Chapter 15: Angel

Opposites Attract

 

 

 

=============================================================

 

 

 

It was a normal Saturday morning. Kyungsoo went down on the stairs with Hana trailing behind him with an annoyed face. Kyungsoo just woke her up from her supposed to be long slumber. She normally wakes up at 12. But she woke up at 6 today. That’s not a really nice act.

 

“Wash up yourself first.” He instructed her as he headed to the kitchen.

 

Hana pretended that she didn’t hear him and she sat on the chair and buried her bare face in the dining table. She was very sleepy. This was the first time that she woke up in the morning. Because she normally wakes up in the afternoon.

 

Kyungsoo arranged the plates and the table and saw Hana sleeping. He went to her and lightly pulled her up from the chair. “You shouldn’t sleep on the table.” He told her.

 

Hana gave him a glare. A very cold one. And even before Hana can speak, Kyungsoo pushed her towards the bathroom. “Just wash up first. Then we’ll eat.” He told her.

 

“Just why did you wake me up at this hour?!” She hissed at him in annoyance.

 

Kyungsoo shrugged. “Girls should wake up early.”

 

“For your information, I’m not just a normal girl.”

 

“But you’re still a girl. Hurry up and wash your face first.” Kyungsoo said as he motioned her to go to the bathroom.

 

Hana lazily scratched the back of her neck as she swayed from side to side on her way to the bathroom. What can she do? She was too sleepy.

 

That’s when she bumped to the cupboard and she saw the small angel figurine was misplaced because she bumped on the cupboard. She took it and studied it for a moment. *It looks cute.* She thought as she placed it properly on the cupboard but since she was too sleepy, it fell on the cold floor.

 

The angel figurine fell. A sharp breaking sound was heard as shards of glass were scattered on the floor.

 

Kyungsoo hurriedly went to her. “What happe---“ His eyes widened as he saw the figurine that he cared the most for was already broken.

 

“What did you do?!” He exclaimed at her as he bent down and tried to collect the shards of glass.

 

Hana shook her head. “It’s not me. I accidentally bumped to the cupboard… I was trying to arrange it but.. it fell.”

 

Kyungsoo stared at the broken angel with sad eyes. It was his most treasured thing from childhood because it was the only thing given to him by his mom. And now it’s broken. “Do you know how important this was?! Why are you so clumsy?!” He exclaimed at her.

 

“Just how much is that? Tell me. I’ll buy you 100 pieces of it!” She answered back.

 

Kyungsoo gave her a disbelieving look. “You think everything can be covered up with money?”

 

“So what do you want? You want me to fix it? There no way you can fix that. It’s broken.” She said as she crossed her arms.

 

“Have you ever tried saying ‘sorry’ huh?” Kyungsoo asked her as he gave her a look.

 

“Why would I say sorry to you? I didn’t mean it. I accidentally bumped the cupboard. And it fell. It was your fault because you woke me up this early!” She defended herself.

 

“What’s so wrong with saying sorry? Didn’t your parents teach you manners?”

 

Hana looked away with a hint of glum on her face. “They.. didn’t.”

 

Kyungsoo thought she was being sarcastic like she always did. “Really huh? Just what kind of parents are they not even teaching their daughter basic manners.” He mumbled as he tried to fix the broken figurine.

 

Hana lightly smirked. “Yes. Just what kind of parents are they..” She mumbled as she walked out from the scene leaving Kyungsoo there who just watched her retreating figure.

 

 

After that scene, Hana was nowhere to be found. She wasn’t in the house. She wasn’t in the neighborhood either. Plus, her motorcycle isn’t in the garage. She couldn’t be found anywhere.

 

Did she leave? Kyungsoo thought as he gave up on searching her and just went inside his room. He sat on his bed. And the television and tried to clear out his mind. But he couldn’t stop worrying about her.

 

What if she’s in trouble?

 

What if her enemies came back?

 

What if they harm her again?

 

Kyungsoo couldn’t help but feel worried. She was a girl after all.

 

But now that I think of it, she was right. She’s not just any other girl. She’s strong. For sure she can take care of herself. Maybe she’ll come back at night. He tried to assure his self as he went to the kitchen and started to prepare food.

 

 

 

Night finally came. And Jung Hana is still nowhere to be found.

 

Kyungsoo bit his lip as he grabbed his phone. She never answered her phone. He also texted her but got no reply.

 

Was she still mad because I yelled at her? But it’s already night. She should go home now. What can she be doing outside at this hour? If anything happens to her I’ll be the one blame. What if she’s in trouble right now? What if she needs my help? What if….

