13

I think I love you

 

‘Huyng!’ called Kikwang when he saw Yoseob in the crowd. ‘Where were you?’ he asked getting closer, but then, Hyuna, that was standing next to him, and himself spotted a familiar face, Gayoon.

‘Hey! How are you guys?’ Yoseob asked happily, but got no response from his friends because both were paralyzed looking at his and Gayoon’s hands intimately entwine.

‘What-… You-…’ started Kikwang but couldn’t find the words.

‘Unnie…?’ was the only thing Hyuna could manage to mumble.

‘Surprise!’ shouted the baby face boy raising his and his new girlfriend hand.

‘When did this happen?’ asked Kikwang with wide open eyes and making a circle in the air in front of the couple.

‘About half an hour’ answered Gayoon smiling shyly.

‘Oh My Gosh! Congratulations!’ Hyuna and Kikwang jumped and hugged the new couple.

‘Thanks’ replied the couple snickering.

‘Hey, have you seen Junhyung?’ suddenly asked Kikwang.

‘And Jiyoon?’ asked Hyuna too.

‘Yeah, we met there in the elevator’ replied Gayoon waving her hand.

‘Really? So they are together too?’ Kikwang was really excited about it.

‘No, they said they aren’t official yet’ Yoseob dismissed the comment with a hand. Kikwang pouted.

‘But something happened then’ said Hyuna with hope in her voice.

‘We don’t know’ said Yoseob shrugging. ‘It didn’t seem like something like that happened’ Gayoon nodded at this.

‘Then we have to make it happen’ declared the pretty face boy with a fist on the air.

‘I don’t think is a good idea…’ the fashion girl said grimly.

‘Huh? Why not?’ wanted to know the cute rapper.

‘When Yoseob asked them if they were official, a tense atmosphere fell over them…’ started the girl, ‘so maybe something did happen, but not what we thought…’

‘Look…’ Yoseob pointed at two directions.

Jiyoon and Jihyun, were chatting happily in one corner and Hyunseung and Junhyung were at the other corner chatting too, but they seemed a little sad and distant.  

‘Definitely something happenned…’ said Kikwang analyzing the situation.

‘Yeah… is so strange to see them apart’ Hyuna said and the other three nodded.

‘Do you know if Jiyoon have feelings for Junhyung?’ Yoseob asked his girlfriend. She shook her head.

‘She was always reluctant to answer that specific question’

‘Yeah, last time we ask, she said she didn’t know if she had feelings for him or not’ said Hyuna looking at Jiyoon’s direction with anxiety.

‘Well, apparently not…’ Kikwang was evidently sad about it.

‘Yeah…, but feelings can change, right?’ said Yoseob smiling at his girlfriend.

‘Right’ the girl replied smiling but blushing a little.

‘Well, let’s hope everything end up fine’ commented Kikwang ignoring the happy couple. Hyuna agreed with him.

‘Hey, have you seen Dongwoon and Sohyun?’ Yoseob asked looking around the crowd of people in the room. Hyuna and Kikwang shook their heads.

‘Maybe they are making out like you two were’ Hyuna teased and Kikwang laughed. The couple felt embarrassed.

‘Maybe’ Yoseob smirked still feeling embarrassed.

---

At the one corner of the room

‘Hi oppa’ greeted the girl approaching her friends.

‘Hi Jiyoon-nie’ the boy greeted back.

‘Hyung!’ a cool voice called from the distance. Hyunseung looked up and found Junhyung making signs to him.

‘Oh, sorry girls, but Junhyung-hyung needs me. Bye’ Hyunseung left waving his hand.

‘Bye’ the girls waved their hands too.

‘Where were you?’ asked Jihyun at Jiyoon when Hyunseung disappeared from the view.

‘Bath-… Nowhere…, I went to see what was up with Junhyung-oppa’ replied the charisma girl avoiding lying to her friend.

‘Huh?’ the leader of 4minute was confused.

‘Never mind… I’ll tell you later’ dismissed Jiyoon with her hand.

‘You tell me what later? Are you feeling alright?’ Jihyun was really confused.

‘Don’t worry, I’ll be fine…’ started Jiyoon in her usual easygoing tone. ‘So, I saw you with Hyunseung-oppa…’ smirked the girl changing the topic.

