23

I think I love you

 

Junhyung POV

I sat on the food court waiting for my girlfriend to appear. After five minutes, she showed up with the biggest of the smiles on her face.

‘Tsch…’ I let out thinking on how that smile was going to fade away in a few moments.

‘Oppa!’ she shouted when she saw me. I raised my hand waving it in the air.

‘Hi Soomi-na…’ I greeted when she was near enough.

‘Hi oppa~♥’she tip toe and put a kiss on my lips. I felt a knot in my stomach…

‘Is for the best…’I kept thinking…

‘I’ve missed you so much’ she said dangling herself on my right arm. I grinned as warm as I could. She noticed.

‘Oppa, is there something wrong?’ she asked concerned. ‘Bad day?’

I shook my head. ‘We need to talk…’ I said and she freaked. I could understand her…, that sentence always means trouble. ‘Let’s sit’ I said pointing at some chairs.

We sat and a waitress came to ask us if we were having anything to eat. I ordered ice-cream for the both of us and after that, the miss left.

‘What is it?’ she asked alarmed when she saw the waitress far enough.

I closed my eyes trying to think in the better way to say what I was going to say…

‘Soomi-na…I…’ I took a deep breath. ‘I think is better if we take a break…’

She opened her eyes in surprise.

‘What? Why?’ she asked and her voice cracked a little.

‘I…I feel like I’m hurting you too much…’ I tried to explain.

‘No you’re not…!’ she said almost in a yell.

‘Yes I am…’ I simply said looking away. I couldn’t stand to look at her face in that particular moment. ‘…I’m sorry Soomi-na…’

‘How could you do this to me?!’ she shouted. I turned my face and saw tears in her eyes.

‘Oh God…’

The waitress came with our order…

‘I can’t hurt you anymore. I wasn’t being a good boyfriend, I’m sorry, you deserve better’ I said as soon as the waitress left. I was trying to be as honest as I could be.

‘I know you’re not the perfect boyfriend, but I love you! Don’t you love me?’ now she was crying…

I hesitated. ‘Why did she have to ask me that…?’

‘Tell me! Don’t you love me?’ she asked again seeing I wasn’t replying.

I filled my lungs with air. ‘I’m sorry Soomi-na…, I…I don’t love you…’ I said lowering my head.

She was in shock. I could feel her heart breaking in little pieces. She cried and sobbed for a few seconds, then, she stood up.

‘Don’t ever call me again… I don’t want to see you in my whole life…’ she said with anger and sadness in her voice, then, she turned her back at me and left.

I watched her reluctant figure and I felt sad instantaneously, but at the same time relief… I felt like a heavy weigh I’ve been carrying with me until now was now gone…

‘I’m sorry Soomi-na… is for the best…’

End POV

---

(2010.10.14) Beast’s dorm

(A/N: To know what is happening in 4minute’s room please read this: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/19199/17/my-aeygo-girl-4minute-hyuna-jihyun-jiyoon-sohyun-sungkyu-woohyun)

‘Come on man, turn the TV on’ said Yoseob to Junhyung. The rapper obeyed.

“Children of the Night” was starting and all the members of Beast gathered in front of the TV to watch the program.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeDYblmbrMI&feature=related

‘Oh, the invited of the night is Infinite’ said the maknae after the MCs announced them.

They watched them being teased by the MCs and then Sistar appeared.

‘Oh, this is going to be interesting’ said Hyunseung grinning.

All the members except Junhyung and Hyunseung knew about Sungkyu and Jiyoon little discuss about that specific program of Children of the Night.

The members exchanged looks knowing the things that will happen in the show…

‘Wait, what is Sungkyu doing?’ Kikwang jumped off his seat when he saw Sungkyu giving Soyu an ice-cream. (4:12). His girlfriend didn’t say anything about it.

Junhyung felt anger in a second and leaded by an impulse, he dialed Jiyoon’s phone number.

‘Hello?’ the charismatic girl answered in the other end of the line.

‘What is that pathetic excuse for a man you have for boyfriend doing? I’m gonna kill him!’ Junhyung yelled over the phone.

‘Oppa calm down, is just an ice cream’ Jiyoon said trying to calm down her friend. He remained silent while watching at the TV.

