Chapter 30: Xi Luhan

Opposites Attract

 

 

=================================================================

 

 

 

Inside Hana’s mansion,

 

“It’s been a long time since I last came here.” Luhan mumbled to himself as he rolled his eyes around the place, scanning the whole area while reminiscing the time when he last set his foot on the place. “Looks like nothing really changed.” Luhan smiled happily as he continued walking around.

 

After hearing the news that Hana finally went home, Xi Luhan immediately made his way to her place, making sure that he’ll be the first person who’ll see her. He even had to cut his classes just to see her. That’s how important she was to him.

 

The last time he saw her was 3 years ago. It was when he dropped by to her house to tell her that their pet dog has given birth to six cute puppies. And a few days after that, without leaving any trace behind, Jung Hana disappeared from everyone’s sight.

 

Luhan tried his best to find her but it’s just impossible to find someone who’s hiding from you. Not seeing her face. Not being able to hear her voice. Her cold remarks towards him, her absence has done a huge impact to him. And missing her was the hardest part of the 3 years that passed by. That’s why he specifically asked one of her maids to tell him immediately whenever she comes back.

 

“I wonder how she looks like now. Did she cut her hair? Did she get thinner? Are her cheeks still fluffy? I wonder if her temper has gone worse.” Luhan mumbled in excitement. He couldn’t just wait to see her again.

 

Even though Hana always acts cold towards him and even though she’s always pushing him away literally, even though she’s always telling him to just disappear from her sight whenever he pops out of nowhere, he knew that she didn’t mean it. Hana just didn’t know how to show her affection towards others. And that’s totally fine with him. Because for once in his life, when he was all alone, it was her who stayed.

 

 

 

 

As Luhan walked on, he saw a guy that he has never seen before. Kyungsoo. *Is he new here?* Luhan wondered as he tilted his head to the side. Then, without thinking twice, Luhan tapped his shoulder. “I heard that Hana went home already. Where is she? Is she in her room?” Luhan asked him in anticipation. He just couldn’t wait to see her.

 

Kyungsoo raised his brows in confusion. *Who’s this hyperactive guy?* He thought as he eyed the guy before him. *Is he a relative? Maybe. But from the looks of it, it’s impossible that he’s a friend of her.* Kyungsoo concluded in his mind. He knew Hana hated those person who are cheerful and in high spirits. It’s because she hates noise. And cheerful people are always talkative.

 

Luhan waved his hand in front of Kyungsoo’s face to grab his attention. “Did you hear me? I’m asking about Jung Hana.” He mumbled with a small pout.

 

“Uhh.. who are you? What’s your relation to her?” Kyungsoo asked him. He just can’t let anyone come near her.

 

Luhan blinked in disbelief. “You don’t know me?” He asked Kyungsoo, still not convinced that someone in this house doesn’t know him.

 

Kyungsoo shook his head. “I just arrived here today and----“

 

“Ahh. I see.” Luhan nodded, now he knows why. “I’ll tell you about me later. For now, let’s go to Hana’s room.” He told Kyungsoo with a smile.

 

“Why do I have to go too?”

 

Luhan grinned at him. “I want to surprise Hana. You’ll help me right?”

 

 

….

 

 

Inside Hana’s room, while she was arranging her things on her table beside her bed, she heard a knock on her door. “Hana, it’s me. Can I come in?” She heard Kyungsoo’s voice from outside.

 

*Why is he here again? We just talked earlier right? Maybe he has something to say.* She thought with a small nod. “Come in.” Hana told him not even bothering to look back since she was arranging her things.

 

The door creaked open and Kyungsoo and Luhan came in. And Luhan signaled Kyungsoo to keep quiet and then he took a few steps towards her.

 

 

“Hana.” Luhan called her.

 

 

Hana immediately froze. *That sounds like …Luhan. But how would he find out that I came back? It must be my imagination. Right. I was just hearing things. There’s no way Luhan would be here.* Hana thought as she tried to convince herself and when she looked back, she knew she was lying to herself.

 

Luhan was really there.

 

The moment that Hana saw Luhan, a frown appeared on her face. “.” Hana cursed as she bit her lip. *What is this guy doing here? How did he know that I came back?!* Hana thought in irritation.

 

Then she turned to Kyungsoo who was standing by the door, doing nothing but staring at them. “Why did you let him in?!” Hana hissed at Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo blinked at her innocently. “He said he wants to see you so…”

 

“Aish.” Hana shook her head and she noticed that Luhan was about to go to her. “I’m warning you, if you take a single step closer to me, I’ll punch you.” Hana threatened him. Luhan didn’t mind what she just said and went closer to her. “It’s for real!” Hana added.

 

Luhan gave her his signature cheeky smile, which was only for her, and her alone.

