Chapter 25: To the Jjimjilbang!

Opposites Attract

 

 

=============================================================

 

 

 

 

Hana eyed the building in front of them with an unreadable expression on her face. “Here?” She asked Kyungsoo with uncertainty.

 

Kyungsoo happily nodded. “Yes. Here.” He answered her as he was about to go inside the Jjimjilbang.

 

Hana held his wrist and pulled him back. “Why here?” She asked him. Anxiety was apparent in her face. She didn’t like public places. Especially those that are packed and crowded. And as far as she knows, many people go to Jjimjilbangs. That was what’s bugging her.

 

“What do you mean why here? It’s because it’s near my school and it’s super cheap. Plus, there are many different rooms here. You’ll surely enjoy those. And also because I have these.” Kyungsoo said as he took out discount coupons he got from his boss as a reward for working diligently on the convenience store.

 

“But ..it’s crowded here right? It’s a public bathhouse.” Hana complained. She really hated crowds because she had a bad memory because of it.

 

Kyungsoo ignored her comments and just pulled her inside with him. He just really wants to go inside as quick as possible. Why? It’s because their bags are heavy and he really wants to lie down because he’s too tired.

 

At the entrance,

 

“At what room will the two of you be staying Sir?” The attendant asked him.

 

“I’ll be at the men’s section.” Kyungsoo said with a polite smile. “And she’ll be on the women’s section.” He added as he pointed to Hana.

 

Hana gaped at him. “You’re going to leave me alone?”

 

Kyungsoo turned to her and saw that she wasn’t really pleased with the idea of him leaving her. And she’s pouting. “What’s with that expression?” Kyungsoo asked her as he stared at her. He knew that she was unhappy. Her brows were pinched together and she was sulking. But why does she still look cute? How does she manage to do that? Kyungsoo wondered as he gazed at her.

 

“Maybe it’s because she didn’t want to be separated from you. Just choose the uni section then.” The attendant suggested with a smile.

 

“Is it true? You… don’t want to be separated with me?” Kyungsoo asked her as he bit his lip to hide his smile.

 

Hana ignored him and turned to the attendant. “We’ll just choose the uni section.” Then, the attendant quickly gave them their Jjimjilbang clothes and the key to their lockers. Hana immediately grabbed them, held Kyungsoo’s arm and pulled him inside.

 

*So she didn’t really want to be separated with me?* Kyungsoo thought as he was being dragged by her.

 

---

 

Inside,

 

“Hana! Why are you not answering me? Is it true? You don’t really want to be separated with me?” Kyungsoo asked her as he trailed behind her. He didn’t know why it’s such a big deal to him either. But he just want to confirm it. *What’s so hard about saying ‘Yes’ right?* He thought as he eyed Hana with a pout.

 

“Yes.” Hana curtly answered him. Kyungsoo immediately blocked her way to stop her from walking.

 

“Why?” He asked her.

 

Just why was he asking? He’s just curious why. Because the almighty Jung Hana he knew is a very tough girl. She can even protect herself alone. She’s very strong for someone who is classified as a girl. So why would she not want to be separated with him right? Why would she not want to be on the women’s section? That was what’s going on inside Kyungsoo’s mind.

 

Hana looked around the area anxiously. And from the expression in her face, it was evident that she wasn’t familiar to the place. Kyungsoo leaned towards her and stared at her in disbelief, carefully studying the look in her face. “Could it be …that it’s your first time going to a Jjimjilbang?” He made a wild guess.

Hana looked away before shyly admitting it. Her cheeks were slightly turning pink. “I’ve never been to a place like this before.” Hana whispered loud enough for Kyungsoo to hear.

Kyungsoo blinked at her not believing what he just heard. “Are you sure you’re Korean?” He asked her in a mocking tone.

 

Well, Jjimjilbangs are very popular among Koreans and a normal Korean citizen should have atleast went to it once or twice in their whole life. But this girl here haven’t been to one in her entire life. The biggest question is why? *Hana sure is very mysterious.* Kyungsoo thought as he eyed her.