‘Hyorin-shi is a great singer…’ (5:07) Yoseob admitted.

‘Your girlfriend would kill you if she listens to you right now’ mocked the maknae. Yoseob glared him. The members giggled.

Junhyung on the other hand, hadn’t taken his eyes off the screen. He was concentrated watching every movement of Sungkyu.

‘Why did he- OMG!! What is he doing?’ (6:54) shouted Junhyung at his phone, getting up of his seat. ‘Now he’s dead! Worst than dead!’ he said with an angry voice.

‘It’s ok oppa, he had already told me that he has to sing that song for So-‘ Jiyoon started but suddenly she stopped.

‘OMG!’ Hyuseung yelled getting up his seat too.

‘HOLY CRAP! Jiyoon…!’ said the rapper. ‘Jiyo-‘ the girl hung up.

Beast’s members exchanged concerned looks.

‘She hung up!’ exclaimed Junhyung out of himself.

‘Hyung, calm down’ said Yoseob trying to calm his friend down.

‘No! That prick is going to listen to me!’

‘And what are you going to do?’ asked Doojoon challenging the rapper.

‘Kill him!’ the boy said furious.

‘Jiyoon-nie would hate you forever if you do anything to Sungkyu’ Kikwang said and the others agreed with him.

‘Why are you defending him?!’ Junhyung was really pissed with his band mates.

‘We’re not, we’re just preventing you to do something stupid’

Junhyung noticed that that behavior of his friends was really strange. ‘Wait…did you knew anything about this?’ asked the rapper narrowing his eyes.

They remained silent.

‘Tell me!’ demanded Junhyung raising his fists.

‘Sort of…’ Yoseob said covering his face with his arms to avoid any punch of his angry friend.

‘Who told you? Jiyoon-nie?’ asked the rapper.

‘No. Our girlfriends…’ Doojoon answered.

‘What did they say?’

‘Nothing, that Jiyoon-nie and Sungkyu had a discussion about this specific show because the writers forced Sungkyu to do the same thing he did with Jiyoon-nie in Bouquet’ explained Yoseob.

‘Bouquet?’ Junhyung asked pretending not to remember that specific episode of Bouquet.

‘The program which Sungkyu sang “Nothing Better” to her and hold her hand’ remembered Dongwoon.

Junhyung POV

Oh yes, of course I remember that program… was the more torturous for me to watch… That was the episode where that Sungkyu prick serenaded Jiyoon-nie with that significant lyric song…and held her hand after wards… Of course I remember...

‘And why did he agree to do such a thing?’ I asked not really understanding the reason behind his behavior.

‘Like he had a chance…’ said Yoseob shaking his head.

‘You know how this business is man…’ said Kikwang-hyung shaking his head too.

‘But he could say something!’ I exclaimed.

‘He did, but they forced him anyways’ replied Dongwoon.

I got frustrated. There was nothing else I could say, if the man really did everything he could to avoid the copy-paste thing and the writers forced him anyways, then there was no other way…

‘Hyung, why don’t you go and see Jiyoon-nie instead of staying here asking us questions she can answer better?’ suggested me Doojoon-hyung patting my shoulder.

I looked at him defeated. He caught the message and nodded.

‘Go…’ he said.

I rushed to the bedroom and changed my clothes. When I was done, I went to the living room again and took a last peek at the TV.

The last game was on, the love-line…

‘I’m going’ I said and waved my hand goodbye to my friends.

‘Good luck!’ I heard Kikwang-hyung saying before I closed the door behind me.

I took the elevator and rushed out the building. 4minute’s dorm was ten minutes by walk.

‘I can make it in five if I run’I thought and started to run.

When I arrived there, I rushed inside and pressed the button of the elevator.

‘Quickly, quickly’ I tapped my fingers against the board.

Finally the doors opened and I entered pressing the number “7” on my way in.

I got to the floor and knocked 4minute’s door without hesitation. Sohyun opened the door and let me in. I looked around the apartment looking for Jiyoon-nie.

‘Is in the living room’ I heard Hyuna-shi saying.

I almost ran there and when I spotted her, I saw her crying…

‘YAH! WHY ARE YOU CRYING JIYOON-NA?’ I yelled angrily panting. I was trying to catch my breath.

