Chapter 31: Smile

Opposites Attract

 

 

 

===============================================================

 

 

 

Kyungsoo’s POV

 

 

“Oh! You’re her friend?” Luhan asked him with wide eyes. It was evident in his face and in the tone of his voice that he was surprised. *What’s so shocking with me being friends with her?* Kyungsoo thought with a small frown. Luhan was really weird. He thought as he just nodded at Luhan, not knowing what to say to him.

 

“I’m Xi Luhan. I’m Hana’s Lulu. And Hana is going to be my bride. We’re going to get married right after I finish my studies. I’m her fiancé.” Luhan announced with a big grin.

 

Kyungsoo stiffened as he felt his heart stop. *Fiancé? Hana’s going to get married to ..him?* He thought as he stared at the cheerful guy in front of him. *This guy is going to be her husband in the future?* He asked himself not knowing how he would react.

 

Kyungsoo slowly bit his lip as he stared at the cold floor. *No way..*

 

He just can’t imagine Hana getting married to anyone. Specially to the guy in front of him. He just can’t help but feel …jealous. Yes. Do Kyungsoo feels jealous as of the moment. Hana never talked to him about this. She never mentioned someone named Luhan or being engaged to anyone. Hana didn’t say anything to stop Luhan from talking and she didn’t deny the fact that he was her fiancé either. Does this mean she loves him?

 

Luhan smiled as he took Kyungsoo’s hand and shook it. “Thank you for taking care of my Hana. But, don't worry.  I’ll take my place from now on. You don't have to take care of her from now on.”

 

Kyungsoo breathed deeply. He found it hard to digest everything that’s coming out from Luhan’s mouth. *He’ll take his place from now on? So I’m just his replacement? A substitute? This is just so wrong. I stayed by her side not just because she needs me. But because I want to. Eventhough she doesn’t admit it, I know she needs me. She needs someone to cook for her..  someone who would take care of her… someone who would..*

 

Kyungsoo sighed. He knew he was just fooling himself. Hana doesn’t need him. It was the other way around. He needs her. He knew his day wouldn’t be complete if he didn’t receive a cold glare from her. He wouldn’t be able to go to sleep unless Hana demands him to cook something delicious for her. And he can’t let a single day pass by without seeing her face.* Kyungsoo suddenly stopped upon realizing what he just said to himself.  *Wait. It sounds as if I’m in love her… Am I in love with her?* Kyungsoo asked himself, not certain how to answer his own question.

 

And that’s when Luhan interefered his thoughts. “Our couple name is LuHana. It’s cute right?” Luhan asked Kyungsoo with high hopes. He was expecting him to say ‘Yes’

 

Kyungsoo slightly frowned. *LuHana? I don’t know. That’s …not cute at all.* He thought as he didn’t respond. Luhan pouted. “I’m asking if you are agreeing with me. Is it cute?” Luhan asked him again.

 

Suddenly, Hana walked towards them and held Luhan by his arm. “I told you to get out right?” Hana asked him with a glare. “Are you really not going to leave?”

 

Luhan pouted cutely at her before glancing at his wristwatch. “5:30” He read the time with a heavy heart. He knew he had to leave now because he has something to do. Luhan looked up at Hana and saw her smiling brightly now that he’s finally going to leave.

 

Luhan turned to her with a sad expression painted on his lovely face. “I know you don’t want me to leave. You don’t have to fake a happy expression.” Luhan told her as he gently patted the back of her head.

 

Hana rolled her eyes at him as she pushed Luhan’s hand away. “Your level of being annoying increased. Are you aware of it?”

 

“But, don’t worry I’ll call you every single second and I’ll always drop by here so that you won’t miss me.” He told her with a big grin as he gently pinched her right cheek, completely ignoring what she just said earlier.

 

“Don’t worry. I won’t miss you. Ever. So you can go now and don’t come here ever again.” Hana faked a smile as he pushed Luhan towards the door.

 

Luhan stopped her and turned around. “I know why you won’t miss me. It’s because I’m always in your heart right?” He asked her as he brightened up.

 

“Whatever.” Hana sighed as she shook her head. Luhan is really.. ridiculous. As always.

 

Suddenly, Luhan hugged her and he turned serious. “I really missed you. From now on, don’t go anywhere without telling me okay? In 3 years I’ll be finishing my studies and then, we’ll get married. Wait for me okay? And don’t look at other guys. I’ll get realllllly jealous if you do.” He warned her with a pout before walking towards the door.

 

Finally, Luhan left the room, leaving Hana and Kyungsoo there, standing still in pure awkwardness. No one dared to talk. The room was filled with ear breaking silence.

 

And Kyungsoo was the first one to break that silence. He couldn't bear to stand there for too long. “I.. I think I should also leave. I have something to do too.” Kyungsoo mumbled as he was about to open the door. He wants to leave the room as soon as possible. He thinks that if he’s with her for a few more minutes, his heart would explode.

 

“Wait.” Hana stopped him by holding the hem of his shirt. She still has something to tell him.

 

Kyungsoo looked back to her. A glimmer of hope was seen in his eyes. “What is it?”

 

“Luhan is not my fiancé. He’s the only one who insisting that he’s my fiancé. But he’s really not. We’ve known each other since we were small and he’s always sticking by my side but the whole engagement thing was not final or whatsoever.”

 

Kyungsoo couldn’t help but smile. Atlast, all the anxiety filling up his heart slowly faded away. But there’s one question forming up in his mind. “Why are you telling me this?” He asked her. Yes. He was happy to know that Luhan was just assuming that he was Hana’s future husband. But he just doesn’t get why Hana told him that. It’s just so unlike her.

 

Hana blinked several times as she tried to think of a reason why she told him that. *Just why did I tell him that without thinking twice?!* Hana scolded herself in her thoughts. She just doesn’t want Kyungsoo to misunderstand things. And she doesn’t want him to think that she likes Luhan.

 

“…It’s because you’re so stupid! I told you that because I know you’d come up with your weird conclusions and then you’ll tell me that I’m so distant and you’d be so dramatic and such. That’s just it. Nothing else.” Hana explained to him defensively. Her cheeks were showing a hint of pink.

 

Kyungsoo smiled at her. *Okay.. don’t worry. Now that I know everything, I won’t think of anything else.* He thought. "Thank you for telling me." He mumbled with a happy smile before finally leaving her room.

 

Hana stared at the door, recalling how bright Kyungsoo's smile was. "He smiled happily as if he was a little kid." She mumbled to herself.

 

And she knew that just because of that smile, she's falling for him more and more.

 

 

 

 

================================================================

 

 

Sorry for the extremely late update. Blame my Professor in Arts. Hahahaha. XD