Chapter 22: Wake up, Jung Hana!

Opposites Attract

 

============================================================

 

3 days later,

 

Hana slowly opened her eyes.  She scanned her eyes around the area. Light beige colored walls. Green cabinets. *This is Pororo’s house. She thought in relief. Good thing she’s not in the hospital. Or worse in her house. It would be a complete nightmare if she’s in her own house. That’s why she doesn’t want to go back there.

Hana tried to sit up and her right hand ached as she tried to move it. That’s when she saw Kyungsoo sleeping by her bedside, holding her hand. *Why is he sleeping here?* She thought as she stared at him.

Kyungsoo looked so tired. He had bags under his eyes. It looked like he hasn’t been sleeping well. *What’s happening to him?* Hana frowned as she tapped his shoulder.

Kyungsoo woke up and his eyes rounded. He was surprised because Hana is already awake. Out of excitement, he hugged her. “You’re awake!” He blurted out of excitement. He couldn’t even contain the happiness in his heart because Hana was finally awake.

For three days, he had not been leaving her side while holding her hand, patiently waiting for her to open her eyes. He didn’t attend his classes just for her. He couldn’t even eat properly because he was too worried for her. For three days, he was just by her side, praying that she’ll finally wake up. And now that she’s awake, he was too happy. Happy enough to hug her.

“Ahh! My arm!” Hana yelped in pain because Kyungsoo’s arm accidentally bumped her right arm.

Kyungsoo backed away. “Why? What happened to your arm?” He asked in a worried tone as he examined Hana’s right arm. “Does it hurt so bad?” He asked as he turned to Hana who was staring at him weirdly.

“What?” Kyungsoo panicked.

“You’re acting.. weirdly. What happened to you? Why’re you so concerned?” Hana asked him in confusion. She was not used to being cared for. This was completely new to her.

*She’s right. Why am I so concerned?* Kyungsoo asked himself as he tried to act calmly. “You…. you’ve been asleep for three days. I really thought you’re going to die. Good thing you woke up. I was just.. excited.” Kyungsoo reasoned out as he looked away.

“Three days?” Hana asked in a surprised tone.

Kyungsoo immediately nodded. “Yes. Three days.”

“I’m so great right? I’ve been asleep for three days.” She boasted off in a weak tone.

Kyungsoo eyed her. “That’s not something to boast about.” He mumbled. “What about your wounds? Are you okay now? Should we go to a nearby hospital to have you checked up?” He asked her.

Hana shook her head. “No need. I’m fine. My right arm is just.. aching abit. Other than that… I think I’m okay.”

“Now that I remember it, I have something to give you.” Kyungsoo said.

“Huh?” Hana asked as he turned to him.

In no time, Kyungsoo flicked her forehead.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!” Hana exclaimed at him angrily.

“No matter what, you should always remember that you’re still a girl. Please don’t do things carelessly again.” He told her in a serious tone.

Hana ignored him and just massaged her forehead while grumbling something to herself.

Kyungsoo watched her from the corner of his eyes. He had so many questions running inside his head. Who are the guys who kidnapped him? And what’s her relationship with them. Specially the Zico guy. He thought with a small frown. And what’s more is where did Hana get 50 million won? He thought.  

But if he’s directly going to ask her, he knew she would never answer him correctly. Maybe it’s best if I don’t know. I’ll just wait for her to tell it to me.

Kyungsoo watched Hana rub her eyes. He smiled. *She’s like a kid.* He thought. “Are you hungry?” He asked her.

“Yes. Very.” Hana nodded.

Kyungsoo stood up with a grin. “Wait here. I’ll prepare something.” He said as he stormed out of the room and immediately went to the kitchen to prepare something.

 

 

….

 

 

At the kitchen,

While he was chopping the ingredients, he suddenly remembered what Hana told him earlier.

“You’re acting.. weirdly. What happened to you? Why’re you so concerned?”

He suddenly stopped whatever he was doing and thought about it. *Why am I so concerned? Why am I so happy that she was awake? The happiness that I felt was greater than the happiness I felt when I topped the Entrance Exam in Seoul University. And why did I hug her? Why am I like this?* He asked himself as he bit his lip. What was happening to him? Now that he thought about it, he didn’t go to school for three days just for her. Seriously, what’s happening to him?

 

 

 

“Pororo! I’m hungry!” Hana exclaimed from the room.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo snapped out of his bizarre thoughts. “Yes! I’m preparing it!” he answered her as he prepared the food again.

 

 

 

…..

 

 

 

Hana stared at the spoon in front of her and turned to Kyungsoo. “I’m not handicapped. Give me the spoon. Now.” She ordered him.

“Say ahh~” Kyungsoo cooed her, completely ignoring what she said earlier.

“Do Kyungsoo!” Hana exclaimed at him.

Kyungsoo sighed as he placed the spoon on the bowl again. “You’re clearly injured. Why are you refusing my help?” He pouted.

“I can do it. Besides, I can still use my left arm.” Hana told him.

Kyungsoo made a face at her. “I know you’re not left handed. And I don’t want you to spill the soup on the bed.”

Hana bit her lower lip. “I’m not a baby. Plus, you’re clearly making fun of me. Just give me the spoon and get out of this room.” She told him with a frown.

Kyungsoo innocently shook his head. “No. I’m not making fun of you. I just want to help you.”He told her.

“You can actually help me by just going out of this room and letting me eat alone.” Hana said as she glared at him.

Kyungsoo sighed. *Why are you so hard headed?* He thought as he eyed Hana. She was pouting like a kid who was throwing tantrums. *Cute.* He smiled.

*Wait. Did I just call her cute?* Kyungsoo asked himself as he froze. *That’s really impossible. She’s scary Kyungsoo. She’s not cute. She’s not. She’s not.* He thought to himself as he shook his head.

 

 

===============================================================

 

Miami Heat will definitely win in the second game. *___* Go HEAT!