27

I think I love you

 

Airplane

Jiyoon POV

Almost two months have passed since Sungkyu-oppa and I started to date, but the week after that, I started to travel all around Asia and I’m never in Korea…, and when I am, our schedules cross and we can barely see each other… I miss him, a lot… but there’s nothing we can do, this is our lives…, this is the price for being idols…

Junhyung-oppa, in the other hand, have changed a lot. He’s not that selfish anymore, he’s always around when I’m down and he comforts me anytime I’m having a boyfriend-sick episode, which is frequently… Sometimes I feel kinda bad because I do spend more time with Junhyung-oppa than with my boyfriend, but it’s only because we are from the same company and we see each other very often…, and we travel together as well, so…

‘Hey loner…’ a familiar male voice came from behind me stopping my string of thoughts. I turned around and saw Junhyung-oppa. I smiled at him. ‘Where is your seat partner?’

‘Boyfriend’ I said directing my eyes at the front seat where Gayoon-nie and Yoseob were sleeping cuddled. Junhyung smirked and shook his head.

‘Those two are way too in love with each other’ he giggled.

‘Yeah…’ I said half smiling. I felt happy for my best friend, but at the same time the memories of my own boyfriend slip through my mind and started to hurt me…

‘Jiyoon-ah, are you ok?’ Junhyung-oppa asked me concerned.

‘Yeah, I’m just… thinking’ I said avoiding his eyes a little.

‘What are you thinking about?’ he asked sitting next to me.

I remained silent for a second. ‘About everything…’

‘Sungkyu…?’ he asked carefully. I nodded one time.

‘Him too…’

‘It’s alright, you two can make it’ he said patting my shoulder.

I looked at him and smiled sadly. ‘I don’t know about that…’ I said and looked away. ‘I mean, what kind of relationship last after two months without seeing each other?’ my voice cracked a little at the end, I had the urge to cry but I resisted. He didn’t say a word; he just looked at me with sympathy and squished my hand.

‘Thank you oppa…’ I said after a short silence.

‘What for?’ he asked innocently.

‘For comfort me every time I’m feeling blue…’

He smiled and ruffled my hair. ‘That’s why I’m here for…’ I smiled and looked at the little screen I had in front of me.

‘How many hours left?’ I asked pressing my fingers onto the buttons beside the screen, trying to look for a good movie to watch.

‘Two, I think…’

‘Wanna watch a movie?’ I asked in a neutral voice finally finding one that interests me.

‘Sure’

He raised the armrest that were separating our seats and moved closer to me.

‘Wanna change seats?’ he asked me amused by the fact that I didn’t really know how to accommodate in the chair. I looked at him blankly for a couple of seconds and then I nodded defeated.

We changed seats and that way was easier to watch the movie. I leaned my head on his shoulder and pressed the “play” button on the screen. He looked down at me for a second a little surprised. I gave him a “what?” look but he simply returned his eyes to the movie.

‘What are we watching?’ Junhyung-oppa asked after a couple of minutes.

‘Midnight FM…’ I replied nonchalantly. (A/N: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=793rRKbbzv4&feature=related)

‘Oh, the movie where Hyuna-shi and Jihyun-ah appeared on?’ he asked interested.

‘Yep’ I said with the same voice.

‘Cool’ he said smiling childishly.

‘That was cute…’ I thought in a flash before return my eyes to the movie.

‘Oh, look. There they are’ he said after Hyuna and NamJi appeared on the screen. I nodded smiling at his sudden excitement.

After another couple of minutes he pouted. ‘That was it?’

‘Well yeah, they were just supposed to appear in that scene’ I said amused by his disappointment.

‘Did they pay them?’ he asked almost frowning.

‘They pay us playing the song in the movie’

‘Cheap…’ he said in a low voice clearly hiding his anger.

I moved my head off his shoulder. ‘That’s promotion’ I clarify. He didn’t reply, he simply glued his eyes in the screen in front of us still frowning.

I looked at him for a couple of seconds… ‘He looks handsome…’ I smiled without noticing. ‘Wait. What?’ I slapped my face. ‘What am I thinking? I have boyfriend! And a wonderful one! Jesus Jiyoon what the hell were you thinking?!’

Junhyung-oppa turned his face towards me. ‘Are you ok?’ he asked with his eyebrow raised.

‘…Umm…Yeah…’ I said feeling uncomfortable trying not to show my sudden blush.

‘Why are you red?’ he asked moving his face closer to mine. I started feeling my heart beating faster.

