Chapter 36: Luhan's Jealousy

Opposites Attract

==========================================================

 

 

 

­Luhan happily ran down the staircase. Today was one of the days wherein he’ll be going to Hana’s house to visit her. He does that three times a week. Sometimes five. And sometimes he goes there almost every day.

 

A second, a minute, an hour, a day, a week, it’s all the same to him. No matter what he does, no matter how many pictures of her are posted in his room, he still misses her. It’s one of his sickness. And he calls it the ‘Jung Hana Disease’ And there’s only one way of curing that kind of disease.

 

And that’s to see her. For him, seeing Hana was enough. Just a glimpse at her face and his day is complete. And so he thought he’d just pay her a visit whenever he felt like he needed to see her face again. And today was one of those days. Today was one of the days wherein he badly needed the cure for the Jung Hana Disease.

 

In addition, since Hana’s too shy to give him the shirt which she secretly bought for him, he’s just going to get it from her. Or it might take forever before she gives it to him.

 

Luhan smiled. “I’m going to get the shirt Hana bought for me. And I’ll wear it everyday.” He mumbled to himself happily as he was about to leave his house.

 

“Luhan, it’s so early. Where are you going?” His mom asked him the moment she saw him. *It was just 9 in the morning. Just where is he headed to?*

 

“I’m going to visit Hana today.” Luhan beamed.

 

“Hana? Didn’t you visit her last Monday?” His mom recalled.

 

“Yep.” Luhan nodded. “But I want to see her today so I’ll be going there.”

 

“Why do you keep on going there? Hana might---“

 

“Hana is going to be my bride soon. I have to make sure that she won’t fall for any other guys out there. So I’ll be going now. Bye Mom!” Luhan said as he went immediately outside.

 

His mother worriedly watched him get inside the car. She knew from the start that his son really likes Hana. He’s even planning their marriage at the age of 10. But she also knew that Hana doesn’t like him that way. To her, Luhan was someone she needs to take care of. Just like a little brother. And Luhan had misinterpreted that ever since before. And that’s worries her. She was worried about how would Luhan react if he found out that Hana doesn’t love him that way he loves her.

 

 

….

 

 

At Hana’s house,

 

Luhan passed by the dining room, happily humming a song, he saw Kyungsoo cleaning the table. *That means Hana already finished eating breakfast.* He thought as he was about to go to her room but he suddenly noticed something.

 

Kyungsoo’s shirt. It looked way too familiar to him.

 

Luhan stared at Kyungsoo’s shirt for a few seconds. And he finally got it. *That’s the same shirt Hana secretly bought for me. Why does he have it? Did Hana give it to him?* Luhan thought with uneasiness as he went to Kyungsoo. His eyes were still on his shirt.

 

Kyungsoo noticed him and turned to him with a small smile. “Hana’s already in her room. I think she’s playing.” he told Luhan. He thought he was going to ask about her like he always does.

 

But Luhan didn’t mind what he said. He pointed to his shirt. “Your shirt.. Where did you get that?” Luhan asked him. Anxious to know what his answer will be.

 

Kyungsoo eyed his shirt. “Oh this.” He smiled. “Hana gave it to me last night.”

 

Luhan deeply frowned. “She gave it to you?” He asked him. *But isn’t that mine?*

 

Kyungsoo nodded. “She even told me that I look like a beggar that’s why she gave me this. But I know that she doesn’t mean that. Hana’s just---“

 

And that’s when Luhan thought of an idea. “So she said you look like a beggar..” He mumbled with a small nod, a plan was already forming in his mind.

 

 

Luhan walked inside Hana’s room only to find her playing videogames. Just like how Kyungsoo concluded earlier. He went to her side.

 

“Hana.” Luhan called her.

 

“You’re here again?” Hana asked, not bothering to look at him. She already knew that it was Luhan.

 

“Look at me.” Luhan demanded at her.

 

Hana didn’t mind him. She thought he was just going to pester her. “I’m playing.”

 

“Just stop that and look at me!”

 

Hana turned to Luhan in shock not minding if she has paused the game or not. That was the first time he has shouted at her. Ever. Luhan has always talked to her in a calm manner. But today was an exception. He looked serious. Really serious.

 

 And when she turned to him, she saw Luhan wearing a ripped shirt and he has some grease stains on his face and arms.

 

Hana frowned in confusion as she stared at him from head to toe. “You’re rich right? Why are you dressed like that? Is that your fashion statement?” Hana asked him.

 

“I absolutely  look like a beggar right?”

 

Hana nodded. “Yeah…. kinda.”

 

“Now that I look like a beggar, will you buy me a shirt?” Luhan asked her as he stared right in her eyes.

 

“Huh? You’re really weird Luhan. Stop playing around with me. I’m already busy playing a game.” Hana mumbled as she shook her head.

 

“But I’m serious! Why won’t you talk to me?!”

