Chapter 5: Detention

Opposites Attract

 

============================================================

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo arrived at his school at exactly 7:00. And his class starts as 6. *Shoot. I’m late. Very late.*

 

*Should I come in? The teacher right now is Mr. Yoon. The most terror teacher. Ever. But I have to go inside. I can’t miss his subject. I don’t want to fail.* Kyungsoo nervously knocked on the door and came in as I heard the teacher allowed him to come inside.

 

With trembling hands, Kyungsoo walked inside of the room not even daring to meet eyes with Mr. Yoon.

 

“Do Kyungsoo, you’re 1 hour late. 3 hours detention after class. Go to your seat quickly.” He said angrily while using his finger covered with chalk dust to point at him.

 

*3 hours? That’s just..* Kyungsoo slightly sighed. “Yes Sir.” He answered weakly as he bowed and went to his seat.

 

And while he walked towards his seat, all of his classmates were looking at him as if he just murdered someone. He sighed as he just ignored them and sat on his chair.

 

*Why do I have to be late on his period? He’s like the strictest teacher ever.* Kyungsoo thought as he tried to pay attention to him and what he’s saying even though he doesn’t want to because he just humiliated him earlier.

 

And that’s when he suddenly remembered the girl earlier. The coolest girl he had ever met. *I wonder if she’s okay. Surely she is since she’s way too strong for a guy. But I’m really thankful that she came. But I wish that she came in earlier. So that I wouldn’t have to be late.*

 

 

….

 

It was their lunch time.

 

Kyungsoo quietly sat down on the long rectangular chair in the cafeteria while reading a book.

 

“Why are you late?” Baekhyun asked as he took a bite on his favorite bacon sandwich and sat down beside him.

 

Kyungsoo turned to him with a cold look. “Don’t ask.” He sighed. *He’s just making me remember how Mr. Yoon humiliated me earlier.*

 

“Yeah. You’re usually early. How come you’re late?” Suho asked as he sat in front of Kyungsoo and started eating too.

 

“How did you guys even know that I was late?” He asked as he gave them a look. *We weren’t even classmates so how were they able to know that I was late?*

 

Chanyeol came out of nowhere and butted in the conversation. “We hear everything about you. Every little thing.” Chanyeol said with a smirk while emphasizing the last sentence.

 

Kyungsoo shook his head. *These guys. Really. Argh. Sometimes it makes me wonder why they are my friends.*

 

“We heard about it from your classmates I guess.” Kai said with a big grin while eating beside Suho. *He’s referring to the girls. This flirt.*

 

“So, why are you late?” Baekhyun asked Kyungsoo again while eating.

 

“I … overslept.” Kyungsoo lied as he looked away. *I didn’t really want to lie but, if I told them the truth, there’s a BIG chance they’ll overreact.*

 

 Chanyeol gawked at him. “You did? Unbelievable. The great and always organized Do Kyungsoo overslept?!” Chanyeol teased.

 

“Well I just did.” Kyungsoo said as he glared at him. Chanyeol grinned at Kyungsoo, he was happy by just seeing that he’s annoyed at him.

 

Kyungsoo looked at them and noticed that someone’s missing.

 

* Wait. There’s Baekhyun, Suho, Kai, Chanyeol and me. We’re currently missing one member…. The maknae.* “Where’s Sehun?” Kyungsoo asked noticing that he’s not around.

 

Chanyeol shrugged. “Dunno.”

 

Kai pouted and pretended to be hurt. “Why are you looking for him when I’m here? You’re mean Kyung.” He said as he held his chest, indicating that he’s deeply hurt.

 

Kyungsoo dryly laughed with a straight face. “Hahaha. Funny.”

 

“Library. He’s sleeping I guess.” Suho answered as he pouted.

 

*Library is a place for reading books. Not to sleep.* Kyungsoo thought with a smile. *Our maknae is so lazy.*

 

“Let’s just eat to our hearts content~.” Baekhyun butted in happily as he was about to eat the last bite of his sandwich. Then turned to Kyungsoo. “You want?” He asked as he placed the small portion of the sandwich in front of him.

 

Kyungsoo shook his head. “I don’t have the appetite.” He answered as he heaved out a sigh.

 

Chanyeol just shrugged and stole Baekhyun’s last piece of his bacon sandwich. “Chanyeol-ah!” Baekhyun exclaimed at him with a pout.

 

Suho didn’t mind us and just continued eating peacefully.

 

And Kai.. before we even notice that he’s not around, he was already on the other table with his fan girls surrounding him. When he noticed that I was looking at him, he greeted me with his smirk which made the girls squeal in excitement. *Womanizer Kai.*

 

These 4 guys and the one lazing around at the library are my …friends. Yes. Believe it or not, they are my friends.  Sometimes they treat me nice, sometimes.. nevermind. But for me, they are great friends.

 

Sometimes, they’re just hyperactive. But I guess it’s okay since sometimes, I really mean it. Sometimes they are way too nice. But I’m really grateful that they’re my friends.

 

 

 ….

 

 

After class,

 

Kyungsoo headed to Mr. Yoon’s office for his detention.

 

“Good afternoon Sir.” He politely greeted as he bowed to him.

 

Mr. Yoon just gave him a small nod. “For your punishment, clean the hallway.”

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes bugged out as he gaped. *WHAT?!*

 

Mr. Yoon glanced at his watch. “It’s 1.. So you’ll be able to leave at 3. You may start cleaning the hallway now.” He instructed Kyungsoo with a sarcastic smile.

 

*He really enjoys torturing his students.* Kyungsoo thought with a small sigh. “Yes Sir.” He weakly answered as he made his way to the stock room to get the cleaning materials.

 

 

 

 

“Aish. That baldy is really..” Kyungsoo mumbled to himself as he mopped the floor as hard as he could. *I’m going to make this floor super slippery so that whenever Mr. Yoon takes a step on it, he’ll end up landing on the floor.* He evilly thought with a grin.

 

But then Kyungsoo thought about the other teachers, the students and everyone else. *They’ll end up slipping too.* He thought as he shook his head. His plan was a fail.

 

“I should really stop thinking about negative thoughts.” He mumbled to himself as he mopped the floor with normal force.

 

“Kyungsoo-ya!” A sweet familiar voice greeted him.

 

Kyungsoo turned around. *Without a doubt, it was Yoonjo.* He smiled. “Hi.” he said as he waved awkwardly at her.

 

Yoonjo smiled back. “You got detention?” She asked.

 

*Oh great. Her smile just made my day.* Kyungsoo thought. He nodded. “Kinda.”

 

Yoonjo nodded with a pout. “You can do it Kyungsoo Fighting.” She cheered him on before leaving.

 

Kyungsoo bit his lip and turned back to cleaning the floor, with a big smile. Seeing Yoonjo, the girl that he like is enough to make him happy after all the bad things that happened to him today.

 

 

==============================================================