41

I think I love you

 

One hour later

4minute’s dorm

When Gayoon entered the dorm, she went directly to her bedroom; she knew Jiyoon would still be there.

‘Jiyoonie’ said Gayoon opening the room’s door. Sohyun, that was the only one inside, got surprised. ‘Where is Jiyoon?’

Sohyun glared at her unnie. ‘Unnie, you scared me!’

‘Yeah, yeah, where is Jiyoon?’ she asked again. Sohyun shrugged and went back to her book.

‘Aish!’ Gayoon complained and went to Hyuna’s room.

‘Jiyoon’ she said opening the door. The girl inside the room startled.

‘Unnie! Knock before enter!’

The older girl ignored Hyuna’s complain. ‘You know where is Jiyoon?’

The rapper shook her head. ‘She stormed out a while ago and NamJi followed her’

Gayoon panicked for a second.

‘We’re home~’ said a familiar voice from the entrance. Gayoon turned her head and saw Jiyoon and Jihyun with bags in their hands. She sighed relief.

‘Where were you?!’ asked Gayoon a bit too high. ‘I was looking for you’

‘Buying food’ Jiyoon said in an obvious tone. ‘Help’ she said passing one bag to Gayoon.

‘Well, excuse me for worry about you’ the older girl took the bag and went to the kitchen followed by Jiyoon. ‘I thought you were cuddled in a corner crying your heart out’

Jiyoon let out an empty laugh. ‘No, I’m done crying for men’

Gayoon got speechless. ‘Who are you and what have you done with my best friend?’

This time, Jiyoon laughed for real.

‘She had done that earlier though’ said Sohyun entering the kitchen. ‘Cuddled in her bed weeping’

‘Hey, kiddo, mind your own business’ Jiyoon gave Sohyun a killer gaze. Maknae scoffed and took an ice cream that was on the table.

‘So, what kind of animal bit you to make you resolute that so suddenly?’ Gayoon asked looking at Jiyoon with an amused expression.

‘A dorama’ said Hyuna entering also in the kitchen.

‘Yah! You too?’ Jiyoon complained pointing at Hyuna. Gayoon laughed.

‘That is so Jiyoon’ she said shaking her head.

‘It’s true though. I’m done crying for men’ Jiyoon simply shrugged and opened the packing of her ice cream.

‘Good for you’ said Gayoon patting the younger girl’s head.

‘I decided that, if Junhyung-oppa doesn’t want to listen to me, then, I’m done with him too’

‘WHAT?!’ exclaimed Gayoon dropping her ice cream on the table. ‘Didn’t you say you love him?’

‘I do, but I can’t go around him begging him for forgiveness my whole life. I’m not made for beg’

Gayoon’s eyes widened. ‘Are you going to try again? Or just leave it like that?’ she asked getting anxious.

‘Just one more time’ answered Jiyoon biting her ice cream.

‘Junhyung you idiot! You better accept her apologies this time!’  Gayoon thought in a flash before Jiyoon continued talking.

‘This time I’m doing something extreme, if that doesn’t work, then I have no more resources. It’ll be the end’

‘What are you going to do, unnie?’ asked Hyuna taking a bite of her ice cream.

‘I’ll tell you after I do it’ Jiyoon smirked wickedly.

‘Unnie~! Tell us!’ whined Hyuna. Jiyoon just chuckled and shook her head.

‘Nope’ she said walking out the kitchen followed by the two maknaes clinging on both her arms begging her to tell them.

‘What is she up to?’  thought Gayoon hearing Jiyoon’s laugh and maknaes whines in the distant room.

‘What exactly happened in that dorama?’ asked Gayoon to Jihyun that was still unpacking things in the kitchen.

‘The girl resolute that wasn’t going to cry for her crush anymore and that she was going to tell him once and for all that she loves him’ answered Jihyun summarizing the whole chapter of the dorama they saw.

