Chapter 41: Jung Deul

Opposites Attract

 

 

=====================================================================================

 

 

 

 

 

Hana took him to the chair and made him sit there. His eyes were slightly opened and he smells of alcohol. His cheeks were red and he couldn’t even talk properly.

 

“I’m thirsty!” He told her.

 

“Go grab a glass of water in the kitchen.” Hana simply told him.

 

“I’m your visitor. You should be the one getting me water.” Kyungsoo said.

 

“This is your apartment dummy.” Hana told him.

 

“Just get me water. I’m really thirsty.” He pouted.

 

“Aish. So annoying.” Hana mumbled as he went to the kitchen and prepared water for him.

 

 

 

 

“Here.” She gave him the glass of water and sat beside him. “Chanyeol said that you have something to tell me. What is it?” She tried asking him.

 

Kyungsoo pointed to himself as he drank the water. “I have something to tell you?” He asked her.

 

Hana placed his palm on her forehead. “This conversation is going nowhere. He’s hopeless.” She mumbled.

 

Kyungsoo silently sat there, watching her talk to herself. And that’s when he thought that she looks like someone he knew.

 

Hana turned to him. “Since you’re drunk, I think you should go to sleep now.” She told him.

 

Kyungsoo didn’t respond. He was still thinking about who she looks like.

 

“Yah! Didn’t you hear me? You should atleast answer me!” She exclaimed.

 

*Jung Hana.* His eyes widened as he finally got it. “You.. look like someone I know.”

 

Hana placed her hands on her hips. Her irritation level was rising. “Who?” She asked him.

 

Kyungsoo smiled happily. “Jung Hana. The very beautiful Jung Hana!” He grinned.

 

*Beautiful?* Hana bit her lip to stop herself from smiling. And with just one word, she felt much better. She turned to him. “That’s me. Stupid.” She told him as she tried to act normally.

 

Kyungsoo pouted as he examined her face. He’s not really convinced that the girl before him was Hana.

 

“Your eyes are so big and you can’t even see that it’s me? Aish. It’s really me!” Hana exclaimed.

 

He leaned over to her and held her face with his hands. His eyes were carefully examining if she was really his Hana or not.

 

Hana slightly backed away as she blinked for several times. *His face is so close.* She thought as a small tint of pink started appearing in her cheeks.

 

Kyungsoo suddenly let her go and shook his head.  “No. You’re not Jung Hana! The Jung Hana I know has twinkling eyes! You’re definitely not her! She’s not you!” He told her as he crossed his arms over his chest like a kid.

 

“Twinkling eyes? When did I have those?” She asked herself in confusion. *Oh right. This guy is drunk.* She reminded herself. “I’m going to sleep now. You should too. See you tomorrow.” Hana told him as she stood up.

 

“Since youre not Jung Hana, I’ll name you Jung Deul.” Kyungsoo told her.

 

“Jung Deul…?” Hana asked him.

 

“Because you’re like the second Jung Hana. So you’re Jung Deul.” He grinned childishly at her.

 

“Whatever.” Hana rolled her eyes at him.

 

“Jung Deul, I have a secret.” Kyungsoo suddenly spoke up.

 

Hana turned back to him. “Yeah? That’s good. Keep more secrets and you’ll be the Secret King.” She mumbled lazily as she was about to walk away.

 

Kyungsoo ran to her and blocked her way. “Jung Deul-ah, you should listen when someone else is talking!” He mumbled angrily.

 

*He’s getting mad but why do I find him cute?* Hana thought. “Let’s talk about your secret tomorrow morning okay?” She asked as she walked past him.

 

Kyungsoo held her hand and dragged her to the sofa. “My secret is about Jung Hana.”

 

That piqued her interest. *About me?* She thought. “Okay. Let’s hear it. What’s your secret?” She asked him.

 

“Promise me you won’t tell it to anyone.” Kyungsoo held up his index finger and smiled at her.

 

“Are you a kid?” Hana asked him. “Just tell me your secret.”

 

“Promise me first!” He whined.

 

“Okay! Okay! Whatever. So childish.” Hana mumbled as she intertwined her index finger with his. “Promise.”

 

Kyungsoo smiled in contentment. “So what was your secret?” She asked him.

 

“Don’t tell anyone okay?” Kyungsoo asked her again.

 

“Yeah. Promise.” She mumbled lazily.

 

“I.. like Jung Hana.”

 

She turned to him in shock. “What?”

 

“No. That’s an understatement. It should be I love Jung Hana.” He smiled. “I love the way she smiles. The way she talks. Her voice. Her glaring eyes. Everything. I love everything about her.”

 

“But I have a problem. I don’t know what to do with her anymore. I’m not sure if she likes me back. I couldn’t even confess to her. I’m afraid that she will reject me or that things will get awkward. I don’t want to lose her. And when I’m with her, my heart just can’t be at ease. She’s very confusing. Sometimes she’s so close to me. Smiling warmly at me. And there are also times when she’s so cold. She’s one of God’s most confusing creatures. But I can’t stop falling for her. What do I do?”

 

He’s just drunk. He doesn’t know what he’s saying. That’s it right? She asked herself. And that’s when she suddenly remembered what Chanyeol told her.

 

“Hana, when a person is drunk, that’s when he becomes honest.”

 

Hana eyed him. If that’s it, then, he likes me too. He just couldn’t say it. Because he was afraid. She smiled. *So we’ve been in love with each other all along..* She thought as she shook her head. “Why didn’t you tell it to me sooner?” She whispered to herself.

 

Kyungsoo leaned over to her and smiled. “This is fascinating. The more I look at you, the more you look like her.” He grinned at her.

 

Hana smiled and was about to kiss his cheek but then, Kyungsoo turned away. He made an ‘X’ using his arms and showed it to her. “I’m sorry. I know you look like the girl I love but I don’t want to be kissed by any other girls out there unless it’s her. It’s a big no.”

 

She smiled in amusement. “I’m not going to kiss you. I’m just trying to see if you have something on your face.” She mumbled as she stood up. “It’s getting late. We should sleep now.”

 

Kyungsoo held her arm. “I hope by tomorrow, you’ll still be here so that I can practice my confession to her. If she accepts me, I’ll cook for you once as a sign of my gratitude.”

 

“We’ll see.” Hana smiled.

 

“Goodnight Deul-ah! Don’t tell Hana my secret okay?” Kyungsoo waved goodbye.

 

“I’ll try.”

 

========================================================================================

 

 

Double update. I hope you liked it guyss. I know it's kinda late too. Sorrry. ^^