Chapter 28: Confusion

Opposites Attract

 

 

 

===============================================================

 

 

 

 

“Just wake me up when we’re already at the Gangnam Station.” Hana mumbled as she scratched the back of her neck in annoyance.

 

Her allergy is still troubling her. This was the consequence of her eating strawberries. *Just why did I eat those?* She thought as she secretly rubbed her arms. She can’t let Kyungsoo notice her allergy. But it’s hard not to scratch her skin because every part of her body is itchy. And one more thing that is tormenting her right now is that it was so damn hot. And she’s wearing a jacket. Great. Just great.

 

Kyungsoo nodded and as he turned to her, he noticed the beads of sweat trailing from her forehead. “You’re sweating. Why don’t you just take off your jacket?” He asked her. He finds it so weird that she’s wearing a jacket when it’s really obvious that she feels hot. *It’s really hot. I wonder why she’s dressed like that.  It’s summer. Why would she wear a jacket?* Kyungsoo wondered.

 

Hana glared at him. “It’s because of you!” She hissed at him. *It’s because of the strawberry cake that you made last night.* She thought as she continued to scratch her itchy arms.


Kyungsoo’s eyes widened. “Why are you blaming me?” He asked her innocently. Just what did he do to her right?

 

“Aish. Whatever. Forget it.” Hana mumbled as she rolled her eyes in irritation. She can’t tell him that she’s allergic to strawberries after all. And she’ll never tell him that she still ate his strawberry cake knowing the fact that she’ll be suffering from her allergies. Hana will never tell him that. Never.

 

“Just where are we going?” Kyungsoo curiously asked as he looked out of the window, watching the sceneries before him. He never had the chance to ask her where they were headed to. When he woke up, Hana just told him to pack his things and get dressed. The next thing he knew, they were already at the train station.

 

“My place.” Hana answered quietly. Even though she doesn’t want to admit it, she’s really going back home. Not because she wants to. But because she needs to.

 

Kyungsoo turned back to her. “Where going to your house?” He asked her, surprised by the fact that he was actually going to her house. That means, maybe he’ll be able to know a new side of her that he never knew.

 

“No. We’re going to my mansion.” She told him in a serious tone.

 

Kyungsoo made a face at her. He’s seriously asking her and she’s just messing with him. “As expected of you.” He mumbled as he shook his head.

 

“It’s true! We’re really going to our mansion!” Hana exclaimed at him, not minding if other people might hear them. Kyungsoo just covered his face in embarrassment. *She’s really….*

 

Hana ignored the judging stares of the people around them. They don’t know anything about her after all.  And she already decided that it’d be best for them to go to her place. That way, she’d be sure that they’re safe from Zico and his friends. Eventhough she doesn’t want to go home, she really has to. And also, one important factor that she considered is what she saw last night.

 

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

 

3:00 in the morning.

Hana was awakened because her arms started getting itchy. “Aish. It’s my allergy.” She mumbled to herself in irritation as she stood up from her bed and went straight to the bathroom. She has to wash up to lessen the itchiness.

 

But on her way going to the bathroom, she saw Kyungsoo at the small table. *Is he still studying?* She thought as she went to him.

 

And Hana saw that he was already sleeping. A smile appeared in her lips as he watched him sleep. “You really look like Pororo.” She mumbled happily. Then she saw the small notebook that was under his hand. It seemed as if he fell asleep while reading something.

 

“Maybe he’s studying.” Hana mumbled as he leaned over to him to see what he was studying. And her smile faded when she saw that he wasn’t studying or anything. He was computing their expenses. And almost all of the expenses were allotted for her. Because of her birthday. Her fake birthday.

 

Guilt sunked inside her chest as she stared at him. *Just why are you spending too much for someone you barely knew? You idiot. Now you don’t have any money left.* She thought as she grabbed a blanket and wrapped it around Kyungsoo who was still sleeping soundly on the table.

