The Creaking Basement

The Dark Is Dangerous, Leave and Keep Shining

Min POV

 I ran all the way to work, half because I was already late, the other half was because when Myungsoo gave me his jacket, I felt so warm, my face must have been so red. I think I left before he saw it. But even running I barely got to work on time. The place I work…I hate it so much…I work for a company that produces music idols.

I walked to my usual post, through the front door, up to the 8th floor, to the room at the end of the hall, down the wooden creaking steps to the basement. I saw a note on my desk—Infinite today. Great, I have to compose another song, dance, and music video. At least it’s only one band…

I’m not an ordinary worker in this company of sparking idols. When I was young, about  5, our family was troubled. My parents fought over money all the time, father was always drunk, mother was always out of the house. But when they saw that I had the talent to sing, dance, and compose, I was sold to this company by my father. The company boss took me inside her office and my father left with a suitcase. He didn’t even look back.

That was the last time I saw him.

Well I gotta get to work then. Hmm let’s start planning it out. Infinite usually has upbeat songs for promoting. I wrote the members names out on my paper. “Sunggyu…Sungyeol…Sungjong…Woohyun…Hoya...Dongwoo…” Then I smiled “Hmm…Myungsoo huh.” But he can’t know what I do here. How am I going to get around that, especially since I have to teach them the song, the video concept, AND the dance. 

If only this comeback was last years, that time I still looked really young so the company didn’t let me out at all until this year, now that I look like an adult. They thought people would be suspicious if a little girl managed all the idol groups. Ugh!! I don’t want him to see me, but he’s coming today!! Gah!! Ok Min just calm down, deep breaths~ You can get through this!

.

.

.

Ahh! I have writers block. What am I gonna do! They’re coming today and I can’t just not have a song ready….and then the boss will come down, oh no no no no! I can’t let that happen! I put my head down on my desk. Why did I have to meet Myungsoo the other day! I whined. Is it a girls fault that she liked a cute boy and wanted him to chase after her!?!

Wait. Chase. That’s what the song will be about! The guys chase a girl who has left them. Better get writing!

 

Myungsoo POV

“So L~ Is your heart gone~?” Woohyun cooed.

“What?”

“Did she steal it from you~?”

“Gah what are you saying” I punched his arm as he laughed. All the guys started saying things like this with sparkling eyes. Ugh..

We got to the company ready to see our new song. The lady at the front desk called someone. She said,” It looks like your song isn’t quite finished yet.”

Aww I was so excited about it too… All the guys’ faces saddened a bit.

“Don’t worry hyungs, it will be done soon, let’s go practice some old songs instead.” We all looked at Sungjong agreeing.

“Ah wait,” the lady said. “It seems that the song lyrics have been completed, so you can look at them.”

“Yeah let’s go!!” Woohyun pushed us all towards the elevator. He must be really excited.

 

Min POV

“Lyrics done!” That was the fastest I’ve ever written a song, it usually takes all day, probably since it was just the lyrics and not the music. “I wonder what they’ll think of it. They better like it since I am the creator of every song they’ve promoted. Heck I even created Infinite a few years ago!”

People outside don’t know, but I’m the only real worker in this company. The majority of songs written here are from me. Most bands still working under this company were made by me. I even choose their hairstyles for each comeback! I know it sounds crazy, but I’ve been here since I was 5. 15 years is a long time. Songs keep getting made, bands keep debuting, and I’m in charge of it all in my small basement. "It sounds sad when I think about like this, but I actually enjoy my job...…just a little."

“But I still can’t face Myungsoo; I’ll just put the lyric sheets in their practice room and come back to make the dance.”

I went up the stairs, to the elevator. “Hmm need to go to the 10th floor. As I looked over the lyrics again, the elevator doors started to open. It was Infinite.

-------

Well this chapter was more of a back drop for Min's life. Not much fun stuff... But It'll start getting more interesting in the next chapter! I mean she already saw them at the elevator, what will she do next??

Oh and a big thank you to my two subscribers! You made me all happy!! Along with NU'EST's new teaser for Action, gah >_< I can't wait for their new song!