Is It...

The Dark Is Dangerous, Leave and Keep Shining

Min POV

I got to the basement as usual. I don’t see Infinite anymore and just keeping working as if I never met them. I used to see them sometimes in the morning, but now I’ve started going earlier and avoiding them. At first they called me a lot. I never picked up. I listened to all their messages- Are you okay? Are you really busy? Is something wrong? Talk to us. They would all call, but they stopped slowly. It’s been six months since Sunggyu said he would help me. I kind of hoped he would, but it seems like he couldn’t find a way or maybe he changed his mind and I’m okay with that. He should keep shining with Infinite on stage. I watch all their performances online, I want to see them as always, but I won’t turn back now.

I started getting to work on a new band’s debut. This one will be a little dark, sad, but beautiful. I looked at the trainee list, picking out the ones who would be in the band. This one and that one and… I need to perk up!! Or maybe I should stay down, this is a sad band…being made by a sad person with a sad life. I got up annoyed with myself. Why do I always think like this!! My life isn’t sad, it’s great! I’m just lying to myself now…

I heard a noise up stairs. I wonder what all that racket is, it’s annoying!! I went upstairs, opening the door. There was no one there. Maybe I’m just imagining things now. Great I’m sad and delusional. I went back to work. 10 minutes passed and there was a scream from upstairs. What is going on!! I went out and walked down the hall, looking around.

There was nothing here, but I kept hearing screams. I followed the noise, when two big guys dressed in black saw me from across the hall. They ran to, I instinctively ran away. They were fast, yelling Stop! I kept running, evading through the fire escape. I ran down all the flights to the main hall of the company. There were guys in black everywhere and employees with scared looks on their faces. Is there a serial killer in here or something!? Did some mafia come here!?

As I thought, the two who had chased me grabbed my arms from behind. I struggled, but others came to help them, holding me down on the floor.

“Does it really take six of you people to hold one weak girl down?” I asked sarcastically.

“Miss we told you to stop! Now hold her still.” One of the men bent down and looked at my face, then took out a photo.

“It’s her.” They nodded and agreed amongst themselves. What is happening right now!?!

“Miss, are you injured?” He asked.

“What?! Let go of me.” I squirmed under their grasps.

“Take her outside.” They stood me up, making sure to keep a hold on me. We got outside. I saw a sight I never thought I would see. The boss was in handcuffs. She glared at me. What is this? Tons of employees were talking to the men dressed in black. I saw one had a badge reading FBI. The FBI!? One of the men came over to me.

“Are you Min-shi?” I nodded. “Let her go.” The men let go of me.

“We’ve shut this place down due to information about a girl locked up her for the past years being used as a slave and being beat violently.” He calmly said all this, I felt like I was going to faint hearing this suddenly.

“W-Who told you?”

“You can meet them later, for now please answer some questions for us.” I nodded.

“How long have you been here for?”

“Over 15 years.”

“Where do you live?”

“For about 13 years at the company in a basement and then at a small house for the other two or so.”

“What do you do here?”

“I make songs, dances, music videos. I teach bands these things. I’m a composer, teacher, and worker here.”

“Have you ever been hurt physically or mentally?”

“I-I have been brutally beaten many times.” I managed to utter.

“There’s more than just that simple sentence, right?” Tears welled up in my eyes.

“Of course.”

“That’s good for now. You can meet the people who tipped us off about this now.” He pointed to a group of people behind police tape. I recognized them very well, they were all crying as hard as I was. I ran to them as fast as I could.

“Min-ah!!!!” They all screamed hugging me. It was my friends, Infinite.

“Min-ah!!” Dongwoo grabbed me. “I’m sorry! I never knew anything!!” He clutched me in his arms.

I looked at them all, everyone was crying.

“Why didn’t you tell us?” Myungsoo came to me tears running down his face. He hugged me. “I could have done something.”

I was so taken aback by the situation. I didn’t know what to say as they all asked questions like these, I just hugged them all as tight as I could.

--------

Min has been saved. How will her story end? Find out in the next chapter.

As you may have realized the next chapter will be the final one. I won't upload it until I write the foreword to my next story, which I hope all of you wil read. It might not have Infinite in it, but I hope you Infinite lovers will still come read it for the story.

Thank you all for reading, commenting, and subscribing so far. I only created this story less than two weeks ago and it's already over. I'm sure you recent subscribers are thinking WHAT!? it's almost done!?

I plan to update the last chapter sometime tomorrow, please anticipate the ending! ^__^ Geez I feel like crying...