Chapter 4: Kitty?

Opposites Attract

 

 

===============================================================

 

 

 

“It’s still green!” Kyungsoo whispered to himself as he immediately ran towards the pedestrian to cross to the other street. He was 10 meters away from it.

 

Suddenly, the green light started to blink. *Nooooo. It’s going to change.* Kyungsoo started to run faster.

*Wait. Turn red after I cross!* He prayed in my head while he was running.

 

Kyungsoo felt that everyone in that street was staring at him weirdly. *So embarrassing.* He thought as he closed his eyes and just tried to ignore them. Being able to cross the street is much more important for him.

 

*Come on D.O you can do this.* He thought while running closer to the pedestrian line.

 

*Just a little bit!* Kyungsoo was just a few steps of reaching the pedestrian line when it suddenly turned red. The cars sped off and he immediately stopped on his tracks. *Great. Just great.* He thought as he shut his eyes close and sighed in irritation.

 

“Aigoo.. I’m going to be late for school now!” Kyungsoo mumbled to himself as he looked at the stoplight. *It’s still red.* He glanced at his watch. *15 more minutes and I’m late.*

 

Kyungsoo breathed deeply with his eyes closed. “Patiently. Wait patiently.” He talked to no one in particular while tapping his foot impatiently.

 

He couldn’t wait. Every second felt like years. Thousand of years.

 

“Come on turn green now.” He whispered to himself.

 

Every minute passed by very slowly. And Kyungsoo is slowly getting annoyed while he was tapping on his foot and glancing at his watch.

 

 “Maybe I’ll just take a shortcut.” He said as he walked away and went into a small and hidden alley.

 

 

 

 

As he was walking in the alley,

 

It was small, and looked really hidden. *Is this really the shortcut that I used to go to?* Kyungsoo wondered, but still, he kept walking.

 

As he walked on further, he saw three men there. They looked like—gangsters. I mean it. They have those dragon tattoos in their beefy arms and they look scary as hell. Their clothes are kinda ripped. One more thing is that they smoke. *They are real gangsters.* Kyungsoo thought as he gulped at the sight of them. He has never seen one in real life before. He thought they only exist in movies.

 

He was about to walk away but, one guy noticed him. “Look there’s a lost kitten.” He said. The four other guys laughed as they turned to him.

 

*Kitten? Who’re you calling a kitten? I’m more of a tiger.* He thought as he stared at them with a look. But since he’s the kind of guy who doesn’t want to be involved in fights…

 

“S-sorry. I.. uh.. I was just passing by. Please don’t mind me.” Kyungsoo said as he bowed to them and was about to walk away but before he could, the three of them stood up and walked towards him.

 

One of them grabbed him by his collar. “Passing by? This is our territory.” He said coldly.

 

Kyungsoo looked around. *This small, dark, smelly alley? Their territory? That must be a joke.* He thought. “I’m sorry.” He apologized again as he bit his lower lip.*Looks like I’m in a big trouble.*

 

“Sorry is not enough. Get him guys.” Another one commanded.

 

With that, Kyungsoo pushed the guy who was grabbing him by his collar and ran as fast as he could. He doesn’t even know where he is right now but he just continued running because he had no other choice.*Why do I have to be unlucky? I mean always unlucky.*

 

And that’s when he ran into a dead end. Kyungsoo panted as he shook his head. *I’m so dead. Nice one Kyungsoo. Nice one.* He thought as he sighed and sweated real hard.

 

He heard their footsteps coming closer. Kyungsoo curled up his fists and bit his lower lip. *What do I do now? Aish. I should have just waited for the traffic light to turn green. This is what I get for being so impatient.*

 

“So kitty, give up now.” One of them said.

 

*Why do they keep calling me kitty? Argh. It’s seriously getting on my nerves.* He faced them courageously. And he noticed one thing. They looked really manly. They have those muscular bodies and the facade of criminals.

