28

I think I love you

 

Infinite dorm

‘Hello? Hello? Jiyoon?’ Sungkyu said pressing his phone against his ear. ‘She hanged up…?’ he was surprised.

He put down his mobile and looked at the empty space for a moment. He was trying to swallow what just had happen. ‘She actually hanged up on me…’

‘Who was it?’ asked Woohyun entering the bedroom. Sungkyu didn’t reply, he simply stood in his place looking absent. ‘Hey’ Woohyun passed a hand in front of Sungkyu’s face. This last one blinked and then looked at his friend.

‘Huh?’

‘I asked “who was it”’ Woohyun repeated the question.

‘Jiyoon…’ Sungkyu said looking down at his hands.

‘Oh~! Is she home?’ Woohyun said in a cheerful tone and seated beside his best friend. ‘How is she? How was the tour?’

Sungkyu remained silent still looking at his hands. ‘I blew it…’ he mumbled.

‘What? What happened hyung?’ asked the other getting alarmed.

‘I blew it...’ he repeated. ‘She hanged up on me! You believe it? She actually hanged up!’

‘Why? What happened?’ Woohyun was really confused.

‘I need to talk to her’ Sungkyu took his phone and dialed her phone number ignoring Woohyun’s question. After a moment, a machine told him that the person with that number was unreachable. ‘What? NO! I need to apologize!’ He called again and again but with no success.

Sungkyu started to feel anxious and desperate. He started walking from one place to the other inside the room; thinking. Woohyun was looking at his leader in absolute shock, he had never seen him like that before.

‘Gyu, what is it?’ asked the younger boy almost panicking.

‘She turned off her phone…’ Sungkyu said in a whisper. ‘I need to talk to her’ he said and grabbed his jacket from the closet. ‘Bye!’ and with this, Sungkyu went out the dorm.

‘Gyu, wait! Where are you going?’ Woohyun shouted just before Sungkyu closed the front door behind him.

---

4minute dorm

‘Jiyoon-ah!’ Gayoon called out the name of her friend that was rushing inside the bedroom. ‘Hey!’

‘What!’ shouted Jiyoon going out the bedroom and heading to the main door.

‘Stop!’ Gayoon stood right in the way. ‘Where do you think you’re going?’

‘Out!’ Jiyoon said breathing with difficulty.

‘No! You’re not going anywhere in this condition’ Gayoon said firmly.

‘I don’t want to be here!’ the other shouted out of her lungs.

‘Well too bad because I’m not letting you out!’

Jiyoon looked furiously at her friend. Tears of anger and sadness was blurring her sigh and she felt her brain was about to explode. ‘Get out of my way…’ said the girl almost threatening. Gayoon felt a bit of fear because she knew that if Jiyoon wanted to use force against her, she would lose irremediably, but she wasn’t going to give up on this, her friend was not in a good condition and she was going to do everything in her power to not let Jiyoon hurt herself.

A battle of looks took place in that moment. Gayoon wasn’t going to let out Jiyoon so she tightened her jaw in case Jiyoon do anything unexpected, but fortunately, after a couple of seconds, Jiyoon’s look softened. ‘Gayoon-ah…’ pled the girl crying. ‘…let me out…’

Gayoon almost lost her refit hearing her friend plead like that, but she was determined. ‘No…’

Jiyoon let herself fell heavily onto the floor and covered her face with her hands. Gayoon bend over and hugged her friend tightly.

‘Shh… Everything is gonna be alright…’ Gayoon said but Jiyoon shook her head.

‘No is not… Everything is falling apart… he…’ she couldn’t keep speaking, her voice cracked and she could only cry.

‘Shh… it’s ok…’ whispered Gayoon caressing Jiyoon’s hair.

The door opened and Jihyun, Hyuna and Sohyun entered the dorm with carrying their bags.

‘Jiyoon-ah!’, ‘Unnie!’, ‘Jiyoon-nie!’ the three girls shouted when they saw Jiyoon crying in Gayoon’s arms. They threw the bags onto the floor and ran towards their friends. Hyuna and Sohyun rushed to hug Jiyoon, while Jihyun caressed her hair.

