Chapter 35: The Shirt

Opposites Attract

 

 

===============================================================

 

 

 

 

At the nearby bush where Suho and Baekhyun are hiding,

 

Suho placed his palm on his forehead as he sighed. “Sehun really went on and talked to her. He’s really crazy.”

 

They’ve been following Hana and the bubbly guy all day long. And Suho already told the two of them that they’re going to talk to Kyungsoo about it. About his cheating girlfriend. It was completely out of the plan that Sehun would talk to her and ask her directly.

 

“He’s so hard headed.” Suho mumbled problematically.

 

“He’s just concerned about Kyungsoo.” Baekhyun mumbled with a small smile. “Don’t worry. I don’t think he’ll cause problems.” He added as he patted Suho’s back and turned to Sehun who was still talking with Hana.

 

As they watched the two talk, they noticed that there was a hint of confusion painted on Sehun’s face.  “I wonder what they’re talking about.” Suho eyed them curiously.

 

Baekhyun turned to him. “Do you think she’s really cheating?”

 

Suho stared at Hana, carefully studying her every move. “I.. don’t know. I don’t personally know her and Kyungsoo doesn’t say much about her too..”

 

 

 

Few minutes later, Sehun came to them with his usual pokerface on. “She said that they’re not in a relationship and that she just did that before so that she could get a revenge on Kyungsoo. I don’t get it.” Sehun mumbled with a furrowed brow. “ But I don’t think she’s lying.” He added.

 

“I think we really need to talk to Kyungsoo.” Baekhyun concluded. That was the only solution he could find.

 

 

 

 

Next day, at the spot where EXO always hangs out, there were only five of them Baekhyun was still buying his lunch.

 

Few minutes later,

 

Baekhyun finally arrived and he immediately turned to Kyungsoo. “So Kyung, how’s Hana?” He asked him out of the blue as he sat beside Kyungsoo.

 

Suho slightly shook his head. *He's too obvious.*

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened as he looked up. He was silently scanning his notes and Baekhyun suddenly brings up Hana which has never happened before. “W-why? Why’re you asking me this so suddenly?” He asked him suspiciously.

 

Baekhyun used his acting skills and innocently shrugged. “Just asking. You never really talk about her so I was just curious.”

 

“That’s right. We’d like to know what’s happening between the two of you.” Chanyeol grinned as he wriggled his brows.

 

Kyungsoo thought for a while. “We’re …okay. We went to the orphanage last Saturday. And Hana played with the kids.” Kyungsoo finally smiled upon recalling what happened last Saturday.  “At first she was a bit scared but after a short period of time she was able to---“

 

“Hyung, don’t you think that Yoonjo noona is so much more better than Hana?” Sehun mumbled in irritation.

 

Kyungsoo turned to him. “Huh?” he asked Sehun with furrowed brows.

 

“Yoonjo noona is prettier. She’s nice. She’s always smiling. She seems like she’ll be a better girlfriend than Hana.”

 

Kyungsoo didn’t like how Sehun talked about Hana. His frown deepened as his voice turned cold. “What do you mean by that?”

Sehun just shrugged. “I mean Yoonjo noona is definitely much better. Just break up with Hana and just date Yoonjo noona.”

 

“I don’t think so. Please don’t judge Hana that easily. You don’t personally know her. Hana might seem like she---“

 

“Do you want us to help you with Yoonjo? We could do that.” Kai offered with a smirk.

 

Kyungsoo shook his head without thinking twice. “No thanks.”

 

“You like Hana that much?” Suho asked him in shock. Kyungsoo really likes Yoonjo. And always chooses her above anything else. But now he chooses Hana over her. Does that mean he’s serious about her?

 

Kyungsoo turned to his Hyung. “Yes.” He finally admitted to himself that he is indeed in love with her. After a long time of denying his own feelings, for the first time he admitted that he loves her. “Hana’s unique. Don’t compare her with Yoonjo. Yes. She has her flaws. So many flaws. But I don’t care. Her imperfections makes her perfect. I’m happy when I’m with her. Eventhough we’re doing nothing, I’m very happy with just her mere presence. Her temper’s a bit short but that’s okay with me. Please don’t misunderstand her. She’s a good person. And ..I love her.”

 

“Eventhough she’s not your girlfriend?” Sehun asked him a trick question.

 

“I don’t care. Even if she’s not my girlfriend I can still love…” Kyungsoo suddenly realized something. “How did you know that?” He asked Sehun with wide eyes.