‘No oppa, is not what you think’ she tried to explain walking away of me.

I was really pissed so I glared her. I saw her phone near her ear. ‘Are you talking to him?’ I asked taking a step forward. ‘Give me that!’ I almost yelled taking off the phone of Jiyoon-nie’s hand.

She got shocked. I gave her my back.

‘Yah! Is Sungkyu?’ I asked furious.

‘Yes’ responded a cool voice at the other side of the line.

‘Listen to me, I’m gonna kill you for making Jiyoon-na cry’ I said avoiding Jiyoon-nie’s efforts for taking her phone back. ‘No man that make my girlfriends cry deserved them, and YOU are not the exception, you hear me?’

‘Yes I hear you, and you’re right, I promised myself once that never let Jiyoon’s smile fade away and I failed, but this is not your business, so please bring back the phone to my girlfriend, I need to talk to her’ said Sungkyu really pissed.

‘Yah! Not my business? Who do you think you are?’ I shouted out of myself. If I had the man in front of me, I would have punched his face.

‘He’s MY boyfriend, not yours!’ suddenly Jiyoon-nie yelled angry.

‘What?’I got surprised. I turned and looked at her eyes.

‘This is MY problem…’ she said really pissed at me. ‘Junhyung, give me back my phone please!’ she continued in an authority voice putting the palm of her hand in front of my face.

I couldn’t believe it. ‘Is she serious?’ I opened my eyes big and incredulous.

‘I’m trying to defend you…’ I articulated. She took a step forward and fixed her eyes in mines.

She looked really scary so I took a step back unconsciously. Her expression softened a little.

‘I know oppa, and I appreciated, really, but in this moment, I don’t need to be defended, I can defend myself… Please…, the phone…’ she said calmed but serious.

I looked at her a little longer trying to decide if gave her back her phone or not. Her eyes still had little tears in it and they showed little sadness in them, but at the same time, they were showing me how determined she was at this matter. I had no choice but gave up and bring her back her mobile. I sighed feeling defeated. ‘Hurt her again, and you’re dead…’ I said threatening the boy at the other side of the line before put the phone on my friend’s hand.

‘Thank you’ Jiyoon-nie said without taking her eyes of me. I felt shivers of fear for a moment.

In the glaring contest, she will forever win, so I sighed defeated again and smiled despite of me. I messed her hair and walked away. She smiled amused.

‘Hello?’ I heard her saying at the phone.

I didn’t really want to listen so I walked towards the kitchen where the rest of the girls were.

‘Hi, I’m sorry for Junhyung-oppa…’ was the last thing I could hear her saying before Sohyun spoke.

‘Oppa, you were really scary saying all those things about killing Sungkyu-oppa…’

‘Sorry if I scared you’ I tried to apologize. I really cared about those girls so I didn’t want them to be scared of me.

‘But I think Jiyoon-nie was scarier than you’ Hyuna-shi said mocking.

I smiled at her. ‘Tell me about it… In the glaring contest she’ll win forever’

We laughed amused knowing that I was right.

‘Is better to not be in her range of movement when she is pissed…’ said Gayoon-nie mocking too. I giggled.

‘Yeah… you could lose your arm or something more vital’ NamJi entered the conversation. The girls laughed amused.

‘Yeah…, your heart…’I thought feeling sadness growing in my chest.

Suddenly, silence reigned.

‘Na-do saranghae…’ I could hear Jiyoon-nie saying clear and without any sign of second thoughts.

I felt a punch in my stomach. I looked up and saw four girls smiling widely at the view of their friend in the living room.

I turned my head to look at her too. I found her smiling dreamily.

‘That man…he better take good care of our Jiyoon or I swear I’ll kill him’ I said frowning.

‘Don’t worry oppa, I have the feeling that he will…’ Sohyun said smiling, convinced of her words.

I looked at Jiyoon-nie one more time and, she looked so happy that I couldn’t help but smile too…

‘If she’s happy then I happy…’

End POV

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jiyoon's birthday is coming...what will happen? Will Jiyoon and Sungkyu's relationship last?...keke...please stay tuned for the next chapters :D 

Thank you so much for reading!

Have a nice day!