Chapter 29: Reaching Her

Opposites Attract

 

===============================================================

 

 

Kyungsoo nervously bit his lower lip as he stared at the white wooden door which was front of him. It was the door to Hana’s room. He played with his fingers while he was still hesitating if he would knock at her door. He wanted to ask her so many things that were continuously running on his mind, slightly bugging him in the process.

 

Now he gets how she was able to give Zico and his friends tons on money. How was it possible that she had never gone to a Jjimjilbang before. And specially how secretive she was. But his biggest question was why she never told him who she really was. *Does she not trust me that much?* Kyungsoo thought with a small frown.

 

Just a few hours ago, he was on the subway with Hana still thinking how small and shabby her place would be. But now that he’s in her house mansion, he even gets lost since it was too big. And getting himself a glass of water would take him an hour before he could finally get one since he’s not used to the place. And it would take him a month to get used to it.

 

And now here he is, still thinking if he would talk to her. Or rather, if he COULD talk to her. Now that he knew who she really is, now that he knew how different their statuses are, it made him feel inferior to her. It made him realize how wrong he treated her before. And it also made him realize that Hana is someone that he won’t be able to reach. That there’s an invisible wall slowly forming in between the two of them, pushing them farther away.

 

It seems as if she was not the person he thought she once was. “It's like I don't know her at all.” Kyungsoo mumbled sadly. He knew that he has no right to feel about about her hiding so many things from him.  Having said that, Kyungsoo slowly took back his arm. He won’t talk to her. He can’t. Kyungsoo was about to walk away but, a thought suddenly came to his mind.

 

“Since I’m already here, maybe I should atleast talk to her. Right?” Kyungsoo immediately raised his arm to knock on her door but suddenly, it opened.

 

The door swung open, revealing a confused looking Hana who was staring at Kyungsoo. Her attention flew to his arm which was still raised since he was about to knock on the door. “What’s with that? Are you going to hit me?” Hana asked him while her brows were pinched together. First, she was surprised that Kyungsoo was there when she opened the door. Secondly, he looked like he was going to hit her or whatever.

 

Kyungsoo's eye's widened. “WHAT? NO! I WON’T DO THAT. WHY WOULD I?!” He exclaimed in panic as he put his arm down and looked away. He was just so nervous now that she’s in front of him.

 

“Why are you here?” Hana asked him blankly.

 

Kyungsoo flushed red as he stuttered. “I.. was just.. w-walking.. uh.. around.” He lied.

 

Since Hana has sharp eyes and Kyungsoo was never a good actor, she immediately noticed that something’s wrong with him and that he was lying to her. Without saying another word, Hana grabbed his arm and swiftly pulled him inside her room, locking the door behind them. Then she faced him. “You’re acting weird. What’s wrong?” Hana asked him as she crossed her arms over her chest. There was a slight hint of worry apparent in her voice.

 

“What are you saying? I’m always weird. It’s my best uh.. trait.” Kyungsoo fakely laughed thinking that it was funny enough. But it was not. Hana didn’t find it funny. “I know you’re weird. But you’re alot weirder today.” She spoke as she narrowed her eyes at him, watching his every move.

 

*Why are her eyes so sharp?! She notices even the smallest things.* Kyungsoo shrieked inside his head. He hated this part about her. Kyungsoo fakely smiled. “You noticed? I’m currently practicing it. I’m trying to uh.. take my weirdness to another level.” He reasoned out illogically. “So, I have to go now. Bye!”Kyungsoo told her as he was about to open the door but Hana stopped him.

 

She grabbed his arm and twisted it towards her making Kyungsoo yelp in pain. “You’re not really going to tell me?” Hana asked him with a glare. She was just worried about him. What she was thinking was, what if Kyungsoo has a problem that he's not telling her right?

 

Kyungsoo shook his head, determined not to tell her what was on his mind. *No matter what, I won’t tell her those. She’ll only laugh at me.*

 

Hana tightened her grip on his wrist and Kyungsoo felt as if her fingernails already bore a hole in his arm. “AHHHHHHHHHHHH!” He exclaimed.

 

Hana gave him a fake smile. “Are you going to tell me now?” She asked him.

 

“Let go of my arm first!”

“Say it first!”

“HOW CAN I SAY IT WHEN I’M ALREADY TWISTING IN PAIN?” Kyungsoo exclaimed.

 

Hana realized by then that he really got hurt. She released his arm and stared at him gently massage it while murmuring words like: “It hurts.”

 

“Does it really hurt? Did I dislocate you arm?” She asked him excitedly to . Hana had no idea that it really hurt him. *My grip isn’t even that strong.* She wondered as she eyed him.

 

Kyungsoo stared at her in disbelief. *She doesn’t know that it hurts? So she has to dislocate my bones first before finally saying that it hurts? Is she an alien?* He thought. “I’ve been saying that it hurts right? Of course it hurts! It even looks like it’ll bruise!” Kyungsoo whined.

 

Hana pouted and she puffed her cheeks up. “If it’s really bugging you, then I’ll tell one of the drivers to take you to the hospital and have you treated there.” Hana told him like it was nothing.

 

“It’s okay. I’ll just apply cold compress here. I don’t have to go to the hospital. I won’t die from something like this.” Kyungsoo mumbled.

 

Hana frowned at him. “Are you mad at me?”

 

He shook his head. “I’m not. I don’t have the right to. You’re Jung Hana. How would I even be mad at you?” Kyungsoo sarcastically told her.

 

“What do you mean?” The frown on her forehead deepened as she tried to understand what he meant by what he said. And she finally came to a conclusion. “You're really mad at me.”

 

Kyungsoo sighed in frustration. “I’m not. I’m just.. annoyed to some extent.”