‘Oh, so there’s where it comes from’

‘Yeah, but the episode ended when the girl was going to find the guy so I don’t really know what Jiyoon is thinking to do with Junhyung-oppa’

Gayoon got silent and started to think in all the possibilities of the situation. ‘What if Jiyoon do something stupid again thinking is a good way of apologize? Or what if Junhyung get so shocked that don’t accept her apologies? Or what if-’

‘Gayoon-ah, mind to help?’ asked Jihyun taking Gayoon out of her thoughts.

‘Sure’ the latter replied and started organizing the groceries.

‘What do you think she’ll do?’ Jihyun was putting a box of cereal on a ledge when she asked this.

‘I have no idea…but I’m a bit afraid that she might do something too risky…’ answered Gayoon speaking her mind. Jihyun nodded.

‘Do you think she’ll succeed?’

‘I hope so…’ Gayoon turned around and found her leader staring at her with a concerned expression. ‘If not, then we’ll have to deal with a crazier Jiyoon’

Both unnies giggled at the comment and as they finished organizing, they went to the living room.

‘Unnie, I let you use my iPad if you tell me’ Sohyun said pointing at the machine involved.

Jiyoon barely glance at it and returned her eyes to the screen in front of her. ‘I can use your iPad anytime I want, that’s not a good offer’ Maknae pouted.

‘Unnie, I’ll cook you for a week if you tell me’ Hyuna said in her usual cute/whiny voice. Jiyoon smiled but didn’t move her eyes from the TV.

‘Keep talking…’

‘I’ll prepare your favorite dishes’ said Hyuna with a big smile on her face.

‘Ani! That’s not fair!’ whined Sohyun frowning and crossing her arms. Hyuna stuck out her tongue.

Jiyoon chuckled. ‘Hyuna’s offer is very tempting but, I’m still not telling you’

‘Unnie~!’ both maknaes complained at this.

Gayoon’s laugh resounded in the living room. The three maknaes turned around.

‘Are you really trying to buy that information?’ she said scoffing. ‘There are better ways to make Jiyoon to tell us her plans…’

A mischievous smile grew in Gayoon’s face as she was getting near Jiyoon. The charismatic girl startled and started to move away from Gayoon almost in fear.

‘No, no, no, no’ Jiyoon said as she was anticipating anything Gayoon wanted to do.

‘No, what? I haven’t done anything…yet…’ Gayoon jumped to Jiyoon before she could react and started to tickle her.

Jiyoon twisted and rolled over her body laughing nonstop. All four girls started to tickle Jiyoon until she couldn’t breathe anymore.

‘I’m still not telling you’ managed to say Jiyoon breathing heavily after her band mates stopped the tickle attack.

‘Yah! You want another round of tickles?’ Jihyun threatened but she giggled at the end. Jiyoon laughed amused but didn’t say anything.

‘Unnie, do you think it’ll work? That thing you’re planning to do, I mean’ asked Sohyun also breathing heavily.

Jiyoon thought about it for a second before reply. ‘I hope so…’ she stretched her arms. ‘If not…with all the pain in my heart, I’ll move on…’

Gayoon remained silent at her friend’s words. She could imagine Jiyoon swallowing hard and tightening her jaw whenever the word “love” comes into picture. She could picture her friend trying to not look at the rest of her members with their boyfriends… ‘Jiyoonie have to succeed!!’  she suddenly screamed in her head. ‘Junhyung, this is your last chance!’

---

Two days after…

Junhyung POV

‘Why is Jiyoonie not coming to talk to me?’I asked myself after waiting for her for two days. ‘Did she decide not to?’

I was in the practice room with the guys; we were resting after we rehearsed the same songs at least 10 times. I was so tired…emotionally and physically… I needed some air so I got on my feet and walked out the room.

When I stepped out, I saw Jiyoonie entering the practice room that was across the hall. She didn’t see me though. I had the urge to go to her and hug her and tell her that I forgive her… but my shoes were stuck on the floor. I didn’t move, I simply saw her from afar… I saw how she was smiling and playing with Sohyun and Hyuna like she always do…

‘Jiyoon-ah…look at me…’  I begged in my head, but she didn’t turn to my side…

I felt a sudden sadness… I started to think that I should be the one going to talk to her but then, my pride got over me again. I shook my head.