 

“We saw Hana with a guy yesterday. We thought she was cheating on you. So.. we decided to follow her. But, Sehun suddenly talked to her. And Hana said that she’s not your girlfriend. That she just said that before because she wanted to get revenge on you.” Suho explained to Kyungsoo.

 

Chanyeol turned to Kyungsoo, studying his unreadable expression. “Why didn’t you tell us?”

 

Kyungsoo sighed. “It’s because you won’t believe me. And it’s not really important. So I thought I’ll just.. let it slip away.”

 

“But do you really love her?” Kai asked curiously.

 

D.O nodded as his flushed red. “Yes.”

 

“What about her, does she love you back?” Chanyeol asked him excitedly.

 

D.O bit his lower lip. “I ..don’t think so. I.. I don’t know.” He mumbled quietly.

 

“Tch. You’re hopeless.” Kai shook his head in disappointment.

 

“Thanks Jongin.” Kyungsoo sarcastically answered back.

 

“But what about the guy yesterday? The one with the weird hair color. They look pretty close. Who’s he?” Baekhyun asked him.

 

“That’s… Luhan. He’s a childhood friend of Hana.” Kyungsoo told him. Excluding the fact that he claims to be Hana’s fiancé.

 

Sehun stepped up. “They look good together. Just let them pair up and go to---“ Chanyeol covered his mouth to stop him from talking. “Don’t mind him. Sehun’s just a bit weird lately.”

 

“So when do you plan on telling her your feelings?” Suho asked him.

 

Kyungsoo was dumbfounded by his question. “Do I have to?”

 

Suho placed his palm on his forehead. "You're right Kai. He's really... hopeless."

 

 

 

 

Hana stood in front of the mirror and held the paper bag which has the shirt she bought for Kyungsoo. She was practicing on how to give the shirt to him properly.

 

“I was walking around the mall yesterday and I thought I should give you something… “ She started on. “No. He’ll probably ask me why I bought him a shirt.” She mumbled to herself as she shook her head.

 

Hana breathed deeply as she tried to focus. “I saw this shirt and I thought that It’d look good on you… No. That would mean I’m thinking of him yesterday.” She told herself as she scratched her head in irritation.

 

“Just why is it so hard to give him this shirt?!” She asked herself as she stared at the paper bag. “There’s no way I could give this to him personally…” She mumbled with a small pout. And that’s when an idea finally struck her.

 

Hana grinned. “If I can’t give this to him personally, then I’ll just leave it at his room.” She smiled in contentment as she immediately went out of her room.

 

“I’m so smart.” Hana told herself as she made her way to Kyungsoo’s room. She thought that it was the best to leave the shirt at his room when he’s not yet around.

 

As Hana opened the door to Kyungsoo’s room, Her eyes widened as she froze at her spot.

 

Kyungsoo was already there. He was sitting at his bed, removing his socks. And it was evident in his face that he was surprised that Hana came to his room.

 

*. . .* Hana cursed in her head as she hid the paper bag at her back. *Why is he here? He usually comes home late.*

 

Kyungsoo stared at her. “Do you need something?” He asked her. Not knowing what to say.

 

Hana bit her lip as she held onto the paper bag tighter. *What should I do?* She asked herself in panic.

 

Kyungsoo noticed that she was hiding something in her back. “What’s that?” He asked her as he used his lips point whatever that was on her back.

 

Hana gulped. “Nothing.” She murmured ever so silently.

 

“Is that for me?” Kyungsoo tried to joke to lighten up the atmosphere.  But what happened was the complete opposite. Hana became more tensed.

 

*Whatever happens, happens.* Hana silently recited inside her head as she walked towards him. She pushed the paper bag to his chest and looked away.

 

Kyungsoo blinked. “It’s really for me?” He asked with a big smile as he opened the paper bag and took out the shirt with gleaming eyes.

 

Hana turned to him and she was distracted by his smile. *He looks so happy.* She thought in relief.

 

 “You bought it for me?” He suddenly asked like a kid. The dreaded question has finally been out.

 

“I… uh…” Hana struggled to find the right words but she just couldn’t. “It’s because you look like a beggar.” She reasoned out.

 

Kyungsoo stared at her, waiting for her to continue what she was saying.

 

“Just what kind of clothes are those? They.. don’t look good.” Hana grabbed the shirt from his hand. “Wear this so that you wouldn’t look like a beggar.” She mumbled.

 

Kyungsoo shook his head in amusement. “There are better ways of giving me this. But, thank you” Kyungsoo told her with a smile. He was deeply moved by what she did.

 

Hana just nodded. “I’ll be going now.” She said before finally leaving the room.

 

 

 

===============================================================

 

 

:)