My Lovely Dukbokki

The Dark Is Dangerous, Leave and Keep Shining

Min POV

When we got to the dukbokki stall, it was so crowded! But luckily there was still one seat open! He offered me the seat, but I told him to take it.

“I can’t let a girl stand in the cold, while I sit,” he said.

“Well I can’t let the person I’m repaying stand!”

We argued a little over who should take the seat, when he sat down. Asa! I thought. Suddenly, he pulled me by the waist, plopping me on half of the chair and with a dazzling smile said “Why don’t we just share the seat?” His face was so close, I blushed. Luckily he didn’t notice, I don’t think.

I quickly told the ajumma, “one serving of dukbokki.” She smiled and said, “You’re here again!?!” “Yup!” I’m a frequent customer here, so me and the dukbokki ajumma are friends.

As we waited for the food, he said jokingly, “Since I’ll be eating a meal with you, I should at least know your name.”

“Shouldn’t the one asking give their name first?” I also said jokingly.

“You’re right, I’m Myungsoo.” He said with a small smile. The way his eyed stared directly into mine, I slightly blushed saying my name was Min.

Then there was a long awkward silence… Ajumma, can't you hurry?! Then I noticed Myungsoo staring at me with a puzzled look on his face. It was just like the one he had before (in the snow).

“Don’t you know me?”

“No, have we met before?”

“No it’s nothing.”

Ajumma came back while the food still cooked, she said, “Is he your boyfriend?” I speedily said, “NO we just met.” Finally Ajumma gave us a bowl of steaming hot dukbokki, yum, but I saw only one toothpick to eat with. I looked at her smiling. Is she purposely trying to embarrass me right now or does she actually think he's my boyfriend?!

I looked back at him using the toothpick to eat a piece. He must be happy at least, I thought. Then a piece of dukbokki came into my line of sight. I looked at him, he was offering me a piece with the toothpick. I asked the Ajumma for another toothpick, but she just looked at Myungsoo sternly saying, “Sorry only one per customer.”

He offered me some again, this time saying, “Min-ah don’t worry I’ll feed you~” My face felt so hot. Was it because of the steam from the dukbokki or his adorable smile? I opened my mouth and he actually fed me. He was just so cute, that I fed him one too. He gladly accepted saying, “Yummy!” This went on until all of the dukbokki was gone. We left the shop. Although I was full, I kind of wanted to buy another serving.

 

Myungsoo POV

When we found the dukbokki stand, there was only one seat left. I should let her sit right? But she was being weird and argued a little giving the seat to me. It kind of bothered me, but she seemed different than the other girls I’ve met before.

Time to have fun.

I sat down, she looked relieved, I grabbed her waist, bringing her down to sit with me. She looked shocked as I gave off one of my winner smiles, “Why don’t we just share the seat?” I said. She totally blushed and got all flustered, so cute! 

While we waited, I asked, “Since I’ll be eating a meal with you, I should at least know your name.” The truth is I wanted to ask here while we were still lying in the snow a while ago.

“Shouldn’t the one asking give their name first?”

Looking into her eyes, I said, “You’re right, I’m Myungsoo.” She actually blushed a little from my gaze!

She quickly turned her attention back to the dukbokki Ajumma, but at least I know her name is Min. But wait, does she still not realize who I am!?! I even told her my name! “Don’t you know me?”

“No, have we met before?” She seriously didn’t know me!

“No, it’s nothing.” I was completely baffled…maybe I should ask if she knows the band Infinite…no no that’s too strong for a first meeting.

The Ajumma asked if we were dating, but Min-ah said no SO FAST. Can't you at least say 'he's a cute oppa I know'! We got the dukbokki, but there was only one toothpick, I can use this to my advantage. I ate a piece, and then held one up to her. She just asked for another toothpick… the Ajumma looked at me, I gave a small head shake, hoping she got my message. I heard a “Sorry only one per customer.” Kekeke thanks Ajumma. “Min-ah don’t worry I’ll feed you~” That has to work; no girl can reject that with the combo of my smile! She accepted it and even fed me some back!! Once the food was all gone we left, but I wanted to stay a little longer.

------

So how was the second chapter, more interesting that the 1st I hope.