 

“HANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!” Luhan exclaimed as he ran towards her trapping her inside his long and slender arms, giving her a big bear hug.

 

Hana shook her head. If there’s one person who’s not afraid of her, it’d be Luhan. *

 

Kyungsoo raised his left eyebrow. What he just saw registered on his mind as something that is unacceptable.

 

He didn’t like it when he saw Zico slung his arm around Hana’s shoulder and what he felt like now is 10 times more than what he felt before. And Hana’s reaction was different unlike when Zico interacted with her. It was evident in her actions that she hates Zico so much. But there’s something different with how she treats Luhan. *Who’s this Luhan guy? And they seem to be so close. Why?* He thought with a frown.

 

“I missed you! I missed you so muuuuch. Not a single day goes by that I’m not thinking of you.” Luhan released her and stared right into her eyes. “How about you? Did you think about me too? You did right?” Luhan grinned at her, expecting her to say yes.

 

“No.” Hana answered him flatly.

 

Kyungsoo tried his best to stop his laughter. He just couldn’t help but laugh. *As expected of her.* He thought as he shook his head. Good thing she’s cold towards Luhan.

 

Luhan pinched her nose. “Liar. I know you think about me every single day! Don’t worry. We’re the same.” Luhan assured her with a smile.

 

Hana pushed his hand away. “You said you just wanted to see me right? And you already did. Get out. Now.” Hana told him.

 

Luhan stuck his tongue out as he shook his head cutely. “Mehrong~”

 

Hana glared at him. “Are you really---“

 

“Aigoo! I really missed those glaring eyes of yours! It’s so cute!” Luhan smiled at her.

 

Hana rolled her eyes in irritation. *This is why I don’t like to see this guy.* She thought.

 

Luhan leaned over her and inhaled her scent. “You still smell like jasmine. It’s my favorite scent.” He told her.

 

Hana was about to grab Luhan’s arm to wrestle him but Luhan already grabbed her arms and twisted them as gentle as he could behind her back.

 

Hana’s eyes widened in surprise. Luhan never knew anything about martial arts and stuff. “How did you---“

 

“I have a friend who’s good at martial arts and kung fu. His name is Tao. And I asked him to teach me some moves. Now you won’t be able to make me go away. We won’t be separated. Ever.” Luhan beamed at her.

 

“If I get out from your grasp you’re so dead!” Hana warned him.

 

Luhan was about to let her go but he saw red spots on her arms. He loosened his grasp and examined it. *She only gets this red spots when she eats...*

 

“Did you eat strawberries?” Luhan asked her worriedly, grabbing her arm, he spun her around, making her face him.

 

“No.” Hana lied.

 

“Liar! I know you have aller----“ Luhan couldn’t continue what he was saying because Hana clamped her hand on his mouth to shut him up. Hana immediately looked away. Luhan followed her eyes and he realized that Hana was looking at the guy who was the standing by the door. She was looking at Kyungsoo.

 

Luhan carefully studied Kyungsoo. *There’s nothing special about him. Why is Hana looking at him?* He thought as he grew interested to Kyungsoo.

 

“So you’re still here? I thought you left earlier.” Luhan watched Kyungsoo as he spoke to him. Kyungsoo looked up to them in panic. “Uh.. I..”

 

“Don’t bother him. He’s with me. And you should really go home Luhan.” Hana told him even before Kyungsoo could answer him.

 

“He’s with you?! You mean he’s your friend?!” Luhan asked her in excitement.

 

Hana sighed. “Stop overreacting.”

 

Luhan ignored her and went straight to Kyungsoo with a big smile. “You should’ve told me that you’re a friend of her. It’s my first time hearing that she made a friend so I’m just really excited that’s why I’m like this.” Luhan explained with a smile.

 

Kyungsoo just nodded. *He’s really weird.* He thought as he eyed Luhan.

 

Luhan held his hand out to him for a handshake. “I’m Xi Luhan. I’m Hana’s Lulu. And Hana is going to be my bride. We’re going to get married right after I finish my studies. I’m her fiancé.”

 

Kyungsoo was about to shake his hand but when he heard that he was her fiance, he felt his heart stop. What he just heard was painfully heart wrenching. Just how could he shake hands with a guy who’s going to take Hana away someday?

 

Luhan smiled as he took Kyungsoo’s hand and lightly shook it. “Thank you for taking care of my Hana. But Don't worry. I’ll take my place from now on. You don't have to take care of her anymore.” He beamed at Kyungsoo.

 

 

 

================================================================

 

 

A/N:

I'd like to apologize for the very late update. I'm really sorrrrrrry. :( It's because of our internet connectionnn. TT.TT

 

A/N: