08

I think I love you

 

(2009.12.25) After Music Bank

Cube Entertaining Building

Jiyoon POV:

‘Nice work everybody’ CEO said bowing and applauding us.

‘Thank you’ we all said clapping and bowing too.

‘This year was a great year because 4minute and BEAST debuted and they are doing fantastic, the fans love you and so does we, all the people gathered here love you guys so much for your hard work. Let’s keep working as good as we’ve doing until now, ok? Merry Christmas!’ said CEO with a big smile and showing us a direction to look with his hands. We turned our attention to the place and saw a couple of the staff men dragging a big box.

We all looked at the box expectant. The men opened it and took out gifts for each member of us 4minute and BEAST and of course for the staff people.

‘Merry Christmas’ repeated our boss still smiling.

‘Thank you!’ we all said again receiving the gifts.

‘We have something for you guys too’ said Jihyun and we went to the room we put our gifts for the staff members, our manager and the CEO. They received the presents surprised but smiling and giving thanks to us. BEAST got the chance to do the same and when they finished giving all the staff, the manager and the CEO, the presents, they still have a few on their hands. Then, they started to approached to us. My heart started to beat faster when I saw Junhyung coming towards me.

‘Merry Christmas’ said Junhyung smiling at me almost amused. He put an envelope in my hands. I looked at him blankly.

‘Open it’ he simply said. I did what he said and opened the packet. I looked inside and there was something I always wanted for a gift. Money!

I couldn’t stop let go a scream. ‘Oh my god! Money!’ I thought out loud while I jumped all excited. Junhyung was watching me amused.

‘You liked it?’ he asked me when I stopped the jump and the scream.

‘You kidding? I loved it!’ I said almost shouting. ‘Thank you!’ I shouted this time and hugged him not really knowing what I was doing. Was a reflect. He hugged me back after a second or so, but then I realized what I just did so I break the hug blushing really hard. I hid my face looking at the envelope again. ‘How did you know I wanted this?’ I asked rushing the words.

‘That’s a secret’ he said grinning. I smiled brightly at him.

‘Tell me’ I insisted in aegyo mode.

He hesitated but then he shook his head and said he wouldn’t tell me. I pouted but then he tickled me so I laughed. He laughed too. I pushed him and he pushed me back. We started to play like that until we realized that we were being observed. I looked around us and everybody was silent looking at us amused and almost gossiping. We stopped and acted like nothing happened.

I shyly looked at Gayoon and she looked at me like was about to laugh. I warn her with my eyes and she just covered with the gift she had on her hands. I frowned.

‘Unnie’ I heard Sohyun calling me. I turned my attention to her and she indicated me to go with her. I went with her and the others followed us.

We went to the same room we hid the others gifts and took out (pretty much drag) a big box with a ribbon on the top and the name “BEAST” on it.

‘This is for you guys’ started Jihyun addressing the BEAST members. ‘You see? We didn’t forget about you. Merry Christmas!’

‘WA! It’s a big box’ pointed Doojoon admiring the present.

‘Open it’ Sohyun said, and with this, the BEAST boys attacked the poor box until they opened it.

‘Oh my god!’ screamed Yoseob in shock. We laughed.

‘Thank you!’ shouted the boys with big smiles on them faces and started to took out the mics and the console. We gave them a portable karaoke for six. The original kit came with only two mics but since they are six, we bought the other four for separate. They all looked so happy with it that made all of us smiled. You don’t see six men playing like little kids with their new toy every day.

The staff members and the CEO looked pleased at the view so they smiled and some giggled.

‘Now, let’s get the party started!’ shouted CEO all excited, and with this the music started to play and we all started to dance, chat and eat.

‘What was that?’ asked me Hyuna giving me her best suspicious look.

‘What was what?’ I asked her back knowing exactly what she was asking me. She gave me the you-know-what look and I laughed. ‘Nothing, we were just playing’

‘Yeah, like you never play with any other man’ she said.

‘That’s not true, I played with Seobie too’ I replied defending myself.

‘I said man, not boy’ she said almost laughing at her own words. I laughed and pushed her.

‘You’re mean Kim Hyuna!’ I said still laughing. ‘Gayoon-nie can’t hear us though’

‘Oh, that’s true’ she giggled. ‘Shh’ she said putting a finger on her lips. I smiled.

