Chapter 16: Cooking Time

Opposites Attract

 

 

=============================================================

 

 

 

Kyungsoo walked towards the kitchen as he wore the apron from the rack. Then he grabbed the pink apron and handed it to Hana.

 

Hana raised a brow at him. “I don’t cook.”

 

Kyungsoo smiled as he hung the apron on her neck. “You mean you can’t right?” Hana frowned and properly tied the apron at her back. “I just don’t want to cook. But I’m a great cook.”

 

“We’ll see your cooking skills today.” Kyungsoo silently hummed as he opened the fridge and took out the necessary ingredients one by one. Then he placed them on the table. Hana silently watched him with a small pout. *Show off.* She thought as she sat on the chair and drummed her fingers on the table.

 

Kyungsoo placed the chopping board on the table and began slicing the garlic.

 

“What are you going to cook?” Hana queried as she turned to him.

 

“Kimchi spaghetti.” Kyungsoo smiled as he looked at her. It was the dish he was known for. And the dish that he really liked.

 

Hana frowned in confusion. “Kimchi spaghetti?” The expression in her face was disgust. Who the hell would put kimchi in spaghetti right? That’s weird. “Are you sure it’s edible?” She asked him.

 

Kyungsoo lightly smirked. *You might even forget your name after eating it.* he thought as he shook his head a little. He didn’t answer her. Because he knew she’ll just snap back at him so he just continued mincing the garlic.

 

“Hana, you slice an onion. I’ll prepare the pasta.” Kyungsoo told her as he opened the refridgerator and carefully took the pasta. Then he placed it in the stock pot. He noticed that Hana was just standing there, eyeing the onion weirdly.

 

“It will not be chopped into pieces even if you will stare at it with your laser eyes for a whole day. Just chop it down.” He told her.

 

Hana made a face at him while his back was facing her. *Who the hell does he think is he to order me around?* She thought as she grabbed the knife. *You want me to chop it? Okay. I will.* She thought as she placed the knife above her head and breathed deeply. After that, four loud chopping sounds were heard.

 

*She’s just supposed to mince it. Why is the sound so loud?* Kyungsoo immediately looked back at her. And he saw the onion which was supposed to be round was now turned into a rectangle. It had four corners.

 

“What did you do?” He asked her. Hana shrugged. “It’s my own way of cutting the onion. I don’t want to cut myself so, I did it the fast way.” She answered as if it was the simplest thing to her.

 

Kyungsoo shook his head  with a small sigh. “You really…”

 

“What?! You told me to cut it right?!” She exclaimed at him. She really doesn't get him sometimes. He asks her to do one thing but when she does it, he always has this kind of irritating expression.

 

Kyungsoo tried to gather all of his patience inside his body and deeply breathed. “Okay. Just sit there and watch me prepare it so that you’ll know how to do it.” He told her.

 

Hana slightly pouted but she made her way to the nearest chair and slumped on it. *Just what is wrong with him? He told me to cut it and when I already did what he told me, he tells me to stop.* She thought as her lip twitched to the side.

 

"Next time, never ask me to do anything I can't!" She glared at him.

 

Kyungsoo smiled. "Finally admitting that you can't cook?" He asked her.

 

"I can cook. I can't cut onions. They are stingy." She snapped back.

 

Kyungsoo nodded. "As you say so." He teased.

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo was now mixing the sauce with the pasta. For the past 30 minutes, he had been blabbering about what he did what I should do in case I’m going to cook kimchi spaghetti. He’s so noisy.

 

“So after you already mixed the sauce with the pasta, that’s when you’ll add the cheese on top. Then mix it again.” Kyungsoo explained as he added the cheese on top.

 

Hana lazily stretched out her arms and yawned. “Tch. What’s the difference of placing the damn cheese on the first application of the sauce? Just mix it all at once.” She rolled her eyes.

 

“That’s much more important because---“

 

“Whatever. It’ll all go inside my stomach as one. What’s important is the taste.” She cut him off.

Kyungsoo shook his head and just sighed. *She’s really unbelievable.*

 

 

 

……

 

 

 

“So, how does it taste?” Kyungsoo asked Hana with probing eyes as she chewed the spaghetti in .

 

Hana nodded as she gulped it down. “Mmm.. not bad.” She commented as she twirled her fork in the pasta again and began to eat more.

 

Kyungsoo made a face at her. “Eyy.. Stop lying. It’s really delicious right?” He asked her with anticipation. He wanted to know how Jung Hana will react to his favorite dish.

 

She just shrugged. “Kinda.”

 

But to be honest, it was one of the most scrumptious dishes she has tasted. Ever. She just didn’t want to admit it to him because he’ll surely brag about it to her. So she just quietly savored the dish right in front of her.

 

 

==============================================================