---

Beast dorm

Six men were lying on the floor resting.

‘Is so good to be home…’ Hyunseung said rolling over his body to change his position. The others agreed.

Five minutes passed and then, a phone rang. Kikwang picked up.

‘Hello? …Oh, hi baby, you arrived well? …I’m glad…’ said the boy smiling unconsciously. ‘What? Jiyoon-nie?’ Kikwang kept on hearing at his girlfriend and Junhyung immediately turned his head to look at his band mate. ‘…aham…aham… Oh~… poor Jiyoon-nie…’ Junhyung frowned and moved closer to Kikwang. ‘Yeah baby… ok… tell Jiyoon-nie that everything is going to be alright, ok? …ok, talk to you tomorrow… I love you… bye…’

The moment Kikwang ended the call, Junhyung jumped over and looked at him with questioning eyes. ‘What happened to Jiyoon-nie?’

The shorter boy got a little scared by the sudden action of the rapper. ‘Big fight with her boyfriend’ Kikwang replied moving away.

‘About what?’ the rapper asked a little too high.

‘I-I don’t know, Hyuna didn’t tell me’ Kikwang said trying to maintain a good distance between him and Junhyung.

‘How bad was it?’

‘According to Hyuna, pretty bad…’ the muscular boy answered.

‘Ok, thanks man’ Junhyung said and stood up.

He went to the bedroom and took out a jacket. ‘See ya guys later’ he said opening the front door.

‘Where are you going?’ Doojoon asked still lying on the floor.

‘You know where’ was Junhyung’s only reply before closing the door behind him.

---

4minute dorm

‘I don’t know what I’m going to do…’ Jiyoon finally was able to speak. ‘He is angry because I travel too much and we never get the chance to see each other but… what can I do? This is my job…’

‘He has to understand that…’ Jihyun said caressing Jiyoon’s hair.

‘I thought that above all the persons, HE would understand’ said Gayoon almost frowning.

Jiyoon sighed and looked down. ‘Yeah, I thought that too…’

Gayoon took Jiyoon’s chin and pulled up to look at her face. ‘You have to talk to him…’ she said cleaning the remaining tears in Jiyoon’s cheeks.

‘Yeah, but at least for now, I don’t want to…’ the charisma girl said with a sad expression.

‘When then?’ Hyuna asked leaning her head on Sohyun’s shoulder.

Jiyoon thought for a second. ‘I don’t know, maybe tomorrow, when my head is cleaner…’

‘What do you mean?’ asked Jihyun confused. Jiyoon shook her head.

‘I don’t know…, I don’t know what I’m saying…’

There was a brief silence.

‘Unnie…, your phone…’ Hyuna said tentatively, almost afraid that Jiyoon would do something abrupt.

‘What about it?’ Jiyoon said coolly.

Gayoon took the device out of her pocket. ‘You shouldn’t take out your anger with important objects’ she said passing the mobile to Jiyoon, who looked at the device like if it was a bomb. ‘Is working, don’t worry’

‘That is what I’m worried about…’ said the charisma girl with no charisma at all.

‘What if Sungkyu-oppa called to apologize?’ Hyuna asked trying to make her friend feel better. Jiyoon remained silent looking at the phone. ‘What if-’

‘What is that noise?’ Jiyoon cut off Hyuna.

‘What noise?’ asked Sohyun.

They all made silence and soon, they heard male voices shouting outside the dorm. The voices were familiar…

‘That noise’ said Jiyoon getting up the floor and heading to the front door.

‘You know nothing about us!’ Jiyoon couldn’t believe her eyes. What she was seeing was really shocking for her…

---

‘YOU!’ shouted Junhyung pointing at Sungkyu’s face when he saw him entering 4minute building.

‘What are you doing he-?’ asked Sungkyu surprised.

‘What did you do to Jiyoon-nie?’ the rapper said ignoring the question.

‘Wha-’

‘You stupid jerk! I’m going to kill you!’ Junhyung didn’t wait to the other to answer. His fist was raised near Sungkyu’s face.

