39

I think I love you

 

4minute’s dorm

When Gayoon arrived to the dorm, she found Jiyoon hugging a big pillow while watching a movie. Tears were in her face while she yelled at the TV that “he” was a jerk for letting “her” go.

‘Have you gone mad? Why are you yelling at the TV?’

Jiyoon turned her face and ran towards her best friend. ‘Gayoon-nie!!’ She hugged her like she hadn’t seen her in years.

‘Ji-yoon-nie…I-can’t-breath’ Gayoon said with the last amount of air that she had in her lungs.

‘Oh, sorry’ Jiyoon let her friend go. Gayoon took a deep inhale before speak again.

‘Are you better now?’ she asked cleaning the tears in her friend’s face. Jiyoon nodded slightly and then hugged Gayoon again, this time softer. The younger girl buried her face on her friend’s shoulder and started to cry silently.

‘Is over Gayoon-nie… is really over…’ sobbed Jiyoon holding tightly onto Gayoon’s shoulders.

‘I thought it was what you want it…’ the slightly older girl said caressing the younger girl’s hair.

‘Yeah… but it still hurts…’ said Jiyoon pausing every time to take some air.

‘I know…’ whispered Gayoon hugging her friend tighter.

After a minute or so, Jiyoon spoke again. ‘He has someone else…’ she muttered a little off. Gayoon stiffened.

‘Who?’ Gayoon asked shaking Jiyoon’s shoulders.

‘He didn’t want to tell me…’

The older girl got upset instantly. She remained silent for a second and then stared at her friend with a serious expression. ‘Well, you have Junhyung-oppa too…’

Jiyoon shook her head. ‘Ani, I blew it, remember?’

‘Well, now that Sungkyu-oppa and you are over, you should go and apologize to Junhyung-oppa’ Gayoon said cleaning Jiyoon’s face with her hands again.

‘But-’

‘No “buts”’ Gayoon interrupted, ‘you go and explain everything to him’

A mirthless expression grew in Jiyoon’s face. ‘You think he’ll forgive me?’

The slightly older girl smiled and nodded. ‘He’s stubborn but he’ll forgive you, he loves you too much’

‘I don’t know about that…’ Jiyoon replied trying really hard for not to cry again.

‘Stop denying it! He loves you! No matter how mad he is with you, he loves you’ Gayoon assured. Jiyoon made a hurt expression.

‘Unnie, stop giving me hopes, what if he stopped loving me and I ended up looking like a dumb?’

‘That won’t happen’ Gayoon said calmly.

‘Why are you so sure?’ the younger girl glanced curious at her friend.

‘Because that silly boy is too obvious’ Jiyoon looked lost with this answer. Gayoon simply smiled. ‘Everything will be alright’ said the slightly older girl caressing her friend’s cheek.

‘Araso…’ Jiyoon gave up so she nodded.

Gayoon led Jiyoon back to the living room and to the TV. They cuddled together until, one by one, the rest of 4minute, were arriving to the dorm.

‘It’s time…’ whispered Gayoon to Jiyoon when they were all there. Jiyoon nodded and called them to the living room.

‘You’re going to tell us now what is going on?’ asked Hyuna with a strange expression.

‘Yes…’ said Jiyoon taking place on the floor of the living room. ‘I’m so sorry to hide this from you guys…’

‘Talk’ ordered Jihyun leaning to the front.

Jiyoon started telling them about the hundreds fights she had with Sungkyu, then, she told them about how she slowly had been falling for Junhyung.

‘I knew it!’ let out Sohyun with her fist in the air. The rest chuckled and Jiyoon continued. She told them about that last fight with her ex and the stupid thing she tried to do with Junhyung.

‘You did what?!’ Hyuna jumped off her spot while maknae and NamJi covered their mouths.

‘I know, it was stupid’ said Jiyoon looking at the floor.

‘Stupid is not the word…’ mumbled Gayoon. Jiyoon shot her a glare and took a deep breath to calm herself before continuing with the story.

‘So, two days ago, as you know, I broke up with Sungkyu-oppa…’

‘I have a question’ interrupted the maknae. ‘If you were so determined to break up with Sungkyu-oppa, why you cried so much and locked yourself in the room for two days?’

Jiyoon looked around her and saw all of her friends with expectant faces. She sighed. ‘He said he didn’t feel anything for me anymore and that… he has someone else…’ her voice almost cracked at the end…

Hyuna and Sohyun gasped, while the unnies stood still.

‘Who is it?’ wanted to know Hyuna frowning.

Jiyoon shook her head. ‘He didn’t want to tell me… He said that I didn’t have the right anymore…’

‘How rude!’ exclaimed Sohyun resting her hands on her hips.

