Chapter 27: Happy Birthday Hana!

Opposites Attract

 

 

===============================================================

 

 

 

3 days later,

 

“You idiot! Why did you place the icing there?! The icing should be on top! Whipped cream is the one at the bottom!” Kai exclaimed at Chanyeol who was placing the icing on the middle layer of the cake.

 

Chanyeol pouted as he turned to Kyungsoo. “Kyungsoo, it’s okay to place the icing here right?” He asked him wishing that he’d say ‘yes’ He wants to prove Kai that he’s doing it right.

 

Kyungsoo awkwardly smiled at him. “You can rest now Chanyeol. You already helped a lot. I’ll take care of the icing.” Kyungsoo told him as he grabbed the pastry bag from him.

 

Chanyeol sighed. He knew that he was wrong.

 

“Kyungsoo hyung! Baekhyun hyung is eating the strawberries!” Sehun shouted from the other side of the table where they were supposed to wash the strawberries and cut them in half.

 

Baekhyun glared at him in response. “I wasn’t eating it! I was just tasting it to see if it’s fresh. It’s for Kyungsoo’s girlfriend so it should be perfect right Kyungie?”

 

Kyungsoo grabbed the bowl of strawberries and placed it near him so that Baekhyun won’t be able to eat it. “I just bought these earlier. And I’m sure that they’re fresh.” He mumbled as he twitched.

 

“But why did you choose strawberries? Did Hana say that she likes strawberries?” Suho curiously asked him as he examined the cake decorations.

 

Kyungsoo suddenly stopped. “Uhh.. no. I just bought them because I think she’ll like it. Everyone likes strawberries right?” He asked them awkwardly.

 

He never had the chance to ask her what her favorite flavor was. It was because she refused to talk to him. And it looked like she was always in a bad mood. Whenever Kyungsoo would try to start a conversation, she’d always glare at him and just walk away. *But I hope she’ll like this cake.* He thought as he suddenly felt worried. He didn’t want Hana to be disappointed after all.

 

“Don’t worry Kyung! I’m sure she’ll like this. Girls like pink right? This will be fine.” Chanyeol grinned at him, trying to make him feel better.

 

“I hope you’re right.” Kyungsoo smiled, appreciating the Chanyeol’s effort to make him feel better.

 

“Strawberries are red. Not pink.” Kai mumbled under his breath while shaking his head in disagreement.

 

….

 

At the Jjimjilbang, while Kyungsoo was arranging the foods on a small table,

 

It was already late when they finished the cake. It was because of Sehun. He was too engrossed in decorating the cake that it he placed all the sugar decorations on the cake. There were too many flowers. Stars. Hearts. And even some animals. And it looked like a birthday cake for a kid. And Hana’s all grown up.

 

Kyungsoo decided to keep the cake simple but it should have intricate designs. So Kyungsoo ended up redecorating the cake all by himself. That explains why he only got home now. But he texted Hana. He told her that he’ll be late and he told her to wait for him. And the sad part is, she didn’t reply.

 

Kyungsoo looked around and saw Hana at the usual spot where she always stays. He tiptoed towards her and found out that she was already asleep. Well it’s not like she shouldn’t be. It was already 10:00 in the evening after all. But he has to wake her up and celebrate her birthday before it’s too late.

 

Kyungsoo bent over to her and tugged at her arm. “Hana, wake up.”

 

Miraculousy, Hana opened her eyes. Why was it a miracle? Because she’s so hard to wake up. She was a heavy sleeper after all. And it takes tons of patience just to wake her up. But today, she woke up easily. *Is it because it’s her birthday?* Kyungsoo thought with an amused smile.

 

Hana rubbed her left eye lazily as she turned to him. “Why are you late? And why did you wake me up?” She asked him.

 

Kyungsoo didn’t answer and just pulled her along with him to a small table that he already arranged earlier. And he made her sit on the floor as he sat parallel to her.

 

Hana eyed the foods on the table. There was a bowl of seaweed soup, Kyungsoo’s kimchi spaghetti, fish sticks, grilled meat, and other foods that she likes. “What’s this? Why’s there so many food here?” She asked him in confusion.

 

Kyungsoo pouted at her. “Eyy, don’t act like you don’t know.”

 

Hana shook her head innocently. “I don’t really know.”

 

“Isn’t it your birthday today?” Kyungsoo asked her with a big smile.

 

Hana frowned. “Birthday? It’s not my birthday today!”

 

Kyungsoo made a face at her. “Stop lying. I know it’s your birthday. You said it’s February 31 but it’s actually March 3 right?” He asked her, still not convinced by the fact that it’s not her birthday.