‘Hey! And what was that hug?’ she asked suddenly raising an eyebrow.

‘A mistake, I reacted without thinking, I was too excited about my gift’ I said trying to put a serious face but I failed.

‘Aha…’ she simply said with her eyebrow still raised.

‘What, it’s true’ I said giving her an innocent look. She looked directly to my eyes for a couple of seconds and then said she believed me and dropped the subject there.

‘What did he gave you?’ she wanted to know.

‘Money’ I replied.

‘Oh! Just what you wanted’ she pointed. I nodded.

‘Jiyoon-nie!’ I saw a hyped Yoseob running towards me with his arms wide open.

What is he- I couldn’t get the chance to finish my thought because Yoseob had hugged me so tight that I could barely breathe, less think.

‘Thank you!’ he said still hugging me.

‘Seobi…’ I started with a choked voice.

‘Huh? Why are you whispering?’ he asked surprised but without letting me go.

‘…I can’t breathe…’ I managed to say with the last air I got in my lungs.

‘Oh, sorry’ he said releasing me. I touched my chest making sure air was indeed entering my body.

‘What are you doing hugging me? Go and hug your girl’ I said pushing him away. He looked at me surprised and then he panicked looking at Hyuna.

‘What! You think we didn’t know?’ I said grinning. ‘Oh come on Seobie, everybody knows except Gayoon-nie, and that’s only because she closed herself to think like that, she’s too stubborn to think that something like that could happen. Especially with you, she thinks you dislike her since you so much’

Yoseob opened his eyes wide and big. ‘Really?’ he managed to say.

‘Yes, that’s why you should stop teasing her and started to act like a big boy’ Hyuna suggested. ‘You should call her attention in other ways, no girl like to be teased all the time’

He looked at me with a mix of fear and sadness.

‘Don’t worry babo, you still have the chance to win her’ I said comforting my friend. ‘Now, go!’ I pushed him away.

He walked a few steps but then he ran back and hugged us tightly. ‘I love you guys’ he said.

‘We love you too babo’ I said and patted his back. He released us and walked towards Gayoon. Hyuna and I smiled.

‘So, show me what Kikwang gave you’ I said placing my hand on Hyuna’s face. She smiled shyly at the mention of his name and handed me a box with a headphones in it. I took it out and examine it. They were hot pink with the mp3 incorporated.

‘Wow! They’re cool’ I said admiring the gift my friend got. She nodded smiling shyly.

‘Hyuna!’ Kikwang shouted calling Hyuna with his hands. She looked at me.

‘Go’ I said giving her gift back. She looked at me worried.

‘Go!’ I repeated. ‘I’ll be fine’

She smiled brightly and went away towards Kikwang. I smiled at the cute-shy couple.

‘Hey’ I heard someone saying. I turned and I felt something cool in my cheek.

‘Yah’ I said touching my cheek and frowning at whoever did that.

‘You want?’ Junhyung mumbled with his mouth full of snacks.

‘I can see all the half masticated food on your mouth, don’t speak when you’re eating, it’s disgusting’ I said making a face. He frowned.

‘You always do the same thing so you can’t tell me that’ he said gulping in the middle of the sentence.

‘Yah! You are not supposed to say that of a girl!’ I shouted at him still frowning. He laughed.

‘It’s true, you’re worst than me’ he replied still laughing.

‘Yah!’ I punched him on his arm.

‘Ouch!’ he complained. ‘You really are like a boy’ he said rubbing his arm.

I punched him again.

‘Hey!’ he shouted.

‘You asked for it!’ I said angrily walking away of him.

I hate him!’ I though in a flash, pouting.

‘Hey wait!’ Junhyung catched me and grabbed my forearm. I felt shivers by his touch so I pull off his grab.

The hell?

‘I’m sorry’ he said trying to take my forearm again. I stopped walking and crossed my arms avoiding his touch.

‘I hate you now, don’t talk to me’ I said all serious.

‘I’m sorry’ he said again searching my eyes. I looked away frowning.

‘Go away!’ I shouted angrily.

‘I’m not going anywhere’ he said with a serious tone. I turned my attention to him and saw him with an apologetic look with a snack in his hand offering it to me.

