Chapter 11: Chanyeol's Birthday

Opposites Attract

 

 

===============================================================

 

 

Kyungsoo sat on the wooden chair with his friends like he always does during lunch. He placed his tray on top of the table and started eating.

 

“Wow. You’re not late today.” Kai smirked as he sat beside me.

 

I just rolled my eyes at him. *He’s starting again.*

 

“Hyung, it’s Yeol’s birthday today. There’s a party later.” Sehun excitedly told me after he drank his orange juice.

 

I tilted my head. “Later? After class?” I asked him to confirm.

 

“Yup. You’re coming right?” Chanyeol asked as he flashed me a grin.

 

*What about the girl?* I thought worriedly.

 

“You look troubled. Do you have something to do later after class?” Suho queried, looking concerned.

 

I shook my head. “Nothing. I was just thinking of something.” I answered as I started chewing on my food. *Well maybe she left just like she did the other day. Right?*

 

“Then it’s settled! We’re all going to Chanyeol’s house to play!” Sehun exclaimed in excitement while jumping up and down.

 

Chanyeol clasped his hands together as he smiled. “It’s going to be a fun party!” He said.

 

I just tried to smile. No matter how I try to convince myself that everything’s going to be okay, I’m still thinking about the girl who barged in my house earlier. If I come home too late, she won’t be able to eat.

 

Ahhhhhh. No. Stop thinking of her. She’s just a stranger who happened to drop by. I won’t be able to see her anymore. I convinced myself with a small nod.

 

 

…..

 

 

At Chanyeol’s house,

 

“I won!” Suho exclaimed triumphantly while he smiled proudly.

 

Sehun sighed and tossed the controller away. “Freak.” He cursed.

 

Suho stopped and turned to Sehun. “I’m your hyung!” He exclaimed.

 

Sehun stuck his tongue out at him and covered his ears.

 

Suho became more angered. With that Sehun ran away from him. And Suho chased after him.

 

Kai rolled his eyes. “Here they go again.”

 

I just chuckled at them. *As always the eldest and the youngest are squabbling.*

 

“Hey that’s mine!” Baekhyun yelped as he ran after Chanyeol for the last piece of pizza.

 

Chanyeol evilly grinned at him. “No! It’s my birthday. Give the last piece to me.” Chanyeol muttered as he gobbled up the pizza. Baekhyun sighed as he walked away while cursing him.

 

“Loser.” Chanyeol .

 

Baekhyun glared at him. “You should order another box of pizza.” He whined as he sat down on the chair. He looked so depressed over that piece of pizza.

 

Kai noticed that I was just silently watching the 4 dorks. “You don’t look happy. Is there a problem?” He asked me.

 

All of them turned to me worriedly. I shook my head. “No. I’m perfectly fine!” I said as I smiled.

 

“Do you want another box of pizza?” Baekhyun asked with twinkling eyes.

 

Chanyeol took out his phone, ready to call the pizza shop. “Should I order another one?” He asked. I shook my head in disapproval.

 

“Do you want to play a game?” Sehun asked.

 

“No thanks.” I answered.

 

Suho walked towards me with a worried look. Like he always does. “Is it about Yoonjoo?”

 

As soon as I heard her name, I flustered. “No!” I exclaimed.

 

They all looked at me with a sly smile.

 

“That’s not really it! I’m thinking of someone else----“ That sounded really wrong. I thought as I slapped my forehead.

 

Chanyeol ran towards me and he wrestled me. “You’re not telling us something.” He said as he slung his arm around my neck and applied pressure to it. I hit his hand several times because he’s choking me. But he still won’t let me go.

 

“Hey stop it. You’re going to kill him.” Kai muttered coolly as he flipped his bangs.

 

When Chanyeol realized that I’m turning pale and slowly dying, he released me. I breathed deeply as I held my neck. “Sorry.” Chanyeol shrugged and bit his lip. I just glared at him.

 

“So who’s the new girl you’re thinking of?” Baekhyun asked me.

 

*She’s a gangster. Well, no …not really.*

 

“Is she pretty?” Sehun whispered.

 

*..Yes.*

 

“Where does she study?” Suho asked.

 

*She said she doesn’t study anymore.*

 

“Is her hair long or short? Is she an ulzzang?” Chanyeol also asked.

 

“Come on Kyung, tell us her name.” Kai sided with them.

 

*Her name? … Oh right…I still don’t know her name.*

 

All of them started bombarding me with questions. “I WAS TALKING ABOUT OUR HOMEROOM TEACHER. SHE GAVE US A VERY HARD ASSIGNMENT!” I exclaimed so that they would all stop interrogating me.

 

They gave me their disbelieving looks. “It’s true.” I lied.

 

“So you still like Yoonjoo?” Kai asked with a smirk.

 

The 4 dorks leaned closer, they are anticipating my answer.

 

“It’s already late. Let’s go home.” I reasoned out as I stretched my arms out and faked a yawn.

 

“Stop acting.” Sehun mumbled as he crossed his arms.

 

“Come on! Answer now!” Suho exclaimed impatiently.

 

“I’ll wrestle you again.” Chanyeol threatened as he wiggled his fingers towards me.

 

I sighed. “Okay. Okay. I do. I really like her. Stop now.” I said as I glared at all of them.

They just laughed and hi-fived each other.

 

These idiots really… Argh.

 

 

===============================================================