24

I think I love you

 

(2010.10.15) Jiyoon’s birthday

7am

‘Today is Jiyoon-nie’s birthday!’ shouted Yoseob with his regular hyperness.

‘Yeah, we all know that…now keep it low!’ ordered Doojoon. Yoseob pouted.

‘Hyung, hyung! Did you buy her something?’ asked Kikwang at Junhyung joining Yoseob’s craziness.

‘Huh? Why do you care?’ said the rapper glaring at the muscular boy.

Kikwang looked confused and somehow hurt. ‘What do you mean by “why do you care” of course I care, hyung! We all know you have a thing for Jiyoon-nie and that you don’t want to lose against Sungkyu’

‘Why did he have to mention that man…?’ cursed Junhyung inside his head. He looked at his band mates and sighed defeated.

‘Yeah, I bought her something…’ the rapper said looking outside the window of the van.

‘Really? What did you get her?’ wanted to know Yoseob.

‘None of your business’ Junhyung cut off.

At first Yoseob got surprised by the rough tone his friend used, but since he knew it was a difficult topic, he dropped it. ‘Fine! Our girlfriends will tell us later’ the baby face boy stuck out his tongue and pouted afterwards.

Junhyung simply kept looking at the cars that were passing them…

‘Doojoon-ah, how is your wifey and Jiyoon-nie? Are they fine already?’ asked Dongwoon suddenly interested.

‘Yeah, they’re fine now. They’ll be late today though’ the leader said moving in his seat.

‘Huh? Why?’ asked Hyunseung entering the conversation.

‘Don’t know, my wifey simply told me last night that they were going to rehears at 9am today’ answered Yoseob.

‘I see…’ said Hyunseung glancing at Junhyung that was with an absent face, still looking outside the window car.

Ten minutes later, they arrived at Cube Entertainment Building.

---

One hour later

‘Ok guys, you know what you have to do’ said the leader of Infinite going out the van.

‘Repeat us again, why are we doing this…?’ asked Sungyeol annoyed.

‘Because is my girlfriend’s birthday’

‘Yeah, but why are we doing THIS’ he said pointing at the black mask and cape he was holding in his hands.

‘You couldn’t just say “Happy Birthday” like a normal person?’ said Hoya looking almost disgusted at the roses he was holding in a big box. Sungkyu glared both his band mates.

‘She’s not just any girl…, I want her to remember this birthday like the best she ever had, ok?’

‘Fine, fine…’ both said and started to walk towards Cube Entertainment Building entrance.

Once inside, Sungkyu checked his watch and saw that he still had time to make everything perfect before Jiyoon appear on the front door.

‘Ok guys, let’s go to the practice room their manager said’ the leader said heading towards the elevators. Six lazy young followed him dragging their feet. ‘Come on, move’ he urged and the others simply nodded but didn’t give signs of accelerate the pace.

Once all six were inside the elevator, the leader pressed “3” and waited to the doors to close and to the elevator to hit the right floor.

‘Oh! They have nice facilities’ said the maknae looking around once they were out the elevator. The others nodded admiring the place too.

‘I think the practice room is in that direction’ Woohyun said pointing a side of the place.

They all started to walk and luckily, the practice room they were looking for, was at the end of the hallway.

‘Sungkyu!’ yelled a male voice behind the members of Infinite. Sungkyu turned around and saw Junhyung walking with heavy steps towards him. Woohyun gave Sungkyu a warned look.

‘Let me handle this’ said the leader of Infinite patting his friend’s shoulder but without taking off his look of the rapper of Beast. ‘You guys go ahead’

The members exchanged worried looks but Woohyun nodded at them and they left and entered the practice room they were in front of.

Junhyung got in front of Sungkyu in a second.

‘What are you doing here?’ the rapper asked aggressively.

‘Today is Jiyoon’s birthday’ the leader of Infinite said nonchalantly.

‘I know that. You haven’t answer my question’

Sungkyu looked annoyed by Junhyung’s tone of voice but controlled himself. ‘Listen Junhyung, I’m not here to give you explanations about anything’

The rapper didn’t say anything for a moment, but then, his rage took control over him. He looked at Sungkyu with wrath in his eyes and started to shout.

