Chapter 6: Meeting Her

Opposites Attract

 

=========================================================

 

 

I already wiped the windows and the tables. The garbage bags are already at the trash bin outside. I guess I can go now. Plus my shift is almost going to end. Kyungsoo thought as he was about to go to the locker room to change his clothes but,

 

“Kyungsoo, can you please extend your working hour? The other worker won’t be able to make it tonight. I’ll just add this to your salary.” The manager said as he wrote a memo on the cupboard.

 

Kyungsoo immediately smiled and nodded. *Of course I can’t say no. And he said he’s going to add this to my salary so why not right?* He thought as he sighed. *I wish he just said this earlier.*

 

 

…..

 

 

Kyungsoo’s shift already ended.  *It’s already 11:30. How can I possibly go home alive? What if the gangsters from this morning comes again? The girl won’t be around to come and help me.* Kyungsoo thought as he arranged the chairs. Then, he went to the staff room to change his clothes.

 

While he was walking in the middle of the night, Kyungsoo was trying to be really cautious and was glancing around every time he takes a step. *Who knows, those gangsters might still be around.* He thought while trying to walk without creating a sound. He was tip toeing while looking on his sides.

 

Suddenly, it hit him. *I feel like I’m a thief. Thieves are always walking like this and glancing around. And they usually do their operations at night.* He thought as I tried to walk normally. Because if anyone sees him they might think that he’s  a thief.

 

But then as he walked on, he felt like he stepped on something.

 

“YAH!” Someone screamed.

 

Kyungsoo was startled. He slowly looked back and saw no one. *Could it possibly be.. a ghost?*

 

*No.* Kyungsoo hummed to a song to shrug off the thought of hearing a ghost earlier. His heart was still beating quickly. He closed his eyes and blew air into his bangs and breathed deeply. “No matter what, I’m going home alive.” He mumbled to himself.

 

Then, he took another step. Someone screamed again.

 

“WATCH WHERE YOU’RE STEPPING!” the voice exclaimed.

 

Kyungsoo looked back, in front and in his sides. There was no one. He couldn’t see anything because it was so dark.

 

An idea came up to him. *My cellphone. I’ll use it as a flashlight.* He thought as he took out his cellphone and pressed random keys just to have a little source of illumination.

 

That was when he saw a girl who looked badly beaten. She had a busted lip and blood all over her shirt. And it looks like she was having difficulties with breathing.

 

He hurried down to her. “Are you alright?” He asked worriedly.

 

She opened her left eye, breathed heavily and then she opened her right eye. “Are you an idiot?! You just stepped on my twice! Why would I not be okay? You want me to step on you until you die?!” She yelled right at his face.

 

Kyungsoo flinched back. *Woah. I’m trying to help her. But she just yelled at me. Unbelievable.*

 

“Leave me alone. Now.” She commanded him as she closed her eyes and tried to catch her breath.

 

*Leave her alone? At a dangerous place like this? No. Never.* He looked at her. Her face looks familiar. Awfully familiar. After a few minutes of thinking about who she is, he finally got it.

 

*She’s the girl who saved me earlier. Since she saved me, I think I have to help her.* He thought as he nodded.

 

With that, Kyungsoo tried to lift her up.

 

“Yah! Put me down! Where are you taking me?! I remember clearly telling you to leave me alone! Bird brain!” She exclaimed as she started to hit him lightly. Maybe it was because she lost all her energy.

 

Kyungsoo ignored everything that she said. “We’re going to the hospital. I can’t leave you alone like this. What if someone tries to do something bad to you? My conscience won’t be able to take it.” He said as he tried to shield himself from her attacks with his left arm while trying to lift her up.

 

She jerked Kyungsoo’s hand away. “The hell I care with your stupid conscience. And don’t ever dare try to take me to a hospital. I swear if you take me to the hospital, after I get better, I’ll definitely kill you.” She warned as she glared at him.

 

Kyungsoo froze for a few seconds. *She’s yeah…. really, really scary. Much more scarier than Mr. Yoon.* He gulped. “I-I’ll… just take you home I guess.” He muttered.

 

After hearing what he said, she loosened up, and let him carry her on his back.

 

They were about to walk away, but she suddenly tapped his shoulder. “What?” He asked.

 

“My bike.” She said like a kid while she pointed to her left.  There was a black neatly polished motorcycle.

 

Kyungsoo sighed. “I’ll get it tomorrow.” He said irritatedly. He wanted to get going since it’s getting darker than ever.

 

That’s when she wrapped her arms around his neck tightly to choke him. “I hate liars. Tomorrow. You are definitely going to get my bike. And don’t ever dare try to scratch it.” She warned him.

 

She gave Kyungsoo a defiant stare. He gulped as he nodded. “I swear. I’ll definitely get it tomorrow.” He added as he held his right hand up as a sign of a promise.

 

She gave him a last warning glare before she nodded then slowly, her eyelids closed. She fell into a deep slumber.

 

“Great. I’m the unluckiest guy on earth.” Kyungsoo mumbled sarcastically as he carried her to his house.

 

 

=============================================================