 

He gulped. *If ever I come out of this alive I’ll call the police and have them arrested and then, I’ll go to a gym class.* He cursed in his mind.

 

“Stop bullying him. He’s going to cry!”

“Him? So he’s a guy? I thought it was a girl.”

“Then, let’s get this finished.”

 

Kyungsoo blew air onto his bangs and cleared his throat. “One more step closer to me and I’ll---“

 

“What?” They asked in a serious tone, preparing to attack him.

 

“Scream.” He mumbled as he looked away, trying to hide the embarrassment evident in his voice.

 

I know screaming is a thing commonly done by girls. But what do I do? Can I ask for help if I’ll only whisper? Of course NOT. I have to scream. Kyungsoo defended himself in his thoughts as the gangsters laughed at him.

 

“He’s definitely gay.”

 

“I’m not!” I exclaimed in anger. *Yes. I don’t have a girlfriend yet. But I’m definitely not gay.*

 

“Whatever. Let’s beat him up now and get his wallet.” One of them said as he approached Kyungsoo. And then his minions followed.

 

“HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!” Kyungsoo screamed as loud as he could.

They stopped for a bit and they laughed at him. *These jerks.*

 

“HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!” He screamed again and again until his throat became hoarse.

 

“Nothing’s gonna happen no one’s gonna come.” The guy wearing a cap said as he started to wrestle Kyungsoo and easily pin him down on the floor by stepping at Kyungsoo’s back.

*How dare he step at my uniform! Ahhh. It’s going to get dirty.* He thought as he tried to struggle but it was no use. He was just too powerful for a stick like guy like him.

 

Then, he felt his wallet being taken away from his back pocket. *No! My money!*

 

If there’s one thing which is really important to Kyungsoo, it would be his money. Why? Because he was an independent person. He pays for his house rent and sends himself to school. And the money that these gangsters are about to take away from him is his hard earned money from being a cashier at a convenience store.

 

And he’s been saving up his money for future incidents.

 

 

 

Just then, a loud motorcycle engine was heard. The attention flew towards him. The rider stopped the engine and went to us.

 

And in no time, he started fighting the guy who was nearest to him. After a few seconds, the guy fell on the floor, unconscious.

 

I tried to look up and I saw the person who came taking off the helmet. My eyes widened. The he is a SHE.

 

It was a girl. A lovely girl with long hair and brown eyes. Her eyebrows were furrowed and her lips are twitched. She looked really pissed. She harshly stepped on the guy’s chest who was lying on the floor, unconsciously.

 

“WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS ON THE WAY HUH?!” The guy who got my wallet growled at her.

 

“If you don’t release that guy I’ll stomp on him until he dies.” She threatened as she glared at them and pointed at the guy he was stepping at.

 

*Someone actually came. She saved me.* Kyungsoo praised her in his thoughts.

 

The guys quickly released Kyungsoo and the guy who was stepping at him earlier kicked him to the side. *They released me way too harshly.* He thought as he glared at them. “Ouch!” Kyungsoo winced in pain as he almost kissed the ground.

 

They are about to run but then, she punched the other guy and kicked the other. In a few words, she fought with them. She looked really cool while she was fighting with them. It was like was watching an action movie in 4D.

 

When all of them are unconscious she bent down and took the wallet from the floor and walked towards him.“Here.” She tossed Kyungsoo’s beloved wallet to him.

 

Kyungsoo caught it in no time. “T-thank you!” He said as he bowed about three times. She just walked away from and didn’t even look back at him. *Woah. She’s just so cool.* Kyungsoo thought as he stared at her.

 

“Leave now. They’ll only be unconscious for a few minutes. If they wake up and you’re still there, I won’t be around to save you anymore, Kitty.” She said as she continued walking and went to her motorcycle.

 

I couldn’t complain about the ‘kitty’ part because she just saved me. I should be atleast thankful.

 

With that, I walked away from the bloody scenario and ran towards my school.

 

And I totally forgot about being late. *.*

 

 

 

===============================================================