Chapter 40: Chanyeol’s Plan

Opposites Attract

=============================================================================

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo lazily tapped the tip of his pen on his notebook. He was supposed to be studying for their upcoming exams but, he was doing the exact opposite of it. He wasn’t studying or anything. Instead, he was wondering about one thing.

 

 

Why is it so hard to confess to Jung Hana?

 

 

His lips curved into a small pout when he remembered how he always failed to tell her how he really feels. There was something in her which distracts him. Something which keeps on making him lose his focus.

 

Her eyes. And her expressionless face. Kyungsoo thought with a nod. Those two are one of the main reasons why it was hard for him to confess.

 

Kyungsoo banged his head on his notebook. “This is so frustrating.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What’s wrong with him?” Baekhyun asked Chanyeol as they saw Kyungsoo banging his head on his notebook.

 

Chanyeol paused for a moment. “He’s… uh.. reviewing I guess.”

 

“Are you really his friends? Isn’t it obvious that he has a problem?” Kai butted in.

 

“I think it’s about Hana.” Baekhyun mumbled.

 

Kai turned to him. “Didn’t you know about his problem?”

 

“Problem?” Chanyeol and Baekhyun asked him in unison.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So that was his problem?” Baekhyun asked Kai. He nodded. “Well, I think I can understand him. Hana’s so intimidating after all.” Baekhyun mumbled.

 

“I think we can help him.” Chanyeol said.

 

The two turned to him. “How?”

 

Chanyeol smiled evilly. “Since he can’t confess to Hana, we’ll help him. And for sure, he’ll be able to tell her everything that he has to.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

At the car,

 

“Na eureureong eureureong eureureong dae. Na eureureong eureureong eureureong dae. Na eureureong eureureong eureureong dae.” Kyungsoo sang loudly, not caring if he was in tune or not. His cheeks were red. And he has this goofy smile plastered on his face. He was intoxicated with alcohol after all. And this was all because of his friends.

 

Baekhyun watched him sing stupidly. And he suddenly grew worried about their plan. “Are you sure about this? Chanyeol-ah, Kyungsoo’s drunk!” Baekhyun exclaimed.

 

“That’s the point. Stupid. If he’s drunk, then he’ll finally be able to tell her how he really feels!” Chanyeol answered him. “Right Kyung?” He asked.

 

Kyungsoo grinned at him. “YEAH!” He exclaimed as he raised his thumb as a sign of approval.

 

“But what if he just sleeps after arriving at his apartment?” Kai asked.

 

“He won’t do that. Kyungsoo is smart.” Chanyeol assured them.

 

“I have a feeling that he’ll hate us for this.” Baekhyun mumbled silently as he shook his head. “Just why did I agree to this stupid plan?” He added.

 

Chanyeol glared at him. “This is one of the reasons why I really hate you Baek.” Baekhyun glared back.

 

“What if he couldn’t confess to her properly since he’s so drunk?” Kai asked again,

 

Chanyeol turned to Kyungsoo. “What do you think of Jung Hana?” He asked him.

 

“I LOVE HER! SHE’S THE BEST! JUNG HANA FIGHTING!” Kyungsoo shouted happily as he made a heart over his head.

 

Chanyeol smiled in contentment. “See? I told you he knows what he should do.” He boasted off.

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “Whatever.”

 

The car stopped in front of Kyungsoo’s apartment.

 

“Were here already.” Kai announced.

 

Chanyeol helped Kyungsoo get out of the car and assisted him as they walked towards the door. “Kyung, remember, you should definitely tell Hana that you love her. Huh?” He asked him.

 

Kyungsoo gave him a big smile. Which was a sign of his approval.

 

Chanyeol nodded happily. “Good.” He mumbled before he knocked twice on the door. Few seconds later, Hana came out.

 

“Hi.” He greeted her with his usual smile.

 

Hana just nodded at him. “Yeah.. Hi.” She mumbled awkwardly. She has never spoken to this guy before. She then realized that he was with Kyungsoo. And Hana immediately noticed that there was something wrong with him.

 

Chanyeol knew that she was going to ask him about what happened to Kyungsoo. So he spoke up first, not letting her say anything. “We had a party and.. Kyungsoo’s a little drunk. So.. here. You take care of him.” He said as he pushed Kyungsoo to her.

 

Kyungsoo was about to fall but good thing, Hana caught him. “Wait. How am I supposed to---“

 

“Actually, Kyungsoo has something to tell you.” Chanyeol said as he bit his lip.

 

“Huh? What is it?” She asked him.

 

“Kyungsoo should be the one to tell you that. Just ask him.”

 

“Can’t you see? He’s drunk. For sure he doesn’t know what he’s doing or saying.” Hana told him.

 

“Hana, when a person is drunk, that’s when he becomes honest.” Chanyeol told her. “So, I better go now. Bye!” He said as he ran away.

 

Hana watched him in confusion. “That guy’s a lot weirder than Luhan or Kyungsoo.” She thought as she shook her head and went inside the apartment with Kyungsoo.

 

 

=================================================================================

 

1