Hmm...

The Dark Is Dangerous, Leave and Keep Shining

Min POV

What time is it? I checked my phone, it was only 5 am. My arm keeps hurting, so annoying… I guess it would have hurt more if Sunggyu didn’t take me to the doctor. Sunggyu… I’m happy to have met someone like him. I hope he doesn’t try and help me though…my darkness would take over his shining future.

Time to go to work! I pulled on a long sleeve sweater to cover my arm even though it was starting to get warmer outside. I got to work, there was another note on my desk- You stopped right? As in seeing Sunggyu? I don’t want to, but I should. I walked up to the practice room as Hyun Su.

“Morning! Today’s our last day!” I tried to seem as cheerful as I could, but I was sad that I wouldn’t be able to see them again. I don’t plan on seeing them outside of work from today on. We finished to video today.

“Hyung! We should go celebrate!!” Woohyun grabbed me by the arms. I tried not to show pain on my face, he had grabbed my wound.

“Sorry, but I’m really busy today.” I smiled.

“Ah really…but we better go out another day!” They left. Sorry Woohyun, but I definitely won’t see you dressed in this form again.

I went to the bathroom, my would had reopened a little. I washed and re-bandaged it and walked out the door. Sunggyu met me at the door.

“I saw you walk in. Is your arm ok?” he asked.

“Yeah, it’s fine.” I smiled. I didn’t want to see him. It’ll just make it harder for me when I can’t see him anymore.

“Do you wanna get something to eat?”

“Didn’t you hear me in there, I said I was busy.”

“I meant as Sunggyu and Min, not Hyun Su and the guys.” He smiled. Why do you have to smile like that.

“I’m sorry.” He frowned.

“Well it’s better that seeing you get hurt again.” He left.

I went back to the basement. There was yet another note- You’ve gotten smarter over the years. I laughed. I haven’t gotten smarter, I just care about them. Maybe that made me smarter, knowing the consequences and avoiding them.

I walked home, the snow was almost all gone.

“Min-ah!!” It was Myungsoo. I put on a smile for him.

“How have you been?” he asked with a sparkling smile.

“I’m doing well, you?”

“Just great, we finished our new song today. Are you excited?”

“Of course!” Haha I know everything about your song.

“Min you seem a little down. Are you okay?”

“Yeah, I’ve just been tired lately.”

 

Myungsoo POV

Min seems really sad. I can tell she’s faking her smile.

“Well do you wanna come over?” I asked.

“No, I think I’ll just go home for today.” She said. Something’s wrong with her. I wonder what happened.

“Ok then, I’ll see you later.” I left. I don’t know what, but something’s definitely wrong.

“So guys what do you wanna do to celebrate?” I asked Woohyun.

“I don’t know, Hyun Su Hyung couldn’t come and you said Min-ah was busy. There’s not much to do with just us besides drinking and partying.” He replied.

“Yeah we usually just sit and talk around here.” Said Sungjong.

“How about we celebrate when the song is released instead?” I suggested.

“That sounds good.” Hoya replied. Everyone sounds so tired today. Was there a big tragedy I didn’t hear about? Sunggyu seemed especially in thought.

“What are you thinking about?” I asked him.

“Something.” He replied.

“Which is what?” He seems really focused.

“I’ll tell you when I need to.” He got up and went outside. Hmm, wonder what’s bothering him.

 

Min POV

There was a knock on the door. Who could it be at this time? I opened the door, it was Sunggyu.

“Hey.” He said.

“Hey.” I replied. This is awkward…

“Can I come in?”

“Sure.” I let him in. There was a silence.

“So what brings you here?” I finally asked.

“Thinking of what to do about you.”

“I told you to do nothing.”

“But I want to keep seeing you.” He smiled.

“It’s not like I won’t ever see you again.” I lied. He’s ruining the secret goodbye I’ve been fulfilling all day.

“Really?” He smiled with big eyes. I nodded.

“Well I feel like if I go to sleep today, I won’t see you again tomorrow. Can I stay over tonight?” Although he asked confidently I could see his face turning red. Hehe so cute.

“What if I said no?” I teased.

“Then I’ll sleep outside your house, making sure I see you in the morning.”

“Ok then, see you tomorrow morning.” I smiled jokingly. He pouted walking away.

“Haha are you stupid?” I took his hand.

“You said I was occasionally.” He smiled.

“So don’t be all the time.” We laughed. I got in my bed and he lay on the floor besides it.

“Good night!” He said.

.

Ow… my arm hurts again. I got up stepping on something soft. “Ahh!!” I screamed.

“What is it!?” Sunggyu yelled.

“Oh…sorry I just forgot you were lying there.” I caught my breath.

“Well please remember the next time you step on my stomach! Why are you up anyway?”

“My arm hurts.”

“Do you need help?”

“I’ll just go re-bandage it and eat a painkiller.” I went to the bathroom and saw that my cut was turning ugly. It seemed infected. Sunggyu came in. I put my sleeve down before he could see it.

“Is everything fine?” he asked looking at my arm.

“Yup, everything’s a-ok.” I tried walking past him, hoping he didn’t notice anything.

 

Sunggyu POV

I grabbed her arm.

“There’s obviously something wrong.” I lifted her sleeve. It was infected. “Were you trying to hide this from me?”

“No, I would’ve gotten it treated in the morning.”

“So you still wouldn’t have said anything to me. You can trust me you know.”

“I trust you, this just isn’t a huge deal.”

“I wish you wouldn’t say things like that. It reminds me that you’ve been getting hurt for a long time.”

“You already know, so why hide the truth?” I pulled her close to me, looking her in the eyes.

“I’m going to try stopping it, you getting hurt and working there.” She pushed me away.

“What are you saying!?” I couldn’t tell if she was mad or afraid.

“I can’t let you stay there now that I know. To see you always full of cuts and injuries, I don’t want to see it anymore now knowing why they’re all there. I will find a way to help you.”

.

“Good morning!” Woohyun yelled as we got to the practice room. “Ah that’s right; we won’t see Hyun Su here every morning…” Our usual manager came in. We practiced like usual. What can I do to help Min?

I could go talk to the boss, but that seems like a stupid thing to do. I could get the others involved, that’s probably a bad idea too. I could tell the police, but Min says that never works… Hmmm maybe she just went about it the wrong way. I think I have an idea.

-------

What could Sunggyu be thinking?? What's he going to do??

Please continue subscribing, commenting, and reading~ ^__^