 

As a part of Hana’s defense mechanism, she turned to him with a glare. “What do you expect? This is a public bathhouse. Why would someone like me go to a place like this? This is for the poor why wou---”

 

Kyungsoo immediately clamped his hand around . “Shh! If someone hears you they’ll surely be angry at us.” He whispered at her as he warily looked around. Good thing no one heard her. Because if someone did they’ll surely be nagging at them for speaking like that and having no manners.

 

“Just why did you bring me here with you? You could just have me leave you. Wouldn’t it be convenient for you that way?” Hana asked him in irritation as she wiped and sat on a sleeping mat near them.

 

Hana is right. It would be more convenient for him if she just left . But he doesn’t want her to leave just like that. Kyungsoo nervously played with his fingers. A sign that he doesn’t know what to say. Just how would he tell her that he didn’t like the idea of him leaving her. But why?

 

When Hana told him that she would leave, he immediately opposed. He didn’t even think of it.

 

“Because since Zico and his friends are after you, and we’re together wouldn’t that put my life in danger too? That’s why it’s better to stick to each other. Aish. How troublesome.” Kyungsoo lied.

 

Maybe because he’s just concerned for her since she’s a girl.  And what if Zico and his friends comes back again right? She’d be in trouble. Kyungsoo nodded in satisfaction. *That’s right I didn’t want her to leave because her life is in danger. Let’s just …put it that way.*

 

Hana suddenly became silent. *Troublesome…. Even Kyungsoo thinks I’m troublesome.*

 

Kyungsoo didn’t see that Hana was hurt with what he told her because his attention flew to someone wearing a sheep head towel. And he thought that since it was Hana’s first time in a Jjimjilbang, he thought he should make her a sheep head towel.

 

“Hana, look at that guy the towel on his head is cute right?” He asked her as he pointed to a guy wearing a sheep head towel. “Do you want one?”

 

Hana lazily looked at the guy and then turned back to Kyungsoo. “If I know it’s really the guy that you’re looking at not the weird shaped towel in his head.” Hana mumbled. She’s not in the mood to talk to him right now.

 

“You really…” Kyungsoo just shook his head and rolled his eyes at her. *Calm down, Kyungsoo. She’s just kidding.* He thought as he sighed. Then he took out their towels and started making the sheep head towels.

 

Few minutes later,

 

“Tadah~” Kyungsoo beamed as he raised his self-made sheep head towel and showed it to Hana. “This is called a sheep head towel.” He told her.

 

“It looks like a dumbbell in some way.” Hana commented as she eyed it.

 

Without saying anything, Kyungsoo carefully placed it over her head. And he tucked away her stray hairs behind her ears to make sure that everything is arranged. “There. It looks cute on you.” Kyungsoo honestly told her with a smile. Few seconds later, Kyungsoo realized that he just told her that it looks cute on her. Meaning, she’s cute. *Why did I say that?!* He screamed inside his head.

 

Hana slightly pinked as she blinked at him. “What?” She wasn’t really used to hearing those things.

 

Kyungsoo avoided her question and just placed his own sheep head towel in his head. “I .. made mine too.” He awkwardly mumbled.

 

Hana finally smiled at him. She found it funny how Kyungsoo looked like when he wore the towel. “You look like a mixture of a sheep and a penguin. It’s Kyungsheep.” She pointed out.

 

Kyungsoo frowned at her. “Kyungsheep?”

 

Hana blinked at him. “You don’t like Kyungsheep? What about Yangsoo?” She grinned at him teasingly.

 

“You have so many names for me! Pororo, Crongsoo, Kyungie and now Kyungsheep and Yangsoo. What’s next huh?” Kyungsoo asked her as his frown deepened and crossed his arms over his chest, waiting for her answer. Hana is always making names for him. He didn’t know wether to classify her as creative or someone who just wants to constantly piss him off.

 

“What’s next?” Hana tapped her chin as she thought about it. “I’ll give you another name when you do something funny or stupid. For now let’s stick with Kyungsheep.” Hana said as she smiled at him.

 

“Funny or stupid?!” Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes on her.

 

“Oh, we forgot something since you’re a ert you should also be called Byungsoo!”Hana pointed out loudly. Since her voice was too loud, it made other people near them stare at them judgingly.