‘Ani! She has to apologize!’  I said to myself decided to wait for her…

I dragged my feet towards the resting area that was casually diagonal to her practice room. I sat on one of the sofas facing the door of the room that was already closed…

I watched intensively to the only window that has the door. I saw all of them playing around a bit and then, Hyuna sat on the floor and started stretching her legs. Jiyoon followed and then the others. I was watching at her back so I moved my eyes to the reflexion in the mirror. She was concentrated on her legs so I couldn’t see her face, but then, as if she knew someone was looking at her, she raised her head and looked at the door’s window. My heart skipped a beat, but apparently, she didn’t see me, because immediately, I saw her shaking her head with an expression of “I should have imagined it” and then, she went back to the stretch of her legs.

I sighed almost relief.

‘Why am I relief that she didn’t see me?’

Maybe I’m scared of the encounter…maybe I’m scared that she sees that I’m actually dying to talk to her, or maybe I’m scared that she realizes that what is left of my so called pride is really small…

I’m so about to get up this chair and open that door calling her name…or run like a desperate guy and hug her like if there were no tomorrow…

Well, I have to admit that those are only thoughts ‘cause I’m still sitting here watching her from outside…

‘Hyung, time to practice’ Dongwoon-hyung’s voice brought me back to reality.

‘Ok…’ I mumbled and got up the couch. When I passed near the door, I peeked one last time through the window and this time, I found Jiyoon looking! I immediately looked away and started walking faster. I was panicking!

‘, she saw me!’  I screamed inside my head while I almost ran to the practice room.

‘Hyung, wait!’ I heard Dongwoon-hyung behind me. I ignored him and keep running/walking. I heard a door opening in the distance and immediately rushed inside the room.

My heart was beating really fast, and it wasn’t because of the running.

‘Why am I running away? Didn’t I want to talk to her again?’

I let myself fall onto the floor and started stretching to distract my members and avoid questions I don’t want to answer…

‘Yah! Hyung, why did you run that way?’ maknae complained entering the room with his eyebrows almost touching.

‘I needed to warm up a bit, seating in that couch was not the best idea’ I said making up an excuse. He remained silent glaring me one last time and then, he started to stretch his arms.

‘Hyung, did you see 4minute?’ Yoseobie asked smiling like he always do when he remembers his girlfriend.

I froze…

‘No, I didn’t see them…’ I said looking away.

‘Oh…’ he let out disappointed.

‘I’m sorry Seobie, but I don’t you to start asking me questions about Jiyoon again…’

Flashback

‘Hyung, what’s with Jiyoonie and you lately?’ asked Kikwang-hyung with a concerned expression entering the living room.

‘What do you mean?’ I panicked a little but I didn’t show it.

‘Did you two fight or something?’ this time was Seobie that was asking.

I frowned. ‘What’s up with the questions about Jiyoonie?’

‘Tell us the truth’ demanded Seobie.

‘About what?!’ I asked almost shouting. I knew what they were talking about, but I was playing dumb.

‘About what happened between you two!’ Seobie shouted getting desperate.

Kikwangie crossed his arms and he lifted an eyebrow. ‘Did you know that she broke up with Sungkyu?’

That was it, I got pissed.

‘Yeah, I knew about it, so what?!’

Seobie looked surprised. ‘Why aren’t you with her right now?’ I looked away.

There was a short silence…

‘Didn’t you know she locked herself in her room for two days?’ my muscular friend said in low voice. I looked at him in the eyes trying to find if it was a lie. He was serious…

Who was I kidding? Kwangie doesn’t know how to lie…

My heart shrank a little. I looked down and remained silent.

‘She was in pain and you weren’t with her!’ he continued. ‘She needed you the most and you weren’t there…’

I felt like crying that moment. I swallowed my sadness and frowned. ‘Stop it! I didn’t know she had locked herself for two days in her room, I found out today that she broke up with the guy, so stop judging me!’

‘That’s why we’re asking, hyung!’ said Seobie more worried than angry. ‘Why didn’t you know all that and we do?’