‘Yah! I thought you had left’

‘I did, but I’m not blind. I saw Hyunseung-oppa moving to your direction the moment I left’ clarify the charisma girl with a wide smile.

‘He saw me alone so he made me company while you came back’ defended Jihyun.

‘Yeah right…’ mocked Jiyoon. ‘Hyunseung-oppa must be thanking me right now’

‘Huh? Why?’ the leader was clueless about what Jiyoon was trying to say.

‘Never mind my dearest leader’ the charisma girl hugged her friend.

‘You really feel alright?’ Jihyun released herself from Jiyoon’s arms and put a hand on her forehead.

‘Sure, I’m fine’ the charisma girl moved her head away of her leader’s hand. ‘Hey, didn’t you notice yet?’

‘What?’

‘Look’ Jiyoon pointed at where Yoseob, Gayoon, Kikwang and Hyuna were talking.

Jihyun choked a scream and covered . Jiyoon nodded smirking. Yoseob and Gayoon were holding hands.

‘When did that happen?’ asked Jihyun surprised.

‘Just now, I think’

‘Wow…’ expressed the leader. ‘They look good together’

‘Yeah…’ Jiyoon felt a little sad though. She wasn’t sure about the reason, but she decided not to give it much importance.

---

At the other corner of the room

‘Hyung, where were you?’ Hyunseung asked the rapper.

‘I wanted some time alone…’

‘You didn’t have it from what I see’ pointed the eye liner addict.

‘Yeah, I found those two turtledoves instead…’ Junhyung pointed Gayoon and Yoseob that were holding hands and talking happily with Hyuna and Kikwang.

‘OMO!’ Hyunseung covered his mouth.

‘I know… How weird is that?’

‘They look good together though’

‘Yeah…’ Junhyung felt a little pain in his chest watching the happy couple. He knew exactly why he was feeling that way. He sighed and decided not to ruin his night about it…

---

The next day

4minute’s dorm

‘Morning girls’ yawned Gayoon entering the kitchen.

‘Morning’ answered the girls at unison.

‘You slept well?’ grinned Jiyoon.

Gayoon turned her head and stuck her tongue to her friend. Jiyoon laughed.

‘Of course she slept well, she has a boyfriend now’ said Hyuna smiling.

‘What?’ Sohyun almost choked with the coffee. ‘Unnie has a boyfriend?’

Four girls laughed at the maknae.

‘Where were you last night?’ asked Jiyoon between laughs.

‘Playing X-BOX with Dongwoon-oppa’ answered the girl innocently.

‘Oh, that explains everything’ Hyuna said with a tone a little suspicious.

‘Huh?’ Sohyun was lost. Hyuna moved her hand at friend’s words. ‘Unnie, who is your boyfriend?’

Gayoon blushed a little and smiling looked away. ‘Yoseob…’ she said feeling embarrassed.

‘OMO!’ the maknae covered . The others laughed.

‘Our girl is growing’ said Jiyoon moving next to Jihyun. Both looked proudly at Gayoon and faked catching a tear on their eyes. Gayoon glared them a little amused and the two maknaes laughed really hard.

‘You all must stop teasing me and hurry up and get your own boyfriends’ replied the fashion girl a little annoyed.

‘Is not that easy’ Jihyun said stopping the act and finishing her pancakes. The others nodded.

‘Gayoon-nie sit and tell us every little dirty detail about last night with Seobie’ Hyuna patted a chair next to her. Gayoon sighed defeated. ‘Come come’ she insisted and eventually Gayoon sat down.

The girl told her friends everything about the gift and how he had pulled her for a kiss after receiving it. 4minute enjoyed every moment of the story.

‘Seobie is so romantic!’ exclaimed Jiyoon hugging her own arms. Sohyun and Hyuna followed and Jihyun laughed at her dorky friends.

‘The truth is that I never imagined I would feel this way about him’ confessed Gayoon.

‘But you kinda liked him from before, right?’ Hyuna said.

‘Kinda…, but he was always teasing me so I got annoyed easily’

‘He only did that because he wanted your attention, you know?’ Jiyoon put a hand on her friend’s shoulder.

‘Yeah, he told me that last night’ Gayoon smiled shyly at the memory.

‘You’re happy, huh?’ Hyuna whispered smirking.

‘Very much…’ Gayoon sighed and covered her face feeling embarrassed.

‘WAA~!’ the 4minute girls spazzed and hugged their friend.