‘What?’ I asked trying to organize my thoughts.

He put a hand on my forehead. ‘Are you sure you’re not sick or something?’

I felt shivers going down my spine. ‘No, I’m fine, really…’ I moved my head slowly away from his touch.

He frowned a little. ‘Fine…’ he said and returned his attention to the movie.

‘What is happening to me? Why am I so nervous?’ I cursed to my insides. ‘...Ugh… Jiyoon…you’re a bad person…’

I closed my eyes and tried to think in something else, but I felt so guilty… I have this wonderful boyfriend and still I’m feeling this…things when I’m with another man… who is also my friend…

‘Hey, aren’t you watching the movie?’ Junhyung-oppa’s voice brought me to reality.

‘…Yeah, sure…’

I glued my eyes into the screen trying really hard to pay attention to the movie but I failed… Thoughts of Sungkyu-oppa and Junhyung-oppa kept on mixing in my head…

‘This is bad…’ I sighed and closed my eyes again…

End POV

 

Junhyung POV

I was really into the movie when I felt something in my shoulder. I turned and saw Jiyoon’s head leaning on it. My heart immediately started to beat faster.

‘Jiyoon-ah…’ I whispered, but I got no response. I moved my head and saw that she was sleeping. I smiled and let her sleep.

I remove a lock of hair off her cheek and admired the perfect shape of her face… ‘She looks so innocent and defenseless…’

After a second, I obligated my eyes to return to the movie and finished watching it. It was a good movie, nice plot, nice cast, and very interesting. I had to admit that Jiyoon-nie made a good choice with this movie.

‘Hello passengers, the captain’s speaking. I inform you that we are going to begin the decency to land into Seoul Incheon International Airport, so please put your seatbelts and follow the stewardess orders. Thank you so much for traveling in this airline’

‘Home sweet home…’ I sighed after I heard the captain’s message. I looked down at Jiyoon-nie and she was still sleeping. I knew I had to wake her up but I didn’t want to…

A stewardess approached us. ‘Sir, please…’

‘Yeah, I know, I’m on it’ I interrupted her showing my best smile. I looked down again at Jiyoon-nie and touched her cheek.

‘Hey…’ I whispered tapping softly her cheek. No response. ‘Jiyoon-ah…’ I called again and this time I moved my shoulder a little. She moved lazily and opened her eyes slowly. ‘Good morning sleepy head…’

She met my eyes for a brief moment and then she quickly moved her head away from my shoulder. I laughed at her sudden reaction but the truth is that I felt hurt deep inside…

‘Are you ok?’ I said between laughs trying to make fun of my feelings and of course, her face.

‘Yeah… we arrive yet?’

‘Kinda, we must put our seatbelts and stuff’

‘Ok…’

She moved her body back to her seat, put on the seatbelt and leaned her head on the back of the chair closing her eyes. She looked tired and somehow preoccupied, I wanted to ask her but I didn’t really want to bother her so I remained silent.

The airplane landed safely and all of us went down happily. Even Jiyoon-nie. She looked happy to be at home again. I observed her for a couple of seconds and couldn’t figure out whether she was happy because we were at home or because she would get to see Sungkyu…

‘How do you like the movie?’ Jiyoon-nie’s voice brought me back to earth. She was wearing her sunglasses.

‘It was nice’ I said smirking. ‘Did you like it?’

‘Umm…yeah…’ she lied.

‘Oh really?’ I said in a teasing tone. ‘Did you saw that part where the killer grabbed the girl? …Oh wait, no, you didn’t see it because you were SLEEPING!’

She looked at me surprised and then pouted. ‘Oppa~’

‘Don’t oppa me. I’m mad at you; you let me watching the movie all alone!’ I said frowning, pretending to be mad.

‘Oppa, don’t be mad at me, I’m sorry’ she started to enter in aegyo mode. I looked away hiding a laugh. ‘Oppa look at me’ she said grabbing my arm. ‘Oppa~’

I finally looked at her and she put both her hands beside her head. ‘Oppa, don’t be mad at Jiyoon-nie!’

I couldn’t take it anymore so I laughed. This girl can really bring me in a good mood.

‘Guys, uncouple now!’ manager-hyung shouted just before the exit gate opened.

We all obeyed.

‘See ya later?’ I asked Jiyoon-nie with a smile. She returned me the smile and nodded. I went ahead and grabbed Yoseob by the neck.