 

Hana turned back to him with a cold glare. “You want me to talk to you?”

 

“YES. I WANT YOU TO TALK TO ME. IF IT’S POSSIBLE, I’D LIKE TO HEAR YOUR VOICE EVERY SINGLE SECOND. BUT I CAN’T---“

 

“Go and change your clothes first. And, remove those grease stains on your face. It really distracts me. I’ll talk to you when you’re back in your normal Luhan mode.” Hana mumbled lazily.

 

Luhan pouted as he took out his index finger and showed it to Hana. “Promise?” He asked her.

 

Hana sighed as she interlaced her index finger with his. This was just too childish for her. “Promise.”

 

 

….

 

Few minutes later, Luhan finally came back in a normal clothes. No grease stains or whatever.

 

“Why did you give my shirt to Kyungsoo?” Luhan asked her the moment he was inside her room.

 

“Your shirt? What shirt?” Hana asked as she continued playing. Not even bothering to look up at Luhan.

 

“My shirt! The one that you secretly bought for me when we had our first date.” Luhan pouted. Just how could Hana forget the details of their very first date.

 

Hana frowned but still, she played. “I don’t know what you’re talking about. I never bought a shirt for you.” She mumbled.

 

Luhan gulped as he stared at her. Her words were like sharp razors piercing through his heart. “So that shirt.. it was for him? You bought it for him?”

 

Hana didn’t answer. She didn’t want to admit it. So she just continued playing. Luhan sighed in irritation. He quickly went to the outlet and pulled the plug of the video game. He wants her attention. He’s asking her a question. And he wants an answer.

 

“WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU?!” Hana exclaimed in fury. First, Luhan disturbed her. And now he pulled out the plug. Great. Just great.

 

“I’m asking you if you bought Kyungsoo a shirt.” Luhan asked her again.

 

“I did.”

 

Luhan felt gloomy. Those two words were enough to weaken his knees. “Why did you do that?” He asked her in a weak tone.

 

Hana bit her lower lip. Should she tell him the truth? Should she tell him that he was thinking of Kyungsoo while they were together? Should she tell him that she thought Kyungsoo would look good wearing that shirt? Should she tell him that? Absolutely not.

 

“I.. just did. I thought I need to spend a few bucks or something. It’s not like I’ll turn poor if I bought him a shirt. That’s just it.” Hana lied.

 

She never even considered looking at the price of the shirt when she thought that it’ll look good on Kyungsoo. What she wanted was to see him wearing it. She wanted to see him wearing the shirt she picked especially just for him.

 

Luhan wasn’t convinced with her answer.  He stared at her with glum eyes. *What if what I felt before was right? What if Hana really likes him?* Luhan asked himself.

 

Hana felt uneasy with Luhan staring at him like that. “Aish. Just why is it so important? You want me to buy you a shirt? I’ll buy you the whole BWCW store instead.” Hana told him.

 

Luhan shook his head. He was still considering the possibility of Hana liking Kyungsoo. “That’s not it.”

 

Hana took out her phone and dialed a certain number. “Hello, this is Jung Hana. I’d like to buy the whole BWCW store at the Shinsadong. Yes. I will pay for it thro---“

 

Luhan grabbed her phone and ended the call. “I thought you want me to buy you a shirt? Here I am buying you the whole store and yet you’re refusing. What do you want me to do? You want me to buy a company who manufactures shirts? I could also do that.” Hana told him.

 

“I’m only asking you to buy me a shirt. I just want you to choose a shirt that would look good on me. I want that to happen.” Luhan asked her with a shaking voice. His tears were already forming in his eyes. “Hana, how hard is that to do?”

 

Hana looked away. Guilt filled up her chest. What Luhan wanted her to do for him was what she did for Kyungsoo. “I’ll just buy you a shirt next time. I’ll do that. Promise.” Hana mumbled quietly. “Just forget about that shirt.”

 

Luhan stared at her. He can still recall how happy Hana was when she was looking at the shirt. It was as if she was imagining Kyungsoo wearing it. And he couldn’t help but feel extremely jealous about it. Hana was his fiancée. So why would she bother buying another man something? Right?

 

“Do you love me?” He suddenly asked her.

 

“Luhan we’ve always been together since we were young. And you’re important to me.“ Hana tried to explain to him with a comforting smile as she patted his shoulder.

 

“What about Kyungsoo? Do you love him?” Luhan finally asked her as he tried to hold back his tears.

 

Hana’s eyes widened as soon as she heard him ask that. She never thought that Luhan would ask something like this. “I.. don’t.” Hana stuttered as she looked away. She was praying inside her head that Luhan wouldn’t notice. That he’s just let this slip away. That he’d return to the usual happy-go lucky Luhan she knew.

 

And that’s when a tear rolled down in his cheek. He already knew the answer to his own question.

 

 

“You do love him.”

 

===============================================================

 

 

Luhaaaan.