---

Same morning

Beast’s dorm

‘Good morning!’ shouted Yoseob entering the kitchen.

‘Morning’ murmured five guys.

‘Hyung, we all know you have a girlfriend now, you’re hyper than normal, chill out a little’ complained Doojoon.

‘What?’ Dongwoon’s eyes grew at the news. ‘You have a girlfriend? Who? When? Where? How did that happen?’

‘You didn’t know?’ Kikwang asked surprised. Dongwoon shook his head.

‘Where were you last night?’ Hyunseung asked amused.

‘Playing X-BOX with Sohyun’ the maknae replied innocently.

‘That explains a lot…’ Junhyung said under his breath.

‘Huh?’ Dongwoon was confused.

‘Never mind…, the thing is, Seobie here and Gayoon-nie are a couple now’ the rapper said pointing at Yoseob.

‘Whut? Are you serious?’ the baby face boy nodded energetically.

‘Congrats man!’ both maknaes hugged each other. Suddenly, a phone rang.

‘It’s for me!’ Yoseob broke the hug and went running to the room to pick up. ‘Hi baby!’ he said and disappeared inside the room. The other Beast members sighed smiling and continue eating their breakfast.

 ---

Did you decipher the message already? texted Doojoon at Jihyun while he took a sip of his coffee.

Almost… Hey, the date is my birthday? she replied.

No

Yah! Im tired of looking at this screen trying to decipher your famous code, tell me already Doojoon laughed at the silliness of the girl he liked.

Ill give you another hint. The date was a very special day (for me). Not my debut

And how am I supposed to know that? Jihyun answered immediately.

Doojoon felt surprised at her response. ‘Didnt she remember that day as I do?

Ash! It hurts that you dont remember think about it…’

Am I reading the signals in a wrong way?’ he thought concerned about it. He took another sip of his drink.

Fine…’ the girl simply answered. He sighed preoccupied leaving his phone on the table.

---

Why is he so secretive about this special date?’ Jihyun thought putting down her mobile.

‘Hey, you have something to tell us’ suddenly Hyuna said pointing at Jiyoon.

‘Huh?’ the girl faked a questioning look.

‘Yeah, don’t make that face that you know perfectly of what I am talking about’

‘Aish, fine, fine…’ the girls gathered around the charisma girl.

Jiyoon related the events that took place two nights ago in the room Junhyung like, and then what had happened the previous day before the concert and after it. The girls listened attentively spazzing at the right moments and making concerned faces in the others. When she finished, Jiyoon felt like a heavy weight fell from her shoulders.

‘And how do you feel about him?’ Gayoon asked putting a hand on Jiyoon’s leg.

‘I… I don’t know…, I mean, I like him but I think not in the way he would like to’ the girls nodded understanding exactly what she meant.

‘If Yoseob and I had never interrupted you two that day, what do you think what would had happened?’

‘I have no idea…, I mean, that moment was so strange… and he said that so abruptly that I wasn’t thinking too well at that moment…’ the girls nodded again.

‘So you’re saying that may be a kiss could have happened…’ Gayoon asked tentatively.

‘May be… but it probably had ruined everything between us…’ replied Jiyoon really thinking about it.

‘Why?’ wanted to know the maknae.

‘Because I don’t feel that way towards him’

‘I see…’ Hyuna said half nodding.

‘Guys, I don’t want to force anything between us just to give him an answer’ said Jiyoon almost desperately.

‘We know. We understand that… The love have to grow…’ Sohyun said most to herself than anyone.

‘Yeah…’ Jihyun whispered.

Apparently all the girls except Gayoon felt like that somehow.

‘Give it time, maybe in a couple of months you’ll be so in love with him that you could barely breath without him’ said Hyuna smiling sincerely at her friend.

‘Huh? Is that how you feel about Kikwang?’ Jiyoon .

‘Yah! Who says that?’ the rapper shouted and the others laughed.

‘Is too obvious! But don’t worry, I’m sure he is in love with you too’ Jiyoon said between laughs. Hyuna blushed and hit softly at her unnie’s arm.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello guys! Sorry if this chapter don't have too much intersting things but I have to connect some strings before continuing with Junhyung and Jiyoon story, first I have to finish a couple of events with the other characters... hope you understand.

Please, leave comments or any constructive criticism ^^

Thank you for reading

Have a nice afternoon