‘Well, Jiyoon has Junhyung-oppa so… they’re even’ said Jihyun calmly. They all turned their heads towards the girl. They were all surprised at the bold comment of their leader. ‘What’ she asked defensively. ‘Is true’

Gayoon was the first one that choked a laugh, then, Jiyoon, and finally, they were all laughing without a reason. It was tense relieving.

‘So, the truth is, no matter how prepare you think you are to break up with someone, you’ll never know what you’ll feel after or in the process…’ said Jiyoon when they were all more relaxed.

‘So, unnie was hurt because Sungkyu-oppa has someone else?’ asked the younger.

Jiyoon nodded. ‘Pretty much… my pride was the thing that is hurting the most right now…’ This time, Gayoon nodded. She understood that kind of feeling, she had a three year relationship with a guy before debut so she understands what Jiyoon was telling perfectly.

‘Now you have to apologize with Junhyung-oppa’ Hyuna said with a sympathetic smile. Jiyoon nodded.

‘The problem is I don’t know how to address him now… I can’t even look at him directly to the eyes…’

‘Well, you’ll have to face him sooner or later’ Jihyun said patting Jiyoon’s shoulder. This last one sighed and leaned onto the older girl’s shoulder.

‘I know…’

‘The sooner the better’ said Gayoon patting Jiyoon’s leg. The younger girl nodded.

‘But not today…’

‘No, today is for all of us to rest’ said Jihyun getting up the floor. ‘Come on guys, it was a long day so let’s go to sleep’

One by one, 4minute girls started dragging themselves towards their respective bedrooms.

‘Can I sleep with you?’ Jiyoon asked Gayoon when they were entering the bedroom. The slightly older girl nodded and both entered Gayoon’s bed.

‘Thank you for always be there for me…’ whispered Jiyoon. She was almost falling asleep… Gayoon nodded and slip her hand under the blanket to hold the slightly younger girl’s hand. When she did, she noticed Jiyoon was already in dreamland.

‘I’ll always be there for you…’ Gayoon whispered. She smiled and closed her eyes falling easily in Morpheus’s arms…

---

Two days later

Cube Entertainment Building

Jiyoon POV

‘I have to make things right this time’  I thought walking towards Cube building. ‘Junhyung-oppa must be thinking he’s the rebound guy… I have to make him see he’s not!’

I ran up the stairs and get to the practice rooms’ floor. I went directly to the practice room Beast usually use and peeked inside. I saw Hyunseung-oppa and Dongwoon practicing. I knocked.

‘Annyo~’ Dongwoon greeted me with a big smile when he opened the door.

‘Hi~’ I smiled back. ‘Have you seen Junhyung-oppa?’

‘He’s in the studio room’ he said looking at me with curiosity. ‘Why do you need him?’

‘Grown up stuff’ I said and ran towards the studio room that was one floor up.

‘Yah!’ I heard maknae shouting at the back. I just smiled to myself and kept climbing stairs.

When I got there, I headed towards the studio room and peeked over the window. I saw Junhyung-oppa staring at the wall with his back leaned on the chair.

‘Ok, this is it…’  I thought before taking a deep breath and opening the door slowly. He immediately turned around and seemed surprised to see me.

‘Oppa-’ I said starting to walk towards him, but the moment I did that, he stood up the chair and leave without saying a word…

‘Oppa, wait!’ I tried to hold his wrist when he passed by but he avoided me and kept walking. ‘I’m sorry!’ I shouted but he kept walking...

‘I broke up with Sungkyu!’ I yelled desperately right before he stepped out the room. He stopped abruptly and stood there for a second or so, then, he spoke…

‘I don’t care…’ he said in a cold voice and left.

I stood there…frozen… His tall figure walking away from me like if I was some kind of disease hurt me deeply inside…

‘This is the prove…, he hates me…’my sight blurred. ‘I lost my chance with him… I ruined everything…’

Gayoonie entered the room and saw me there, like a statue.

‘What happened? Did you talk to him’ she asked getting closer. I shook my head, and immediately, I felt warm tears running down my cheeks… Gayoonie gasped and hugged me tight.

‘Don’t cry. He’ll come around, you’ll see…’ she said in my ear.

‘He didn’t even want to listen, he simply walked away…’ I sobbed.

‘Give him time… He’ll listen…’

I buried my face on her shoulder and cried…

End POV

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there, guys~

Sorry the late update but work is taking most of my time now and I can barely write so please accept my apologies for keep you waiting.

Ok, now, about the story... this is the point where the end is inevitable, so please start preparing for it. It won't take long, maybe a couple more chapters... so please tell me your thoughts about this. Also, do you think Junhyung will forgive Jiyoon? Is Jiyoon going to give up on Junhyung? (please notice that I have no idea what to ask :P)

Take care, guys. Have a wonderful weekend.

Love you all and THANK YOU for all the comments. I really love read them all. It always gives me strenght to keep on writing (even in breaks when I'm at work)

Until a next time~

Bye-yeom