Chapter 44: Favorite Problem

Opposites Attract

 

 

================================================================================

 

 

 

 

 

3 weeks has passed since they’ve been officially a couple.

 

And in that 21 days, they’ve grown closer to each other. Hana has opened up more. Her smiles became more frequent. And Kyungsoo somewhat became mischievous. And sometimes pulls pranks on her. Laughter has always filled the four corners of their apartment.  Everyday is a day full of happiness, love and bliss.

 

Hana carefully read the online recipe on her phone. She was trying to cook pasta. She has been into cooking recently. She thought it would be nice if she’d be able to cook for Kyungsoo.

 

Hana narrowed her eyes to read the recipe on her phone. “So after draining the pasta, I should just place the sauce on top right?” she asked herself as she reread the recipe. “Yeah right.” She nodded to herself in contentment. She mumbled to herself as she mixed the sauce.

 

 

 

 

“How is it?” Hana asked him, eager to know how it tastes like. It was her first time cooking pasta after all.

 

Kyungsoo gulped the food and nodded with a smile. “It’s delicious!” He said as he raised both of his thumbs. “Jjang! Jjang Hana!” He grinned.

 

Hana smiled. All of her hard works paid off. “See? I told you I can cook too!” She boasted off.

 

“Just why are you trying to learn how to cook? I can cook too. Do you not like it if I’m the one who cooks?” He asked her in curiosity.

 

“No!” Hana shook her head. “That’s not true!”

 

“Then why?” He asked her. He had noticed that these past few days, Hana was always helping him in cooking and in terms of doing household chores. She been different lately.

 

Hana played with her fingers under the table. “I just don’t want to weigh you down. I don’t want to be a burden to you.”

 

Kyungsoo deeply frowned. “Huh? You never---“

 

“It’s my mom.” Hana sighed. “Before we left our house, I remember her telling me that it’d be best if I won’t stick with you. Because I’ll only weigh you down. And she was right. I don’t know how to cook, wash clothes and I don’t even do that simple household chores." She mumbled as she bit her lower lip.

 

"So.. I thought I’ll try my best so that I can be with you. And that means I should do the things that I don’t normally do.” Hana mumbled shyly. “I don’t want to cause you trouble that why I’m doing this.”

 

“You never caused me trouble.” Kyungsoo tried to make her feel better. 

 

To him, Hana was never a hindrance. She never weighed him down. As a matter of fact, she became a reason for him to be happier than he has ever been. Yes she may playful at times and she's always teasing him, glaring at him and such. But she completes him.

 

She simply does.

 

“What about when Zico kidnapped you? When they destroyed your apartment? That’s okay with you?”

 

“But that’s before. Let’s not think of those anymore." He asked as he ruffled her hair. "Okay?”

 

Hana eyed him. “What if you see other girls?” She suddenly asked him. 

 

“I always see girls. On my way to school. On our classroom. On the supermarket. On the---“

 

“Not that! Stupid.” Hana exclaimed. “I mean what if you see other girls that are better than me?”

 

“There is?” Kyungsoo faked a shocked expression.

 

Hana hit his arm lightly. “I’m serious!”

 

“I’m serious too!” Kyungsoo pouted.

 

“What did you like about me then?” Hana questioned him.

 

Kyungsoo eyed her. “What’s not to like about you?”

 

“Just answer me!” She demanded.

 

“What I liked about you? Hmmm.” Kyungsoo thought for a while. “Your glaring eyes. Whenever you shout at me. Your cold gestures towards me. When—“

 

“All of those are my bad points!” Hana exclaimed.

 

“But I like those.” Kyungsoo simply told her.

 

Hana just pouted. She wasn’t contented with his answer. To her, he was only joking around.

 

Kyungsoo poked her cheek. “Just think of this, you never weighed me down. And more importantly, you were never a problem, and if you were, then I guess you’re the only problem I’d like to have.”

 

Hana smiled. “Is it possible to have a problem like that?”

 

Kyungsoo nodded. “It is! That’s why you’re here. You’ll always be my favorite problem.” He mumbled as he kissed her forehead.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo tried to stop his tears from falling but he just couldn’t. It was too heartbreaking for him. And before he knew, he was already shedding his tears.

 

Hana eyed him. “You’re crying?” She asked him.

 

“The ending is too sad! I just really can’t stop my tears. All those years, Cheolsu waited for Suni. And when she came back she just left him again. I really hate this kind of movies.” He mumbled as he wipes away his manly tears.

 

He then hears Hana laughing at him.

 

“You’re not even affected by the ending?” Kyungsoo pouted. To him it was unfair. She should be the one crying over a sad movie but it was the complete opposite. Her eyes didn’t even water. She wasn’t even affected.

 

“It was sad.” She commented plainly.

 

“That’s just it? Just sad? It’s a tearjerker!” Kyungsoo insisted. Sometimes Hana really lacks emotions. It makes him wonder if she’s really human or not.

 

“If you’re that sad, then just watch the alternate ending. I heard they made a movie with a much better ending. Watch that instead.” Hana told him.

 

He shook his head. “Some things are meant to have sad endings. I’ll stick with this one.” He mumbled firmly.

 

Hana nodded. “Okay. As you say so.”

 

Few seconds later, Kyungsoo turned to her. “Do you know where I can watch the one with alternate ending?”

 

 

 

 

==================================================================================

 

 

Hi, the next chapter will be the last chapter for this story. Just saying. :)