I got silent for a moment.

‘I don’t want to talk about it’ I finally said looking at the floor.

‘Hyung, why are you hiding things from us?’ Seobie pouted. ‘Don’t you trust us anymore…?’

‘Don’t be silly, of course I trust you, is just…’ I hesitated. ‘Is difficult for me to talk about it…’

‘Why?’

‘Because…it hurts…’ I said feeling my voice cracking a bit at the end.

Seobie put a hand on my shoulder. ‘Hyung…’

‘What happened?’ asked Kikwangie with a soft voice.

I took a big inhale before replying. ‘She…’ I hesitated. ‘She…’

‘She, what?’

‘She tried to kiss me…’ I said almost in a whisper.

‘WHAT??!!’ my two friends exclaimed. I startled.

Kikwangie lifted his arms in the air. ‘How on earth is that hurtful?’

Seobie laughed wickedly. ‘Did she bit you?’

‘What? NO!’ I didn’t know how to explain the situation. ‘Is not like that’

‘Then how is it?’ Dongwoon’s head appeared suddenly behind a wall.

‘YAH!’ I pointed a finger to him. ‘You were listening?’

‘I was in the other room the whole time, hyung. Didn’t you know it?’ he said shrugging. ‘You guys speak loud enough for me to hear everything’

‘Hyung! Focus on the story!’ Seobie moved his arms in front of me. ‘Why it was hurtful that she kissed you?’

‘She TRIED to kiss me’ I corrected him, ‘before she broke up with Sungkyu…’

‘So?’ asked Kikwang lifting an eyebrow. I stared at him in disbelief.

‘I’m with him’ Dongwoon tilted his head to Kikwangs direction, ‘what does that has to do with you being hurt’

I shook my head. ‘Don’t you see it?’

Both shook their heads. I sighed.

‘I’m not her toy!’

‘Oh, come on! Stop being such a puss’ Doojoon’s voice came from behind me. I got surprised and turned around. He continued talking. ‘The girl you love comes to kiss you and you’re hurt?’

I moved my head getting desperate. ‘You don’t understand, I want something serious with her’

‘Who says she doesn’t?’ said Doojoon-hyung shrugging.

I remained silent. ‘Well, they have a point…’

‘At least you kiss her?’ this time Hyunseung-hyung entered the conversation.

I felt their stares on me… ‘No…’ I said lowering my head.

‘Idiot!’ exclaimed Seobie throwing his arms in the air.

I got annoyed. ‘I know, ok?! I know I’m an idiot! I know I blew it! But is only now that I think she might like me as I like her…I didn’t know that when it happens…’

Dongwoon smirked. ‘What?’

‘You realize that now?’ Kikwangie was almost in shock. ‘Really?’

‘Huh?’ I got surprised. ‘What do you mean? Did you know something?’

‘Well, it wasn’t that we knew it but it was pretty obvious’ Seobie explained.

I frowned. ‘It wasn’t obvious, I didn’t know!’

Doojoon-hyung scoffed. ‘That’s because you’re an idiot’

End Flashback

‘Hyung, someone is looking for you…’ Doojoon’s voice brought me back to the world. I looked up and saw him moving his head a little pointing at the door. I turned around and saw Jiyoonie standing by the door. My heart fell down to my feet. I felt a cold breeze going down my spine. ‘Go talk to her…’ my leader said patting my shoulder.

I gulped and then, I started to move hesitantly. I stood up almost stumbling with my own feet and barely getting to the door.

‘Hey…’ she said forcing a smile when I was in front of her.

‘Hey…’ I replied moving my head a little but avoiding her eyes.

‘Listen… do you have time this afternoon?’ she asked straightforwardly.

Her voice was soft and calmed. I met her eyes for a brief moment.

‘Why?’ I asked trying to look cool.

‘I need to tell you something’ she simply said.

I nodded silently.

‘Good, see you later then’ she said biding goodbye. I moved my hand in the air too while I watched her figure disappear in the distance…

End POV

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Continue...