 

“Now that I think of it, I don’t have money either.” Hana mumbled as she sighed. “I have no other choice but to go back to our house.” She added dejectedly. She really hated the thought of going back.

 

Kyungsoo already did many things for her. Maybe it’s time for her to do something for him as well. Even though she doesn’t want to go back home, if it’s the only way that she can do to help him, she would do it.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

 

 

“We’re still far from Gangnam Station. Why don’t you sleep first? I’ll just wake you up later.” Kyungsoo said as he turned to Hana. And that’s when he realized that he’s talking to no one since she was already asleep.

 

Kyungsoo smiled as he watched her sleep. He found it cute whenever Hana slightly bobbed her head up and down since she was asleep.

 

Suddenly, he thought of something.

 

Since they’re going to her house, it really makes him wonder what kind of home it was. Well, it’s not like he’s judging her. I was just curious about where she grew. Where she spent her childhood days. And how she finally became the Jung Hana he knew.

 

“She said before that she doesn’t have a house. And that she doesn’t go to school anymore. That means… maybe Hana came from a not so fortunate family …” Kyungsoo mumbled as he analyzed the facts he knew about her very carefully.

 

Then he nodded to himself. “Yeah. Maybe.. it’s like that. But even if she came from a not so fortunate family, it’s way better than not having a family. Like me.” He thought as he sighed.

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo’s mouth fell open as he stared upon the view before him. *It’s so huge.* He thought as he carefully gazed upon the building where Hana dragged him off to. He turned to her. “Is this a government property or something? Why are we here?” He asked her still not getting the situation.

 

Hana shook her head. “It’s my mansion.” She blankly told him as she eyed her house. It’s been years since she last came here. She swore never to go back but here she is, standing in front of it. *The irony.* She thought with a small smirk.

 

Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes on her. “It’s not funny. The bags are heavy. Let’s go to your real house now.” He told her as he stretched his arms which are already getting sore.

 

“It’s really my mansion!” Hana exclaimed at him.

 

Kyungsoo mockingly laughed at her. “Really? Okay. If it’s really your house, then I dare you to go and press the doorbell.”

 

Hana glared at him. *He doesn’t believe me.* She thought. “And what would you do if I did it?” She challengingly asked him.

 

“I’ll do anything you want.”

 

“Anything?” Hana asked him with a smrik. An evil plan was already forming inside her mind.

 

Kyungsoo nodded. “Anything.” He answered her confidently. He was too sure that Hana was just lying just like how she always does.

 

But what Hana did was the complete opposite. She really did press the doorbell. Kyungsoo’s eyes widened and his jaw fell open. He never expected Hana to do that. “Hana!” He exclaimed.

 

Hana didn’t say anything and stared at the CCTV camera attached to the doorbell. “It’s me. Hurry up and open the gates.”

 

“Hey! Have you gone nuts? Why did you do that?” Kyungsoo hissed at her.

 

“Just wait. They’ll be here soon.” Hana told him.

 

“That’s why we should go now!” Kyungsoo said. He grabbed her arm and was about to ran away but Hana wouldn’t budge. “Hana, let’s go!”

 

And that’s when the gates opened and two maids hurried down to her.

 

“How have you been?”

“It’s been a long time since you left.”

“Are you staying for good?”

“Your parents will be delighted to hear this.”

 

Hana rolled her eyes and massaged her temples. She really hates noisy people. Hana shook it off and pointed to Kyungsoo. “He’s with me. His name is Do Kyungsoo. And from now on, he’ll be my personal chef. Get those bags from him and show him his room. I’ll be going.” she said before finally walking off leaving Kyungsoo there standing in confusion.

 

The maids quickly grabbed the bags from him. “Just follow us and we’ll show you the way.” They politely told him with a small bow as a way of greeting.

 

*What the hell is happening?* Kyungsoo thought in bafflement. Everything happened in just a blink of an eye and there’s only one thing that he can comprehend right now.

 

It’s that there’s more about Jung Hana that he still doesn’t know yet.

 

 

 

===============================================================

 

 

 

<3