 

Kyungsoo slapped his forehead in embarrassment. “Why don’t you just call me D.O. like how my friends call me?” Kyungsoo suggested. He was already used to that nickname his friends gave him and he prefers to be called D.O. rather than Kyungsheep or anything else that Hana calls him.

 

Hana slightly tilted her head. “D.O.? Where did they get that? Does it stand for something?” She asked him in curiosity.

 

“It’s my surname.” Kyungsoo simply answered.

 

Hana’s mouth curved into an ‘o’ as she nodded. “I thought it stands for ‘Dumb One’ “ Hana laughed.

 

Kyungsoo blankly stared at her. “Not funny.”

 

Hana bit her lip and tried to stop laughing. “If that’s the case, if I call you D.O, Do you have to call me J.U.N.G.?” Hana grinned at him.

 

“No. I’ll just call you Hana deul set.” Kyungsoo mumbled. He just can’t think of anything else other than that. So eventhough it was lame, he still said it. Just to be able to say something.

 

Hana immediately stopped laughing and glared at him. “Not funny.”

 

Kyungsoo stared at her in disbelief. *What’s with her? She’s the one who started it and now she’s the one who’s pissed? I only said Hana deul set. That even nothing compared to how she makes fun of me.* Kyungsoo thought as he pouted.

 

..

 

“You know what this it right?” Kyungsoo asked her as he took out a small tray containing 6 baked eggs. Hana nodded with a pout.

 

“Do you know how to remove the eggshell?” Kyungsoo eyed her.

 

“Do I look like some alien to you? Of course I know!” Hana exclaimed.

 

“It’s because there’s a different way of removing the eggshells when you’re in a Jjimjilbang.”Kyungsoo explained to her.

 

Hana stared at him in curiosity. “Really? How?” Hana asked.

 

Kyungsoo smiled. “You want to know how?” He excitedly asked her.

 

She nodded at him, anticipating his answer. Suddenly, Kyungsoo cracked the egg on her forehead. Like how it was naturally done. But a little bit gentler since she’s a girl.

 

Kyungsoo chuckled a bit when he saw a small red mark on her forehead. “It left a small mark but that’ll fade later. Don’t worry.” He assured her as he peeled off the cracked eggshell.

 

Hana touched her forehead and glared at Kyungsoo. *He’s completely making fun of me.*

 

Kyungsoo noticed that Hana was still touching her forehead. “Why? Does it hurt?” He asked her in concern. *Did I go too far? Was she really hurt?* He thought as he observed her.

 

Hana shook her head and grabbed one egg from the tray and eyed it while grinning evilly. *I’ll get my revenge.* Hana turned to him, “Since you cracked that on my forehead. I’ll crack your forehead with this.”

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened. “What?! You’ll crack my forehead?” he asked her as he protectively covered his beloved forehead.

 

Hana fakely smiled at him. “You’re probably hearing things. I never said anything like that. Now come here and I’ll---“

 

Kyungsoo shook his head as he backed away. “You can just crack it on the floor or at the table.” He reasoned out.

 

Hana shook her head. “No. I want to apply what you just taught me earlier.”

 

Kyungsoo shook his hands. “That’s not really needed. No need for the application of the method. Learning the method is enough.” He nervously smiled at her.

 

Hana glared at him. “Do you want me to crack the egg on your forehead or you want me to crack your forehead open?” She asked him impatiently.

 

“Neither of the two.” Kyungsoo mumbled as he stood up and ran away from her as fast as he could. He knew Hana was planning something. And the best he could do is to run away.

 

“Just make sure I don’t catch you. Because if I do, you’re so dead.” Hana mumbled to herself as she ran after him, determined to get her revenge.

 

 

 

 

===============================================================

 

 

A/N:

 

Jjimjilbang (찜질방) --means Public bathhouse/ Sauna in Korean

Yang – means sheep in Korean.

Byuntae – means ert in Korean.

 

 

 

tumblr_mobmcd5bpK1s4xy58o1_400.gif

image

 

image

We have reached over 100 subbies~ Yay! Thanks guys! :)))