Chapter 10: Meeting Her. Again?!

Opposites Attract

 

 

===============================================================

 

 

 

RINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

 

 

 

Kyungsoo lazily reached for his clock to turn it off. Once he reached it, he placed it in front of him and opened his left eye to see what time is it.

 

“4:30.” He mumbled to himself as he stood up from the bed and stretched his arms as he yawned.

Then, he went to the bathroom to take a bath.

 

Before going out of the bathroom, he heard some footsteps roaming around the house. *It must be a thief.* He thought in alarm.

 

Kyungsoo slowly went out of the bathroom with a towel covering his lower body and was trying to walk without making a sound.

 

He looked around and saw no one. *He must be hiding somewhere. I always see this scene in the movies. Now, What I need is to find a weapon that I’ll use to protect myself.* he thought as he nodded to himself and looked around the house, trying to find something that could be his weapon.

 

Then, he saw the baseball bat lying on the cold floor. A smile ran across his face. *I was a fan of baseball when I was younger so .. this was the time the old baseball bat becomes handy.* He tried to reach the bat which was lying on the floor beside my bathroom. The moment he grasped the bat, he felt stronger and more confident.

 

He walked towards the kitchen. There’s no one.

 

Then went back to the bedroom. Still, there’s no one.

 

*Is there really a thief?* Kyungsoo thought as he scratched his head. *But I’m certain of it that I heard footsteps.*

 

Maybe there's none. Maybe I'm just hearing things. He thought as he shrugged.

 

Kyungsoo lazily walked into the living room and to his surprise, he saw the ill-mannered girl he met before.

 

The girl that he was worried for. She was there, sleeping at the couch.

 

“YAAAH!” Kyungsoo screamed as he pointed his bat on her.

 

She irritatedly got up and glared at him while scratching the back of her neck. “What?!” She hissed.

 

“WHY ARE YOU HERE?!” Kyungsoo exclaimed.

 

He was completely freaking out. What is a girl like her doing in his house? What if someone saw here coming here? The neighbors will think of it the wrong way! Kyungsoo thought as he bit his lip.

 

He really hated being misunderstood. He can totally imagine the faces of the Ahjummas and Ajusshis who will be gossiping about him if ever they knew that he’s bringing a girl to his house.

 

Hana stared at him from head to toe. After a few seconds, she shook her head with an annoyed expression. “Psh. You don’t even have abs and you’re way too skinny, and yet you strip like that. Be embarrassed even for a bit.” She said with a glare as she pushed the bat away from her. “And stop pointing this to me.”

 

Kyungsoo felt his cheeks turn into a bright shade of red. *She just said that I have no abs and I’m skinny. Argh. I’ve never been this embarrassed before. I want to dig a hole here and just go inside.* He breathed deeply then he looked at her.

 

She already turned her back on him and went back to sleeping. *After embarrassing me like that she will just sleep again?* Kyungsoo thought in irritation.

 

He lightly tapped her right shoulder. “Yah, why are you here?” He asked.

 

She didn’t reply.

 

“Why are you here?” He asked again while shaking her shoulder.

 

“It’s just 5:30. Let me sleep.” She mumbled as he yanked his hand away.

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened. “5:30? No! I’ll be late!” He exclaimed as he hurriedly went to his room to get changed. *Argh. This is all her fault.*

 

As Kyungsoo went outside his room, he saw her drinking my milk from the fridge. “That’s mine!” He exclaimed while he was quickly putting on his shoes since he was in a hurry.

 

She just stuck her tongue out at him.

 

“Ahhhh. I’m so late.” Kyungsoo mumbled as he stood up and hurriedly grabbed his bag from the table.

 

“What time is your class?” The girl asked as she went towards him.

 

Kyungsoo turned to her. “6 and I’m late for it because of you.” He answered with a glare.

 

She glanced at her watch. “It’s still 5:45. We still have 15 mins. Let’s go.” She said as she grabbed his hand and dragged him outside.

 

“What are you doing?” Kyungsoo asked while still following her. *Well he had no choice. She was dragging him.*

 

She went towards her motorcycle and tossed a helmet at him while she wore her’s.

 

Kyungsoo stared at the helmet in confusion. “What’s the meaning of this?” He asked, completely not getting the situation.

 

She sighed in annoyance, turned to him and put the helmet on him roughly. “Aww.” Kyungsoo winced in pain while he arranged the helmet.

 

“Get on.” She said as she ride the motorcycle and started the engine. Kyungsoo gave her a weird look. “Do you want to be late huh?!” She roared.

 

Kyungsoo stared at her in awe. *She’s really.. something.* With that, he rode her motorcycle.

 

“Hold on tight to me.” She instructed him coldly.

 

Kyungsoo was hesitating to hug her waist since he’s a guy and she’s a girl. In simpler terms, it’s awkward. So he held the tips of her hair instead.

 

“I really hate it when people touch my hair you know? Hold on properly!” She exclaimed at him.

 

“It’s awkward!” He blurted out.

 

“You choose. You would lose your pride or you’ll die?” She asked him.

 

Kyungsoo sighed as he slightly slung his arms on her waist and she sped off.

 

..

 

While they we’re travelling to school,

 

They were going way too fast and she’s not even following the traffic signs. In a blink of an eye, they reached the school. But she didn’t stop in front of it. She stopped at the bakery shop which was about 4 blocks away from the school. Kyungsoo slowly got off and handed her the helmet.

 

“Look. You still have 5 minutes.” She said as she glanced at her watch and smiled at me.

 

He stared at her dumbfoundedly. *Whoa…she smiles? The scary girl smiles?*

 

“You look stupid.” She commented as she grabbed the helmet from him.

 

Kyungsoo stretched his neck to the right and tried to focus. *My legs we’re still wobbly and I’m still feeling a bit dizzy. We travelled for only 10 minutes. Originally if I will go to school by the bus it will take me 30 minutes or less if it’s not traffic. She’s really a gangster.* I thought with a smile.

 

Kyungsoo turned to her. “Thanks.” He shyly muttered.

 

She just nodded and drove away.

 

*Maybe she’s not the worst girl I met.* He thought as he started walking towards the school.

 

 

=============================================================