Chapter 38: Sudden

Opposites Attract

 

================================================================

 

 

 

 

“Kyung, do you like me?”

 

 

 

The usual smile plastered on his face slowly faded as he heard her sudden question. He turned to look at her. He was expecting a playful grin on her lips but there wasn’t anything like that. Her lips were pressed into a thin line. Hana wasn’t even smiling. Her eyes stared right into his, waiting for him to say something. She was serious.

 

It was a real question which requires a real answer.

 

Kyungsoo gulped as he blinked several times. *Why is she asking me this out of the blue? Did she notice that I like her? Was I too obvious? What do I say? How do I answer her?* Million of questions are raced inside his mind at the moment. He couldn’t even think straight. Everything was just so jumbled.

 

He opened his mouth to speak up. But no words came out of it. His throat run dry as his fingers trembled. He was afraid of what his answer should be and how she will react to it. It was like now or never. It was as if his whole life will depend on how he would answer her.

 

 

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

“When do you plan on telling her?” Suho asked him. There was a hint of excitement in his tone.

 

Kyungsoo turned to him. “Do I have to?”

 

The truth is, Kyungsoo never considered telling Hana how he really felt. Why? Because he was afraid of the consequences. And most of the time, he was terrified. He wasn’t even sure if Hana likes him. And to think of it, he doesn’t even stand a chance on her heart. He was like a bug compared to the cheerful and always smiling Xi Luhan who was actually her fiancé. And so, he has made up his mind that he’ll be okay with just watching her from afar. He’ll be okay with just seeing her every single day. That alone was enough for him.

 

Kai frowned at him in confusion. “Have you ever considered her being your girlfriend? You like her right? Shouldn’t you be thinking about being in a relationship with her?”

 

Kyungsoo slightly laughs. Being Hana’s boyfriend was simply… impossible for him. “I don’t think that’ll ever happen.”

 

Chanyeol slung his arm around Kyungsoo’s shoulders. “Then you’re okay with Hana having a relationship with other guys out there?”

 

Kyungsoo was stunned by himself. He found it really hard to tell Chanyeol that ‘it’s okay’ Because deep inside, he knew it was not okay and it will never be okay. He didn’t like how Zico acted towards Hana. And Luhan was definitely a different case. He doesn’t like seeing him sticking by her side. And his mere existence irritates him a little. A lot actually.

 

“It’ll be okay. What I need is just to see her everyday. I’m fine with that.” Kyungsoo whispered a big lie.

 

“What if Hana married someone else? How will you be able to see her then?” Sehun asked him with a mocking tone.

 

Kyungsoo’s brows furrowed as his lips twitched to the side. It was something he has never thought about. Just what is he supposed to do when Hana suddenly decides to marry someone else? Now that he thought about it, Hana marrying someone else is his biggest nightmare. Specially if that ‘someone else’ isn’t him.

 

Baekhyun patted his back to calm him down a little. ”Just tell her how you really feel.”

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun’s words resounded through his mind. ”Just tell her how you really feel.”

 

*I have to tell her how I feel. I really have to.* Kyungsoo turned to her. Determination was written all over his face. Where did he get his confidence? From Baek maybe? He doesn’t know either. He just thought that if he doesn’t tell her how he actually feels, it woud be as if he won’t be able to tell it to her. Ever.

 

“The truth is, I was---“

 

“Miss Hana!” One of her maids exclaimed as she came in rushing.

 

Kyungsoo stopped talking and chewed on his bottom lip. His first ever confession was just interrupted. Great.

 

Hana turned to the maid with an annoyed face. “What?” She asked her. She has been waiting for his answer. The seconds of waiting for his answer felt like years to her. She really wanted to know where she stands in his heart or if she even has a place in it. Just why did she barge in so suddenly?

 

The maid immediately calmed down as Hana stared at her coldly. “Its your parents Miss Hana.” She mumbled quietly.

 

Hana sighed. “I don’t care. Were talking about something important.” Then she turned to Kyungsoo. “Continue what you’re saying.” She nodded at him.

 

“But they’re here.” Her maid told her.

 

Hana shook her head with a smirk. “You told me that a thousand times before. Stop lying. They won’t go here. They’re always---”Hana suddenly stopped when she saw two figures entering the dining room.  A woman in her mid 40s and a man in his 50s. And even though she doesn’t want to admit it, she knew who they are.

 

They were her parents.

 

Kyungsoo stared at the visitors in shock. *They are Hana’s parents?* Kyungsoo looked at them. *Yeah. She resembles her mother but she definitely got her eyes from her father.* He thought.

 

“Hana.” Her mother smiled widely as she saw her daughter that she hasn’t seen for years. She stretched her arms out as she went to her, clearly asking for a hug.