 

Hana sighed in irritation.  “Did you just waste your money for this?” She asked as she pointed to the table.

 

Hana was irritated at him because he wasted money for nothing. It was not even her birthday. And even if it was, it’s still a waste of money. She knew that Kyungsoo was fired from his job and up until now he wasn’t able to find another one. Meaning, they have to save money. And now there he goes, spending foolishly for nothing.

 

Kyungsoo pouted. “It’s not a waste. It’s a special day because it’s your birthday.” He mumbled as he moved the bowls on the table since he’s going to place the cake on the table later.

 

All the irritation Hana felt inside slowly vanished just because of one word that she heard from him. “…special?”

 

If there is one word that was rarely used on her, it must be the word ‘special’ Eventhough her maids and the workers in their house always tells her that she was special, she has never felt it.

 

Kyungsoo nodded. “Birthdays are special. So don’t deny the fact that today is your birthday. And I really worked hard for this. My friends even helped me.” He said.

 

Hana couldn’t help but smile. Knowing his efforts, she knew that he really worked hard just for this. And she doesn’t want to make him feel sad and unappreciated. Hana nodded. “Yes. Today is my birthday.” She told him.

 

Kyungsoo wasn’t even her family member. He was a stranger that she just met somewhere. But eventhough he was someone that she considered as an outsider to her, even though she always orders him around, even though she always teases him, Kyungsoo never made her feel alone. He was always there for her and always makes sure that she was okay.

 

Hana eyed the food on the table. It was nothing compared to what was usually served to her back when she was still at her house. But why does she feel more complete and happy right now? Her heart was thumping loudly with joy and she felt her tears forming at the corner of her eyes. *Is this what it feels like to feel special?* She wondered.

 

Kyungsoo saw the expression on Hana’s face. “What? Are you that touched?” He .

 

In a nanosecond, Hana’s expression changed back to her usual, cold stare. “I’m not. Who would be? Tch.” Hana mumbled as she looked away.

 

Kyungsoo smiled. He knew that she was just lying. He then placed a yellow carton box on the table. “This is my gift for you.” He shyly told her.

 

Hana observed the box, curious of what was inside. “What is it?”

 

“Just open it.” Kyungsoo told her as she pushed the box to her direction.

 

Hana opened the box with a smile, wondering what was inside. And her smile slowly vanished when she saw his gift. It was a strawberry cake. There was nothing wrong with the cake none other than it’s flavor. “Strawberry?” She asked him.

 

Hana is someone who loves to eat. And she considers everything edible to be delicious. She’s a big eater but she never gets fat. It’s as weird as it sounds but it’s true. Since she loves to eat, she eats almost everything. Except for one thing.

 

 

Strawberries.

 

 

It’s not like she just hates it for no reason. Hana actually likes strawberries. But sadly, whenever she eats one, she’d be suffering from severe itchiness and she’d be having red spots all over her body. She was allergic to strawberries.

 

Kyungsoo saw her reaction. And he grew worried. “Why? You don’t like strawberries?” He asked her anxiously.

 

Hana immediately shook her head with a smile. “No! I was just surprised. Strawberries are my favorite.” She lied.

 

Kyungsoo heaved out a sigh of relief. “Really? That’s great. I personally thought you hate it or something.” He mumbled as  he took out a candle from his pocket and attached it on the cake. “I don’t know how old you were so I thought this would be the best thing to do.” He mumbled as he lit the candle.

 

Hana felt nostalgic, as he watched him lit the candle. This was something she wanted her parents to do for her. That’s why when she was still a kid, she’s always looking forward to her birthday. But it never happened. Never did. Never will.

 

Kyungsoo turned to her. “Make a wish.” he told her with a smile.

 

*Wish?* Hana thought as she eyed the pink candle in front of her. “I wish that you’d always light my birthday candle.” She grinned at him teasingly.

 

Kyungsoo made a face at her. “So you just want me to be your slave?”

 

Hana just smiled. *It means I want to spend the rest of my birthdays with you.* She thought as she blew the candle and grabbed a plastic knife. "Let's eat now!" Hana grinned as she started slicing the cake.

 

 

 

 

===============================================================

 

 

I just found this somewhere. It's the Happy Virus. Chanyeol~ Hahahah~ XD

tumblr_mou8xxfo1F1rdouvlo3_r1_250.gif tumblr_mou8xxfo1F1rdouvlo4_250.gif

 

 

 

Byeeee~ <3

 

 

Bye