Chapter 19: Troubles Ahead

Opposites Attract

 

 

==============================================================

 

 

“You have a girlfriend?” Yoonjo asked again with eyes full of excitement.

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened as he shook his head. “No. It’s not like that. I was---“

 

Kai bumped Kyungsoo shoulder’s with his. “Stop denying it.”

 

Sehun butted in. “That’s right. Hyung has a girlfriend!” He smiled.

 

“And she’s pretty!”Baekyun grinned as he gave her two thumbs up.

 

“She’s also hot.” Chanyeol added with a nod.

 

Yoonjo clasped her hands together. “She seems like a great catch! Where did you meet her?” She asked.

 

*She’s not affected even for a bit? She’s not jealous or whatsoever. In fact, she was excited about me having a girlfriend. Great. Just great.* Kyungsoo thought with a small sigh.

 

“I.. uh.. we met just.. somewhere.” Kyungsoo faked a smile. *We met when she helped me from the gangsters which were actually her enemies.* He thought.

 

Yoonjo nodded. “But where does she study? How old is she? What does her parents do?” She started bombarding him with questions.

 

Kyungsoo bit his lip. Hana’s whole name was only the thing he knew about her. Oh yeah. He knows her birthday. So that counts as two. He knows two things about her.

 

But why does he feel as if he knows her too well? And why does he feel like he doesn’t need to know her more? That knowing her name was enough. It was weird. Maybe he was just used that Hana is around. Always around, ordering him to cook food. He thought as he smiled.

 

 “Look! He’s smiling. Maybe he’s thinking of her.” Suho pointed out.

 

Kyungsoo’s smile slowly vanished as he shook his head. “I’m just thinking of something.” He reasoned out.

 

“Yoonjo! Let’s go! Mrs. Nam is waiting at the Library.” Yooyoung called her and held her arm.

 

Yoonjo turned to Kyungsoo. “I’ll be going. See you around!” She smiled as she waved. Then she walked away with Yooyoung.

 

“Looks like Yoonjo noona is very happy because you have a girlfriend.” Sehun mumbled as he turned to me.

 

Kai nodded in approval as he slung his arm around Kyungsoo’s neck. “That means you don’t stand a chance on her heart Kyungie.” He said as he pretended to be hurt while clutching his chest.

 

Kyungsoo lightly pushed his arm away. *I know. You didn’t have to say it.* He thought as he sighed.

 

“Don’t worry Kyung, Hana’s a lot prettier than Yoonjo. And she’s your girlfriend! There’s nothing to worry about.” Chanyeol patted Kyungsoo’s back to comfort him.

 

*As if she’s my real girlfriend.*

 

 

 

….

 

 

 

Weeks has passed and Kyungsoo was able to survive living with Hana and the fact that he doesn’t have a chance on Yoonjo.

 

Yes. Hana is bad mannered and ill tempered. She curses. She wakes up late. She eats too much. But somehow, she was.. nice. She just doesn’t show her true feelings often.

 

“Yah! Come here quickly!” Hana exclaimed at him while she held meat samples in her hand. She was standing next to a sales attendant who was giving out meat samples.

 

Kyungsoo looked around. There are many people staring at him because Hana is so loud. He went to her while he tried to cover his face with a junk food. “What?” He hissed.

 

Hana shoved the meat sample to his mouth and smiled. “It’s tasty right?” She asked him with a big grin. She’s always this happy when it comes to food.

 

Kyungsoo was about to talk back to her for shoving the food in his mouth, but since, he can't talk, he just chewed on the meat and after tasting it, he nodded. “It is.” Kyungsoo said as he looked at the brand of the meat.

 

Hana grinned and she suddenly placed two packs of the same meat in the cart. “We should buy it. Since it’s very tasty.”

 

He shook his head. “No. We have to buy vegetables. We have to buy healthy foods.”

 

Hana made a face at him. “Whatever. No matter what, we’re buying this.” She insisted as she stopped Kyungsoo from getting the meat from the cart.

 

“Healthy food is good for you.” Kyungsoo lectured him.

 

“Meat is healthy too!” She insisted.

 

Before Kyungsoo could even ague with her, the sales attendant suddenly spoke. “Just buy it for your girlfriend. Don’t worry. We’re on sale today.” She said with a smile while pointing to the tarpaulin beside her saying that the meat has 50% discount.

 

*Here it goes again. Everyone thinks she’s my girlfriend.* Kyungsoo thought as he looked at Hana weirdly. *Her? My girlfriend? Big no.* he thought as he shook his head.

 

Hana secretly smirked. “See? You should buy it Yeobo.” She cutely whispered as she pouted. Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes on her. *You really….*

 

“Your girlfriend is really cute. Just buy it for her.” The sales attendant smiled.

 

*Cute? Does she even know the meaning of that? Seriously this is so… ugh.*

 

“Fine. We’ll buy it.”

 

Hana smiled and winked the attendant. And then she grabbed another pack of meat from the stand.

 

“Hey! 2 is enough!” He told her.

 

“It’s on sale remember?” Hana mumbled as she pointed to the tarpaulin indicating that the meat is on 50% sale. Kyungsoo just rolled his eyes and quickly pulled the cart, who knows she might just drop meat packs in there.

 

 

 

 

 “Did you hear her? She called him ‘Yeobo’ right?” A man whispered to his colleague as they secretly watched Hana and Kyungsoo.

 

“So they are really in a relationship?” The other man asked as he pointed to Kyungsoo who was innocently pushing the cart while examining the carrots. While Hana was there just playing with the potatoes.

 

The other guy nodded. “Looks like it.”His colleague nodded with a smirk. “Our boss will like this news.”

 

 

 

 

=============================================================