Chapter 45: Opposites Attract

Opposites Attract

=================================================================================

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo puffed his cheeks up as he tapped his fingers on the table. Twice. Thrice. Many times. And the more he tapped the table the faster it becomes.

 

“Hana, are you done yet?” He asked her for like the nth time. He was getting impatient after all. They planned to go out on a date for their 100th day anniversary. And as far as he know, their planned of leaving the house was exactly at 9:00. And it’s already 9:30.

 

Obviously, it was Hana’s fault. Just what is taking her so long?

 

“I’m finished!” She exclaims. Then, he heard her light footsteps on the stairs.

 

Kyungsoo stood up with a big sigh. “Finally.”

 

And as he turned to look at her, his eyes widened in surprise. Hana was wearing a simple pink chiffon dress. And a pair of beige flats. There was a hint of peach blush on her cheeks and there was a subtle tint of pink evident in her lips. Her brown hair was slightly curled. And she looked as gorgeous as ever.

 

“Am I too late? Did you wait long?” She asked him worriedly.

 

Kyungsoo stood there like an idiot. He knew that she was beautiful. But not to this extent. *How can she be 100 times more beautiful with just simple makeup?* He wondered.

 

Hana noticed that he had been staring at her. “Is it weird? Should I change?” She asked him.

 

“No!” Kyungsoo immediately shook his head. “You’re beautiful. It’s perfectly okay.” He told her with a reassuring smile. He was just not used to seeing her like this.

 

Hana smiled. “Really?”

 

Kyungsoo nodded as he walked towards her. “Yes. Really. I feel like my heart has been stolen by you again. For the nth time.”

 

She playfully poked his cheek. “Just how many hearts do you have?”

 

 

 

As they walked around the mall,

 

“So what are we going to do today?” Hana asked him.

 

“We’ll stroll a bit then we’ll watch movies then we’ll eat and we could also go to---“

 

“HANA!” An irritatingly familiar voice exclaimed.

 

As they looked back, it was one of Kyungsoo’s biggest nightmare.

 

Luhan.

 

He came running towards them and immediately embraced Hana into a tight hug. Ignoring the mere fact that Kyungsoo was just beside her.

 

Finally Luhan decided to notice him. “Oh. Hi there.” He mumbled half heartedly. He considered him as a friend before but now he’s a mortal enemy because Hana likes him.

 

*Is he blind? Can’t he see that Hana and I are on our date?* Kyungsoo thought as he pulled Hana to his side. “We’re currently having our date.” He said as he slung his arm around her shoulders protectively.

 

“DATE?!” Luhan raged as he turned to Hana waiting for her confirmation.

 

“Uh..yes. Kyungsoo’s my boyfriend now so we go on dates.” Hana explained very carefully.

 

Luhan’s beautiful face distorted in pain. “Why him?! He’s so short!” Luhan pouted as he pointed at Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened. “How dare you call me---“

 

“We have to go now. Bye Luhan!” Hana cut him off and immediately waved goodbye to him. Because she knew that Kyungsoo will definitely start a war against him.

 

“Hana! Don’t forget, I’m still waiting for you! If you don’t like him anymore, you can always just go to me! I’ll welcome you with my arms open wide!” Luhan grinned at him like a kid while stretching his arms out.

 

She just awkwardly smiled at him and walked off with Kyungsoo.

 

Of all of the people in the world, why did we have to see that guy specially on this day? Kyungsoo thought.

 

“That guy is really annoying. Annoying level: Luhan. That’s like beyond 1000 googleflex.” Kyungsoo muttered under his breath.

 

Hana giggled. *Jealous Kyungsoo is so adorable.* She thought as she watched him murmur words to himself.

 

 

 

 

At night,

 

“Did you enjoy our date?” Hana asked him.

 

Kyungsoo placed his arm on her waist as he pulled her closer to him. “Yes.” Then he suddenly frowned. “But if that Luhan guy didn’t show up, I bet our date would be so much more fun.”

 

“You hate him that much?”

 

“Who doesn’t? He so talkative for a guy. And he’s too cheerful. He doesn’t look like his age. His hair color’s always changing. He looks like a deer. And he’s so tall. He’s really …irritating.” Kyungso mumbled with a slight hint of hatred resounding from his voice. He was always like this whenever Luhan is their topic.

 

Hana studied his expression. “Are you jealous of him?”

 

“NO WAY. I’M NOT JEALOUS OF HIM. NEVER.” Kyungsoo exclaimed in a rather defensive way.

 

Hana grinned. “You’re clearly jealous of him.”

 

Kyungsoo sighs. “I just don’t really like him. I mean, he’s been with you when you were younger and he’s always clinging to you, hugging you and such. And up until now, he saying that he’s not giving up? He’s really… annoying.” He confesses.

 

“Don’t worry. I love you. Luhan’s just a close friend.” Hana tried to make him feel better.

 

“Is that true?” Kyungsoo asks.

 

 

Hana nodded. “101% true.”

 

 

He finally smiled. Small things like that from her are enough to calm his heart. “I suddenly remembered when I still haven’t met you, I remember wishing for my life to be different. At that time, I was so tired of my life which only has one cycle. I really feel sad during those times. That’s why I wished for my life to be different. And then the next morning, my prayer was already answered. That’s when I met you.”

 

And that’s when Kyungsoo suddenly thought of something. “Isn’t it amazing? We’re both so different and yet we still---“

 

“It’s because opposites attract.” Hana cut him off. "Everything that you are is what I'm not. And that's what makes us perfect."

 

He smiled as he nodded. “Yeah. that’s right.

 

“I wonder what would’ve happen to me if I didn’t met you on that day. If we didn’t meet, maybe I’ll be like before. As miserable as ever.” Hana mumbled with a sad smile.

 

“I can’t imagine what my life would’ve been if you were not with me. It’s as weird as it sounds. I can’t picture myself without you by my side.” Kyungsoo told her.

 

“You won’t leave me right?” He suddenly asked her.

 

Hana gave him a weird look. “What makes you think that I would?”

 

Kyungsoo shrugged. “Just don’t okay?” He asked her again.

 

“Don’t worry. I’ll stay by your side until we grow old. Until all of our hair turned white. I’ll be with you.” She smiled as she ruffled his soft brown hair.

 

“You should.” He mumbled as he curled a loose strand of her hair at the back of her ear and gently kissed her forehead.

 

And before they know it, they were already soundly sleeping in each other’s arms.

 

 

 

=================================================================================

 

 

A/N:

 

Yaaaay. This is the end of the story. But don’t worry, I’ll be making a oneshot sequel. I’ll post it when I’m done with it. Hihi.

 

Ofcourse I’d like to say thank you to my subscribers. To my readers/ silent readers. To those who upvoted this story. And to everyone who paid attention to it,

 

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! ^^

 

I know this is not the best D.O fic but still thank you for reading it and for giving comments.

 

 

Godbless everyone!

 

<3