 

 And slowly, Kyungsoo’s eyelids slowly closed and he drifted into a deep sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hana wandered around the streets of Myeongdong. She went in and out of all the gift shops. Especially those that sells figurines. Yes. Jung Hana is trying to replace the angel figurine that she broke. She felt very guilty because Kyungsoo said it was really important to him. And that’s when she found herself trying to find an angel figurine that looks exactly like his.

 

She examined one figurine. But it didn’t look like Kyungsoo’s. All the figurines she examined didn’t look like his’

 

*Just why is it so uniquely designed?!* Hana got tired of looking for it and decided to go out of the shop.

 

She sat at a random chair and started to massage her leg. She had been roaming around all day and her legs were already sore. She looked up. It’s getting late. And the last bus is going to arrive at seven. *I don’t have enough time.* She thought as she stood up and entered the last shop.

 

The old man who owns the shop immediately greeted her as she stepped inside. “Good morning miss, what are you----“

 

Hana took out her wallet and looked at the old man.

 

“Give me all of your angel figurines.”

 

….

 

Next morning,

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes fluttered open. And he realized that he slept on the dining table. He stood up and stretched his back. “I’ll wash up first.” He mumbled as he made his way to the bathroom.

But as he walked to the bathroom, he saw a sleeping figure on the couch.

 

Jung Hana.

 

She was sleeping soundly at the couch.  A small smile of relief appeared in his lips as he silently walked towards her. *Good thing she’s okay.* He thought as he eyed her. No bruises. No black eyes. No bloodied lips. She’s fine. I guess she didn’t get into trouble. He smiled.

 

Atlast he could finally feel at ease.

 

Then he saw 3 huge boxes beside the couch. *What could those be?* He thought as he was about to peek at it, but Hana suddenly woke up. Kyungsoo straightened up and tried to act natural.

 

Hana sat on the couch as she rubbed her eyes. Kyungsoo faked a cough so that she’d notice him. “Where were you yesterday?” He casually asked her.

 

Hana turned to him with a blank face. “Myeongdong.”

 

Kyungsoo’s brows furrowed in confusion. “Myeongdong? What are you doing there?”

 

She pointed to the three boxes beside the couch. “Those are for you.”

 

“Me? For me? Why? What are these?” Kyungsoo asked as he examined the box. “Can I open it?” He asked.

 

“I said it’s yours.” Hana mumbled as she scratched her head.

 

Kyungsoo open the box and found tons of figurines. Angel figurines.

 

She bought 3 boxes of these for me? “Did you buy all these---“

 

Hana gave him a blank stare. “Stop hallucinating. I was shopping at Myeongdong yesterday then… I saw the Ahjusshi throwing off this box. So I picked it up. And I found out that those are angel figurines so… thought I should give this to you.” Hana reasoned out as her cheeks rose up.

 

Kyungsoo smiled as he took a small angel figurine. He knows that she’s lying. He placed the figurine up and examined it. “This looks new. Why would they throw it away?” He asked her.

 

Hana frowned as she looked away, trying to find an alibi. “…Factory defects.”

 

“But it looks fine.” Kyungsoo smiled. 

 

“Just shut up. If you don’t want it then I’ll throw it away!” Hana exclaimed as she was about to grab the other box.

 

Kyungsoo grabbed the box first and put it close to him. “No! It’s fine. Thank you. And …I’m sorry for yelling at you yesterday.”

 

Hana looked at him with an apologetic face. “I …wasn’t able to find a very similar one to the one I broke.” She mumbled.

 

“So you were trying to replace it?” He smirked.

 

Bingo. He was absolutely right. Hana was trying to replace it.

 

“No! I was just looking at the figurines. I was wondering if there is even one figurine that looks exactly like yours.” She lied with a small pout.

 

“Thank you. I really appreciate your effort. It’s okay that you didn’t find the same one like mines.” Kyungsoo affectionately smiled at her.

 

“I said I wasn’t trying to replace it! You idiot!” She exclaimed with blushing cheeks. Kyungsoo chuckled at her.

 

“Whatever! I’m hungry! Cook something!” She ordered him as she went to the kitchen.

 

Kyungsoo nodded as he closed the box carefully. *Thank you Hana.* He smiled.

 

“Yah! I said I was hungry right?!” He heard her exclaim from the kitchen.

 

“Coming!” He answered as he went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast.

 

 

 

=============================================================