A Sad Confession

The Dark Is Dangerous, Leave and Keep Shining

Min POV

“This first game is a team game!” Sungjong told us. Myungsoo snuck up and took my hand. “No no no!” Sungjong hit Myungsoo away. “We’re drawing lots for partners!” Everyone picked a piece of colored paper to decide their partners. I got blue, who else got blue? I looked to see Sunggyu next to me.

“I guess we’re partners then,” he smiled. The other teams were Dongwoo and Woohyun together, and Myungsoo, Hoya, and Sungjong as a .

“Ok the first game is fun and easy. You and your partner have to tie one leg together, go to the other end of the room to get a paper hint, saying a location of a secret object that you have to find and bring back here. That’s not too hard right?”

“I’ll let you all know; I’m very competitive and will push you all out of the way to win!” I said as Sunggyu tied our ankles together.

“Don’t think we’ll be going easy either!” Dongwoo yelled back.

“On your mark, get set, go!” We all ran to the hint papers. Me and Sunggyu were a good team, but the were having trouble. Our note read, Something really yummy.

“What kind of vague hint is this Sungjong!?!” I heard him laugh. Me and Sunggyu went to the kitchen naturally, but there was nothing especially yummy.

“Oh I know!” Sunggyu pulled me to Woohyun’s room and looked under the bed. There was a bunch of snacks. “It’s this one!”

“What!? That one doesn’t look yummy at all! It has to be this one!”

“What are you talking about!? How can it be that one!” In the end we picked a random one and dashed back out. “We have it!” Everyone was already done though.

“Sorry, but you guys lost~” Sungjong laughed. He handed us everyone else’s hints, they were Bring a notebook and Get a glass of water.

“What’s with these hints Sungjong!?! You obviously sabotaged us!”

“Sorry Noona, but you just happened to pick that one up. Ok! Game 2, is another team game, we’re re-picking teams so it won’t be unfair.” This time I was with Woohyun. “For this next game we have to draw a picture in 15 seconds and your partner has to guess it perfectly to win.”

“What that’s so easy!?” Dongwoo yelled.

“I wouldn’t be so sure about that.” Sungjong had an evil smile. “15 seconds start!”

Woohyun started drawing and held the paper up. “What the heck is that thing!?! It looks like a monster!”

“Min-ah hurry and guess!”

“Umm… a cow?” Woohyun looked disappointed.

“Ooo too bad~ It was actually a vampire cow on mars.”

“…Really Sungjong…really…” We all had a good laugh.

“Ok the last game is one someone will really like! You have to pick up your partner for the longest time, if you drop them or they fall you lose, the winner gets a special prize!” We re-picked partners. This time I was with Myungsoo. Oh gosh.

He picked me up in his arms. He seemed to do it so easily. He looked at me with a winning smiling. Gah! Why do you have to smile like that right now!!

 

Myungsoo POV

YES!!! Thank you Sungjong!!! I picked Min up, unsurprisingly she doesn’t weigh much. I looked at her; she blushed and awkwardly looked away. Hehe so cute.

Sunggyu and Dongwoo fell first, losing. It was just us and Woohyun with Hoya. (Sungjong sat this game out.)

Hoya started to struggle with carrying Woohyun. “Just a little longer Hoya!” Woohyun tried encouraging him.

“Ah stop moving around!!” He yelled as they both fell.

“The L and Min team has won!” Sungjong cheered. “……You can let her go now L.”

“But I don’t wanna~” I hugged her closer.

“Myungsoo!” She squirmed. Hehe I have to enjoy this while it lasts! Then Sunggyu came…

 

Min POV

Sunggyu walked up taking me from Myungsoo’s arms into his own! Gah!!

“You shouldn’t make a lady wait.” He teased Myungsoo. He put me down smiling.

Why are you two so embarrassing today?! I blushed. Myungsoo looked mad, glaring at Sunggyu.

“…Ok then, here is your prize, he handed me a big box.” I opened it. It was a cake. I looked up.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!”

 

Sunggyu POV

She looked so surprised. We all sang the Happy Birthday song to her. At the end she grabbed Hoya, hiding behind him. Is something wrong? There was a silence.

From behind him she said, “Thank you so much for today, I’ll never forget it.” Her voice sounded weird.

I moved Hoya away. She was crying. “Min-ah why are you crying…” we all asked.

“I…I’ve never celebrated my birthday with anyone for as long as I can remember… no one has ever wished me a happy birthday even… for you to all do this…” She was crying so hard. Myungsoo pulled her into his chest.

“Don’t cry, we’re here for you now, sorry we took so long to meet you.” She just silently cried her eyes out.

To never have been wished a happy birthday…to not know how to accept kindness…what kind of life has she lived…?

-----

Aww Min's sad confession...

Please keep commenting, subscribing, and reading as always!