‘Well then listen to me bad excuse for a man, if you hurt Jiyoon-nie one more time I-’ threatened Junhyung with his fist raised.

‘I won’t! So stop threaten me…!’ said Sungkyu annoyed.

‘Well, too bad ‘cause I’m going to do it until you actually screw it and I can kick that handsome face’ said the rapper in a dangerous tone.

‘So you accept that Jiyoon likes pretty handsome boys and no gangster bad boys like you…’ Sungkyu scoffed.

‘Or maybe she likes pricks…’ answered back Junhyung.

‘Maybe she doesn’t and that’s why she is not with you’ back the leader of Infinite.

Junhyung couldn’t take it anymore so he punched Sungkyu in the face. The Infinite boy stumbled and almost fell but he lean a hand on the wall and he didn’t. Sungkyu turned his face towards Junhyung with anger in his eyes but he didn’t do anything, he just stood straight and looked at Beast rapper with arrogance.

‘You hit like a girl’ said Sungkyu cleaning his broken lip with his hands. ‘Even Jiyoon hit harder than you’ and with this he turned his back at Junhyung and started to walk away.

‘Hey! Where do you think you’re going? We’re not finish yet’ the rapper walked towards the Infinite leader. ‘Don’t walk away of me!’

‘Watch me…’ Sungkyu said still walking. Junhyung grabbed the boy’s shoulder and with fury, he forced him to face him again.

‘Fight like a man!’ the rapper shouted.

Sungkyu looked at Junhyung with a bit of pity in his eyes. ‘You don’t worth it’

‘Are you saying Jiyoon-nie is not worth to fight for?’

‘No, I’m saying YOU don’t worth to fight with’ Junhyung’s anger was in his maximum but he couldn’t move. ‘You’re the one fighting for her, I don’t have to. She is already with me. I don’t have to waste my energies with someone as warlike as you’

Junhyung was speechless. He had to give credit at the brat. He was right after all, the one that was hurt was Junhyung, not Sungkyu, the one that in the end would feel like crap even if Junhyung kick the boy’s was him, because he had Jiyoon… and Junhyung don’t…

‘Leave us alone man… don’t interfere in our relationship or the one with the broken face would be you’ the Infinite leader said this like a statement. Junhyung was still speechless. His body functions weren’t responding at the orders his brain was sending.

Finally, when Sungkyu saw that Junhyung didn’t give signs of saying or doing anything else, he simply turned his back at the Beast member and walked away to the practice room where s were.

---

Inside the practice room Infinite were

‘Hyung! Your lip is bleeding!’ Hoya yelled when Sungkyu stormed into the room.

‘Leave it, it’s fine…’ he said avoiding his friend hand.

‘Ok, this is it! I’m going to kick that rapper !’ Woohyun shouted moving fast towards the entrance of the room.

‘NO!’ Sungkyu spoke loud and clear. Woohyun froze. ‘I said LEAVE IT!’

‘But hyung-‘ the maknae wanted to say something but Sungyeol stopped him. Sungjong looked at his friend worried. Sungyeol shook his head.

---

Inside Beast practice room

‘Hyung, what was all that noise back there?’ asked Doojoon glaring at Junhyung.

‘Nothing…’ the rapper said and put the music on. The rest of the members exchanged questioning looks but no one said a word. They simply continue to practice knowing that maybe that wasn’t the best moment to ask what was happening to him.

---

Back in the practice room Infinite were

‘Guys…, put your masks and capes on’ said the leader of Infinite addressing s trying to change the topic. ‘Hoya, please, the roses’

Hoya gave one rose to each member and then the bouquet to his leader.

‘Ok, we’re ready? She’ll be here any minute’

The members of Infinite nodded and then started to spread around Cube building.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hello everybody!! I'm so, so, sorry for not update in a while, I was kinda blocked..., and then, I traveled and I got busy..., anyways, I hope you liked this chapter. A little fighting to finally realize things, and.... what will happen next? Find out in the next chapter, which I'm writing it right now so I'll update soon, I promise :)
 
Thank you so much for reading and for your comments. They really cheer me up and help me to continue with this story.
 
Until a next time! I love you guys! :D