Chapter 13: February 31

Opposites Attract

 

 

 

 

===============================================================

 

 

 

It’s already 12:30 and the girl who’s living with me is still not awake. I’ll wake her up. I thought as I went to her room.

 

*Knock knock*

 

No answer.

 

*Knock knock knock*

 

Still, no answer.

 

“I’m coming in okay?” I asked as I waited for her answer but still there’s none.

 

As I twisted the knob open, I saw her sleeping peacefully on the bed. *Even though I was loudly knocking on the door, she’s still asleep? So she’s a heavy sleeper?* I thought as a smile escaped my lips.

 

I walked over to her side to wake her up for breakfast.

 

“Hana-ssi, wake up. Hana-ssi” I mumbled as I lightly shook her left shoulder.

 

She stirred for a bit and slapped my hand away then she went back to sleeping.

 

Kyungsoo looked at his hand and then to her. “Aish. Seriously. Okay. I’ll just re-heat your breakfast later. Sleep for now.” He whispered as he turned away.

 

He was about then I saw that her blanket was already down on her knees. Being an obsessive compulsive person, Kyungsoo pulled it up to her shoulders.

 

Suddenly, she opened her eyes when she felt that I arranged her blanket. “Were you trying to molest me?” She coldly asked with a glare.

 

I took a step back. “I’m not! I was arranging your blanket!” I exclaimed.

 

She narrowed her eyes with a sly smirk. “You look guilty.”

 

“I’m not!”

 

“Then what are you doing in my room?”

 

“This is my house!”

 

She just nodded mockingly while eying me. “ert.” She whispered loud enough for me to hear.

 

“I’m really not trying to do that! I’m not that kind of person! I have this personality disorder, and because of that.. I can’t stand it when things are not in their proper order and such!” Kyungsoo thoroughly explained.  

 

But she ignored his detailed explanation, stood up and went straight to the door. Kyungsoo trailed behind her. She went straight to the kitchen. “What’s for breakfast?” She asked as she opened the pot and scratched her head lazily.

 

Kyungsoo furrowed his brows at her actions. *Girls are supposed to be girly and decent right? But she’s.. worse than me. Argh. I can’t stand watching her like this.* He grabbed the lid of the pot she was holding and placed it on the table. “Wash up first.” He demanded.

 

She bit her lips in annoyance as she placed her hand on her stomach. “I’m hungry. Let me eat.”

 

Kyungsoo pushed her towards the bathroom. “Wash up first.” He insisted.

 

She glared at him before she grumpily went inside the bathroom while murmuring something to herself. *She’s probably cursing me. So, sometimes, she obeys others too?* Kyungsoo thought with an amused smile.

 

 

 

 

While they were eating,

 

Hana was eating way too fast and messily at the same time. And because of that, Kyungsoo couldn’t eat because she was distracting him. *What’s with this girl? She’s really weird.*

 

Suddenly, Hana noticed that he was looking at her and she furrowed her brows. *Uh-oh. Trouble.*

 

Before she could speak, she choked because was too full. Kyungsoo just stared at her in amazement. *So this is what happens when you talk while eating.* He thought with a small nod.

 

Hana glared at him. “W.. water!” She exclaimed as she hit her chest several times.

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened as he came to his senses. *Shoot! Why did I not bring her water quickly?!* He thought as he hurried to the ref and get her some water.

 

 

 

As soon as Hana drank it all in one gulp,

 

 “Why didn’t you give me water quickly?!” She exclaimed the moment she was okay.

 

 Kyungsoo just pouted. *I brought her water didn't I? Shouldn't she at least thank me?*

 

“Ahhh. I thought I’ll die.” She said happily as she continued eating again.

 

Kyungsoo eyed her. “No one dies of choking.”

 

Hana chose to ignore his comment and continued eating messily.

 

*Ahh. I really can’t stand seeing her like this.* Kyungsoo thought.

 

“Why don’t you try to eat slowly? Is it your first time to eat homemade food? Don’t your parents cook for you?” He asked.

 

Hana placed her bowl down and turned to him. “My parents doesn’t cook. They never did cook for me.” She said with a straight face. “And I always buy food from the convenience stores. Cup noodles, sandwich, pizza, and more. Those are what I usually eat.”

 

Kyungsoo suddenly felt guilt. *Why did I say that?!* But if she’s always eating those kinds of foods, wouldn’t she end up getting sick? Those aren’t healthy foods.

 

She placed the bowl down. “Where were you last night?”

 

“Why? Were you waiting for me?”

 

“I am.” She said as she got another scoop of kimchi from the pot and placed it on her bowl.

 

My eyes widened as I leaned towards her. “You are?” So she really waited for me? * Wait. Why am I so happy about this?*

 

“You didn’t leave any food here so I had to order pizza. So troublesome.”

 

“Ahhh. Food.” I quietly sighed as I leaned back. Disappointment was written all over my face. “I was at my friend’s birthday. We kinda stayed up late.”

 

She stopped eating for a while and awkwardly looked away.“Birthday…”

 

“Talking about birthdays.. when is your birthday?” I asked her with a small smile.

 

She played with her chopsticks. “I don’t have one.”

 

I made a face at her. “Impossible. Just tell it to me.”

 

She gave me a look before she spoke. “February 31st.”

 

“31st? Okay. I’ll note that.” I said as I wrote it on a memo pad.

 

She just grinned while shaking her head. *Idiot. There’s no 31st in February.”

 

 

 

==============================================================