Chapter 20: What?!

Opposites Attract

 

 

 

===============================================================

 

 

A typical friday morning.

 

Hana was watching the TV with a bored face as usual. She grabbed the remote control to switch channels but to her dismay, she was only able to find news reports. So she decided to just randomly press the buttons out of boredom. And that’s when Pororo popped out from the screen. *It’s better than the news.* Hana thought as she relaxed herself on the chair while she focused her eyes on the TV.

 

Just then, Kyungsoo ran towards the other side of the room to get his bag. Hana let it slip and just ignored him. But then, it happened again. And again. And again.

 

Hana sighed. “Yah! Why do you keep running in front of me? I can’t watch the TV! If you’re going to pass in front of me, you should crawl.” She told to him.

 

Kyungsoo stopped running and turned to her. “This is my house.” He commented with a blank face. Then, he continued running around, trying to arrange all the things he needs for school. Kyungsoo was pacing throughout the house with his socks on his lip because he woke up late.

 

And now, he was currently combing his still wet hair while trying to find his shoes. Hana smiled to herself. *Pororo looks cute when he’s in panic mode.* She thought as she continued staring at him.

 

Kyungsoo turned to her with a frown. “Are you not going to help me?” He asked her.

 

Hana made a face at him. “You didn’t cook breakfast for me and now you expect me to help you?” She mocked him.

 

Kyungsoo rummaged through the cabinet and was able to find his left shoe. “It was because I woke up late!” He reasoned out as he went to the other cabinet and started to pull out all of the things inside it just to find his shoe. A smile appeared in his face as he saw the right shoe. *Finally.* He thought as he quickly put his socks and shoes on.

 

“Are you really late?” Hana asked him as she turned off the TV.

 

“Yes. Very late.” Kyungsoo answered without even looking up to her, He was busy putting his shoes on.

 

Hana finally stood up and grabbed her keys from the table. “I’ll just drop you to your school.”

 

Kyungsoo blinked for a moment. *It’s not a bad idea. Besides, I’m late.* He thought as he nodded.

 

“In one condition.” Hana added.

 

Kyungsoo tilted his head as his brows furrowed. “Huh?”

 

“You should cook the meat we bought last time when you come home.” Hana threatened him with a glare.

 

 

…..

 

 

The engine of the motorcycle finally stopped, making the clueless Kyungsoo lurch forward and because of that, he unconsciously hugged Hana. Kyungsoo blushed as soon as he realized what he had done and quickly he got off the motorcycle. “Mianhe.” He mumbled with a small blush.

 

Hana gave him a poker face. She doesn’t care. It doesn’t even matter to her.

 

Kyungsoo gave her a small smile. “Thank you for giving me a ride.” He said as he bit his lip.

 

Hana nodded to him as she wiped the dirt off the mirror in her motorcycle.

 

Kyungsoo eyed Hana from the corner of his eyes. “I’ll be going.” He said as he waited for her reply but she didn’t gave him any reply. For some reason, he wanted to hear something from her. *Why can’t she say anything to me before I go?* He thought with a small pout.

 

That’s when he heard the school bell rang. *I have to hurry.* He thought as he started to run.

 

“Kyungsoo!” Hana called.

 

Eventhough Kyungsoo knew he was going to be late if he went back to her, he still did. “What?” He asked with full of hopes.

 

Hana smiled. “Cook the meat deliciously okay?” She grinned happily.

 

Kyungsoo was supposed to feel irritated because she’s ordering him around again. But he felt the complete opposite of it. He was happy. And he didn’t know why.

 

 

….

 

 

Finally, Kyungsoo’s classes ended.

 

“We will go to Chanyeol’s house today right?” Sehun asked Kai. Kai nodded as he arranged his fringe. “As always.”

 

“You’re coming along with us right?” Chanyeol asked as he slung his arm around Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo nodded. He totally forgot about cooking for Hana.

 

Baekhyun pushed them. “Let’s go now. I’m really hungry. I can’t wait to eat.” Baekhyun whined.

 

“You’re always hungry.” Suho commented.

 

*Hungry… Eat…* Kyungsoo’s eyes widened. *I still have to cook for Hana.* He finally remembered.

 

“I think I can’t go.”  Kyungsoo finally said.

 

“WHAT?!” His friends chorused.

 

“I really can’t go. I still have to cook for Ha—“

 

“Ahhh. So it was because of your girlfriend.” Kai finished for him.

 

Kyungsoo just remained silent. *They won’t even believe me if I said she’s not my girlfriend so I just better not comment.* he thought.

 

“You’re neglecting us for your girlfriend.” Sehun pouted.

 

Kyungsoo frantically shook his head. “No. I was just---“

 

“Whatever. We have to hurry. We’ll go now. Next time, you should definitely go with us. Okay?” Chanyeol told him.

 

Kyungsoo smiled. “I will. Promise.”

 

With that his friends left. Although Kyungsoo felt a bit sorry because he didn’t have time to play around with them, but by the thought of going home and seeing Hana made his heart thump for joy. “I wonder how I should cook the meat later. Should I grill it?” He mumbled to himself as he happily walked out of the school.

 

Suddenly, a guy came up to him.

 

 “Do you know Jung Hana?” He asked Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo blinked as he nodded. “I do.” He said with a bit of hesitation evident in his voice. He eyed the guy. *He didn't look suspicious at all. Is he a friend of Hana?* He thought.

 

“She was in the hospital. Her motorcycle crashed on her way home.”

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened as his jaws dropped. “Where… where is she? Is she okay?” He started panicking.

 

“You should come with me then. Let’s give her a visit.” The guy said as he led Kyungsoo to a car parked near them. Without any hesitation, Kyungsoo came with him.

 

 

 

 

===============================================================