 

Hana stood up. But instead of going to her, she just passed by her. The smile on her mother’s face slowly vanished.

 

“We just came. Go back to your seat and eat dinner with us.” Her father sternly told her. He didn’t like how she ignored her mother.

 

Hana stopped walking. “I already lost my appetite.” She answered him without even looking back. With that, she went straight to her room and shut the door loudly.

 

 

..

 

 

Dinner.

 

Eventhough she didn’t want to eat with them, she had to. Because her father said it. There’s nothing she could do. If Hana is domineering, then her father is ten times more.

 

Hana silently sat on her chair and stared her plate. She found it weird seeing her parents’ faces. They were like a stranger to her, And she almost forgot how they look like. They’ve always been away. They were always busy. And then, all of a sudden they’re here, right in front of her, eating with her. It was strange. *Something’s going on. There has to be a reason why they suddenly came back.* Hana thought as she gripped on her spoon.

 

“Aren’t you going to eat yet?” Her mother asked her.

 

Her sweet voice sounded peculiar to her ears. Just when was the last time she heard her voice?

 

“Why are you here? Just why did you come back?” She mumbled.

 

“We thought we should pay you a visit.” Her father told her as he eyed Hana.

 

Her mom smiled. “And because we missed you.”
 

“Missed?” Hana sarcastically asked. It was really rare that her parents came home. They were always busy. They never even contacted her. And now they just suddenly appeared like this? Something’s wrong. Something’s really wrong.

 

“Why did you come back?” She asked them again, demanding for the real answer.

 

Her mother started explaining. “Well, actually, we heard that you rejected Luhan. Hana you’re going to get married to him in the future. You should call him and say that----“

 

Hana clenched her jaw as soon as she got their point. Everything was all about them. They were thinking about the company’s reputation. It’s because they were partners with Luhan’s parent’s that’s why. For the very least, she was thinking that they came home maybe because they heard that she came back. She thought they were worried about her leaving the house for several years. She thought they would care about her. But she was wrong. They never did care for her.

 

Never.

 

“Bull.”

 

Her father slapped her as she cursed. “How dare you talk to your mother like that? Where are your manners?!” He exclaimed in fury.

 

Hana smirked as she touched her swollen cheek. She didn’t know anymore if it was her cheek or her heart that hurts. She stopped her tears and turned to her father. “Someone also asked me the same question. He asked me about my manners and if my parents didn’t teach me those. I couldn’t even answer him. I couldn’t tell him that my parents didn’t. They didn’t teach me manners.”

 

“Hana.” Her mother tried to stop her. She knew that this would only lead to a fight.

 

“Don’t expect me to be well mannered. You didn’t teach me to. And everything else that the parents must teach their children, you didn’t do it.”

 

“Can’t you realize why we were always away? Were doing this for you! You’re so narrow minded!” Her father shook his head in dismay.

 

Hana nodded. “Ahhh. That’s right. It’s for me right? It’s for my future right?” She asked them sarcastically. “But did you ask me about what I want? Did you? You never did. What I want was never an option. But if you just asked me what I wanted, would you know what it would be? Instead of a big mansion, where I’m always alone, I’d prefer a small house. Which feels home. I don’t need tons of toys and money. I don’t need a rich family. A luxurious life. I never asked for it. What I want is a simple life. A mother and a father who would always be there for me. That’s all I want. But a thing as simple as that … you can’t even give it to me.”

 

“You should be grateful that we are your parents! Other children are asking for a rich family. You should be thankful to us that you didn’t experience any hardship in life!” Her father told her.

 

“I should be grateful that you’re my parents?” Hana sarcastically smiled. “Why? On 5th birthday, on my 6th, 7th and so on, did you show up? Were you there? When I was bullied at school because I was the daughter of the Jungs, were you there? During my graduations, Were you there? When I was kidnapped, while I was  suffering from trauma, were you there? You weren’t!” She mumbled with a trembling voice. “You were never there for me.”

 

Silence filled the dining room. Suddenly, Hana spoke up again. “If you’re thinking that I’ll be marrying Luhan, don’t even think about it. I’m never going to marry that guy.” She said.

 

“And why? Luhan is a good guy. Why don’t you like him?” Her mother asked her in disappointment.

 

“I have someone else that I love.” Hana insisted.

 

Her father raised an eyebrow. “And who would that be?”

 

 

 

“His name is Kyungsoo… Do Kyungsoo.”

 

 

 

==============================================================

 

 

 

Sorry for the very late updateee. 2 more weeks and it's already our sembreak. So more updatess. Yay. Byeeee. :>