so scared of the end?’ thought Jiyoon while walking towards the food court.

She was wearing a cap, her favorite jacket and sunglasses. Since she was more recognizable now, walk in the streets was more difficult.

When she got to the food court, the place was filled with people.

‘This is going to be hard’ she thought scanning the entire place looking for her boyfriend. She saw no one.

‘I better call him…’ she thought taking out her phone, but then, she felt a couple of hands on her shoulders. She immediately jumped panicking. She thought it was a fan, so she removed her shoulders from the grip of the stranger and turned around.

‘Relax, is me’ said the boy with a smirk. Jiyoon smiled and let out a sigh of relief.

‘Hi’ she said utter happy. ‘I was about to call you’ The girl put her phone back in her pocket and looked at him brightly, almost forgetting that they weren’t in their best moment.

‘Hi’ Sungkyu said returning to her the smile and putting a soft kiss in her cheek. He, also, was forgetting the main topic of the encounter. ‘It’s been a while…’ he added softly.

‘Yeah…’ Jiyoon replied remembering the reason why they were there… ‘How have you been?’

‘Fine, I guess… with a lot of work…’

‘Yeah…, same…’

There was a short awkward silence.

‘Are you hungry?’ asked the boy trying to cut the tense atmosphere.

‘Not really, you?’ she said starting to walk towards a table.

‘Nah…’

Both walked towards a free table and sat.

‘You sure you don’t want anything?’ Sungkyu asked looking to the numerous restaurants they had around.

‘Maybe an ice cream’ she answered nonchalantly.

‘Ok’

The boy got up the table and went to the ice cream shop. He ordered two ice creams.

When he returned to the table, Jiyoon was texting with someone. She had removed her glasses.

‘Who are you texting with?’ asked Sungkyu with a bit of annoyance in his voice.

‘If it is Junhyung, I swear I’ll end this right now!’ thought the leader of Infinite in a flash.

Jiyoon looked up at him innocently. ‘It was Sohyun’ she said putting down her phone. ‘She was worried about me’

Sungkyu hesitated for a second; he looked at the screen; it was really Sohyun. He was so prepared for her to say Junhyung’s name or at least see his face in the screen that the real answer and confirmation, confused him.

‘Oh…’ he said finally and sat down giving her the ice cream.  Jiyoon said thank you and immediately took a bit of the creamy dessert. She smiled at the taste. The boy observed her for a brief moment and then, he turned to his own ice cream. He wasn’t really hungry.

‘Why did I buy it?’ he thought bitterly, almost angry. He played with the spoon and then he looked at her. He removed his glasses and put them on the table.

‘I don’t feel anything anymore…’ Sungkyu said out of nowhere. The words came out before he could stop them.

Jiyoon was caught unguarded. She stared at him blankly for a second and then, she understood what he meant. Her heart ached…

‘Then, we’re in the same page…’ she obligated herself to say. Her voice sounded a little off. She was tightening her jaw…

Sungkyu was caught unguarded too by her words, he was expecting for her to say something like “Why? Don’t you love me anymore?” and that she would start crying but…, he would know better that Jiyoon wasn’t that soft… her pride was as big as his…

‘This isn’t working anymore…’ he said feeling his throat closing.

Jiyoon swallowed with difficulty. ‘…I know…’ she said making her best effort to hold back her tears.

The boy didn’t say anything for a moment, he simply looked at his girlfriend’s eyes. He saw a mix of sadness, fear, anger and confusion in them, but, he also saw determination. She was as aware of the situation as him.

‘Let’s not force this anymore…’ he said this as a statement.

Jiyoon looked straight at his eyes and nodded. ‘I agree… Is the healthiest thing to do…’ Sungkyu nodded too and both looked away…

It was a brief pause.

‘I do loved you…’ the girl said failing at stabilize her voice.

Sungkyu felt a punch in his stomach. ‘LOVED?’ He frowned, and for a second, hundreds of thousands of thoughts swirled in his mind. He felt his throat dry…

‘I have one question for you’ finally said the boy finding his voice. She looked at him with questioning eyes.

‘Are you in love with Junhyung?’ he asked loud and clear.

Jiyoon got surprised. For an instant, the colors of her face faded away.

‘Tell me the truth’ Sungkyu said with a deep voice.

The girl was reluctant to answer. ‘If I say yes, he’ll hate me forever, but if I lie, he’ll hate me forever… Great, I’m screwed either way…’

She remained silent.

‘The fact that you don’t say anything, means that you do love him’ the boy said hissing. He tightened his fist under the table. Jiyoon shook his head.

‘Ani oppa!’ she tried to explain.

‘Don’t lie to me…!’ he shouted. ‘I know you have feelings for him!’

Jiyoon felt uncomfortable and guilty. ‘Nothing ever happen between him and me, I never cheated on you…’

His heart broke…

‘So is true…’ he said grinding his teeth.

Jiyoon looked down. ‘I’m sorry…’

Sungkyu was hurt and furious. ‘Why did you even keep on going with this relationship?’

‘Because I wanted this to work, I loved you!’ she replied also getting angry.

‘But you love him too’ the boy spit out.

Jiyoon shook her head with energy. ‘Not at that time’

Sungkyu looked at her eyes searching for lies. ‘…But now you do…’ he finally said lowering his voice at the point of almost a whisper.

‘…Yes…’ she said feeling empty. ‘No more lies…’ she thought in a flash.

‘Then this is the best decision’ the boy assured nodding one time. He gave her the coldest and hurtful looks ever…

Jiyoon hesitated. She felt her heart breaking in hundreds of pieces. ‘…I guess…’

‘You can go to him now…’ Sungkyu’s voice broke.

Jiyoon shook her head. ‘He hates me now…’

‘Huh?’ the boy got confused.

‘Never mind’ she said still looking down. ‘Oppa, I’m really, truly sorry…’

Sungkyu’s heart was aching. ‘I have another person too’ he lied. Jiyoon looked at him in shock.

‘Who…?’ she asked with her voice trembling.

‘You don’t know her…’ he said moving his hands.

‘Don’t you think I have the right to know?’

‘Not anymore…’

There was a battle of looks for a couple of seconds.

Jiyoon finally gave up. ‘Fine’ she said angrily.

‘Fine’ Sungkyu said crossing his arms in front of his chest.

‘So, this is it?’

‘Guess so’

‘Good’ she said standing up. ‘Goodbye then’

Jiyoon started to walk away. Sungkyu watched her fading figure and felt the urge to go after her, hug her and tell her it was a lie, that he has no one but her in his life but, it was too late and she has someone else now… He didn’t move a single muscle, his pride didn’t let him move from his spot.

‘So this is how it feels…’ he thought looking now at the empty space of the seat in front of him. Tears started to went down his cheeks… ‘This is the end…’

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there!!

As I promised, I'm updating again! :D

Hope you guys liked this chapter. I feel kinda bad writing this ending for Sungkyu and Jiyoon but, this is a JunYoon FF so yeah...

For those who are wondering about the other couples, don't worry, I'm going to include their stories too, I just had to finish this one first, hope you guys understand.

Until a next time!

Thanks for reading and commenting! Love you!!