‘I was an idiot. I’m sorry. Would you forgive me?’ he looked at me with puppy eyes.

Why did he had to do that face?’ I felt weak when he did that but I tried to hide it so I took the snack off his hands. ‘I’m not forgiving you yet’ I said taking a bite of the snack but still frowning. He smiled.

‘Why are you smiling?’ I asked annoyed.

He pointed at my mouth and mocked me. I blushed and turned my back at him.

‘You see…?’ he whispered in my ear. I moved away my head abruptly.

The hell is going on with me today?

From my back, he put another snack in front of my face. ‘Since I made my point… Let’s be friends again, ok?’ he said too close to my ear again. I felt shivers down my spine again, but this time I couldn’t escape, I was trapped by his arms. I sighed and grabbed the snack so he could took his arms away. He did and placed his whole persona in front of me smiling.

‘You’re the best combination of a boy and a girl in one human body’ he said and I frowned again.

What is wrong with him today and all the insults?’ I asked in my head.

He slapped his forehead. ‘I’m sorry, that didn’t come out as it sounded in my head’ he said with a frustrated face. He made a pause and sighed. ‘What I’m trying to say is that you are perfect just the way you are’

‘Babo…’ I managed to say after the evident shock his last words gave me.

‘…Sorry’ he said rubbing the back of his neck. ‘Don’t hate me so much, you know I’m clumsy with words…, let’s be friends again, please…’

Friends?’ I thought in a flash. ‘…again that word Why it bothers me so much? That’s what we are after all, just friends…’

‘Huh? What do you say?’ he insisted. His face showed that he was really sorry of all that he said before so I half smiled at him but quickly that smile change into a full one.

Seriously, what the hell is going on with me today?’ I shouted in my head when I realized I wasn’t half smiling at him anymore but giving him a full brightly smile. He smiled back at me and messed my hair.

‘You want more?’ he asked me pointing at the empty sticks in my hand. I nodded. ‘Let’s go then, I want more too’ and with this he dragged me with him to the buffet table.

‘Jiyoon-nie, can I ask you something?’ he said breaking the little silence it grows while we picked some snacks.

‘Yeah’

‘Why did you want money for Christmas?’ he asked me with innocence in his tone.

‘Why didn’t I want money for Christmas?’ I asked him back amused.

‘I don’t know, is just…, I mean, you earn enough money, why do you need more’

I laughed. ‘Who doesn’t need more money’ He smiled at this.

‘But no, is not about “need” is…’ I sighed. ‘You wanna know the truth?’ He nodded. ‘Promise you don’t laugh’

‘I promise’ he said raising his right hand.

‘I have never received money as a gift before and I wanted to know how it feels like’ I said feeling ashamed.

Junhyung looked at me dumbfounded for a few seconds and then he laughed amused. ‘Are you serious?’

‘Hey! You said you wouldn’t laugh!’ I complained.

‘Sorry, is just is too funny’ he said still laughing. I pouted.

‘Yes, I have never get that as a present, always was like clothe or some cellphone or something like that, never actual bills’ I said trying to ignore his laughter.

‘And how does it feel?’ he wanted to know after stop laughing.

‘Fantastic. The way I imagined it’ I said showing all my teeth in a big smile.

‘You really are unique’ he said smiling looking into my eyes.

‘Huh?’ I was confused.

‘Never mind’ he shook his hand.

‘Hyung!’ we heard Dongwoon calling. ‘Your turn!’

‘Coming!’ Junhyung replied and then grabbing my hand he dragged me with him. ‘Let’s go to have some fun’

We spend most of the night and part of the morning playing with the karaoke we gave them. We sang and danced all kinds of music and rhythms. We have a great time but it was already 4am and we were all too tired to keep playing so we said goodbyes and went to our dorms to get some rest.

‘See you tomorrow?’ Junhyung said when we were leaving the building.

‘See you in a week’ I started and he looked at me surprised. ‘I’m not planning on getting up anytime soon’

He smiled and messed my hair. ‘Bye walrus’

‘Hey!’ I complained, he just laughed and headed to his van.

I think I like hima little…’ I thought while I saw him walking all sleepy to the car.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello guys! How do you like this chapter? Please let me know.

Comments or anything is welcome

Thanks for reading

Have a nice day :)