On our way out the airport, the fans kept on shouting our names and waving placard.

‘It feels really good to be home…’ I thought smirking.

End POV

 

---

4minute van

‘Hi baby, I’m home’ greeted the girl when she heard her boyfriend had picked up his phone.

‘Hi baby! Welcome back!’ he said all enthusiastic. ‘I’ve missed you so much~’

She smiled and leaned her head against the window. ‘Me too baby. How’s everything going?’

‘Great! We’re recording the songs for our comeback’

‘Really? When is it?’ she asked interested.

‘March’

‘Cool!’

‘How was your trip?’ he asked after a short pause.

‘Fine’ she said not wanting to give much detail about it. She knew that any extra information about how good was the tour with Beast was a potential argument later.

‘When is your other trip?’ he asked with a little bitter in his voice.

There was a little silence. Jiyoon started to feel annoyed. ‘Why do you assume I’m traveling again?’

‘Because you always do…’ he answered almost immediately.

Jiyoon was annoyed and sad at the same time. She hesitated and then sighed. ‘…Two weeks…’

‘Cool, then am I going to be able to see you more than one day? Or is going to be like the last time?’ the boy asked sarcastic.

She felt offended and then angry. ‘Hey! This is my job too, you know?’ she almost shouted. Sungkyu remained silent. She sighed. ‘Can we just not talk about this over the phone?’

‘What other way you want us to talk? We never see each other…!’ he replied back almost shouting too.

‘You know what? That’s it! I’m going to hang up now. You when you feel like talking to me with another mood then call me. Goodbye’ she hanged up and threw her phone away. It landed in the front seat almost hitting the driver.

‘Hey, watch it!’ the manager shouted angrily glaring at the girl. ‘You didn’t have to do that!’

‘Whatever…’ the girl mumbled and covered her face with the jacket that was on her lap.

‘Hey! Apologize!’ the manager ordered.

‘Could you just leave me alone?!’ yelled Jiyoon with tears in her face.

Everyone stood like a statue, shocked, even the manager. He never expected to see the cheerful Jiyoon this angry.

‘Umm…’ at first he didn’t know what to say because he was too surprised. ‘Apologize Jiyoon-ah…, you almost hit the driver…’ he finally said in a lower-calm voice.

‘I’m sorry driver-nim’ Jiyoon said loud enough to the driver to listen. The man nodded and said “don’t worry”. She took the jacket and covered her face with it again.

Everybody was in a tense silence, exchanging awkward looks between them all.

‘WHAT HAPPENED?’ the manager articulated with his mouth without emitting any sound.

Hyuna was about to answer but then she got an idea and took out her phone. ‘Fight. Boyfriend’ she texted instead.

‘I heard her raising her voice, but I thought she was playing or something’ he replied texting too.

‘Nope. Big fight…’ Sohyun entered the conversation.

‘What can we do?’ he asked.

‘I don’t know…’ both Hyuna and Sohyun texted the same thing.

‘Gayoon-ah, you should talk to her’ Jihyun suggested when she heard Jiyoon sobbing.

‘At home’ Gayoon answered.

‘Let us know’ the manager texted.

‘K’ she replied and with this everyone left the conversation and put down their phones.

The manager searched on the floor for Jiyoon’s mobile. After a few seconds, he found it and picked it up. The battery went off when she threw it but besides that, the phone was fine.

‘We’re home’ the driver said parking the car.

‘Thanks’ said the girls going down the van. Jiyoon was the last.

‘Jiyoon-ah. Your phone’ the manager said showing the device in his hand.

‘I don’t need it…’ she said coolly and kept walking as fast as she could.

He gave the girls a concern look. Gayoon took the phone off her manager’s hand and rushed after her friend.

‘Girls…’ the older man called the remaining members of 4minute. The girls gathered around him. ‘Take care of her… I’ve never seen her like this before…’

‘Neither does us…’ whispered Sohyun.

‘Don’t worry oppa, we will take care of her’ Jihyun assured. The manager smiled and said goodbyes to the girls.

‘Is going to be a long day…’ Hyuna said under her breath walking slowly to the front door followed by Sohyun and Jihyun.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everybody!

I'm so sorry for this late update. I'll try to update more often, I swear!!

So, Junhyung/Hara thing seem so far away now that I can barely remember it, which is a good thing because I don't have Hara's face wandering around my head everytime I think of Junhyung.

I hope you liked this chapter.

Thank you so much for reading! :)

Good night! ^^