‘Stop it!’ shouted the leader of Infinite pushing Junhyung away. ‘You don’t have the right to ask anything about Jiyoon!’

‘I have more rights than you!’ Junhyung pushed Sungkyu over the wall and in that exact moment, the elevator doors opened. ‘I might not be her boyfriend, but I’ve spent more time with her than you!’

Sungkyu felt like a bucket of water was thrown to his face.

‘Move!’ the Infinite boy said getting away of the grip of the rapper and entering the elevator. Junhyung rushed behind him and entered too.

Both men remain silent for a moment; both breathing fire and feeling their blood boiling in anger.

‘What are you doing here?’ asked coolly Sungkyu cutting the tense atmosphere. The elevator’s doors opened again.

‘I came here to comfort her’ Junhyung went out the elevator followed by the Infinite leader. ‘The only thing I’ve been doing for the last two months’

Sungkyu felt a knot in the stomach. ‘What…?’ he said almost in a whisper. Junhyung turned around and looked at him with anger in his eyes.

‘You have any idea how many times she have cried on my shoulder for you?!’ the rapper shouted.

‘What?’ Sungkyu was dumbfounded. He didn’t know his girlfriend had suffered because of him in the past two months.

‘You’re no good for her! The only thing you do every time is hurt her!’ Junhyung kept on shouting with all his strength. Sungkyu was confused and angry at the same time. At one point, he couldn’t take it anymore and pushed the rapper towards the nearest wall.

‘You know nothing about us!’ the leader of Infinite yelled and raised his fist, but when he was about to punch Junhyung on the face, a door opened.

‘Oppa!’ someone shouted horrify. Both guys looked at the origin of the shout.

Jiyoon was standing at the door with a shocked expression. 4minute members appeared behind her.

‘Baby’, ‘Jiyoon-nie’ both men said in relief, almost smiling, at the same time. Both pushed away the other and headed to Jiyoon’s direction. She put her hands in front of her preventing them to keep walking.

‘What is happening here?’ she asked raising an eyebrow.

‘Baby I-’ Sungkyu started.

‘Are you ok Jiyoon-nie?’ Junhyung asked interrupting Sungkyu. This last one glared the rapper.

Jiyoon ignored Junhyung’s question. ‘What are you doing here? Both of you?’ she asked stealing glances at both guys.

‘I-’ the leader of Infinite started again.

‘I don’t want to hear it’ she cut him off. ‘I don’t even know why I ask… tsk…’ she said under her breath rolling her eyes.

Sungkyu was confused. ‘Baby…?’

‘I don’t want to talk to you right now’ she said firmly. ‘Please go…’

‘But-’

She swallowed with difficulty. ‘We can talk tomorrow oppa…’

Junhyung grinned.

‘Why not now?’ the boy took a step closer to his girlfriend.

Jiyoon sighed. ‘Because I have to think…’ her voice cracked a little.

Sungkyu felt an immediate fear. ‘Think? Think what?’ the boy panicked.

‘Tomorrow…’ she said moving her hands pointing at the elevator.

Sungkyu didn’t move, he was paralyzed in his spot. His eyes glued on hers. A lot of thoughts passed by the boy’s mind watching his girlfriend so decided.

‘Jiyoon-ah…, I-’ Junhyugn spoke.

‘You too oppa’ again, Jiyoon interrupted. ‘Please go…’

‘But-’ the rapper wanted to protest.

Jiyoon looked at him almost with affection. ‘Go…’

Sungkyu saw that and felt hurt immediately. His eyes went from her to Junhyung in a second.

‘Oh…’ the Infinite boy let out. ‘I understand…’ he said with a voice that let pass the pain he was feeling inside. He turned around and went back to the elevator.

Jiyoon knew immediately that that wasn’t the moment to show that kind of affection for her friend. She cursed to her insides knowing that that little thing was going to cost her more than she imagine…

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone!

I promised I was going to update more often and here I am with a new chapter. I hope you liked it.

Thank you so much for reading! ^^

Until a next time!