Why Did I Say That!?!

The Dark Is Dangerous, Leave and Keep Shining

Min POV

“Min-ah, I want to date.” I blushed at his sudden confession. I knew he liked me, but I didn’t think he would say something like that.

“I can’t...” He stared directly into my eyes.

“…You can’t? Or you don’t want too?” His expression deflated.

“I’m sorry Myungsoo, I really can’t.”

“Why… do you like… never mind.” He walked out of the store. I went after him, but the clerk stopped me, “You have to pay for that!” I still had the necklace on; I took it off and ran after him. By the time I got outside, he was nowhere to be found in the crowd of people.

 

Myungsoo POV

“I can’t believe I just did that…” I walked on the streets. I stopped and went behind a building.

Don’t cry Myungsoo…don’t cry… there are still people around. If anyone recognizes you, they’ll all just take photos. You don’t feel sad at all, I told myself. She didn’t say she didn’t want to date you nor that she liked Sunggyu Hyung. So why are you feeling like your heart’s been crushed?

 

Min POV

Where did he go? I looked around. I rushed through the crowd, no idea which way he even went.

I looked for hours until it got dark. Why did I have to say it like that!? I yelled at myself. I should have never gotten involved with him in the first place. I knew I would only cause him pain. He must be so hurt right now… I remembered the look he had when he left the shop. I don’t want to see him ever make that face again.

 

Sunggyu POV

“Where did they go?” Woohyun and I lost them. I saw L leave and Min run after him. What happened?

“Hyung isn’t that Min-ah right there?” Woohyun pointed to a girl sitting on the sidewalk. It was her. She’s still out here in the dark?

Woohyun poked her shoulder. “Min-ah?” She looked upset. “What’s wrong Min-ah?”

“Everything.” She looked so depressed.

“What happened?” Woohyun asked.

“I think I just ruined my friendship with Myungsoo.”

“How?”

“He asked me if I wanted to date and I think you can guess what happened…” She put her head in her hands. She actually said no to L. I wonder how he’s taking it; he’s never asked a girl out before.

“Min-ah get up, it’s already past 9, sitting here won’t do anything.” I grabbed her shoulders, pulling her up.

“But what if Myungsoo never talks to me again… I never said I didn’t like him…” So she does have feelings for him.

“Well do you like him?” Woohyun asked as we walked home.

“I don’t know, but every time I see him smile I just want to hug him.” It sounds more like a Noona- Dongsaeng relationship.

We walked her home and then went back to our own house. L was lying on his bed, his face buried in his pillow.

“Are you okay L?”

“No. I ruined anything I had with Min-ah today.”

“What happened?” Although Woohyun and I already knew, we should hear his side and comfort him.

“I was stupid and asked her if we could date. She didn’t say that she didn’t like me, but that she couldn’t, then I ran out, I didn’t want her to see my face.” She couldn’t? What’s that supposed to mean?

“I think you’ll be fine L. If she never said she didn’t like you, you can still build your relationship.” Why am I telling L this…he just looks so pitiful?

“You really think so?”

“Yeah why not, when you fail, you get back up and try again.” He sat up. I noticed that his eyes were puffy.

“Thanks Hyung…but what do I say to her tomorrow?”

“What you always do!”

“Ok Hyung!”

--------

Aww she rejected him and Myungsoo...just aww... And Sunggyu cheering Myungsoo up even though he also likes Min unknowingly...aww

In response to hellopanda23's 'side note' question - Min has been teaching them. (dressed as Hyun Su) I must say you have a good eye for detail!! I have actually already written the answer to your question in my upcoming chapters (#30 I think?) So please wait for the answer, I don't want to spoil it!