 

“Annoyed? That’s just the same.”

“Those two are different.”

“So? You’re point is?”

 

“You didn’t tell me that you’re rich!” Kyungsoo finally blurted out.

 

Hana blinked at him. “That’s it? But you never asked right?”

 

“I asked you before if you’re still studying right? And you said no!”

 

“I stopped attending school since I was 7. I was home schooled until then. And since I’m so smart I was accelerated and I finished studying when I was 16.” Hana explained.

 

“But I also asked you if you have an apartment to stay at! And you told me that you don’t have one!”

 

“I don’t have an apartment. I have a mansion.”

 

“But… but you didn’t tell me that you’re rich…” Kyungsoo mumbled.

 

“If I told you that would you believe me?”

 

*I probably won’t.* Kyungsoo thought. “But now that I knew who you really are.. it feels as if you’re so far.”

 

Hana tilted her head to the side in confusion. “Far?” And that’s when she noticed the distance between them. Barely 3 meters.  Hana immediately took five steps towards Kyungsoo. “There. Is this close enough?” She asked him.

 

“Not like that. Not literally speaking.” Kyungsoo whined like a kid. He didn't know if he's be smiling since he thought it was cute of her to do that or he'd be more annoyed since she's making fun of him again.

 

“Then what?” Hana asked in irritation. She just doesn’t get his point.

 

“Promise me you won’t laugh.” Kyungsoo warned her. Hana stared at him and slightly nodded. Not sure if she won’t laugh with whatever he was going to say since Kyungsoo is always funny.

 

Kyungsoo breathed deeply and stared at the ground. He just can’t look at her while saying those. “I feel like.. like you’ve become someone that I won’t be able to reach.” He mumbled silently as he felt his blood rose up to his cheeks.

 

And that’s when he heard Hana’s loud laughter filling in the four corners of her enormous room. Kyungsoo glared at her. “I was just being honest! It’s because of you! I thought I know you so well but it turns out that I don’t! It was the complete opposite! I was---“

 

Hana took his hand and placed it on her head. “There. You already reached me. Happy?” She grinned at him.

 

*Why does her hair feel so soft? And why do I want to run my fingers through it? This is bad. I’ve gone …nuts.* Kyungsoo thought as he blushed harder and quickly pulled his hand back before he does anything funny or stupid. “It’s.. not like that.” He mumbled as he looked away.

 

Hana nodded. “I know what you mean. I’m not accelerated for nothing. So.. what do you want to know about me?” She asked him with a bored tone.

 

Kyungsoo eyed her. *Everything. I want you to tell me everything that you can tell me. I want to know you’re favorite food. Favorite color. Favorite subject. You dreams. What makes you happy. What makes you sad. What was your most unforgettable experience. I want to know what happened during your childhood…* Kyungsoo thought. “Anything. Tell me something that I don’t know.” He mumbled.

 

“Something that you don’t know…” Hana mumbled as she thought about it. Then, a smile appeared in her lips. “My vital statistics are… 3---“

 

“STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!”

 

Hana laughed at him. “Don’t worry. Even if you cry all of your blood out I won’t tell you those.” She told him.

 

Kyungsoo shook his head. “Aish. You’re just playing with me. I’ll just leave now. I still have to arrange my other things.”

 

Hana sighed she really hated talking about herself. But she knew that Kyungsoo just wants to prove himself that he knows her. He was about to open the door but that’s when Hana spoke.

 

“My name means flower in Japanese. I hate confusing things. I love to eat and to sleep. I like it when it snows…”

 

Kyungsoo turned back to her with a smile. *She finally told me something about her.* But as he looked back at her, he saw the expression on her face. And it was the first time he saw her like that. She looked uneasy. Really uneasy.

 

“My parents.. I kinda forgot how they look like.” Hana mumbled uncomfortably as she shifted her gaze from side to side. She never talked about her parents with anyone before. And since she was very uncomfortable with the topic, she unconsciously rubbed her arm revealing some red spots that were hiding under her long sleeved shirt.

 

Kyungsoo’s attention diverted to her arm. He frowned as he held it and examined it. “What happened to your arm?” He asked her worriedly.

 

Hana bit her lip. *I'm so careless.* She thought as she tried to think of a way to cover it up. “Mosquitos! Those are.. mosquito bites.” Hana reasoned out.

 

Kyungsoo’s frown deepened as he eyed her, trying to check if she was saying the truth. “Mosquitos? There are mosquitos in a place like this?” He asked her.

 

Hana pulled her arm back and just looked away. “There are mosquitos everywhere! Aish. Just get out!” Hana exclaimed as she pushed him towards the door.

 

“Okay. You don’t have to push me.” Kyungsoo told her as he opened the door. "And thank you for telling me a few things about you." Kyungsoo smiled at her before finally going outside. 

 

 

…..

 

"So her name means flower in Japanese, She hates confusing things, she loves to eat and she said she loves the snow." Kyungsoo mumbled to himself with a smile. "But I didn't get the last one that she said." He pouted.

 

"Atleast she told me things about her right?" Kyungsoo nodded. "Yes. That's way better than not knowing anything at all. Maybe I'll be able to reach her too. And now, I have to go back to my room." Kyungsoo told himself as he walked on.

 

 

....

 

 

30 minutes has passed and Kyungsoo was still walking around trying to find his way towards his room. *Just why are there so many rooms here?* He thought as he sighed. 

 

Suddenly he felt a light tap on his shoulder. Kyungsoo looked back. And he saw a guy he has never seen before.

164968_601111963233210_1192705153_n.png

 

The guy beamed at him. “I heard that Hana came back. Where is she? Is she in her room?” 

 

 

===============================================================

 

:)